Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211

And so hard to know there are so many "thoughtless" Reps.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Sweet, delicious irony.

• illinoislady

He seems to look this way often — like there is a vacancy upstairs where SOMETHING like brain cells should be.

• illinoislady

Truest thing about you there is.

• illinoislady

They know where they really belong.

• illinoislady

K. McCarthy has been after Gaetz since Gaetz had him removed from his job — both belong on a speeding train to hell if there were such a thing.

• illinoislady

And nothing has changed.

• illinoislady

Jailhouse on the Rocks

Sewer Slider

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Sorryn illinois, I hate to say it, but I HATE that any single cause gets a whole month dedicated to it! When was a day not enough? Oh yeah, when they have to fundraise! BTW, Hallmark promoted Holidays in order to sell cards!

I am NOT a Republican and wasn't aware that the whole month of May was dedicated to Veterans, even though I have a whole family full of Veterans including my DH, BILs and DF, cousins, aunts, uncles! I have ancestors who fought in EVERY American war starting with the Revolutionary War. So NO, B.T.C., not everyone who didn't know the entire month of May was dedicated to veterans doesn't respect Veterans! I have always been so very thankful for the dedication all service men and women have given, regardless of what political party they belong to.

If DCDraino is MAGA, the bigger question is why does he support a person who called service men and women who died or were injured in war losers? I will NEVER forgive Trump for his insulting words about Veterans and POW's!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

mavericksmom, many of us wonder how some servicemen and their families can still support Trump after his insults to Veterans and POWs.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

I also am aghast that any military member or family can support trump. However, I think those who are followers of Michael Flynn and his equally dangerous son, represent an entirely different view of the military (i.e. over throw current government, put in military backed dictatorship) and have sought to “recruit” supporters from the current military ranks. Even if trump disappeared today, Flynn and his kind will still be here and that is what really frightens me. They would seem to have no qualms about fomenting violence and destroying our democracy to get their way.

I have no objection to a month long celebration of things. It provides many educational opportunities and gives people a historical perspective. Think of October and bc awareness month (not my fave). One day, one tiny day , is dedicated to mbc, the only type of bc that is terminal! The other 29 days encourage people to wear pink , so cute and fun 🙄, and likely a big contributor to the myth that breast cancer is no big deal and people no longer die from it.

• illinoislady

I'm okay with a full month devoted to things, but I too feel great upset that it seems so easy now to disrespect the military and that a number of the military people themselves are doing so. Since we don't have a draft and it is a personal choice I understand it even less. Too bad we can't deport people like Mike Flynn. I know it could never happen here, but I dream of putting people like him on an Island all their own and then let them govern each other the way that they want.

You are so frighteningly right exbrnxgrl. No matter how long Trump is gone from tomorrow on, we are not rid of people like Flynn. It has amazed me that we have people who can still be for Trump, even now. I'm not sure how far in the sand my head must have been to have missed this as badly as I did. Surely there is some sort of answer — we all need to be able to disagree, but how do we tell a little easier that some are over the top to the point of hoping to establish a dictatorship.

It is sometimes a scary world.

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,916

Ruth, your post sums up my sentiments exactly. The constant lying from that whole party makes me crazy. I’m trying to remain hopeful that the upcoming election will have positive results, but even so, I’m not sure we will ever have a reasonable two party system again once Trump is dead and gone. We can’t afford to give up the good fight, but right now I can barely stand to turn on the news.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited June 3

For those caught in a doom loop, like me, this video provides hope. I know some of you follow Heather Cix Richardson, an author, historian, and professor at Boston College.
    Oops, forgot I can no longer post links on bco. Don’t know why, mods couldn’t figure it out either.

Google Politics Chat, May 28, 2024 , Heather Cox Richardson. It’s definitely worth a listen.

• illinoislady

Divine and I get her blog entries as well as several of the ladies here. I don't know that it has reached my email yet. I'll check later and if no one else has dropped in it I will.

• divinemrsm
    edited June 4
  • divinemrsm
  • mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,916

Thanks for those Divine. I really needed them today!

• illinoislady

Totally hilarious — love them.

• illinoislady

Yes, you would.

• illinoislady

You can say that again, but there are not enough of them with red faces.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Wikipedia too.

• illinoislady

There's dumb and then there's my God your all dumber than buckets of mud.