Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258

They will go after anyone, but don't seem to get how bad that likely will backfire.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Yes, they are going so furiously fast downhill (along with Florida) that I guess we will just watch the show.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

The I want to be President thoughts. How could anyone listen to this and conclude he should be given their vote. I don't ordinarily feel I should speak for anyone else, but if you were to vote for someone talking like this you are definitely short way too many brain cells for sure.

• illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Hahaha! Love that M&M meme! Republicans would actually believe that!

• illinoislady

Wondering who gets to really make such an idiotic decision and then be sure to carry it through.

• illinoislady

All useless warts on the face of the earth.

• illinoislady

But his cult members will barely notice if at all.

• illinoislady

Brain cells missing for a long time and yours are too.

• illinoislady

New mug shot — he looks pretty rough around the edges and demented to boot.

• illinoislady

Occupy Democrats

3h  · BREAKING: Donald Trump gets crushing news as retail giant Kohl's refuses to sponsor ANY Republican National Convention events in their home town of Milwaukee where they opened their first store in 1927.

But it gets even better...

“Kohl’s is not a political organization nor donor and is not sponsoring nor engaging in any specific RNC events,” said a Kohl's spokesperson. "We support the business community through the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce."

The rationale is not hard to untangle. At the RNC convention in Milwaukee, Donald Trump will become the first convicted felon in American history to receive the presidential nomination of a major party. The Republicans are proudly advertising themselves as a criminal organization.

The MAGA brand grows more radioactive by the day.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

No surprise to me, but maybe was a good thing. W/o a person to keep the Loon on track he would have spent the whole time trying to defend himself. And there's the dementia aspect but he has gotten huge breaks from day one. Needs to stop but probably won't.

• illinoislady

He needs to go back home and stay there — he's apparently homesick.

• illinoislady

I think your still as much of a mental goner as you always were.

• illinoislady
  • 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 283

You ladies make my day!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Once a year, guys who had 25+ years in the West Virginia steel mill where dh worked get together for dinner and socialize for a few hours. It’s usually a crowd of about thirty guys. This year, dh was hesitant to go. He knows there are a number of Trumpers in the group. He wasn’t sure if any of them would be spewing bs about Trump. I suggested dh go for at least dinner, be careful who he sat next to, then leave afterwards if the conversation turned political. He ended up staying the whole time and had fun. Interestingly, he said no one talked politics. It makes dh and I wonder if Trumpers are more embarrassed, more hesitant to publicly declare allegiance to him now that he’s a convicted felon. A lot of steel workers, tho not all, around here have been pro Trump. I am not quite sure what they are thinking after his conviction. Will they still vote for him but just be quiet about their support for him? Still trying to figure that out.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
    edited June 12

John Lennon did not write "Imagine" for the loon to try to co-opt it. The lyrics describe a world that the loon would not promote with his constant need for chaos and disorder nor would the repugnicans support it. Loved John and this song.

DivineMrsM, my DF was a steelworker and they were unionized so not a proponent of the loon then or now.

Loved the memes.

Rumor has it that Ivana's grave is overgrown and neglected. Sad that she still supported the pile of crap. Why do her children allow him to so disrespect her? I am sure that she didn't request to be buried there and it is hardly sanctified or hallowed ground.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,504
  • illinoislady

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be
    and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

So here are my own conspiracy theories: First, Trump's wife didn't accidently fall down the stairs, she was pushed or set up to look like a fall. The burial at his golf course was only for a tax write off.

Second: Trump is being drugged, a.k.a., medicated, by his own party who hopes to keep him in front of the public as the one MAGA adores, while the country is being secretly run by others, like Russ Vought!

Both make sense to me!

• illinoislady

Hmm, so glad your Dh went to his once a yr. steel mill dinner and was able to stay. I have never totally understood how union people could go for Trump, but then that extends to far more than just them. I do think after so much time, chaos, and idiocy have taken place a lot of 'people'/union members have had some forced reality in the form of Pres. Biden being REALLY gung-ho for unions, and as well watching Trump LOSE on a rather constant basis.

Embarrassing, I think very much so as well as the idiocy spewing forth all the time (getting worse by the moment it would seem) from Trump. As well, although it is hard to say what people will REALLY do when it comes time to vote, many Reps. and some rather high up former government people (Paul Ryan and a few Rep. high donors) are backing away. I'm sure this is being noted and having some amt. of influence — how much, hmm, not sure, but enough that it could make conversations un-wieldy with all the huge drain of confidence going on about Trump and the Reps. party and stance as well. As you say though Divine — hard to judge where people really are. Lying has been such standard fare for a long while now and at the same time being to honest or even choosing to have a conversation with Trump a part of it could leave you looking as inept and demented as he now is. Not a good look and if honest, nothing anyone reasonable could defend. I, like you, wonder if people will just vote party instead of person.

Betrayal, I am also surprised about Ivana Trumps grave and why her children would put up with that. Then again, they were supporting at the time a president (or that is what that family chose to see him as) and that may have left them feeling any movement on their parts otherwise would cause issues for them. Trump has no qualms (something they have huge reality on) if you do anything that looks or feels remotely disloyal.

Despite the fact that souls move on and are not I think too concerned over their burial areas, it is still degrading in my mind to do something which seems so un-caring and heartless since we are and should honor our parents and loved ones at their parting with a peaceful setting and a bit of dignity where one can go to remember all the milestones and markers of that life. Her children seem as in-humane as the man who fathered them. I hope karma hands them something close to the same.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady