Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,576

@BarackObama Ethel Kennedy was a dear friend with a passion for justice, an irrepressible spirit, and a great sense of humor. She touched the lives of countless people around the world with her generosity and grace, and was an emblem of enduring faith and hope, even in the face of unimaginable grief. Michelle and I are thinking of the Kennedy family and all those who loved this extraordinary woman.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

Sad about Ethel Kennedy, but she lived a long life and was presented her medal by Pres. Obama for really continuing on Robert Kennedy's work. She, along with her SIL Jackie had tragedies in her life but stood tall and carried on. RIP Mrs. Kennedy.

• illinoislady

and widdle hands.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Not too late to make it one now.

• illinoislady

His rule is never apologizing —for anything and you really would have to be sorry which I doubt he ever is.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And people let him get away with the behavior barely batting an eye. FG and all his enablers are traitors.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

BREAKING: Kamala Harris racks up a huge win as The Atlantic formally endorses her for president, stating that she "believes in democracy" while "Trump is even more vicious and erratic than in the past."

And they were just getting started...

The prestigious publication wrote that Harris "doesn’t curry favor with dictators. She won’t abuse the power of the highest office in order to keep it. She believes in democracy."

"This year, Trump is even more vicious and erratic than in the past, and the ideas of his closest advisers are more extreme," the outlet went on.

Harris, they wrote, "respects the law and the Constitution. She believes in the freedom, equality, and dignity of all Americans."

Trump, on the other hand, is "one of the most personally malignant and politically dangerous candidates in American history."

The publication slammed him for becoming "the first American president to try to overturn an election and prevent the peaceful transfer of power."

"Trump is the sphinx who stands in the way of America entering a more hopeful future," The Atlantic added. “In Greek mythology, the sphinx killed every traveler who failed to answer her riddle, until Oedipus finally solved it, causing the monster’s demise.

"The answer to Trump lies in every American’s hands. Then he needs only to go away," they concluded.

• illinoislady

A bit of music to my ears on the above drop-in.

• illinoislady

This man knows, it's not always what you say, but what you do and from a President, nothing is wholly un-acceptable.

• illinoislady

What Democrats may not want to hear, but what they should know about the Trump-Harris race.

MSNBC's Jen Psaki and former President Donald Trump.

This is an adapted excerpt from the Oct. 10 episode of “Morning Joe.”

With less than 30 days to go until the election, someone recently asked me: “What’s the state of the race? And please, don’t tell me it’s close.” 

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is close. Even as we watch Donald Trump self-combust — with long, rambling, angry speeches — the layer below him is running a far more disciplined campaign.

Does that mean it’s going to be successful? I’m not suggesting that. All I’m suggesting is it shouldn’t be underestimated. Many of the things Team Trump are doing are gross, disgusting, false and misleading, but they are doing these things purposefully with the intention of causing division.

From my vantage point, the Trump campaign’s strategy seems to be this: They know that he has a low ceiling. He doesn’t have a massive group of voters he could pick up between now and Election Day. They’re not running a campaign with the intention of pulling more voters under the MAGA umbrella. 

Instead, they’re running a brutal, negative campaign to take down Vice President Kamala Harris. And, unfortunately in the world we’re living in and the level of misinformation and confusion out there, that kind of campaign can be effective. 

But, frankly, it’s not the worst thing for people out there to be a little freaked out that this election is going to be close. There are some troubling spots for Harris; Rep. Debbie Dingell has made it very clear how tight things feel in Michigan. Since entering the race, the vice president has made up a lot of ground but people should know and understand that there’s still a long way to go. 

So, for anyone who might be freaked out right now, you need to get off your couch and get involved. Now is the time. It could make all the difference.

• illinoislady

Jen Psaki is someone I've always trusted so despite my wondering about the closeness and if it really was that the polls have so often indicated I may have to eat some of my words. Having said that, I do take heart that she is saying just because things are 'looking' like they are and FG is behaving like he is does not mean that there will in fact be success on his part.

She is indicating that work is needed until the last minute to try and change and really stunt FG's ability to get very far. FG not trying for voters but causing brutal divisions. I think that is easier when you have instant communications, and I do note that we have outside interference from other countries so a lot to counter.

Worrisome, but VP Harris is so much more solid, truthful, respectful, humble, and I'm keeping all my hopes and dreams with her.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Sad when you have to re-locate away from a state you wanted to call home.

• illinoislady

Not re-sizing this amazing piece of work.

• illinoislady
    edited October 10

I loved Kroger at one time and there was even one right in the town where I lived when I was growing up. They have left now and are 20 miles away. I use to save a day to go to Kroger's from time to time. Not anymore — I'm done with them.

• illinoislady
    edited October 10

It's what Magats do.

• illinoislady

So what if people decide not to vote for you. I'm not.

• illinoislady

AKA: Quick change artist.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Whole Lot Of Shakin' Goin' On.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

It's truly insane that this drama is still going on. It shouldn't be. It's due to our rigged system and a corrupt Supreme Court, the conservative-owned corporate media, which has sanewashed this BS for over 9 years. And sadly, it's due to the toxic and polarizing effects of media like the one you are currently looking at. Then, we also have to factor in AI and the usual constant trolls as if we don't have enough to worry about. But this is perfectly clear: Nothing will get better if we allow Donald Trump to ever hold power over us again. Vote! 

• illinoislady

RIP

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Glad this is here. Now wondering (though he I think is generally thoroughly explanatory) if Woodward in his new book made sure to say all of this. I hope so.

Note: FG is already having a fit. No one much says his fits would not be necessary if he was a normal decent guy instead of an evil mental mess.

• illinoislady