Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,448
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,171
    Options

exbrnxgrl, I understand your discouragement on the shape of our country. I feel the same way. You raise valid points about what kind of violence extremists will cause by not accepting election results if President Biden is reelected. Should the election go the other way, it is said the U.S. will no longer be a democracy. Too many people seem complacent about that. It reminds me of how many people thought that a pandemic lock down would last only two weeks and life would return to normal. Too many people have no clue about what is truly at stake this election. To keep from getting more discouraged, I steer clear of most orange Loon headlines. I sometimes check out The Lincoln Project and a few other pro President Biden sites on social media, and sometimes watch Stephen Colbert’s opening monolog. I am not sure how the election will go. Too many factors still in play. The heat will ramp up after Labor Day. I wish I could offer more hope but I don’t know what will happen.

President Biden set his terms for the debates: to be held inside a TV studio with no audience. Firm time limits for answers and alternating turns to speak "so that the time is evenly divided and we have an exchange of views, not a spectacle of mutual interruption." Candidates would take turns answering questions from an agreed-upon moderator from a major news network, and the non-speaking candidate's microphone would be deactivated. Also, the candidate would have a set time to answer the question and his microphones would automatically cut off when the speaker’s time is up.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

Bravo, William Golding. There is a man who understood women and admired them.

Loved the Tootie and the Blowfish meme, LMAO over that one. He is one butt ugly guy and she is no beauty either. She once was very attractive until she started with the plastic surgery. It is named appropriately because you look plastic after the surgery and not in a pretty way.

Thanks for the laughs and the photos of the Congressional deplorables. I hope they become cellmates.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,179
    Options

I also am glad about the debate format, no crowd to pander to, time limits with mics cut off if the time is exceeded etc. too bad that someone in their 70s has to have kindergarten rules put in place to try to make him behave like an adult!

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,624
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options

If he is an STD, it has to be syphilis because stage 3 or tertiary causes permanent brain damage. It effects ability to walk, exhibit dementia or confusion and perhaps inability to hold a glass of water with one hand (joke).

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,975
    edited May 16
    Options

I live in San Jose now, but lived in SF when Newsom was mayor and Kimberly G. looked like a real person. I haven’t got the foggiest idea of why she would want to transform herself that way. I remember that she had a really sweet looking face. HAD is the operative word 😂

• betrayal
    Options

For those old enough to remember, she now looks like a female version of Joe E. Brown. If you don't look at old movies, google the name.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

exbrnxgrl I could have written your post on pg 864. I have let it all go. The election will be a f*** fest no matter who wins. It does no good to wonder how this happened or why. It is out of our hands and no amount of memes can make up for the loss of words over how people have shown their real, greedy, shameless, selves and all we can do about it is vote.

America has a cancer! We all know cancer, so I choose to react to it the same way I did to having cancer, do what I can and let the rest go!

I am glad this forum is available, but honestly, it doesn't do anything for my feelings. One can only make fun of Trump so much and no amount of memes ever changes reality! I don't have faith in government, or religion, but I do have faith in people. Those who are not screaming at the top of their lungs right now are the smart ones! They are busy with their lives and they already know who they will vote for in the fall. If you believe in democracy, you have to agree with the rights of the majority. Currently, our Presidential votes are not majority rules due to the EC. I don't see anyone fighting to do away with that antiquated idea. Our Senators/Congressmen/tax collectors etc, etc, are all elected by majority rule, but not President of the country! Therein lies the problem.

My advice, spend less time thinking about November and more time living in the moment! Treat each day as if it is the last day of your life! Who knows if any of us will still be alive in November? Would you really want to spend your last days in a dither over the November election, which IMO sucks no matter who is elected! To me it is another "vote for the best of the worst" for President! I don't find any consolation in voting for a man who IS too old to be President, yet that is where I am at. Won't change in November, can't do anything else but vote, so I'm not worrying about it! Been there, done that.

• illinoislady
    Options

This morning take a few minutes to reflect on how you give of
    yourself to the world.  Often we get caught up in the frenzy
    of buying and giving things.
       Look at the ways you give appreciation, friendship, energy,
    time, love, and affection, and give of your own special talents
    and abilities throughout the year.  Acknowledge yourself for
    having enriched the lives of others.  Spend some time loving
    yourself for the giving light that you are.

Shakti Gawain

• ruthbru
    Options

*here is a rather lovely response by the nuns…..

• illinoislady
    Options

I guess I still need my memes. Sometimes they are just funny, but for me they help relieve so many of my feelings. Not only about the election, though a lot of it is, but as well the horror I've continued to feel about the fellow countrymen who have been such a surprise to me. So many who seemed to have so easily adopted the Trump cult mentality. So many who have chosen it would seem not to think for themselves and to lazily go along to get along. So many so easily duped and who now so easily believe the conspiracies.

It is a problem as for some time we have not had TWO real parties. We have had one party so greedy for money and power they have abdicated everything and given almost total allegiance to a con artist who is now in the hopeless throes of dementia and still they gather around.

I do agree that Pres Biden is old and subject to many issues just due to age alone which makes things dicey. I do hope while we will likely have issues to overcome with this election that if there is a will there will be a way. If you give up and become complacent you have in my book adopted a losing attitude because you don't allow light to come in anywhere. I cannot let the light go out where I am. I think of all who have fought for so long and I am not willing to let them or that of those no longer here down by saying I've lost faith in them and what they stood for. Not while I have breath. I don't know how any of it will turn out, but for me there is no way I'm giving in or giving up. Democrats are problem solvers. I am a Democrat. If there is a problem somewhere there is an answer.

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,624
    edited May 17
    Options

As a product of 16 years of Catholic education, I am glad to see that the nuns responded to Butker’s address. Although it has been MANY years since I graduated, I believe that Butker would have been boo’d off the stage.

I’m firmly in your camp, Illinois. We’ve got to continue to fight the good fight!

• ruthbru
    Options

Also interesting.....

• ruthbru
    edited May 17
    Options

Being in a Red State, I definitely need a place to both vent & laugh.

I do really care about our country, not so much for myself; but for my son, any grandchildren I might have, and all the kids I have taught over the years & their future.

I don't think this election is merely about 'two old guys', I think Democracy itself is at stake; so it's a big deal whether I'm alive or not! (I do spend most of my time offline doing fun, interesting, sometimes even worthwhile things , so it's definitely not the only thing on my mind 🙂).

• betrayal
    edited May 17
    Options

Ruth it is nice that you can use this forum to escape the "red state" hypocrisy. You have contributed some great memes and stories.

It is democracy that is at stake and that should be the focus of your vote, not the age of the man nor things that he represents that you do not agree with. If you are taking issue with those differences do you also do so with your spouse? Let's face it none of us are perfect and in marriage we accept each other warts and all, fully aware that we are also different and have differences of opinion. Somehow we make it work.

I try to look at the big picture of what they represent and ignore the non-perfect items. So to me Biden represents democracy and a focus on doing what is best for the people. I may not be thrilled with his stance on Israel-Hamas but I will not let that deter my vote for him.

Trump represents chaos, lying, bigotry, chauvinism, misogyny, and everything that defines a despicable human being. He wants autocracy and I will do everything in my power to ensure he doesn't get it.

I am so tired of people saying the economy was better under him and would like to remind people that if they had more money it was because they were unable to buy groceries, diapers, toilet paper, household cleaners, hand disinfectant, etc because they were not available and when they became available there was corporate greed via increased prices for these products. So much short term memory loss in his followers.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,171
    edited May 17
    Options

The upcoming election is much more serious than memes, but I love the memes because who doesn’t like a good laugh at the Donald’s expense! Lol! The memes help me know that there are others who see things as I do, and that’s a huge help as I live in the red state of Ohio.

I like President Biden, and support many of the things Democrats stand for. So my vote for President Biden is a vote for democracy, and I do not agree that it will suck no matter who wins the election. I’m not voting for President Biden as some kind of consolation prize. He’s been doing so much good for the country. I want him to continue.

I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in 2011. I’ve had some of the best times of my life since the diagnosis, not because of mbc but in spite of it. So I’ve been living in the present moment for quite some time now. Still, it does not stop me from concerning myself with the future of our country.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I too enjoy a good laugh at a meme, and love the ones posted here. Yes, this is about saving our Democracy, but tell me, what are you all DOING to save our democracy other than vote?

Ruth, I loved what you shared about Butker's mom!

• illinoislady
    edited May 17
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady