I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,418

Wonderful size on the memes. I can see them so easily and respond — save for some times being confused and wishing there were a couple of more actual response buttons — ones that might fit the meme a tiny bit better than what is there.

Wish there were a love it button or a WTF button too. Oh well, I just so appreciate not having to scroll anymore depending on where memes end up on the page to see the whole thing.

• illinoislady

As to something else I read today and I am so in agreement with is that Jack Smith has really indicted the Supreme Court with his brief as well. I had forgotten that 6 mos. ago basically Jack Smith asked the Court to make it's immunity ruling right away. They took I think a week to answer and then set it in motion for April and then what. They held onto it till their last day before releasing it and lo and behold basically giving FG all but a total green light.

So, in the Smith pages now coming out which are in fact pretty darn damming to FG, John Roberts (once seemingly fairly esteemed) showed that he has left the Amer. public behind as well, as he did what he thought would run interference for FG. This was as un-necessary and despicable as Mitch McConnell refusal to impeach FG and he had a second opportunity that he let go. It was said at the time that Merrick Garland slow walked getting things started with FG and it has seemed true and likely is — but I do note that he has and I presume still does lots of 1/6 characters needing prosecutions.

• illinoislady

I guess the wonderful thing for some about stupid is that you don't know it. In that case, things could go wrong for you Confederate's.

• illinoislady

Trump Supporters Reveal Why They’re Walking Out Of Ex-President’s Rallies—And The Reasons Are Absolutely Fascinating

The Washington Post asked people who have left Trump rallies early why they did.

by Stephen Silver1 hour ago1 hour ago

It’s been such a frequent topic in the current presidential race that Kamala Harris brought it up in her debate with Donald Trump: Some attendees at Trump’s rallies have been leaving early, with Trump still speaking on stage. It was not known to happen during Trump’s earlier campaigns.

“I’m going to actually do something really unusual and I’m going to invite you to attend one of Donald Trump’s rallies because it’s a really interesting thing to watch,” Harris said in the debate. “And what you will also notice is that people start leaving his rallies early out of exhaustion and boredom. And I will tell you the one thing you will not hear him talk about is you. You will not hear him talk about your needs, your dreams, and your desires.”

It was clear to most who watched the debate that this statement got under Trump’s ski, and he went on to allege, falsely, that nobody goes to Harris’ rallies.

This week, the Washington Post looked into this phenonemon, of more people than usual leaving Trump’s rallies early- by attending one such rally and asking attendees.

“Trump often runs late and goes long, prompting many to bow out because of other responsibilities, priorities or, sometimes, waning patience and interest,” the Post said, based on interviews with rally attendees.

“Some said they wanted to beat traffic or had work the next day. Others complained about sound quality. One man wanted to go home to his French bulldog. Another needed to get home to his daughter. A third had a Yorkie with him that started acting out. A fourth man said his phone died.” One woman said she was leaving early to pick up a disabled relative.

Trump, for his part, both at rallies and in the debate with Harris, has denied that this is happening. That attitude was even mocked on the first episode this season of Saturday Night Live.

“The fake news media never wants to report the truth about President Trump’s rallies: they are the biggest political events in history,” Karoline Leavitt, a Trump campaign spokeswoman, told the Post.

The Post story also said that while Trump’s advisers have asked him to not speak for as long at his rallies, Trump has replied that “they want a show. They want two hours.”

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

What happens when greed is your mistress. He is being investigated and well he should be.

• illinoislady

I hope what I heard is true and M. Gaetz's days are quite numbered now.

• illinoislady

Some things don't change — like having no freaking idea in the world what empathy is and not one ounce of understand about what money CAN'T buy.

• illinoislady
    edited October 4

BREAKING: Donald Trump gets infuriating news as titans of business like Mark Cuban, Reed Hastings, and Aaron Levine band together to launch a new initiative to elect Kamala Harris.

Business for Leaders for Harris has launched a series of slickly produced video testimonials from small business owners as well as the aforementioned prominent industry leaders to argue for a Harris presidency.

At the top of the list are Shark Tank billionaire Mark Cuban, LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, Netflix co-founder Reed Hastings, Box CEO Aaron Levine, former American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and former Merck CEO Ken Frazier. They all recorded short videos in support of Harris.

"Kamala Harris brings order and innovation. Donald Trump brings chaos and fear and hopelessness. We need someone who will bring us hope in a very tangible way and that is Kamala Harris," Chenault said in his testimonial.

"In many ways, I think it will be an improvement from the current administration. And one of her differences is the level of interest that she has," said Hastings.

Business Leaders for Harris comes from the progressive Republican Accountability PAC. The super PAC received $6 million from Hoffman and $7 million from Hastings alone.

On top of that, Hoffman will be hosting the new Business Leaders for Harris podcast, the first episode of which will feature him talking to Cuban and then Hastings.

Hoffman said he has heard from "a whole bunch of CEOs, who actually feel very strongly that Harris is better for business, but who don’t feel like they can speak up as much because they’re currently in ‘the seat.'"

"They’re kind of like, ’Hey, I got a bunch of employees. I got shareholders. I got customers," he added.

• illinoislady

Sadly, I do know there are people who will believe this for a couple of reasons — they are MAGA extremists and will believe anything he says — and they do not EVER, EVER, EVER fact check anything they hear. So they wouldn't fact check this for sure.

• illinoislady

Is Marco Rubio real?? I think he's an orange puppet.

• illinoislady
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,644

Illinoislady, could we also add a "puke" button? Some of the things I read on here, written by the candidates, unfortunately activate this visceral response.

• illinoislady

I'm thrilled for any Reps. who will stand up to the FG. They didn't seem in a rush, but this time out they are likely on quite solid ground. I'm grateful they are doing what they can to make a difference.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Well, there you have it — where his lie originated — with himself and his cheating underhanded I'm going to do what I want because all the idiots around me will let mt.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,585

One reason Vance rose to political prominence includes the Republicans, continuing to play the long game, viewed Ohio as one of the best chances to flip a Senate seat in 2022. They backed Vance with the help of billionaire venture capitalist Peter Theil. Vance ran against Tim Ryan, a 10-term pro-union congressman whose well-executed, well-funded campaign had buoyed his party by remaining within the margin of error of most polls during the race, despite Trump having twice won Ohio by 8 percentage points.

Honestly, there were times it looked like Ryan could win. But sadly, these days, Ohio is firmly red.

It’s a long story you can look up online, but Thiel brought Vance to his very first meeting with Trump at Mar-a-Lago in February 2021. In the 2022 campaign, Thiel made $15 million in donations to Vance's SuperPAC, Protect Ohio Values, a staggering amount from a single individual for a Senate race.

Now Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown is up for reelection. I have seen reports that Mitch McConnell and Karl Rove are investing a billion dollars into a campaign to unseat him. Brown has been around for 50 years. Is his record enough, or will he be voted out of office in our current politcal climate? It does not appear Thiel has invested in this campaign. But Mitch McConnell does not want a Democratic majority and is pulling out all stops to make sure it does not happen.

He fears three things if that were to happen: the end of the fillibuster, four new Democratic Senators (from DC and Puerto Rico) and expansion of the Supreme Court.
    article:

• illinoislady

Not sure all are un-decided — I just think are not willing to say what they have decided. Especially if that is to stay home.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited October 4

I note the date on this but we all know FG is a law unto himself.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited October 4

The truth: Republicans LOVE taking advantage of immigrants who are undocumented. They LOVE it. Trump has done it at Mango-Lago. Of course he has. It's exploiting human beings like modern slave labor. Republicans do it all the time and that's a large part of why they don't want immigrants having a path to citizenship.

Republicans don't want immigrants (with brown skin) to have the opportunity to A) Work for decent wages. B) Vote. They prefer to keep people with brown skin down and exploit them. Around election time though, they always rile up the racists in their base by making immigrants their main go-to theme. Accuse them of things like eating the dogs, eating the cats. Whatever they can "create," as J.D. Vance says.

As we saw when Republicans voted against the highly conservative border security bill for Donald Trump, they are once again exploiting immigrants. But this time, they are exploiting human beings to drive their racist base to the polls. That's the truth. It's ALL about exploitation. Aren't we all sick to death of it? Vote out Republicans!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Telling the real story pretty darn good, I'd say.

• illinoislady

Just another creep.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Perhaps that is evidence you're asking her for more than is healthy for you and driving home.