Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How About A Stage 4 Gallows Humor Thread?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,585
    Options

oh my parakeets, LOL!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,612
    Options

parakeetsrule, that is really funny. It shouldn't be, but it is.

Carol

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    Options

parakeets, I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing. Wait, too many double negatives...I guess read it as you will

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options
    Yeah I've been giggling all afternoon at this one. So hilarious!
  • sunshine99
    Options

I don't think my DH thought it was as funny as I did. Oh well. We have our own set of jokes.

Our favorite is line from "Moonstruck" when Loretta asks her fiancé, Johnny, about his dying mother. "How near death is she?"

My DH is talking about buying a boat. "Are you waiting until I die?" He responded with, "No." I told him he needs to call my MO and ask her, "How near death is she?" It always makes us laugh.

Carol

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    Options

Grim Reaper on Halloween. FULL SIZE SNICKERS?? | Halloween funny, Funny pictures, Funny comics

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    Options

parakeets - That photo is just too much. It shows how little pinktober has affected the awareness of the public.

cowgal - Snickers! Finally, an answer to my prayers.

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 490
    Options

Here's what I've been thinking for the past few weeks, ever since suspicious spots were seen in my liver during a “routine" PET/CT scan. Mets (over 20) were confirmed today following an MRI with Eovist:

I don't like the idea of eventually becoming jaundiced because I never looked great in yellow…

• amontro
    Options

vlnrph -

I hear you loud and clear. If we can't laugh about it, we'll cry.

After my diagnosis and scans, my primary care doctor held off on some Xrays for me. He said he didn't want me to glow in the dark

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 148
    Options

I get looks of alarm when I say they can't write "she lost her battle with cancer" on my obit because on the news it will be "Her truck was found at the trailhead." And I won't be wearing anything pink, either.

• sunshine99
    Options

mkestrel, I love that! Maybe mine should be, "She was murdered, and killer is still at large." No pink for me, either!

• cowgal
    Options

• cowgal
    Options

Sorry, the picture for summer reason isn’t showing up

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    Options

Read latest CT analysis from radiologist, which wasn't particularly encouraging for prognosis. I'm described as "longstanding MBC patient". Sounds like something you'd say when giving a civic award. 🙄

I'm 4 years into MBC, guess OS is still considered 5 yrs. This is not meant to criticize the wonderful outliers who post. Your successful treatments & comments have given me hope & encouragement.

• sunshine99
    Options

nopink, I wonder, sometimes, how they choose the words they use to describe us. I remember, when I worked in skilled nursing facilities, how the patients would be described as "well nourished" or "happily confused."

I'm sorry your CT report was less than encouraging.

Carol

• amontro
    Options

nopink2019 - What is O S?

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    Options

Overall survival