Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

betrayal, that eye of the hurricane gop disinformation is a perfect visual. Last night dh was watching ABC news and they kept reporting on what FG was saying on all these different subjects. I mean, who’s ass is newsanchor David Muir kissing? The news does not ever have to report on FG. It is their choice so they do. Billionaires running the company are making sure they do. I told dh to turn the channel, because he can easily get sucked into the doom and gloom.

An interesting side note where I live. There are clusters of political signs on small triangle lots leading into the different small towns around here in the valley, and similar groupings out along the highway. The largest signs seem to be for county commissioners, some medium signs are for local levies to be passed. There’s always a Sherrod Brown sign and I don’t see any for his competitor (cant remember who he is). We’ve seen at least one small Harris/Walz sign in every patch of signs, and there’s usually one FG sign but its only about the same size as the Harris one. Sometimes there is no FG sign. This is in contrast to the last two elections where we were bombarded with the huge signs, truck rallies driving up and down all the streets in all the small towns, massive FG and “f.u. Brandon” flags, and Maga people dressed like lunatics lining up on sidewalks screaming at cars driving by. I’m not sure what to make of it all. Are the Magas lying low? Do they no longer feel the need to shove their crap down everyone’s throats? Are they too embarrassed to display their support? How many, if any, have decided enough is enough and plan either not to vote or will vote for Harris. There are a handful of houses in my town with big Maga stuff hanging out front, but not anything like before. And we’ve seen a handful more Harris/Walz sign than we thought we would.

• illinoislady

This is what I couldn't get to copy and paste yesterday. If you are all done with it and saw it by now my apologies:

Former President Donald Trump's campaign has demanded that the full transcript of Vice President Kamala Harris' recent 60 Minutes interview be released to the public, arguing that the original was "deceptively edited".

The interview, which saw Harris sit down with CBS correspondent Bill Whitaker on Monday, saw the Democratic nominee discuss her foreign policy stances for Ukraine and the Middle East, as well as her plans for the economy and for gun ownership regulations. The interview was edited, containing several cuts.

"She literally had no idea what she was talking about, and it was an embarrassment to our Country that a Major Party Candidate would be so completely inept. In addition, her Incompetence on "helping" people through the devastation of Hurricane Helene is being reviewed as, by far, the Worst in American History, even worse than Katrina - If that is possible!"

Democratic presidential nominee, U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris answers questions during a moderated conversation with members of the National Association of Black Journalists hosted by WHYY September 17, 2024 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Getty Images© Getty Images

The day after the interview, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign called for a full transcript of the interview to be released, stating that the version that aired to the public was "deceptively edited".

Trump Campaign Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told the New York Post: "On Sunday, 60 Minutes teased Kamala's highly-anticipated sit-down interview with this epic word salad that received significant criticism on social media.

"The American people deserve the full, unedited transcript from Kamala's sit-down interview. We call upon 60 Minutes and CBS to release it. What do they, and Kamala, have to hide?"

In a follow-up post on Truth Social, Trump accused CBS and the Harris campaign of violating campaign finance regulations.

Trump wrote: "I've never seen this before, but the producers of 60 Minutes sliced and diced ("cut and pasted") Lyin' Kamala's answers to questions, which were virtually incoherent, over and over again, some by as many as four times in a single sentence or thought, all in an effort, possibly illegal as part of the "News Division," which must be licensed, to make her look "more Presidential," or a least, better.

• illinoislady

Divine, I don't think I've seen as many signs around my town, but then I don't get around to as many places either. I've seen one larger Trump/Vance and one smaller one. I think I'll go over and see what my BIL may or may not have in his yard. He may have quit some of his 'sinage' since he is on a county board here for the last few years.

He and another BIL used to go get and put out loads of signs every yr. and election for Reps. I think age and other items have now cooled their jets quite a bit. I personally think ANY Reps. with half a brain cell would likely be inclined to not advertise for FG at this point in time and may in fact, not actually vote for him. A great many of the Reps. I know around here have always appeared by their actions to have a really strong moral/ethical underpinning and I feel like (not sure what they will really do about it) they could well choose not to vote for FG.

I still feel concern about the Reps who may bypass voting on a president while voting on the down ballot. I just so hope if they have enough moral/ethical fiber to leave FG behind that they would use hopefully just as much judgement about those who threw in with FG and stayed there. If FG is not seen as fit for office what would make his loyal enablers fit for theirs.

It is hard to determine what people really think but I agree it does seem so many of the Maga's have settled down. Even though they are in a cult, they do exist not in a complete 'cult' situation. They are out and about in the world at large — so I think at some point, when they might have a moment to think about it — they just may be thinking what they have gotten out of their long association from the FG. They have gotten the ability to give all the liberals a finger and endless solicitations from the FG to fund in whatever he is asking and he is always asking. They may not be the brightest cookies in the jar, but at some point, even they must get tired of being asked to share their funds. Also, I think it is more real to them since their hero lost last time and couldn't FIX the loss that here they are and may be no better off as such if there is another loss which is definitely easier to imagine.

Saw a couple of articles by the Daily Beast that I glanced at and as they tend to be more rt. than left ( Mick Mulvaney was the author) and you'd think for all the world FG had it all tied up. I just keep getting thoughts that sooo many on Reps. side could just decide to sit it out this time that VP Harris could landslide. When I hear much at all though (I've been trying not to focus too strongly on listening) I generally hear the polling has Harris and FG neck and neck or Harris ahead by may be one.

All interesting but the nail-biter is election day. Going to be interesting and terrifying all at the same time. I'd sure be happy if we knew the night of the election.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249
    edited October 9

I am happy to hear that signage for trump has diminished in some MAGA areas. I live in a huge Democratic bubble and can’t even remember the last time I saw any overt trump supporter. I don’t even know anyone who supports trump so it’s fascinating to learn about how different things are in other parts of the country. Yes, there are Republican pockets in CA (Orange County comes to mind) but I’m basically in a Harris/Walz echo chamber. I do have a Harris for President sign in one of my front windows and anticipate no problems.
    Our senate race is quite interesting. Adam Schiff, congressman, is running for Senator. His opponent? Former baseball star Steve Garvey. It doesn’t seem as if the election will go Garvey’s way. Young people have no idea who he is.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,843

On a home close to the beginning of our road is a rabid Trumper. He has Trump signs all over his lawn, a huge Trump banner on the second story of his McMansion and another oversized sign on his lawn which has a spotlight on it after dark. Need I say, he is a wealthy, concrete contractor?

A neighbor several doors down from the above moron has Harris-Walz signs and had one stating we won't go back which seems to have disappeared. Another home across the street from us has Trump signs as do a few at the other end of our road but signage is definitely down from what was displayed in 2020. So not sure if they are being secretive or had a change of heart since the ones who normally display their party affiliation, have not this time around. This county was once red but became blue in the past few elections and remains so.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,173
    edited October 9

I figured out how to make links live. It's not intuitive, and I have no idea why their coders chose to disable automatic linking options like they had before. Anyway…..

1 - Type or paste the link address

2 - Highlight the link address and click on the link icon. You might have to do this a couple of times to get it to respond.

3 - Type or paste the link address in the URL box in the floating window. You can change the display text if you want to.

4 - Press Enter to save the changes. If you click outside the floating window, it will not save the hyperlink.

When you save your comment, your link should work like a normal link is supposed to. I hope this helps!

• exbrnxgrl

Thanks, Miriandra! I have no problem making links live…except on bco. The mods are aware of this, and it even worked for a few days, but reverted back to not working. It used to be a very easy copy/paste but now nothing🤷🏻‍♀️. I can copy/paste text but not URLs and I only have this issue on bco.

• illinoislady

Sean Hannity Humiliates Himself After His False Hurricane Claims, Gets Fact-Checked By His Own Reporter

The news and opinion sides of Fox News collided again this week.

by Stephen Silver6 hours ago6 hours ago

The one-two punch of Hurricanes Helene and Milton, arriving just weeks before the presidential election, has set off a level of conspiracy-mongering that was practically unheard of in previous hurricane seasons.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has stated that “they” can control the weather, even doubling down when faced with criticism. One elected official in North Carolina, Rep. Chuck Edwards, went so far as to send a letter to his hurricane-battered constituents, combating the weather-related disinformation.

“Hurricane Helene was NOT geoengineered by the government to seize and access lithium deposits in Chimney Rock,’ Edwards wrote in the letter. “Nobody can control the weather.” He added, “FEMA is NOT stopping trucks or vehicles with donations, confiscating or seizing supplies, or turning away donations.”

The tension of whether to lie about the hurricane response for political gain or to help those efforts also manifested this week at Fox News.

There are sometimes occasions when Fox News’s news side conflicts with its opinion side, which frequently happened in the aftermath of the 2020 election. This happened again this week, with the hurricane, when Sean Hannity shared some talking points that weren’t true and was corrected by the network’s news side.

The video player is currently playing an ad.

“You have DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas saying FEMA is running out of money and going bankrupt,” Hannity said Tuesday on his show, as reported by The New Republic. “Bankrupt? This has not been a busy hurricane season. This happened to FEMA—FEMA directed more than $1 billion to pay for housing and food for Harris-Biden illegal immigrants.”

Unsurprisingly, none of that is true. Government agencies can’t really ever go “bankrupt,” and in situations where more aid is needed for disaster recovery, such additional aid is usually appropriated by Congress. That has not happened this year, nor has Secretary Mayorkas claimed that it has. The Secretary did say the agency’s funding was “dwindling,” but he did not use the word “bankrupt.”

Hannity ended up corrected by the news reporter on his own network, Chad Pergram, based on a fact sheet he obtained from the Republican-led House Appropriations Committee.

Per that fact sheet, the government “has enough funding in the short-term to address immediate needs for both Hurricane Helene and Hurricane Milton,” and that there is “no funding connection between” between FEMA-led immigration program and disaster relief.

FEMA’s website also published a debunking of the claim that “funding for FEMA disaster response was diverted to support international efforts or border related issues,” calling it false.

• illinoislady

He'd evaporate from lack of attention — not a bad deal at all.

• illinoislady

Hoping this works:

It is what FG was hoping you'd never see. Sometimes you just have to wonder. During campaigns and other things like that he can be a real open book more or less — so I have to think if he is trying his darndest to keep something from you, it must be pretty darn awful'

Tried hard to keep the Jack Smith new indictment pages from coming out as well since they spell out so many things he did. Many we did know, but we didn't know the more intimate details which are damning.

AuthorBalance of Powerhttps://www.theapprenticemovie.com/home/

THEAPPRENTICEMOVIE.COMThe Apprentice | Official Website | Exclusively in Theaters FridayThe Apprentice | Official Website | Exclusively in Theaters Friday

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited October 10

Wake up! They don't love America whatsoever. Their fake patriotism should offend all who truly love America. While the United States may not be perfect, it's the fact that we strive to make it more perfect. They hate any and all progress this country has made, which means they hate America. –mk

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

or mistresses, or daughters.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I think he has been contrary before about other things. I hope he does do the right thing.

• illinoislady

Ah, seems the music was fine while you didn't have to face any — guess it was getting a little too close with possible sour notes or maybe outright screeching. Who'd thought —someone else with a bully reaction.

• illinoislady

It's former guy to a tee. Probably cost him a whole lot less so he could scam and grift all the more.

• illinoislady

There is no physician like cheerful thought for dissipating the ills of the body; there is no comforter to compare with good will for dispersing the shadows of grief and sorrow. To live continually in thoughts of ill will, cynicism, suspicion, and envy, is to be confined in a self-made prison hole. But to think well of all, to be cheerful with all, to patiently learn to find the good in all—such unselfish thoughts are the very portals of happiness; and to dwell day by day in thoughts of peace toward every creature will bring abounding peace to their possessor.    -James Allen

• illinoislady

While bad it does sound like Milton was not as harsh as originally thought, but coming on the heels of Helene is still horrid. Keeping prayers going.

Also read this morning and admitting I had totally forgotten about it, how during the last weeks of 2022 a lg. amt. of junk polls came out and so many that a lot of people bought it. So, we started hearing about a huge red wave.

The wave disappeared and in its wake the Democrats did just fine. So, it seems there is the feeling the same exact thing may happen again. That is — a lot of junk polls and insinuations about how well off the Reps. are along with FG. When we have heard something on the more positive side it continues so far to be that FG and Harris are neck and neck. I am glad if that is the case, but I still find it strange that neither candidate seems able to make the slightest advance. This makes it easier for me to wonder about this 'polling' process.

Mainly due to the fact that most news seems to indicate that VP Harris is getting all the good endorsements. She is participating in plenty of events and campaign speeches including podcasts and interviews, and doing well with them. So, it seems a bit odd to me that the needle just doesn't move for either candidate in some states.

The point for me then remains to forget polls because they can be skewered to show what anyone Reps. or Dems, may want you to see. I think VP Harris is doing a little better than what we are hearing. Just keep having the feeling that we are not 'hearing it all' so that we don't allow complacency in. I hope that is right because I do get the nervous twinges now and then. FG sounds more demented than ever and I do think part of that is cold desperation. He's counting on Reps. help to cheat his way into the WH and if the idea makes him nervous, fine with me. He is way worse (he was horrid before) than he was, and I think way more people willing to say they are walking away and even voting for a Democrat over him. If he is concerned his Reps. enablers may not be able to pull him through and sweating buckets so be it.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 10

Here’s the attitude I’ve taken toward polling. I can’t control it or influence it in any way. I can only vote and I will without any regard to polling 😊. I also can’t control how polls effect others .