Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

1158715881589159015911593»

Comments

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 941

Carole will be thinking of DH and you tomorrow and wish him well. Keep us posted for sure.

Illinois I'm sorry you are struggling and also send along a big virtual hug. I've been mulling over various things lately (for me a bit too much) and it's unpleasant. I probably need to journal it out a bit. 🫂🤗👐

Betrayal your day folding the laundry and watching the deer sounded lovely. I love fall, but now that we're living in the south, I find myself doing some fall decorating while being sad the outdoor pool closed. Wierd.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,840

Plumber here at 9 am so able to get early start on repairs. Will get him to determine if leak was in feed line or water line to ice maker. If feed line then it will be covered by insurance; if water line (plastic) we get to foot the bill. Either way, he is installing copper feed to ice maker port on refrigerator rather than plastic line. Will have to get refrigerator repair company back to make connection to ice maker though. So another call to make this week.

Sent soil sample to PSU for analysis since we have been unable to grow anything on one section of the hill, including pachysandra, which grows just about anywhere. Results arrived and show we need to do some soil amendments and then I would like to get a landscaper to plant rhododendrons there. There is a very tall tulip poplar growing there, >100 feet, so anything planted would be under its canopy and need to be a shade plant. If we can then get pachysandra to grow, there would be less weeding needed.

Carole, hope your husband does well today and hope they keep him overnight rather than discharge to home. I do believe that stay overnight allowed them to assess my pain meds needs and gave me a chance to recover from the anesthesia plus meet with PT (which wasn't all that good). PT I had at home was better.

Was hoping to get to Costco with DS today if plumber finishes early enough. Don't need a lot because freezer in house is still off limits and other 2 are full though I have been working on depleting them. Freezers in refrigerators are a smaller side by side and the other is a small bottom one, so I still have a free standing one for most of my food needs. So I have some room and once I can offload overflow on those 2, I will have plenty of room.

Illinoislady, I hope today will give you what you need to end the doldrums. It's tough when we are hit with so many onslaughts at once.

Taco, I am sure you will love your home when it is repainted. Even though you won't have your furniture yet, it will be a chance to re-experience those feelings you had when you first moved into this house. A sense of newness and family experiences lie ahead.

Plumber found leak. It was the feed line to the refrigerator and not the water line, halleujah.

Off to Costco. Hope everyone has a great day. It is sunny here and supposed to hit 80 this afternoon.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 355

Carole - thinking of you and DH and hoping for a smooth surgery and recovery.

Taco - by the end of the week you will have a ‘freshened up’ house. Enjoy!

Betrayal - Yay on the feed line. Problem can be repaired and paid for by insurance.

Reader - good to ‘see’ you.

I’m dragging myself off to the gym. Have a good day everyone!