Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How About A Stage 4 Gallows Humor Thread?

Options

Comments

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    Options

johnsmom -

I forgot about my radiation tattoos! What a good idea. I mentioned in an above thread that one of my tee shirts is neon yellow with a black radiation symbol on it. Your idea is more permanent though. I also like the NED reference. Any more good ideas?

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 148
    Options

Haha I completely relate to the sardines meltdown. I was trying hard to get in shape after cancer round one and now on my mat with bones missing in my spine full of metal trying to get half numb legs to do a bicycle crunch and I thought .. um. Why I doing this!?! Trying to stay somewhat functional but whatever. Come sample my homemade chocolate covered cherries.

I freaked out a friend when I said I think my obit will begin with Her truck was found at the trailhead...

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

I’m loving not even dead! I’m gonna make use of that and the radiation hazard tattoo/ t-shirt ideas and the not dead yet cake too. Did I mention my birthday is on Halloween? Great cake ideas here.Thanks ladies!

• amontro
    Options

Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet, have some cake and get tattoos!

I can dream can't I?

Love you guys.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,800
    Options

Should that ever come to pass, I have googled “parts of the body that are least painful to tattoo” 😂. Yes, I really did about 6 years ago before I got my first and only tattoo (save for the rads tattoo dots sprinkled across my upper thighs to zap that bone met) . Thinking ankle? No! Bony areas are supposed to be painful. Fingers are also supposed to be painful but those are small so don’t take long. My tattoo is on my inner forearm, far from any bone!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

Brave ladies!!!

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    Options

I had to break it to my religious dad that I'm finally getting tattoos! (He was ok, cuz its lifesaving)

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

dancemom,

My religion frowns on tattoos as well though I think it’s a matter of interpretation. The rads tats can be forgiven but they, my parents, were most unhappy with the decorative tattoo on my forearm. Although it could not be seen during the ceremony, I know for a fact that the rabbi who married my dd had a tattoo on his ankle. Obviously we are not orthodox!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,585
    Options

I have a dozen tattoos and can confirm that those on bones are the absolute worst for pain. If I hadn’t fully committed to the large ones on the top of my feet in a single session, I’d likely never have gone back to get it finished.

It’s funny, sometimes when I crave tuna, DH always mentions that it could contain a high level of radiation. I laugh and remind him that I AM radiation.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

HaHa- thanks everyone. radiation dot art!

Pink- my mom donated her body to UCSF-

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

• spookiesmom
    Options

Oh I do!!! But I throw pot holders. I get the satisfaction of throwing something but nothing breaks, so no clean up to piss me off again.

• scarlettx
    scarlettx Member Posts: 8
    Options

Ha! My family plays games alot, and I try to play the cancer card like - You can't let me lose, I have cancer! It doesn't work, my family has no mercy on me, lol. I've also told them that when I die, I want my ashes to be placed in a little hourglass for games, or in the dice, so I can still be part of all the gaming when I'm gone. I can't take credit for that one, I heard it on something, but it does make us laugh when I tell my family and friends that.

• johnsmom68
    johnsmom68 Member Posts: 10
    Options

After I was diagnosed metastatic I bought an impractical car. I call it my end of life crisis car.

• dancemom
    Options

johnsmom68, not funny, but SO funny. I keep buying nice earrings. My mom was very close with her first mentor until mentor died about 10 years ago. When she was in her 90s, she decided to get multiple piercings so she could wear more of her jewelry at one time! I now have a couple of beautiful pieces. I should wear them more.

Scarlettx, the hour glass actually sounds like a beautiful idea.

Illimae, lol! I know your experience is different, but when I was pregnant all I wanted was Tuna! I am not much of any kind of flesh eater, so I must have needed something in it, just guessing not the mercury or anything radioactive.

Radiation dot art...maybe I found my way around the "no tattoos" mentality i grew up with? (I do have multiple piercings, that didn't go over too well at the time) Just can't let my kids know!

• dancemom
    Options

oh, on radioactive: DD (20) is currently working in 2 dif research labs. For various reasons (well, covid), she is suddenly "in charge" of both labs this week. Including her first time running radioactive experiments unsupervised. She is now the supervisor!

Is that gallows humor? I kind of hope not.🤣

• amontro
    Options

I've had this illness for too long. I'm beginning to see humor in too much.

Today, while watching a crime show that I DVR'd, detectives were talking to a suspect while she was itching and scratching all over because she needed a "fix". That's kinda like me, except I get the itches after the drugs. LOL!

My mind goes in strange directions these days!

• dancemom
    Options

amontro, I am so glad you've had this illness "too long"!

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

• amontro
    Options

"Being cremated is my last hope for a smokin' hot body."

• spookiesmom
    Options

Ibrance!!!!!!

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

amontro, 😂😂😂😂

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Ha Tina! Must be Verzenio they are selling. It came with 100 Imodium. Not a good sign…

• dancemom
    Options

Oh well, the picture isn't working. image

• dancemom
    Options

• dancemom
    Options

amontro, you are ON FIRE! sizzlin funny

• amontro
    Options

dancemom, you crack me up!

I keep forgetting to post about my "CANCER CARD" that I've had for many years.

It looks like a credit card and the front says "If you've got it, play it".

On the reverse "The bearer of this card has the right to do pretty much whatever they darn well please, Including, but not limited to, shunning people who repeatedly ask "how are you feeling today?" "

(I wish I knew how to do computer stuff so I could post a picture of it.)

• dancemom
    Options

Amontro, that needs to be a card in a new Monopoly version!

Got my tattoos today. They look like blackheads. Tech told me of a "frequent client" who turned them into hearts and wanted a change, so new ones are stars. I just want to pop them.

4th try, sorry if I'm repeating myself

• amontro
    Options

This has nothing to do with cancer, but if you had a mom like mine:

Cartoon of a tombstone in a Native American Cemetery with the name "Runs With Scissors".

• scarlettx
    scarlettx Member Posts: 8
    Options

So, DH was spraying some air freshener in the room and as I walked by, he sprayed me. I turned and glared at him, "Don't do that! You could give me..." and we both said at once - "Cancer!" Then we both just cracked up. A little late for that I guess! Smile