Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    edited November 2021
    Options

exbrnxgrl, I was prescribed Emla from the beginning and never heard of a spray, I don’t think MDA uses it. Emla works great though, maybe they’ll give you that instead of an OTC med.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited November 2021
    Options

thanks illimae. I am fine with nothing TBH but I might buy the OTC lidocaine. I understand that the 5% works very well. What I liked about the spray was there was no prep ahead of time, took 15 seconds to apply and did the trick. The 5% lidocaine requires the same advance prep as EMLA. I gave my last tube of EMLA to my younger dd to use before her bikini wax 😂

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,694
    edited November 2021
    Options

I was only on the Zoom for a few minutes and didn’t realize who you were, exbrnxgirl. I hope I get to see you next week. I don’t have a port, so I can’t help with your question

• illimae
    edited November 2021
    Options

Off to see our friend in hospital and about to lose cell service. Have a great week, I’ll see you all next Monday 😀

• kbl
    edited November 2021
    Options

Missed you today, Mae. I am so glad your friend is getting better. Have a great Thanksgiving.

• Pabby1044
    Pabby1044 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2021
    Options

Very sorry that I missed the message about the zoom meeting……will there be one each Monday? If so, I should very much like to be included.  Please let me know what, if anything, I need to do to join in.

Thank you!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited November 2021
    Options

Please read the op by the moderators. There is a link in their post with how to join. Yes, same time every Monday.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited December 2021
    Options

bumping

• moderators
    edited December 2021
    Options

Bumping again.

• moderators
    edited December 2021
    Options

Bumping to remind that we are now also offering this on Wednesdays, starting today, at 4pm ET. We hope you can join us!

Register here: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/...

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thanks for looking at options of another meet-up mods but unfortunately, the timing still doesn't work for many of us trying to continue working. It's 1:00 on the west coast. Hope it goes well.

• illimae
    edited December 2021
    Options

Bumped for Candy and anyone else interested.

• moderators
    edited December 2021
    Options

thank you

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 120
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi all. Just spoke to my onc. She is not concerned with my GFR since it is a calculated number and the rise in my creatinine is from the Verzenio and is to be expected. Have decided at this point to continue with the 150mg dosage twice a day and deal with the fatigue

• moderators
    edited December 2021
    Options

We're sooooo relieved, Fay! Wonderful news, all in all.

• kbl
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thank you for the update, Fay. I'm glad your onc is not worried. I do understand the fatigue, though. I'll have one good day with energy and then have three days after where I'm so tired. I hope your fatigue lightens up

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    edited December 2021
    Options

Fay and Kris (KBL) -

I usually am not able to send each of you private messages, and I'm so glad about your report, Fay. You and Kris and the rest of us know what on again off again fatigue is like. May this be the only thing we need to worry about. Let's take a nap!

- Anna

• kbl
    edited December 2021
    Options

Anna, I’ve already had my nap for the day. Lol. Man, the cloudy weather doesn’t help. Lo

• ohionana1605
    ohionana1605 Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hello all, sorry I missed the Monday zoom. I had a CT scan and saw my mo today and all is good so he suggested I go ahead with the hernia surgery 1/11. So I am planning to at this point. I ‘llhave 4-6 week recovery and surgeon and mo will collaborate. Still kind of scary going into hospital with all the Covid but hey, life is uncertain (as I unfortunately learned in February). I’m faxed so should be ok there but concerned about the mesh they use and praying my body accepts it. It will be a difficult holiday season this year without our son. I wish those who do celebrate Christmas a Merry time and peace and joy to all. Bev

• kbl
    edited December 2021
    Options

OhioNana, I’m so glad you got the okay to do your surgery and your CT went well. We missed you this week. Hopefully you can make the meeting before your surgery. If not, I’ll be thinking of you. I’m sorry you have such sadness around the holiday. I’m sending you hugs.

KBL (Kris

• auntiepmd
    auntiepmd Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    Options

Why are the 2022 Monday meet-ups all scheduled on Tuesdays? I can't make Tuesday or Wednesdays. Hope this was a scheduling error.

• kbl
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good catch, Auntiepmd. I’m sure it’s an error and the mods will fix.
  • moderators
    edited December 2021
    Options

Dear Members,

The links to register should be ok. Let us know if otherwise.

The Mods

• illimae
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hey all, I lost signal, got back on to let you know in the chat and lost it again. See you all next week 🙂

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2022
    Options

Mae - You were missed.

KBL - It was good to see how much better you're doing. Maybe I should borrow your grandson! Mine is 26. LOL!

Love,

Anna

• kbl
    edited January 2022
    Options

Mae, you were frozen. Darn it. See you next week.

Amontro, he gives me a run for my money. That’s for sure. Thank you. That’s very sweet.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited January 2022
    Options

Are there ever any Zooms not during working hours? I have the same problem with my hospital's support group: only meets during working hours. It's really disappointing. People who aren't working would also generally be free in the evening....right?

• kbl
    edited January 2022
    Options

ParakeetsRule, Melissa talked about making the Wednesday meeting later in the day to accommodate. You can ask her about it. I hope it works for you to be able to join

• moderators
    edited January 2022
    Options

We will indeed be moving the Wednesday meeting later to accomodate other time zones! Please message us with your recommendations.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited January 2022
    Options

Great news mods. For the west coast, either 3 PM ET or after 7 PM ET would be great as it would fit with lunch hour or EOD for my work. I recognize noon my time will likely be a challenge for others but thought 4 PM my time would fit as it’s not too late for other time zones. 😊