Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Buckle up ladies, Puketober is upon us

Options

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

I am not a “pink” fan in the least and am totally turned off by the sexual innuendo in too many of the phrases and sayings related to bc but… I understand that those who have not had any personal contact with bc might not understand why these things are so offensive. I am quite certain that I never gave a second thought to the pink stuff prior to my dx. I am a recently retired teacher so when I do run across friends/acquaintances who think the pink is helping those of us with bc, I see that as a teaching and learning opportunity.

• star2017
    star2017 Member Posts: 370
    Options

I find the infantalizing of breast cancer awareness really insulting (we currently have a pink fire truck named Vicky driving around our city), but I'm also appreciative of the funding. Without it, I probably would have died before age 40.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 531
    Options

I created that t-shirt on RushOrderTees website, they had images (like the howling wolf) that I liked so I ordered from them. I added a note explaining what MBC is, I'm not sure if they're going to object to the language on the back or not...

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

The White House is lit up in pinkSickTired

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

🤮🤮

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

I just saw that 😩.

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

• spookiesmom
    Options

feel sorry for the dogs.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

exbrnxgrl, that's close to the winner of Puketober's worst bc meme. Here's a close contender:

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,591
    Options

Stay classy, Denmark!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Traveltext: I am lost for words. What the Hell ? Buns in a bra!?!!

• finallyoverit
    finallyoverit Member Posts: 133
    Options

6 days done; 25 to go

I’m not going to lie, it’s going to be a LONG 25 days. I am super grouchy this month/year. Maybe it’s because bc has now been a part of my life for 10 years. An ENTIRE freaking decade!

I am starting to make a plan to extract myself from some commitments. I just can’t do it. I am sick and tired of everyone else’s issues, or lack of desire to do something that needs to be done to fall in my lap. They don’t know anything about my medical issues, but still. I, as a STAGE 4 CANCER patient, work circles around them.

I am thankfully doing well, but if it turns south, which we all know can happen anytime, I’m going to be super pissed that I allowed this to happen. Well, it stops now… well tomorrow since it’s time for bed where I am

Sorry for all of the caps.. I'm seriously angry over here.. to the point of tears.

I don’t have the option of stopping work. Hell, I’ll probably be working when I go on hospice.. but I HAVE to take part of my life back. If I don’t, what’s the freaking point of dealing with all of the procedures, all of the appointments, all of the pills, all of the IVs and shots, all of the bills? For what? I just don’t see the point. No spouse, no kids, no relationship with siblings, strained with parents, bff and only one who knows of dx moving thousands of miles away. So I ask again, what’s the freaking point?! Sorry for the rant, everyone. Struggling over herr

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358
    Options

Finallyoverit,

I have no words of wisdom, as I’m a mess right now. I just wanted to say to say I hear you and this all just plain sucks so much. You deserve to have a break from working too much and do things you enjoy.

I’m only 41 and still working for money and healthcare, and I had my whole brain zapped for crying out loud. My immediate boss and two coworkers/friends know the extent of my situation. On one hand I don’t foresee any raises or promotions in my future, on the other hand, less stress and I can easily say sorry not gonna stay late and clean that shit up. I cleaned it up for years. But we shouldn’t have to be sick to say this… our young intern packs it up at 5pm sharp. 40 hours is all they get….maybe less since he’s listening to podcasts all day and not paying attention.

Glad to say I didn’t encounter ANY pink paraphernalia at the oncology clinic nor at the imaging center for my scans, mammos are in a different part of the building so I’m sure all the pink was over there.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    Options

Finally, no need to apologize for anything. I'm glad you have a plan to extricate yourself from commitments that no longer serve you. At first, it may seem difficult. If so, let yourself sit with those feelings and accept them. In the beginning as I learned to say no, and to stop doing so much for others, I felt like a big meanie, a bitch, selfish, ugly. I had to let myself feel that way but still stand my ground. It took months to get past that but over time it started getting easier. And then I started feeling lighter. Relief. Proud that I was saying yes to me and not others' expectations. It takes work but is so worth it. Of course I had ups and downs learning a new behavior but I just took it as a quiet challenge to myself. It is okay to put you first.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 531
    Options

finallyoverit, I agree with everything Divine said (she is very wise and inspiring and awesome), and yes yes yes to taking part of your life back! This MBC is so heavy at times, I think we have to put down quite a lot of other stuff we were carrying before. Sending both you and kikomoon hugs as well as a fast drive along the coast here in N. California, listening to whatever loud music you like, we can all sing and scream and laugh like hyenas. Then stop for snacks.

• spookiesmom
    Options

• spookiesmom
    Options

image Couldn’t get them to load together. Haven’t personally seen it.

• finallyoverit
    Options

Thanks for the support, ladies. Been a tough week, but I’m trudging along, putting one foot in front of the other. This too, shall pass.

@spookiesmom -

• finallyoverit
    Options

sorry.. didn’t come through.. it was a face palm

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    Options

I'm just fed up enough I hope they dont' let non-vaxxed covid patients in.

• spookiesmom
    Options

I don’t know who she is, a celebrity? If this is true, I’m glad she posted this.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

she was in Little House on the Prairie as a kid and the lots of other things like Beverly Hills 90210. It's interesting that she's doing the more candid stuff now because before she was very focused on saying stuff like i'm just living life & want to show people that you can live with stage 4 etc etc.

I'm wondering if she's had progression. Poor Shannen. Even with all the wealth and doctors, this disease steals us all....

• sondraf
    Options

I think she initially had it in her spine and was on the same cocktail as the rest of us. She only announced that she had MBC because otherwise it was going to come out anyway in some insurance papers regarding her house burning down in one of the California wildfires. She had pretty extensive Stage III treatment, though, and this photo looks familiar and the way it was phrased suggests maybe it was from that time.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    Options

Elderberry I love your idea. Black tutu. I do have a pink sweatshirt that’s going to say Breast Cancer Kills in a blood dripping font on the back. I’m participating in a local Thriller parade and that’s going to be my zombie costume.

I’m sick of the awareness and loved SPs comment from 2019.

I’m sure I’ll be pissed when I go to my scans on Friday. Lots of pink ribbons. Will wear my MBC facts shirt honoring MBC in the 13th.

• spookiesmom
    Options

Yay Z❤️❤️❤️ Need pic.

• sondraf
    Options

I have to say, the UK is pretty downlow with the pink thing. I was out and about in town yesterday and didn't see anything related to pinkwashing, same with at the store. I did notice my laundry detergent had a Halloween themed wrapping for this month, though.

My alma mater played a football game last weekend with special helmets with a component in pink. Just - no guys.

• spookiesmom
    Options

And if you make a deal on a new car, they will make a donation. But he died 6 months ago and I sold his car.

• sondraf
    Options

Spookie, let's get down to the real reason though - he needs to drastically increase his used car inventory!

• finallyoverit
    Options

14 down; 17 to go - not that I’m counting