Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

I hovered over the last meme, but really, being honest when you know something will come out sets you free. Fact is, sounds like no one from the other side has this or anything much else ready. So, in the end, I consider it just another great aspect of who Gov. Walz was, is and continues to be — a truthful, honest guy who made a mistake, cleaned it up quite well and continues on to this day.

I hope I will be putting VP in front of your name after November. You are most certainly a huge credit to the human race.

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

Boy, you're on a roll today, Jackie. Great memes.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

He's not only a 'cat lady' but he also has a rescue dog named Scout.

Both of his children were conceived through IVF, so he understands reproductive issues better than most.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Oh my gosh, Ruth. Both is kids conceived through IVF. You can’t ask for a more understanding candidate than that on the issue!

• ruthbru

As a teacher who sometimes had lunchroom duty, I can tell you this is true (although for a women supervisor, it's more that you pull out your hair!).

• ruthbru

Love this !

• ruthbru

Love this too!

• illinoislady

Not looking for memes tonight. Unfortunately, I had a lot to do this afternoon and evening and wasn't able to listen to Harris and Walz. I hear someone describe the speeches as raucous. Great speeches, lots of info, but kept light-hearted while calling out the other side, along with a few jokes and there was intense clapping (raucous) several times.

Not sure how the other side is taking it but based on some of the earlier critiques they spewed forth with, I'd venture to guess not well at all.

I read a piece today where FG was really upset in having followed VP Harris to the same Atlanta school arena. The article supposed that the idea was to have a lot more people than VP, but that didn't happen. She had no empty seats and he sure did.

So his only other venture out was to Minnesota. It is not a key state and red so he apparently went there to be safe and to be able to hide while he has a rally. VP Harris is barn-storming all over and FG is mainly hiding. I'm sure he won't be following Harris and Walz now for sure.

• ruthbru

I just watched the Harris/Walz speeches on utube. Really, really good! Raucous & joyful!

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

I read up on the Philly rally and specifically turned on the morning network news today (something I rarely do) to catch the highlights. They did not disappoint! What I love is all this excitement and we’re still building up to the Democratic National Convention later this month!

In addition to fabulous speeches by Harris and Walz, PA Gov. Josh Shapiro gave a rousing introduction speech:

The site of Philadelphia as the first in a series of battleground stops this week for the Harris-Walz ticket made for what could have been an awkward moment with Shapiro introducing the new duo. But Shapiro instead made an impassioned case for Harris and Walz and sought to make clear he will work to deliver Harris Pennsylvania and its 19 electoral votes.

"I’m going to be working my tail off to make sure we make Kamala Harris and Tim Walz the next leaders of the United States of America,” Shapiro said, praising Walz's now-famous attack line.

“Tim Walz in his beautiful Midwestern, plain spoken way, he summed up J.D. Vance the best: He’s a weirdo,” Shapiro said, prompting the crowd to shout back, "He's a weirdo!"

• divinemrsm

A couple weeks ago I came across an article written by Michael Moore. In it, I thought he made some well thought out points about strategies to use to help Harris win the election, so I signed up for his newsletter. His latest article is about Kamala’s VP pick (spoiler alert: he thinks Walz was the perfect choice). It’s a good read.

• illinoislady

Today we are faced with the preeminent fact that, if civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships. . . the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world, at peace.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

• illinoislady

Be back a bit later to comment and likely add some memes. See you soon. Also need to read your Michael Moore article Divine.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Yes, I do wonder how does Trump like him now, Divine. When the Loon sees this how much ketchup will get wasted, I wonder.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady