Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Radiation October 2019

Options

Comments

• kamboka
    kamboka Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

petite1: How was the memorial service and the doctor appointments?

mocame: Glad to hear that work has settled down a bit. My work is heating up here and I'm almost sorry that I'm coming back to the USA for the week. I dread those 25 hours days. I have to get my meds and a few doctor appointments. I'm actually still working virtually but only a few hours per day while I'm home. My neighbor sent me a note that my mailbox was leaning. I'm hoping it's still up since I have a months worth of mail in it.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,191
    Options

mocame, I am glad things are slowing down a bit at work. My ebay sales are slow, but I have not been junking and don't have much to list. I did get out when my niece was here and picked some stuff to sell.

kamboka, The celebration of life was nice. It was almost like a reunion. Since Jim and I knew each other since we were 12 and went to the same schools we knew al lot of the same people. There were old friends from that time, people he worked with from Tampa and people he worked with from here. There were also the friends we made since living here. Of course there was family. My brother, 4 years younger also remembered the folks from the old neighborhood. I was a social butterfly. Unfortunately that crashed and I was a basket case afterwards. When I had the echocardiogram, I was sure there was something terribly wrong. (no actual reason). Since I didn't get any calls, I assume it was OK. I have the follow up with the doctor on Tuesday.

• mocame
    mocame Member Posts: 554
    Options

Petite - I'm glad the service went well. You knew your husband a long time! That's awesome! How did your follow up with your dr go?

Kamboka - Did you hear anything about the job?

• kamboka
    Options

I got back home late Monday and have been running like a crazy person ever since. I'm still covering for the office and working about 4 hours a day plus checking emails the rest of the time. I've had so many errands to run as well. Going through the mail and addressing issues takes a lot of time after two months of nothing. I had a GYN visit yesterday and she wanted me to come back for an US. Just finished it and everything is good. I have to go back on Wednesday. The time is flying by. I"m hoping to hit an estate sale or two but I don't need to be buying anything since I've not been able to list on Ebay for months.

• mocame
    Options

Kamboka - I'm glad your US went well. You sound really busy and you just got back! I've only sold 2 things this year. It continues to be slow even though I've been putting out offers and lowering prices. I did see ebay's news that they will be increasing fees on most categories. I think jewelry and handbags are not going up, though, so that's good for you.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, glad your visit went well. I have bought a few things at estate sales and just listing on Sat & Sun.

mocame, It is a very difficult adjustment. I did buy a lot of Victorian and Art Deco for repair, so I am playing with that. Some I did recreations. I will see if they sell. If not I will keep them. I like what I did. LOL

• kamboka
    Options

Just got back to my hotel. It was not a bad 25 hours since two of my long haul flights was half full and I had three seats to myself. I got to stretch out and rest. It really makes a big difference. I will miss my lovely 70s and low humidity. I'm back to high 80s with humidity.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I am glad that flight wasn't too bad. It is chilly today. It was in the 40's when I got up. I haven't gone out for my walk, but will soon. The grieving process is causing Lupus flare ups, so I feel like a lump.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: Stress is a booger. It can cause so many physical problems. My last trip here, I had my hives (dermatophagia) problem. So far, nothing. Maybe I'm not as stressed. Anyways, as you go through the grieving process, things will change. When I get back it will probably be in the 80s. I love the mid to high 70s with low humidity best.

• kamboka
    Options

dermatographia (they call it skin writing) I've tried it when I start itching and minutes later the word will come up on my skin. Weird.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I know. The process is hard on the mind and body. I try to stay positive and spend time with friends. On the negative side, LOL, the dental assistant was clean my teeth and dug out a piece of a filling. I am grumpy about that. It is a lower front tooth and of course I am on Prolia. The dental practice was recently sold or changed ownership when my dentist retired. I went to him for decades. So, now I don't trust the new one. He just brushed it of and said we can cap it. It is a little tiny lower front tooth. I don't want a cap, especially since it was their fault. GRRR

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I use Spectrum, but it is expensive. When I have a problem, they come out and take care of it.

• petite1
    Options

My labs are normal. Yay! I have my vein ablation tomorrow. One of my friends is taking me. I messed up 2 orders on ebay and now trying to get them back to send them to the correct buyer. Oops. I was doing a cancer survivor walk on Saturday and the Jeep broke down. Roadside assistance was able to start it and I made it home. It will just have to sit in the garage until I am able to drive it. It has a clutch and the procedure is on my left leg. I will probably have to have it towed to the Jeep store to get fixed. It something with the electrical system. If it was an older vehicle I could probably fix it myself. LOL. It has 2 batteries, a primary and a secondary, and the battery cable splits into multiple or at least 2, cables going all over the place.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: congrats on the good labs! Sorry about the car. It seems that if it's not one thing it's another. It always seems to be car repairs or dental work. My sister was at my house this weekend and said my sink was leaking. There goes another $100 minimum when I get back. I have that homeowners warranty thingy but $100 is the base rate. Usually, I don't have to pay anything else.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, sorry to hear about the sink. It is always something.

I had the vein ablation and my leg looks like a mummy. I can take the dressings off this afternoon. I have my Prolia shot at 1:00 and cancer doctor at 1:15. After I get home, the mummy wrap is coming off. I will be ready to celebrate.

• mocame
    Options

Petite1 - I'm so glad your labs are normal. When it rains it pours! If it isn't something with the house, it's the car, or health.

Kamboka - Sorry to hear about your sink. So frustrating. When do you get back?

Had our taxes done and our accountant said we made too much money and need to pay in a bunch of taxes. We were wondering where this "extra" money is and then I remembered that we had a lot of dental and medical bills and spent $4000 in one week last December just at the dentist. Maybe I need to give the dentist my tax bill! LOL. Between medical/dental bills, groceries, and gas, we don't have any money left so it stinks that we have to pay in.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: A few years ago, I was going to do my veins but chickened out. They are getting worse but it runs in the family.

mocame: So sorry about all the expenses and the need to pay more taxes. Normally, I get back a little each year but this year I will have to pay a lot since my last job does not take out taxes. I am dreading it with a passion. I wish I could say that I see everything my tax dollars go toward and I'm in agreement with it, but I can't. Our governments are so wasteful and the middle man and woman pay the price.

I'm here for another month. When I get back, my mom and I are planning to visit the Destin Panama City area. I can't believe I've never been there.

• petite1
    Options

mocame, I dread finding out about my taxes. Next year will probably be worse without Jim.

Kamboka, Destin is nice.

• mocame
    Options

Kamboka - I never heard of Destin Panama City. Where is that? We are currently having snow showers here and Destin sounds warm...I would like any place that was warm right now! LOL!

• petite1
    Options

mocame, It is in 49 this morning and going to 70. I will need my jacket for my old lady walk. LOL

• kamboka
    Options

mocame: Destin and Panama City are south of Pensacola on the panhandle of FL. They are supposed to have very white sand. It's also a place for springbreakers but I think they will be gone when we get there. We are renting a 3 br house for four nights. I plan to drive down the coast to Apalachicola and then up to the Tallahassee area. I've never even been to Tallahassee.

By the time I get back in April, our weather should be fantastic. I really like the early fall and late spring in Jax.

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, It is in the 40's this morning. April should be nice. Tallahassee is hilly. Jim had to take some classes at the community college for recertification. We spend a lot of time up there. One of the things on the bucket list was to visit all of the towns on the Gulf coast. Which we completed in 2016. Today, I have my mamo. Hopefully that just shows post surgical changes and nothing else.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: How did the mammogram go? I never thought Tallahassee would be hilly. Any recommendation of some small cities that are unique or interesting for us to see?

• petite1
    Options

Kamboka, I haven't heard anything on the Mamo. I think no news is good news. As for the little towns and cities, there are so many. How far away do you want to go? Up in the Panhandle I like Pensacola Beach, Destin, Panama City Beach, Apalachicola, St. George Island, Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe, and Mexico Beach. I use to have the Tee shirts from all of those, but I did a big purge and they are gone. Still have a wall hanging from Cape San Blas. So many have been damaged by hurricanes. I have not been that far up since 2016. That is when we completed the Gulf coast tour. Have fun where ever you go.

• kamboka
    Options

petite1: Not knowing the results is torture over a weekend. I get my results at the clinic before they let me leave. Most times, I have to either repeat or do a biopsy. At least I don't have to go back for all that.

Our rental is near the heart of PCB. We'll spend a day in Destin and then time in PCB. I will then drive down the coast to hit Apalachicola. After that, I wasn't sure if there were any great places to visit. I see Crawfordville, Perry, etc. How about Live Oak? My sister and her husband are staying an extra day to go fishing. I'm sure they will go south for that.

• mocame
    Options

Ladies, those places sound wonderful!! I didn't know that any part of Florida was hilly. Yesterday was a high of 40 and windy. Brrr! We are supposed to start getting into the 50's and 60's permanently starting today. Yay, Spring!

• petite1
    edited March 2023
    Options

mocame, There is a ridge in Florida and the panhandle. It is hilly in my county. Sort of like Kentucky. Gentle hills.

Kamboka, I am a water baby and prefer the coast. I don't particularly like Perry. It is the turning point for me going to the panhandle. Live Oak is OK for passing through. I like Fanning Springs, Steinhatchee, and Horseshoe beach.

• kamboka
    edited March 2023
    Options

petite1: Those places look nice. I am planning to do several more FL trips where I see the springs in the middle, hit Tampa and Sarasota areas later. I think on this trip we'll just round the panhandle coast and end up in Tallahassee back to Jax. Jax is fairly flat and we have so much water with the St. Johns river everywhere. I only have two more weeks here. It's bittersweet as I love my colleagues. I need to book my mammogram but I keep forgetting to call.

• petite1
    edited March 2023
    Options

My mamo results are normal. I am dealing with a nightmare double payment to IRS. It interrupted my sleep and I have been up since 5:30. I did the payment online, as recommended by the CPA. If you ever have to pay in, don't do it online. YIKES

• mocame
    edited March 2023
    Options

Petite - I'm glad your mammogram came out normal! Always good news. I haven't talked to anyone that is getting money back this year. Even the people that always get a refund are having to pay in. Our accountant didn't keep up-to-date on my husband's business bookkeeping so we didn't realize that he made more money last year because he had less expenses. So, we are getting hit hard. We were wondering where all the money was that we supposedly made and then realized we have extra medical and dental bills last year (plus extra food/other costs having the kids home again). Fun times.

Nothing is happening with ebay. I've sold 5 things this year so far. I've reduced prices and nothing is moving.