Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,843
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

A real show of his disdain for people.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

Practice being gentle, respectful and loving toward the life force in all things. Remind yourself that your efforts do make a difference, even if you think they are miniscule in comparison to the magnitude of the problem.

Wayne Dyer

• illinoislady

FG disdain and complete disrespect are legion. Sadly, he has helped turn so many people into mindless robots who don't ever know there is an edge to go over anymore.

Those people who have managed to retain a few brain-cells it would seem have been swearing off this time around, but there are some for which there likely isn't any hope.

I did note on the way here that while the Reps. and FG will lie about anything, to that degree a great many of the Reps in government know that not every lie will go over. They know better than to lie in-decently about the relief being given just now to states affected by Helene. FG lies on while the Reps. governors of those states tell the real truth. I do think there is plenty of upset since those in Congress know better as well and generally don't go there. On this one FG is pretty much on his own.

Signs of dementia: Also read on the way here that FG's handlers were instructed to place a picture behind FG at his rally showing lots of people there as not many (enough mind you) are showing now. For whatever reason, FG took umbrage at the picture that was chosen so started calling his own people STUPID. He (FG) is clearly not in control anymore and in order to get through the next weeks apparently will have to resort to odd things like having crowd pics put up behind you. It should be so evident to anyone really looking and even some of those at the rally, that things are not at all well.

I also read that FG's biggest nemesis, the neatly dressed and very well polished, velvety smooth speaker who can wow audiences, former Pres. Barack Obama will spend a moth stumping for Harris starting in Pittsburg, PA. FG has such jealousy and always has had. I'm sure it was painful to be handed the WH by Pres. Obama and Michele and like RFK's brain eating worms, I'm pretty sure FG will soon be having fits when he seems pitted once more against Pres. Obama. What little is hanging around of FG's mentality may take a real hit.

• betrayal

Here it is and I wholeheartedly agree.

• illinoislady

Just read another small article on 'what looks like issues for FG'. This was in reference to FG saying Kamala was mentally impaired and stupid. I do think FG may have found some article that was actually noting some of his problems and tried to project them onto Kamala.

At any rate, the author of the article went down quite a list of items that FG has confused and noted at one stop that was billed at a short one, FG skipped from subject to subject seemingly in-capable of depth on any of the subjects — and it was clear that he wasn't in good control of his thought patterns and responses at the time. NO focus really possible.

I'm wondering if the media (always trying to get a leg up) is going to begin to let on a bit more that FG is in a little mental trouble. They have had to 'agree' that he is now the OLD candidate and not too 'vibrant'.

I do think people are ready for something else. The nine years of FG's American carnage is old, worn out, used up, and was never true. As well, any who might have thought we might do okay with a 'businessman' as good president has surely cancelled that thought by now.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

Harris responds to GOP critics over not having biological children: "This is not the 1950s anymore"

By Kathryn Watson

Updated on: October 7, 2024 / 3:44 PM EDT

Vice President Kamala Harris declared Sen. JD Vance's comments about "childless cat ladies" to be "mean and mean spirited," and said recent comments by Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders about Harris not having biological children reveal that Sanders doesn't understand "a whole lot of women out here."

Harris, the Democratic nominee for president, addressed the Vance-prompted national discourse over whether women — and national leaders — have biological children on the popular "Call Her Daddy" podcast with host Alexandra Cooper, which posted Sunday. 

Cooper asked Harris what she makes of Vance's "childless cat ladies" comments — comments the Republican nominee for vice president has tried to explain, but from which he hasn't backed down. In 2021, Vance said the country was being run by "a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made, and so they want to make the rest of the country miserable, too." Since then, Vance has suggested that politicians without biological children don't have a stake in the nation's future.

"I just think it's mean and mean spirited," said Harris, who has two grown stepchildren. "And I think that most Americans want leaders who understand that the measure of their strength is not based on who you beat down. The real measure of a strength of a leader is based on who you lift up." 

Echoing Vance, Sanders last month also critiqued Harris for not having biological children. Sanders — who was White House press secretary under former President Donald Trump — said, "my kids keep me humble" and, "unfortunately, Kamala Harris doesn't have anything keeping her humble." Cooper, whose podcast has nearly 1 million subscribers on YouTube, asked Harris how that made her feel. 

"I don't think she understands that there are a whole lot of women out here who, one, are not aspiring to be humble," Harris said of Sanders. "Two, a whole lot of women out here who have a lot of love in their life, family in their life and children in their life. And I think it's really important for women to lift each other up. You know, I'll tell you Alex, one of the things that I have really enjoyed about where the discussion has gone, one of the places it's gone, we have our family by blood, and then we have our family by love. And I have both. And I consider it to be a real blessing. And I have two beautiful children, Cole and Ella, who call me Momala. We have a very modern family. My husband's ex-wife is a friend of mine, you know?"

"And also, I'll tell you, look, I'm a child of divorced parents," Harris continued. "And when I started dating Doug, my husband, I was very thoughtful and sensitive to making sure that until I knew that our relationship was something that was going to be real, I didn't want to—to form a relationship with the kids and then walk away from that relationship. I just, my own experience tells me that you know, children form attachments and you really want to be thoughtful about it. And so I waited to meet the kids. And they are my children. And I love those kids to death. And family comes in many forms, and I think that, increasingly, you know, all of us understand that this is not the 1950s anymore. Families come in all kinds of shapes and forms. And they're family nonetheless."

Harris said there are "so many forces that come in very different ways that are just trying to make people feel small and alone." 

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

I totally love Harris’s comments above. This is why I will vote for her, one of many reasons why. I love all her comments, but the one sentence I bolded where she says”there are a whole lot of women out here who, one, are not aspiring to be humble”.I love this because it is the friggin patriarchy that keeps shoving down women’s throats that we need to display a humble side to ourselves to be considered “women of worth”. And women like Sarah Sanders want to perpetuate this sterotype.

Why this means so much to me: I was raised Catholic and it was instilled in me to be a good little humble girl. And I don’t mind that at times, I am humbled. But I remember clearly one time discussing with my husband something that happened (I forget what), and I sincerely asked him, “Doesn’t that make you feel humble? Weren’t you humbled by that?” and my husband had NO CLUE what being humble meant. No frame of reference. It went completely over his head. He did not know what I was talking about. As a privileged white male, he was raised in an environment where being humble was NEVER required of him to be considered a good and decent person. And I remember telling my adult son about it later, and we laughed and laughed, because we admire this side of Mr.M! And so many men are like that. Unencumbered by so many of the societal restrictions placed on women.

So to hear Kamala Harris address Sanders in that way feels like the dawning of a new day where women can have all kinds of aspirations, not just the humble kind.

• betrayal

Huckabee Sanders is a brainless twit and her comments are a reflection of her Southern upbringing. If she needs to be humble for her children then she is raising them wrong.

As far as feeling humble, there are times when nature makes me feel humble when I am amazed by its grandeur; seeing creations such as Ephesus, the ice bergs in Antarctica, or Abu Simbel in Egypt were examples of humbling experiences. I have many of these moments. Do I have moments when people make me feel like I need to be humble? Not that I can honestly remember though I am sure there were times when others may have tried.

Good thing Kamala has a comeback for those who seek to degrade her. Her mother would be proud of her.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,576

I loved Kamala's entire statement & was especially struck by the fact that there are "so many forces that come in very different ways that are just trying to make people feel small and alone." This is what we are seeing on a daily basis from the right……which is so very, very discouraging to me.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249

I think what I love most about the way Kamala expresses herself is that she is clear and to the point but not uncivil or downright rude in those expressions.

• illinoislady

Lots of things have made me humble, but I don't think my kids ever did. I was for one thing very busy trying to hold a job (worked at night) while they were asleep so I would be there while they were awake. I don't think I had the help Ms. Huckabee likely did so she had a heck of a lot more time for humble than I did. I wouldn't trade a minute of my life so that settles that. Too bad I missed the humble that Huckabee said I should have.

It's bad enough that we have men dictating how we women should live but then have to put up with Huckabee giving us a downgrade if we don't have kids.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Hope he wipes all that egg off his face first.

• illinoislady

The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers, and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• illinoislady

Another weird bromance, eh?

• illinoislady

As to the above, I'm just gob-smacked that anyone is allowed to spread such blatant and harmful DIS-information as FG and those like 'Vance' who may back him up. I have read that as if FEMA didn't have enough on the plate, they have now had to begin an Internet page to dispel the DIS-information and rumors. If it is misinformation someone actually has some wrong information and doesn't realize it. DIS-information is VERY different — you know you are not telling the truth and you are doing it in this case for your own tortured ends — because you are in great fear of losing a campaign. All is not fair in love and war — especially when you endanger many, many others and hamper the people who are attempting to find and help those who are suffering weather disasters in this case.

So disgustingly inhumane. We/others continue to pay the price for the obnoxiousness of FG and those who willfully for their own gains did not do all they could to wipe him out of the political world when they should have.

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

Add Putin to the photo of FG and the lunatic Musk and you have the 3 stooges (not really fair to them because I did enjoy their slapstick comedy). Musk's mother is also a dangerous person. Think we should revoke their citizenship based on their interference in elections, misinformation and fomenting insurrection.

• illinoislady

Can I say how much I love your idea Betrayal.

• illinoislady

Of course, we all recall who was in the WH for this as well so no wonder the FBI didn't get charged with getting to the bottom of this yo-yo beer guzzler. Ok, sorry. I don't know if he guzzles beer, but I know that he is somewhere he never belonged which has aided and abetted the downgrading of our SC.

• illinoislady

Loon, losing it again because he did NOT interview with 60 Minutes:

@realDonaldTrump

The Interview on 60 Minutes with Comrade Kamala Harris is considered by many of those who reviewed it, the WORST Interview they have ever seen. She literally had no idea what she was talking about, and it was an embarrassment to our Country that a Major Party Candidate would be so completely inept. In addition, her Incompetence on “helping” people through the devastation of Hurricane Helene is being reviewed as, by far, the Worst in American History, even worse than Katrina - If that is possible! I can’t imagine anybody living in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, or Tennessee, voting for her. Pollsters are saying that the anti, or negative, Vote in those places, and even places not affected but with people watching what took place, will be heavily against her. This is good news because November 5th is the Most Important Day in the History of our Country, and we cannot bear four more years of Incompetence. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

This was what he posted about K. Harris and her interview. There was a pic of him I x-ed out because he is ugly and evil and therefore majorly hard to look at for me.

We never get to know who many of THOSE are who reviewed or saw the interview. HE says (as though he is the best judge of those things) that she had no idea what she was talking about —and my view is perhaps it was you who were lost, FG. The next statement is more of the same about embarrassment and ditto ineptness.

He just does not let up and sadly he gets a pass while once again its Democratic feet be held to the fire. VP Harris would not have been graced with apparent forgiveness had she 'skipped' her opportunity to be a part of 60 Minutes.

Please, let us be done with this abomination.

• illinoislady

Just as true now as the very first time it appeared here: