Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

Most may have seen it, but this is the kind of thing that shows up in the Loon's Truth Social:

“What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE,” the post read. “He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!”

TFG is really upset that our campaign can pull in so much funding and that we are getting I'm sure what seems to him way too much air-time. His people have spent so much hand-holding time on him it is amazing and he and they ALL thought they were skating into the winner's circle after their convention. They were making plans and jovial and ready to get the champaign on ice.

Then Pres. Biden moved over and let Harris take over. Hasn't been the same since and really I think we have only just begun.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Looks like someone posted some spam or garbage. I reported it. Needs removed.

TFG seems to be trying to generate headlines with his claim that Biden will use the DNC to reclaim the Democratic nomination. The idea is simply ludicrous any way you think about it.

What’s with Vance making campaign stops behind Harris/Walz in every city they go to? Creepy. ABC news reported it as: Vance is “opting to hold smaller campaign events instead of rallies.” Surely that approach has to be because he cannot compete with the size rallies Harris is drawing. And where’s TFG been?

I watched an Instagram video of a young woman who said Tim Walz is seen as a father figure to many young women who’ve “lost” their own fathers to the Trump cult. I’ve read many of these women’s stories over the past few years. Their dads will not vote to save their daughters’ rights. These dads cannot, will not ever bring themselves to vote for a woman. They love their daughters but only to the extent that their daughters fit a certain outdated mode of femininity. These dads have embraced Trumpism in all its hideous forms. These young women see in Walz the kind of dad they wish theirs was like, and what kinds of possibilities could open up for women when men like Walz govern with an open mind.

• divinemrsm

Also wanted to mention the book tied to Project 2025, “Dawn’s Early Light” which was scheduled for release in September is now delayed until after the election. Apparently the forward written by Vance was leaked, tho I haven’t read it. I heard that Project 2025 is trying to operate under a new name, but I can’t find the reference this morning. It all remains a big threat to our country, regardless of its name or when the book is published.

• divinemrsm
    edited August 8

I just finished reading HRC’s newsletter, and see she mentioned a lot of the stuff I did here, lol! Apparently, some people got advanced copies of the Project 2025 book and excerpts of it are being posted online.

I read some comments to HRC’s newsletter, and especially liked this one regarding Vance’s attack on Walz’s military record. Other commenters agreed with this:

Heather, you do great work, but I’m gonna drop in as a military advisor here if you don’t mind. This stolen valor thing is ridiculous. One, this insults the National Guard, the people who rescue us all the time. I’m a Floridian and I particularly appreciate them. Second people have served in the National Guard in including current people and veterans in the millions, people are related to national guardsmen. Everyone knows how the National Guard suffered during our endless wars of the 21st century. Do people realize that some of the hardest fighting units in American history through World War I and WWII were national guard units? Finally, I am a veteran. All veterans know a command sergeant major is the pinnacle of an enlisted person‘s career and it’s only given to someone who is really really good. This person is a soldiers’ soldier. He, or she gets the position because they are known as someone who is respected honored and takes care of their people. If you showed me a general and a command sergeant major, there is a little doubt who I would respect more. The command, sergeant major. I guarantee most veterans would agree. This is more of the usual stupid appeal to our base by throwing them some stupid mindless red meat. But it’s gonna do real damage because it’s a ridiculously insulting attack on citizen soldiers, the backbone of our nation

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

*in case anyone is stupid enough to say something about it to you.

• divinemrsm

I found an article giving more detail about the video I mentioned on young women who see Walz as a stand-in dad to the ones they lost to Trumpism. Great read. I hope it all translates into massive voter turn out for Dems.

For Some Women, Tim Walz Is the Dad That Fox News Stole From Them

"I’m calling us alt-right orphan Annies,” Pamela Wurst Vetrini told Jezebel. Her TikTok about Walz being the dad “a lot of liberal women lost” to Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump amassed 2.3 million views in just 24 hours.

Among the clamor of excitement surrounding Kamala Harris’ vice presidential pick, Tim Walz, is a group of people decidedly more sentimental about the decision. They aren’t upset that she chose the Minnesotan Governor…it’s just the opposite. For a handful of folks (so far, mainly white, millennial-aged women) Walz is more than an affable and plain-spoken Midwestern governor—he’s a stand-in for the dads they’ve lost to the increasingly radical right.

“A lot of us [liberal women] had moderate to conservative, educated, sensible fathers that we lost to Rush Limbaugh…to Fox News…to Donald Trump,” TikTok user Pamela Wurst Vetrini says in a video that’s amassed over 2.3 million views in just 24 hours. Her video also amassed thousands of comments from people sharing their experiences of “losing” their dads to fringe beliefs, with one commenter joking that they’ll all be “trauma voting” for Harris and Walz this November. 

“I’m calling us alt-right orphan Annies,” Vetrini tells Jezebel over a phone call on Wednesday. A majority of the commenters are “millennial women who lost touch with their father like me” Vetrini says, but noted, “a lot of men were relating to the same situation.” Some commenters also mentioned divorcing their husbands or losing their moms over similar tensions.

“The cult of conservatism has driven a wedge between millennial women and their fathers,” Vetrini continues in her viral video, adding how Walz “represents all of those qualities that were stripped away from my normal father by this cult and it makes me sad.” Genial, good-humored, and dripping with an aura of common sense, Walz does give off cartoonish levels of sitcom dad.

Vetrini doubts her own father, who lives in South Georgia and with whom she is seldom in touch, has seen the video. Her sister, however, (obviously) deeply related to it and jokingly told her, “If [this TikTok] gets you free tickets to the inauguration of the first female president, I would like to claim those tickets.” 

This intense response to Walz is pretty parasocial, and I’m sure psychoanalysts could have a field day with it. But it does feel notable just how many people are grieving the loss of someone to “the cult of conservatism.” While the Harris team chose Walz, in part, for his ability to reach men who’ve been lost to the conspiratorial cable news schools of thought, I doubt they anticipated the deep chord he’d strike with their children, family members, or ex-wives.

In another TikTok, Dr. Emily Rath explains through tears (and occasionally heavy sobs) that she feels like “Tim [Walz] is who my dad used to be.” Rath, who identifies as queer, says how difficult and strained her relationship with her father has become due to his staunch conservatism. “I lost him in the rise of conservative white nationalist Christianity,” she says. “I miss him, I feel like he’s dead.”

Another TikTok user, Nikki Winner from Southwest Ohio, who also made a videosharing this sentiment, told Jezebel in an email that “it’s refreshing to see a Boomer dad type who is both lovable and loving…this is what we wish for our own dads rather than the conspiracy theories, fear of LGBTQ+ people, and a ‘send them back’ mentality towards immigrants.” 

As for what exactly Walz projects that fills the void these ideologically absent fathers have left, Vetrini says it’s that “the support he offers women is uncomplicated, it’s steadfast, and it takes a backseat.” Not so coincidentally, those are some of the exact reasons Harris chose Walz. “He had a very clear understanding that it was to be a partner, to support the president, go out and connect with America and be that governing partner,” Cedric Richmond, a Biden White House adviser involved in the selection process, told CNN. 

We’re still three months away from seeing if any of this will ultimately translate to voter turnout. So far, Harris’ two-week-long presidential campaign has subsisted mainly on good vibes and the sheer shock that Democrats have pulled off this late-in-the-game lineup change. The campaign has yet to publicize any concrete policy platforms, although it’s probably safe to assume that they’ll closely resemble President Biden’s. But the conventional wisdom that a VP pick ought to “do no harm” can be roughly translated into modern lingo as, “doesn’t kill the vibe.” The outpouring of enthusiasm for Walz and this idea of him as a surrogate father figure to a generation whose dads had their brains warped by Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson is clearly upholding that. 

“I would love to be neighbors with Tim Walz, to chat with him on the sidewalk,” Vetrini said. “I do not want to ever run into Donald Trump in real life.”

• illinoislady

A little friendship, a little sympathy, a little sociability, a little human toil. . . is needed in every nook and corner.  Therefore, search and see if there is not some place where you may invest your humanity.

Albert Schweitzer

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Walz is just the most reassuring person. I look at him and feel everything will be all right.
    Also, does TFG stand for the fat guy? I know who it refers to

• divinemrsm
    edited August 8

TFG - the former guy

I get sick of hearing his last name and saw someone referring to him as TFG or just FG and decided to start using it,

• illinoislady

Divine you article was fantastic to read. I can see (not that I hadn't noticed for sure) why there is such enthusiasm going for Walz. My mom was a Democrat and my dad a Republican. Back in my younger years it never 'caused' me to feel forlorn about either of my parents. Ultimately, I did register as a Democrat, knowing then I'd vote for the person I felt best — no matter which party. To feel that you can't have a respectful relationship with a parent because they have become extreme with their political choices is something that sounds so empty and lonely. To feel understood and valued by VP candidate Walz is obviously priceless. It is early, but I can't help but believe these ladies referenced in the article have not misplaced their feelings with someone who is the personification of what they have been missing for a long time. They know what they have lost and want back and where they can find it.

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

My oldest daughter, who's 45, said Tim Walz gives off some serious Care Bear vibes. It's a huge plus for her age group.

Regarding the young women who lost their Dads to radical conservativism, a lot of young people lost their grandparents to it as well. My youngest daughter did.

She's the only child of my second marriage, and is the oldest grandchild on her dad's side of the family. She used to spend a couple of weeks in Arizona with her grandparents every summer. When she was fourteen she came home from a visit and told me she didn't want to go back again because she couldn't stand to listen to all the hate. Grandpa was an avid Rush Limbaugh fan and Fox News viewer. She said "Mommy, don't they understand the people they're telling him to hate are us?" I had to explain how insidious propaganda was, and how it could turn good, decent people into angry, hate filled followers.

She never spent another summer with them. And neither of my sisters in law would allow their kids to go. There was no confrontation, just a loss of closeness. Grandpa passed away in 2020. It still makes me sad that my daughter lost a close relationship with him for nothing.

• illinoislady

I followed suit with you Divine because I am sick to death of FG and his name and typing it nearly always made me want to grind my teeth. I should be well past the feeling, but sometimes I still feel I'm waking up on the wrong planet still amazed that someone who should have long ago been a very bad error on the part of US for his landing in the WH is still hanging around our necks like an albatross.

How many years we have tried to shake this abomination off (and it really should have happened in early 2020 for sure) and every day there he is — taking up our time, our life, and our air waves and keeping us and the world on the edge of what next.

Truly sad reading that he and men like him have deeply affected generations. (Trishyla). That amazes me. I did not grow up with grands so it was a real eye opener. Hard to see that something that should bring a lot of joy and contentment (like grandparents) has often done the opposite. No wonder the breath of fresh air is being so gloriously magnified.

I am trying to hold my enthusiasm down just a bit, but it is difficult and when I hear things like the above I start thinking of how fantastic things could be with two people who care and are young enough and certainly astute enough to put together a wonderful group to work with to get started setting us to rights and giving us back standards and NORMS and putting some muscle behind them. Turns out things were a lot more fragile than they seemed.

• illinoislady

By the way Wren — I thought fat guy at first too and actually both fit.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Definitely would hide somewhere period.

• illinoislady

by Andrea Thompson

59 mins ago 59 mins ago

2024,Analysis,Donald Trump,Kamala Harris

Trump Team Insiders Spill Details, Donors Are “Baffled, Alarmed,” And Losing Hope As Donald’s Campaign Flails

Things are not going well behind closed doors.

by Andrea Thompson59 mins ago59 mins ago

Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign has struggled to find its footing in the aftermath of Kamala Harris’ sudden arrival into the race and, according to a dozen different Trump Team insiders, the former president’s high-ticket donors are beginning to notice that there’s a serious problem.

Multiple Trump Team insiders spoke with Reuters this week and painted a picture of a desperately struggling presidential campaign as they flounder, trying to keep up with a younger, trailblazing Kamala Harris, while Trump himself continues his out-of-control, racist, and sexist rants and ravings that are landing with Americans about as poorly as his vice presidential choice — and it’s left campaign staffers as well as high-money donors “baffled,” “alarmed,” and rapidly losing any hope they had of a landslide victory for the former president in November.

“It doesn’t change the map as much as shrink it,” a Trump campaign staffer told Reuters. “Now there’s no reason to talk about places like New Jersey anymore.”

Trump’s campaign staff has now been left desperately scrambling to find an effective strategy against Kamala Harris’ campaign, as they continue to fight the uphill battle of the former president’s legal troubles, felony conviction, and J.D. Vance’s controversy surrounding his vocal scorn for childless Americans.

Sources further report that donors are beginning to raise serious concerns over Donald’s unhinged and relentless attacks against his Democratic opponent that are based on little more than blatant racism and sexism.

Reuters reports, “That left donors and aides baffled and alarmed, according to a Republican donor, an operative at a pro-Trump super PAC spending group, and a Trump-supporting union leader.”

Sources also said the Trump campaign has struggled with delays when it comes to rolling out its attack ads, which many said was a result of needing to run the messaging by focus groups first, and a struggle on what to do or say as they awaiting Harris’ VP pick announcement.

According to the report, Harris’ choice of Minnesota Governor Tim Walz caused even more alarm behind closed doors, as they’re now forced to pit their “Childless Cat Ladies” VP against a wholesome midwestern former school teacher.

“The Republican National Committee and the campaign have been fielding calls from some donors who fear Vance has become a distraction and is dragging the ticket down,” two inside sources told the publication.

One senior Trump advisor said, “It’s clear to everyone [Harris] could win.”

According to Reuters, nine different Trump Team insiders admitted that Harris will be far tougher to beat than Joe Biden.

Corey Lewandowski, a longtime Trump adviser, told Reuters, “The race has changed. There’s a lot of us that wanted to very actively run against Joe Biden. We felt very good about our race.”

Republican Party spokesperson Anna Kelly told the publication that Harris’ trailblazing arrival on the election scene has not affected Donald Trump’s swing state strategy, while Harris spokesperson Ammar Moussa simply called Trump’s policies “backwards.”

• illinoislady

WaPo Reports Trump Is Lashing Out At His Own People Behind Closed Doors, Furious Over Harris’ Massive Rally Crowds And Record-Breaking Fundraising Hauls

Trump is not handling this shake-up well.

by Andrea Thompson2 hours ago2 hours ago

The Washington Post has released an expansive new deep-dive that takes a close look into Donald Trump’s flailing 2024 presidential campaign as Kamala Harris trailblazes her way to the top of the Democratic ticket in place of sitting President Joe Biden, leaving the ex-president struggling to regain his footing and lashing out at the hands that are trying to feed him behind closed doors.

WaPo points out early on that Donald Trump’s legal future is murky, at best, if he’s not successful in returning to the White House in the coming months and cloaking himself in all the protections that the position has to offer. According to the report, now that the Democrats have essentially swapped Joe Biden out for a much younger, healthier, and fierce Kamala Harris, Trump is privately complaining that “it’s unfair” and his mood has only soured further now that Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has been added to the Harris ticket.

The Post goes on to report that, according to insiders, Trump is heavily lashing out at his own campaign staff behind closed doors, specifically over Harris’ record-breaking fundraising hauls and her massively attended, boisterous campaign rallies — both of which are dwarfing the former president.

According to the publication, the massive turnout for Harris and Walz in Philadelphia, Wisconsin, and Michigan over the past few days has severely gotten under Trump’s skin, driving the former president’s rage to new heights and potentially setting the scene for a Trump campaign shake-up.

“Trump has begun asking friends and allies how his campaign staff is doing — a question that some say could lead to staff changes, though the former president has not said he is planning that and has expressed support for campaign aides in recent days, a person close to him said,” Josh Dawsey and Michael Scherer write for WaPo. “He has asked why Harris is raising so much more money than him, people familiar with the comments say. Trump has also repeatedly raised the large crowds that Harris is getting compared with Biden, people who have spoken to him said.”

The report goes on to add, “A Tuesday afternoon post from Trump on his Truth Social media site — which included a number of nicknames, falsehoods, and baseless accusations — suggested he was still steaming.”

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Still so dang good.

• illinoislady

Well Anthony, they say the ads are just slow since they have to go through a focus group first. Hmmm.

• illinoislady

Probably would not be amazed at the number of Democrats who believe and wish for this with their whole hearts.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Just WOW !!!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Do your job media. Hint: not giving substance to lies.