Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    edited July 2020
    Options

I’m not sure how accurate Vanity Fair is on their reporting, but I’m posting this because it’s possibly true.

Story: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/trump-despondent-as-numbers-crater-loser-label-looms

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited July 2020
    Options

👍👍👍👍

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

I love that Trump can't come up with a slogan for his 2020 campaign. This campaign is not what he envisioned in January. He was anticipating adoration from his rallies, deliriously ignoring the coronavirus, believing his magical thinking would make it go away. I'm still loving that he was bested at the Oklahoma rally. His walk of shame afterwards was maybe him acknowledging Tik Tok saying in a game of chess: "check". The sound I would attach to that walk of shame video is air being let out of a big fat buffoon balloon. Yeah, maybe....maybe that might have been the turning point in all of this.

I'd be surprised if Trump resigned. It does seem like he's trying to lose. His heart ain't in it now that he can't rally his minions into frenzied adulation. He knows coronavirus is his campaign companion. Might be his kryptonite.

Biden, drawing on all his accumulated experience, must execute the Democratic campaign steadily and diligently, pulling out the stops like never before. Then, as an athlete does before the biggest competition of their life, he must peak at just the right time - beginning of November.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Biden surpasses Trump in June fundraising

By Michael Finnegan L.A.Times Staff Writer

Joe Biden reported raising $10 million more than President Trump last month amid new polls showing the former vice president holding a solid lead in the race for the White House.

The increasingly strong footing of Trump's presumed Democratic challenger comes at a time when most Americans disapprove of the president's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the nationwide protests over racial injustice and police brutality, polls show.

Biden and the Democratic National Committee reported raising $141 million in June, surpassing the $131 million in donations to Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee.

For April, May and June combined, Biden also eclipsed Trump, collecting $282 million with the DNC as the president and the RNC took in $266 million.

"It's clear that voters are looking for steady leadership, experience, empathy, compassion, and character — and they'll find all of these qualities in Vice President Joe Biden," Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon told supporters in an email.

Biden's campaign did not disclose how much cash it had on hand, so it's unclear whether it has overcome its previously strong disadvantage on that score. Trump and the RNC reported $295 million in the bank at the end of June.

"No one is excited about Joe Biden, which is why he has to rely so heavily on surrogates like Barack Obama and radical Hollywood elites," Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale said. "In stark contrast, President Trump is tapping into support from real Americans all across the country who have reaped the benefits of his America First agenda."

Trump far outspent Biden on television advertising in presidential battleground states from May 11 to June 28, according to a report released Thursday by the nonpartisan Wesleyan Media Project. Trump spots ran about 50,000 times, and Biden ads aired around 3,100 times.

Biden benefited from ads by outside groups, but nowhere near as much as Trump did. Pro-Biden groups ran ads about 23,000 times, while spots by pro-Trump groups ran almost three times as often, according to Wesleyan.

For both sides, the main battlegrounds were Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Despite Trump's advertising onslaught, polls continue to show his campaign facing deep trouble. Just 41% of voters approve of Trump's job performance, and 56% disapprove, according to an aggregate of polls by the website FiveThirtyEight. More than 68% of voters believe America is on the wrong track, according to RealClearPolitics.

A Monmouth University national poll released Thursday found that voters favor Biden over Trump, 53% to 41%.

In a sign that Trump's portrayal of Biden as senile has not succeeded, the survey found 52% of voters believe the former vice president has the mental and physical stamina to carry out the job of president, but just 45% say the same thing about Trump. Biden, 77, is three years older than Trump

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Democratic ad makers think they've discovered Trump's soft spot

After more than a year of polling, focus groups and message testing against the president, there's a growing consensus about what damages Trump — and what doesn't.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/02/democrats-ads-trump-341903

From the article: And Biden's campaign itself began working this month to define the former vice president — and Trump — for a general election audience, releasing two ads as part of a $15 million buy, his first major advertising offensive of the general election campaign.

Just as the outside Democratic groups did, Biden's campaign tested those ads with online panels, finding versions that used Biden's own voice performed "dramatically stronger" than those using a professional narrator, the Biden campaign's Bonsignore said.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

I will see you all on the other side of the holiday. Love all the posts, comments, articles, memes and perspectives.. Leaving with little bit of 4th of July humor:

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Moderators, thank you so much for allowing us this space to gather and share our views with other likeminded members. I truly appreciate it. Happy 4th!

- Camille

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Me 3 years ago

images

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    edited July 2020
    Options

Camille,

I got a good chuckle out of the knock knock joke meme!

Caryn

**Just saw the pic. You look great and ready to celebrate. I’m afraid I live in an area that has been experiencing a problem which has effected many areas of the US, illegal fireworks 🧨. On many, many nights since Memorial Day it sounds like a war zone in my neighborhood. My older dd lives nearby and reports the same. Younger dd lives in a less urban area but says it’s quite bad even there. Well, at least I’m still alive and kicking to complain about it

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited July 2020
    Options

Here, fireworks are legal. They will start popping tomorrow and will continue for several days. Thank goodness we just had a hard rain and everything is nice and green. Very little chance of fire in this area.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,271
    edited July 2020
    Options

We have nightly illegal fireworks (not the pretty kind but the cherry bombs & M-80s) well into the night, sometimes as late as 3 am. Every major city--including Boston & NYC too--is experiencing the same thing. The combination of boredom (no live entertainment available) and ready cash freed up by not spending money on travel or expenses incidental to working outside the home--plus the legal sales just over the IN & WI state lines--is a recipe for "Hey, wanna blow up sh*t? Here, hold my beer." Good thing I wear earplugs, Bob is a sound sleeper, and my cats aren't easily spooked.

Camille, you look mah-velous!

Chicago just now followed NY/NJ/CT's lead by requiring visitors (and those returning) from coronavirus-surge states to quarantine 14 days upon arrival, starting this Mon. No idea how they'll enforce that, especially since gov't & essential workers are exempt. Actually, the city's case curve is flat, but much of the rest of IL's (incl. surrounding Cook County suburbs) is rising again. Mayor Lightfoot is officially--as of now--discontinuing "educating" business owners about safety requirements and issuing warnings, but instead issuing citations with fines up to $10K, and revoking licenses.

• chisandy
    edited July 2020
    Options

NYTimes' Thomas Friedman wrote an op-ed suggesting the perfect Biden slogan & bumper sticker:

"Respect science. Respect nature. Respect each other. BIDEN 2020." (I can see the T-shirt too, but otherwise the slogan is gonna have to drop the second & third "respects" in favor of first a comma and then an ampersand. Otherwise, with a typeface large enough to be legible, the bumper sticker would have to be a wraparound)!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited July 2020
    Options

Just saw where the RNC and doofus May cancel the convention in Jacksonville to avoid more humiliation like Tulsa. Jax didn’t want it anyway, Florida is a hot spot again, I hope it is cancelled.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited July 2020
    Options

saw the phrase, ridin' with biden. And why the hell is cnn airing trump ads? It's so obvious they took short clips to create this he's not fit shit!

• chisandy
    edited July 2020
    Options

Same reason MSNBC is airing them: ad revenue.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,965
    edited July 2020
    Options

Great pictures, memes, and thoughts!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited July 2020
    Options

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yep.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

He falls into all higher risk categories. Oh, well.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yea, well I am praying alright....not going to say which way......

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

Tempting fate is not always a smart move....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,262
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot If you picked a random person from the general population and made them President of the United States, the odds against them doing a worse job than Donald Trump are astronomical.'

I figure since anyone else would likely have a brain capable of knowing and accepting that they need a lot of help, the above could almost be true. Trump has never it seems had much of a working brain, so he is un-aware of just how faulty his is almost 100% of the time.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

This would work:

Image may contain: text that says '白 To accommodate ANTI-MASKERS, we have provided aspace 40 feet west where you can stare at your reflection in the window since apparently you're the only person you care about.'

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

Did he tweet this before or after getting his test results?

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Lincoln Project strikes again:

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! The Lincoln Project @ProjectLincoln You were already hired to make America great. And you failed. You need a new slogan, sweetie. CALL TO ACTIVISM'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

There is no one else so stupid, selfish, shameless, and beholden to Putin, so anyone else would do a better job.