Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited August 28

I always look at the women journalists and reporters on Fox tv news networks and wonder how in the world……not to mention any woman in any other occupation voting Republican. Like, how could Meghan McCain be okay with TFG and his ruining mate. (See what I did there?)

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,257

A tree says:  My strength is trust.  I know nothing about my fathers, I know nothing about the thousand children that every year spring out of me.  I live out the secret of my seed to the very end, and I care for nothing else.  I trust that God is in me.  I trust that my labor is holy.  Out of this trust I live.

Hermann Hesse

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

There isn't a TOO low for TFG. So, he found some participants to shield him so he could make a spectacle of Arlington and get a photo op from the press out of it. Yes, I do agree the family members of the fallen deserved to be there is they wished. I sort of doubt they have spent much time in front of camera's for going before.

I just feel sad that they let themselves be used in such a way. FG has not been shy about letting his REAL feelings be known for a long time. That says desperation to me. He cannot figure out how to get himself back as the # 1 media hound. I'm starting to suspect unless he can do far better that he is not going to get the limelight back.

You were so right about that Divine. He is floundering and flailing, and it is 'swirls of children of the damned.' They just don't get it at all. Well, reading it is that Achilles Heel thing — the bully is being bullied right back only worse and it is infuriating him. The Reps. can't help him at this point because it is all so personal to him. Bullies dish it out and subdue people in their paths. Harris and Walz have no intention to be bullied and are tossing it right back over the fence where it came from — and it is hitting the target head on. Nothing sticks to Harris and Walz and they keep on getting the 'better' press while FG is reduced to making spectacles that likely will have an extremely poor reflection and won't get him back on top. Added to the fact of the re-indictment which he calls a DEAD witch hunt. He can verbally refuse in any way he likes, but he is going to go on trial — same thing with slightly different wording so that he is now a presidential candidate, rather than a president.

As always, I feel as much sorrow for him as he has felt for me.

• illinoislady

Divine, so glad you mentioned your radiation and hope you get all the needed and desired results. Hugs.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,502

Fingers crossed that the radiation does exactly what it's supposed to do, Divine. Whether or not your choice of music will be seen as a political statement, it for sure shows that you're cool!!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • illinoislady

This we know. The Earth does not belong to people; people belong to the Earth. This we know. All things are connected like blood which unites one family. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. People did not weave the web of life; we are merely strands in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. Attributed to Chief Seattle

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,502
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited August 30

It would appear Harris’s interview on CNN is being described as “normal” more than anything else. I’ll take it! Here’s one quote from her in the interview:

“Sadly in the last decade, we have had in the former president someone who has really been pushing an agenda and an environment that is about diminishing the character and the strength of who we are as Americans, really dividing our nation," the Democrat said. "And I think people are ready to turn the page on that," she added. (I love how presidential that sounds!!!)

You’d hope people would want to turn the page! Anyway, I don’t see any sensationalized headlines from the interview and that’s how I like it.

TFG is getting more fallout from his disgraced visit to Arlington National Cemetery, as he should. How is it that he degrades all our national institutions yet continues to have support? Arlington is some of the holiest ground and his actions desecrate it.

Also saw a headline where Shady Vance was booed by union firefighters at a speech in Boston. Good.