I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

1101810191020102110221024»

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,418

Interesting. Don't totally agree, but hmmm.

• illinoislady

Lock-step with the orange guy on this.

• illinoislady

The all-time winner of "I told you so" has got to be Hillary Clinton...

Most certainly and not enough people were listening and voting appropriately in EC states.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Stupid…

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,195

Love the Now Hiring meme. CA is the country’s largest agricultural producer and exporter, though folks are often surprised as they don’t think of CA as farm country. Down toward Watsonville, a bit south of Santa Cruz, is strawberry country. Watching people stooped over picking berries in all kinds of weather for pennies is almost heartbreaking . If we think food prices are high now, what do people think will happen to produce prices if all the agricultural workers were legal citizens who would need to be paid minimum wage, have health insurance and all the other perks of legal employment? How about all the vineyard workers in Napa? How much are we willing to pay for fruit, nuts and wine? And I have yet to see US citizens clamoring for those jobs 🤷🏻‍♀️

• illinoislady

As to California when I first moved there in the very early part of 72' there were so many Avacado and Orange groves and further north were huge vineyards. I also did some special work for a man who owned a fruit farm where he grew the sweetest red grapefruit I ever tasted. Sadly a great many of the orange groves are gone now. Housing and shopping centers needed.

I lived not far away from a lady who owned land she had leased out for a long, long time to an Orange farmer. She was forced to sell that land. She held out till the last possible minute but then was threatened that the land would be taken if she did not agree to a sale. She had a good lawyer but so did the State. So instead of the beautiful orange trees and the wonderful blossoms each year that dressed the trees, we got Town Houses.

• illinoislady

Divine, I had read something awhile back which indicated that there were a fair amt. of Reps. who were okay with Vance. Now I know exactly why. All in a days work for them it would seem. He can get them something they really, really want.

Now more than ever I'm hoping he and FG get squashed good.

I've been wondering about Mitch McConnell (not that he couldn't enjoy a lot of things from a distance) whose health has seemed a number of times to be a little precarious. I had hopes that he might in fact have to retire if the problems he waw undergoing looked like they might continue on. Does his term run till 2026.

I also thought at one time that it sounded like Moscow Mitch has lost a lot of stature with his group and couldn't get it together with them. Well, I will reread up on him, but for some time I've looked on the man as useless and totally troublesome as so many of the Reps. now are. There seem to be a small few who can still pull it together (thinking James Lankford here) when it seems really necessary but for the most part, they are a worthless bunch who work against you more than anything else.