Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

I think every decent, well informed person should be very, very concerned about this election. This is the perfect place to express our nervousness…and things can be very depressing, that is for sure. I hope everyone stays on the thread & stays active. ALL of our hearts are in the right place! ♥️

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,172

Thanks, mavericksmom ,

I don’t see pragmatism and a cold hard stare at what’s going on with Biden and the upcoming election as anything but reality. An ugly reality but a reality none the less. I believe having a positive attitude is very helpful in life, but not mandatory at all times and for me, that’s the reality of these times. I hope more than anything that I’m wrong!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Ruthbru, glad you are part of this group! Enjoy the beach for all of us! Those drinks look so refreshing! Yes please!🤗

Strange that so many computers are infected by what “they” say is not a cyber attack. 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,611

Wow, never expected to be labeled a pollyanna for being optimistic and how childish it is to label someone for expressing beliefs opposite your own. Reminds me of what trump does when he perceives someone as opposing him.

I did not label anyone "chicken little" for their point of view, just felt that the tone of this forum has become very depressing in tone and expressing that seems to have created a firestorm. I have not personally attacked anyone nor mentioned them in any of my posts. You are welcome to use this forum to express your doubts and concerns just not the opposite, for that is the tenor now. I respect your POV and your right to do so. Have at it.

I will continue to lurk but feel that my POV is unwelcome. I continue to believe that those who wish to preserve democracy will vote for the person who best represents that for our nation. The reality of life is that it is full of adversities as are politics. I have dealt with a lot in my life and look for the solutions so I do not wallow in the problems. For me it has worked. So while it is a challenge, it is the path I choose to follow now.

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • exbrnxgrl
    edited July 19

I am sorry that we all don’t share your feelings. There is nothing wrong with your optimism but those are your feelings, just as others have theirs. My point is that all of our feelings should be respected as we are individuals. And once again, my perceived negativity will not change my vote in any way and I fervently hope I am dead wrong about all of this.

I believe I used the term Pollyanna but it was in reference to myself.
    “ I don’t want this to happen but there are times in life when I just can’t be a Pollyanna.” -exbrnxgrl

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275
    edited July 19

betrayal, take a breath! I wasn’t talking about you or anyone else here when I used the word Pollyanna!

I had to go way back to even see what the heck you were talking about!

FYI when I mentioned Pollyanna I was responding to ex and was talking about emotions not you! I am ignoring your rude comments and chalking them up to your reading too much into what people say! Sadly your interpretation was wrong!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,278
    edited July 19

Long day yesterday when I couldn't watch much news at all. I will admit to (did NOT definitely turn it on for that reason) a few minutes of the Trump speech at the convention. I turned on MSNBC for what I hoped would be a mini-catch-up overall — and didn't expect them to play out apparently a whole speech. After about 5 mins. it was turned off.

I will return to something previously mentioned here. It is RNC convention time and they are dancing in their seats. Many there seem to think they have won the God Medal of 'conventions' and that their guy has it in the bag. Well, that is what the whole week was and is about — and it is our misfortune that the other side 'somehow' had a near miss on their candidate, while ours got a case of Covid. I do think it has in fact, emboldened them. A lot. It is a scary time and really a far worse time for those on our side who have turned themselves into naysayers.

We are getting a lot of tainted news. So, it is hard to feel positive. That is the point. Yet I am convinced that if we stand together and stop the nonsense (although it will be worse if they don't get some control going) we can use the screen captured materials and all that the Lincoln Project has as well as all that will happen between now and election time. That includes a sentence handed down on Trump for his conviction. I'm worried about that a bit, but I think it cannot not all be erased, so there is that. He will still be convicted — of two different crimes one involving a woman he raped and one he paid off in a presidential campaign. There will be our convention.

I think I mentioned that Lawrence O'Donnell talked about the lackluster amt. of people that have tuned into the RNC convention and that he feels most people have just had it with the Reps. at large and Trump in particular. So, we will have to wait and see if the figures garnered for the RNC showing end up being larger or smaller. My guess is that they will be much larger. I think people (and likely a good number of Reps) are looking for something better than a lunatic with a bandage on his boo-booed ear.

I'm optimistic a lot of times, but at the same time I'm nervous and scared now and then. Having people on our side falling into the Reps. arms over Pres. Biden is sure no help to me. It is what it is and so I come here to share and know there will be both types of entries. Some who confirm things aren't like they should be and those who will be standing strong so I have someone to help me stand that way till I can feel it again.

I don't think anyone needs to leave. I value every single person who needs or wants to share feelings and ideas.

• betrayal
  • illinoislady

You mean there was some left.

• illinoislady
    edited July 19

How many people would opine/complain he was too young if he were 35.

• illinoislady
    edited July 19
  • illinoislady

And just a note. Ditzo Donnie had it on still last night. Is he going to have it on election day as well. Doesn't he know it would be much more realistic now if he switched that out for a flesh-colored band aid. We won't even mention the picture the next day of him golfing happily in the sun with nothing on his ear at all.

• exbrnxgrl

I think you display a healthy sense of reality about the situation. I think it’s important to acknowledge what a truly scary time this is.

• illinoislady

So are you lying now or was the lie earlier.

• illinoislady

We have wondered about alien life. Well, wonder no more. One look at this and they will never show up to the Land of Lunatics.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady