Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2022
    Options

Monday MBCers -

Just to let you know that I started a new topic in Stage 4.

It's called "Stage 4 Gallows Humor".

I hope it does not offend anyone, so I have disclaimer that says we can be serious on Mondays.

Love and good vibes to you all!

Love,

Anna

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited January 2022
    Options

8 PM ET would be best for me but 7:30 ET could work. I'm in the Central Time zone.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited January 2022
    Options

MBC Meetup TODAY (WEDNESDAY) AT 4PM, ET:

Register here: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/...

Hope to see some of you there!

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited February 2022
    Options

Any updates on doing a call after working hours? After 6pm EST or so?

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    edited February 2022
    Options

The discussion on the emotions of newly diagnosed and pertaining to attitudes of stage IV folks in general reminded me of some old song lyrics from a band I love. It's speaks to me, maybe to you as well.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,694
    edited January 2022
    Options

Love it, Mae. It was a great meetup today.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited February 2022
    Options

Oh, darn! Looks like I would have enjoyed the discussion today and might have even felt like I belonged! I have good intentions each Monday…

• illimae
    edited February 2022
    Options

exbrnxgrl, don’t forget that there’s a Wednesday one too 😁

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks! I usually don’t work (I started subbing) on Weds. so I’ll aim for that

• kbl
    edited February 2022
    Options

They would appreciate more attendance on Wednesday. I would like to go, but Wednesday I always seem to have my grandson. I hope you get to go, exbrnxgirl.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited February 2022
    Options

Would love to attend on Wednesday but as Parakeet mentioned, still hoping for something outside of work hours for the west coast. 😊

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 524
    edited February 2022
    Options

Illimae, is that a song from the Sugarcubes?

I, too, would love to join but am on the west coast, and both times are during my workday. Rats, cats, and bats! :(

• parakeetsrule
    edited February 2022
    Options

Who would appreciate more attendance on Wednesday? Are they aware of the comments in this thread? Looks like many are saying that time doesn't work. 4pm is too early for most people who are still working.

• illimae
    edited February 2022
    Options

SFcakes, it definitely is!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited February 2022
    Options

I totally forgot the zoom call today! I'm sorry I missed it and agree it sounds like it was a good discussion.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited February 2022
    Options

I have made 2 meetings and part of a third of the Wednesday meetings and Melissa (the Moderator for the Wednesday group) said that they are having trouble finding someone to do a meeting that late (I think all of the Mods are east coasters) but are still working on it and know it is a real problem. I am in the Central time zone and work so the current time doesn't work well for me either.

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2022
    Options

illimae - those are great lyrics

KBL - I agree. Today's meeting was great. This time I didn't feel left out because I was on the phone and not video.

- Anna

• moderators
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes, we're working on it. Apologies, doing our best!!

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited February 2022
    Options

I have the intention to come but always forget. Sounds like a good meeting today.

• kbl
    edited February 2022
    Options

Just letting everyone know I probably won’t make it to tomorrow’s meeting. You know I hate missing it, but I have a full morning of doctor and treatment, and I have my grandson all day. He will get to play with his grandpa in the morning. I’ll try to make Wednesday’s

• moderators
    edited February 2022
    Options

We'll miss you KBL! Best of luck with the appointments and enjoy that grand baby!!

• kbl
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thank you!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited February 2022
    Options

I won't be able to make it today. I have an appointment with my new MO at just that time. I'm a little nervous about it.

• kbl
    edited February 2022
    Options

SeeQ, good luck with your appointment. Please keep us posted. I’m sorry you’re nervous

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited February 2022
    Options

HI KBL,

This is Debbie I was new to the group. You and I have similar issues, so I thought I would connect w/you.I just started Ibrance and Letrozole. Praying for it to stop this invader. Hope your well.

• kbl
    edited February 2022
    Options

DDIL, feel free to private message me any time. I missed this past Monday but hope to be on tomorrow. I was on Ibrance and Letrozole for two years. We weren't totally sure it stopped working, but my body gave me an idea that maybe it had. I have been doing better and the issues I was having have stopped again. I have gained eight pounds back. That is my main indicator there is trouble brewing, when I start to lose weight.

• Checka
    Checka Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi, I live on the west coast and work until 4:00- do you ever have meet ups for people who can't join during the day?

Thanks, Checka

• parakeetsrule
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Checka, I asked the same question back in early January and still haven't had any luck. I'm in Maryland and the calls always take place while I'm working. In person/Zoom cancer support seems to aimed at people who are no longer working. My hospital's support group only meets during working hours too. :(
  • illimae
    edited February 2022
    Options

I hope there will be something for everyone but I get it since hosting a zoom outside of normal working hours would require someone to take away from their personal time and time with family.

I don’t know how this would work exactly but if the demand is there for an after hours group, perhaps a BCO member would like to start a personal zoom group unofficially. Just a thought.

• moderators
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi all, we are working on a solution to accommodate those who work during the day. Please stay tuned and we will keep you posted here once we have a plan!

--The Mods