Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Remember When!!

Options

Comments

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2020
    Options

I'm with you ceanna - I miss my Reese's peanut butter cup eggs! They're the best.

I've been following this thread when I can - so much fun!

Happy Easter everyone!

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2020
    Options

Spookie...my daughter loves stale Peeps!

• Yogatyme
    Yogatyme Member Posts: 1,793
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember when Easter was the only time you saw Peeps?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,971
    edited April 2020
    Options

I just saw this on Facebook.....

• ceanna
    ceanna Member Posts: 3,120
    edited April 2020
    Options

Oh, ruthbru, such cute pictures that remind so much of my growing up era!!

Those were the dresses and those scratchy crinolines!! It was so itchy to sit on a hard bench in church on Easter morning!!

• flashlight
    flashlight Member Posts: 311
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember when we read paperback books? I was just downloading a book on my kindle. I used to send my read books to my Mom in Vt and she would read it and pass it on. Or we would buy them for a dollar at the used book fairs.

• ceanna
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi flashlight. I still prefer to read fiction in paperback--I just find it more relaxing and not as taxing on my eyes to not look at screen. I do download non-fiction though.

Remember playing hopscotch--drawing out the boxes in chalk or in the dirt and finding just the right stone to toss!!

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020
    Options

How about those wooden paddles with the rubber ball attached by an elastic string. My brother and I use to have contests to see who could keep them going the longest without missing.

• ceanna
    edited April 2020
    Options

That elastic could have lasted longer, but yes, I do remember them well!

Did everyone have a Barbie doll? I even had a Ken doll with "hair" not plastic hair!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited April 2020
    Options

yo-yos. And the “tricks” you could do, maybe. Without bonking yourself.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2020
    Options

I had/still have, a Little Miss Revlon doll. Came out shortly before Barbie. After that Barbie doll came out, everybody thought it was cute to call ME Barbie. I hated it then, still do. Just call me Barb.

• grammamuses
    grammamuses Member Posts: 2,103
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember Mrs. Beasley? No I didn't have her , my daughter did along with all the doll of the day whatever it happened to be. I had Bonnie Blue Eyes----the popular doll that was named after the little girl of Gone with The Wind. I was 5.

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    edited April 2020
    Options

I had a blonde Barbie doll in the 1970s and also a brunette doll called Cindy.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2020
    Options

I had Barbie, Ken, their friends Midge & Allen, and Barbie's little sister, Skipper. I also had her Dream House and blue convertible. For awhile, during a breakup, Barbie dated my little brother's GI Joe. 😄

• ceanna
    edited April 2020
    Options

Wow!! Barbie stepping out on Ken with GI Joe!!! LOL!!!

Remember watching Bonanza on Sunday nights!!! And Lassie!!! And the Smother's Brothers?!!

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020
    Options

And Ed Sullivan and The Wonderful World of Disney.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2020
    Options

Anyone have the Dawn dolls? I also had the Fashion Show and Beauty Pageant stages for them.

Topper Dawn, Glori, Angie & Dale dolls - The FAB Four | Dawn dolls ...

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2020
    Options

Ok, since it was my sons who had GIJoe, anyone remember Betsy Wetsy?

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    edited April 2020
    Options

Mrs. Beasley the doll from Family Affair. Loved that doll.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember Paper Dolls?

• grammamuses
    edited April 2020
    Options

Yes .paper dolls and cutting out clothes for them from catalogs--Sears, Pennys, and others. and drawing them and coloring them plus using fabric scraps. Hadn't thought of those in years.

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2020
    Options

Sears wish books. Mr Potato head, with a real potato you always forgot about.

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020
    Options

I found some paper dolls at T.J.MAXX @ Christmas several years ago. Bought them for an 8yo great niece....she was thrilled.

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    edited April 2020
    Options

Ruth, LOL! I had a pink Barbie townhouse and I think the pink car too. I also remember paper dolls.

ceanna, I remember watching Little House On The Prairie on Sunday nights.

bcincolorado, I remember the Mrs Beasley doll from Family Affair but I don't think they ever sold them in Australia.

• flashlight
    flashlight Member Posts: 311
    edited April 2020
    Options

I never had a Barbie! I remember when my Mom dressed up with a hat to go to the grocery store. When people dressed up to go on an airline flight. Not wearing shoes all summer, playing badminton and croquet in the field, shucking beans with my Grandmom, and picking wild blueberries. Watching the Beverly Hillbillies, Walter Cronkite, Star Trek, and the Twilight Zone.

• grammamuses
    edited April 2020
    Options

I remember the time before TV when radio was the thing. Listening to FDR and his fireside chats during WW2 and a variety of programs such as Amos and Andy, Fibber MeGee and Molly, Inner Sanctum--enough to scare the daylights out of me--and The Life Of Riley. No visuals, the imagination ran wild. We went to movies to see the news reels . We kids were not spared the gory details of the war, we went where our parents went, No one hired a babysitter. or very seldom. And yes, we kids played war, and we older ones were the Americans, the younger ones were the enemy. Yes we even played was at school.. Imagine how that would go over today.Wjen tv came along all those entertaining radio programs came to an end.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2020
    Options

I remember dressing up our long-suffering cat in doll clothes and wheeling her around the neighborhood in a baby carriage.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    edited April 2020
    Options

Oh my radio - yes to Amos and Andy, Fibber MeGee and Molly. How about The Lone Ranger or Sargent Preston of the Yukon?

I didn't mind being sick. I had to stay in my bed, but I had a radio right there for all those day time programs - Guiding Light, Helen Trent, Stella Dallas, Young Doctor Malone - and could spend the whole day with paper dolls.

My Mom made clay with flour & salt and water - long before PlayDoh - and would bring it up to my bed on a large breadboard with cookie cutters & old buttons and...

• ceanna
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember Angie and Eddie on the General Hospital soap opera? Quite tame by current standards but oh, my, quite scandalous back then!

• Yogatyme
    edited April 2020
    Options

Remember Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Green Jeans and Grandfather Clock? My generations Mr. Rogers. Whenever I see the children’s book, Make Way For Ducklings, I think of that show.