Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Starting Chemo September 2019

Options

Comments

• eveldon
    eveldon Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hey ladies! Just sitting here reading through all of the older posts now that I am 2.5 weeks PFC. I am really dragging. Our weather here has been all over the place. Mostly rain but snow and warm springlike days mixed in. I am so achy and every pain makes me think the worst. I have been so tired too and wondering how everyone felt after they were done and when you started feeling back to normal.

My surgery is Monday. I had a mastectomy on the cancer side before I started chemo. I had one positive sentinel node which surprised everyone. I wanted to start chemo ASAP so my BS and I decided to wait until after for ALND. I am going to have that done and a prophylactic on the other side (no reconstruction for now); also having the port that never worked removed. I had radiation back in 2014 so I can't do it again. I am just dreading recovering from another surgery.

Hope everyone is recovering well and feeling better. On a hair note it is coming in well on the sides and the back but the top is lagging behind. Hope it starts to catch up :)

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    Options

Happy Thursday Ladies!

Eveldon, I know what you mean by freaking out about every ache and pain. I am five weeks PFC and one shoulder and one hip hurt off and on. It feels like muscular pain in both but it still freaks me out!

I’m a bit nervous about having to wait until 3/3 for surgery ( 2/13 surgery postponed due to doctor scheduling conflict). It will be 9 weeks PFC when it happens and I hope that isn’t enough time passed that all of my progress comes undone.

I’m feeling better. Getting energy back. For the most part, I’m keeping a positive attitude. I hope you all are too!

• lms458412
    lms458412 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Sounds like you are doing well, Gamb. Congrats on the hair growth! Good luck with the sweet tooth problem - I am fighting the same thing. I eat a lot of fruit now. I still can't give up my dark chocolate, though.

Good to hear from you, eveldon. I will pray for a successful surgery for you on Monday and a quick recovery! I felt a lot better around 5 weeks PFC. Hang in there!

AngieB - I doubt the doctor would let you wait so long if he/she didn't think it was okay. Stay positive and take good care of yourself while you're waiting. Eat healthy, keep moving, and stay busy. March will be here before you know it!

• lms458412
    Options

13 weeks PFC. First day going out without a hat.

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519
    Options

Hi everyone, just checking in. It’s been a rough couple of weeks, my biological dad passed away on 1/26. This year isn’t starting off right :(

Health wise I’m doing pretty good. My energy levels are up, and I’m feeling pretty good except for the aches caused by the Tamoxifen. I have 2 more tissue expander fills, then I’ll have exchange surgery to get implants in March. My hair is still growing well.

I hope everyone is doing well

(((Hugs)))

Tracy

Hair 13 weeks PFC

Back

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519
    Options

wow Leah! Looking great! I’m not brave enough to go without a wig or cap yet.

• angieb92
    Options

Thank you, Leah!! And congratulations on that big step of going out without a hat!! You look great!!

Tracy - so sorry about your bio Dad! I know you are ready for your exchange. One more box to check off. And I love love love your hair!!

I hope you all have a great night!

• ange743
    ange743 Member Posts: 69
    Options

Love seeing the hair growth pictures! I can't wait until mine kicks in, which will hopefully be soon as I'm 5 weeks past chemo. I can tell it's starting, but I still look bald. 🙄

Still healing from surgery last Thursday. My chest isn't very sore, but my arm and underarm sure are. Surgeon doesn't think it should be as tender as it is, but hasn't proposed any solutions. I'm hoping once the last drain comes out, hopefully on Sunday that it'll start feeling better.

I hope you are all doing well. 😊

• ilovemymom4ever
    ilovemymom4ever Member Posts: 29
    Options

hi! Can i ask anyone regarding taking vitamins during the course of chemotherapy? Does it have an effect on the drugs being administered to me? Should vitamin c be stopped

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570
    Options

ilove.. you should ask your oncologist, mine had me stop taking vitamins.

• lms458412
    Options

ilovemymom4ever - Definitely ask your oncologist. Mine was fine with me taking a multivitamin during chemo. About a month PFC, she was okay with me taking other supplements as well. I didn't take a multivitamin, though...mainly just Vitamin D, magnesium and calcium and tried to eat healthy.

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Leah and Tracy your hair looks great! I wish mine would thicken up on top.

Prayers for those of you still healing from surgery and those who have surgery coming up. ❤🙏

Here's my Friday update! 11 weeks PFC:

I'm still pretty tired from my last surgery and occasionally have weird back and heel pain. Feels like it's in my bones. I'm gonna ask my oncologist if that might be aSE from the Zometa. I'm still working on transitioning to whole foods plant based diet and procrastinating on exercise. I'll get there.

• Gamb
    Options

Great hair pics everyone

• angieb92
    Options

Love the hair, Bridget!!!

Ilovemymom- definitely ask your onco. Mine was fine with me taking Vitamin C, D3, and B12 Complex during xhemo

• ilovemymom4ever
    ilovemymom4ever Member Posts: 29
    Options

@gamb you didn't take any vitamins during the course? So is the chemo effective to you

• Gamb
    Options

I love. I am 6weeks pfc, as far as I know the chemo was effective, I am triple negative, my oncologist will not do scans unless I have a valid complaint, I have blood work tho, will be seen every 3 months for 2 years, I have now started back on all my vitamins, a multivitamin , b12 complex vitamin d, vitamin c and a probiotic. I did what my oncologist advised, please ask your oncologist, we have to trust the doctors we have or find another one, we all are so different and the cancer we have plays different with each us, so your mo is the beat to advise you. I hope you tolerate the chemo well.

• Patty66
    Patty66 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Hi Pixies 🧚♀️ and soon-to-be 🧚♀️

Just some quick reassuring update: at 5 1/2 weeks I also can feel stubbles and see small hairs coming in. It does regrow!

• lms458412
    Options

Your hair is looking good, Bridget! I'm sure the top will fill in soon. Remember you just had surgery, so your body is probably busier healing than growing hair! I bet you'll see more happening within a few weeks.

Yay for stubble, Patty66!

I watched my son play soccer earlier today and I think we're going to just relax and enjoy a family movie night now. Hope all of you are having a relaxing weekend, too!

• angieb92
    Options

Hi all! Here are my pics of hair growth. I will be 6 weeks PFC on Tuesday. I’m loving the furry new hair growing in! The top is a bit slower (the longer hair is left over from when I cut my hair before I lost the majority of it).

I turned 50 today. Spent part of the day working and the whole day feeling grateful. Keep your chins up, ladies!! We’ll get through this together! ❤️

• lms458412
    Options

Happy Birthday Angie!!!!

My hair growth started the same way as yours. You will see such a difference in just a few weeks!

• angieb92
    Options

Thank you, Leah!!

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107
    Options

Tracy, very sorry to hear of your loss of your biological father.

I'm just counting the days until surgery. Some of my energy is returning. I'm starting to walk laps in our great room. Too cold for walking outside. No change in the neuropathy of my hands and feet. I've been told nerve damage can take months to heal. I'm doing a short course of PT for the neuropathy. But, mostly we seem to be working on improving my strength.

Radiation after healing from surgery. Then maybe Xeloda depending upon the pathology from my axillary node dissection.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Marily

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Hello,, hope all is well, tomorrow is surgery day!! I’m ready, doing a simple double mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy, with 4 drains, chemo has about done me in,, total 6 units of blood, 35 lbs lost, neuropathy, mainly in my feet, pills and more pills, tons of wrinkled skin, but I have made it!!! I have been keeping up with y’all, everyone looks great, a lot has been accomplished, Hugs and positive vibes to all, image

• Gamb
    Options

Maggie, great to hear from you.. Good luck with surgery and a speedy recovery with no adverse reactions.

• angieb92
    Options

Maggie you look wonderful! Good luck with surgery! Prayers coming your way

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Praying for you today, Maggie! ❤

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180
    Options

Surgery went well today!! Node biopsy was negative for cancer, chemo definitely worked, maybe next week on pathology for breast tissue. Praying for a complete chemo response, Incision looks great, do have some swelling and a deep itching, go back to see surgeon February 20th, only 2 drains not bad at all, no wrap or bra, limited on what I can do until I see the surgeon, wanted to say thank you, for the thoughts, prayers and positive vibes for today, feeling relieved, busy next week infusion on Tuesday HP, Surgeon on Thursday,,, I had to skip the last HP because I needed blood infusion, all my labs perfect today, thank you!! Will let u know on final path report

Hugs, prayers and positive vibes

One day at a time!!! All will be ok whatever path report reveals!!! 😘😘😘😘

My mental state is so much better thank good

• lms458412
    Options

So glad to hear your great news, Linda! Praying for quick healing and a good pathology report.

• Floridaliving18
    Floridaliving18 Member Posts: 52
    Options

love meeting with you Leah you are so sweet.

last week was tough on week 11 of taxol very achey and weird shooting pain in knees now on gabapentin for a couple weeks tell last treatment.

prayers to all for recovery.

• Floridaliving18
    Floridaliving18 Member Posts: 52
    Options

Hi

nice hair Bridget. my white hair started to grow 2 weeks before end of treatment not enough to post.