Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anxiety about coming off Tamoxifen

megan_c
megan_c Member Posts: 5

Hello!

I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been on Tamoxifen for almost 5 years (May of 2024 will be 5 years) and my oncologist has talked about me coming off in May, and all of the sudden, the anxiety is real….. I feel like this drug has been like a security blanket for the last five years. I also understand that coming off means I’m still doing well, but the thought of seeing my oncologist yearly is also a really scary thought. I’ve also read a few horror stories about side effects of coming off and I’m freaking out there too! I was diagnosed with stage 2 er/pr+ her 2 negative when I was 31 years old, so I will be coming off Tamoxifen at 37. Can anyone share positive experiences?😁

Thanks!
Megan

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,691

Hi @megan_c,

We just wanted to pop in and give you a virtual hug! We can certainly understand the anxiety of coming off a medication that's meant to reduce your recurrence risk. We're sure others will be by shortly to weigh in with their experiences soon!

—The Mods

• prahan
    prahan Member Posts: 58

Hello Megan,

We both are sailing in the same boat.

Myself coming off Tamoxifen by May 2024. Myself too anxious. Keep posting. was diagnosed with stage 1 , er/pr + her2 negative.