Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

1158415851586158715881590»

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,671

Carole, thank you for the Puffin update. It is heartbreaking to know that she went from a vibrant, active life with such zest for birdwatching to being incapacitated as Illinoislady said, seemingly overnight. I am so glad she got that last cruise trip with her friend in before all this happened. I will miss her presence and willingness to identify birds for us. I hope her death is peaceful.

I am also hoping that your friend and Illinoislady's SIL's brother seek refuge from Milton. I heard a report today on the water surges that explained a 9 foot surge would wipe out the first floor of most homes and that scared me. I cannot imagine why one would not want to evacuate. My DB was in the Navy and stationed in MS for one nasty hurricane. He tells about how they went to apartments and told people to evacuate but they insisted on staying to have a "hurricane" party. The next day he was placing toe tags on their remains and I can tell you he was devastated.

For those in Milton's path, please get out while there is time. Possessions can be replaced but you cannot. It's a shame because there are those who will try to take advantage with price gouging.

Sunny today and pleasant. Had my annual ENT check-up with hearing test. Always tells me my hearing loss is in dog whistle range and I tell him I'm not a dog, so not too concerned. Tomorrow is eye doctor which is semi-annual and I'm not sure if tests are involved this time? Hoping not. Hospital switched to credit card only for garage and it is a nightmare. Seems, as I was rudely told by garage attendant, must see attendant on first floor in garage or at information desk within the hospital for validation for senior discount before getting their car. She grudging gave it to me but then where you insert credit card is so high I had to get out of my car to pay. Drivers behind me were not too happy. Right height if you drive an SUV but not a sedan. Not a fan of this change. Must use same garage tomorrow so now I know what to expect.

Ran to TJMaxx and found some pumpkin spice hand wash in pumpkin shaped containers with glitter on them and they were reduced. Picked up some for DD, DDIL and myself. It smells good. Found some Halloween themed hair barrettes for DGD, dog treats and toys for DD's dog, Darjeeling tea for her as well and some vanilla extract for my pantry. Plus gift bags for DGD's birthday gifts which I ordered from Walmart and will have by Saturday. Forgot store is now in no plastic bag zone so just repacked goods into cart and took to car. I have bags in my trunk, just need to remember to take them with me.

Want to get Fall flag out on porch and backyard poles. DD got me some mums but my favorite store for pumpkins went out of business so I may try Produce Junction to see if they have some. It's always crowded so I do hate going there even though I can save money.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,105

I must be the only person in the world not to be a fan of pumpkin spice scents. LOL.

The mayor of Fort Myers was on tv this morning and emphasized how dire is the threat of Milton. From the traffic on the highways heading out of Florida, a great number of people are heeding the instructions to evacuate.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,487

Thank goodness on those people heeding the Milton warnings. Carole, I don't care a lot for pumpkin scents so much but now a good Pumpkin Butter can almost make me swoon. Our local orchards here use to make it but they have stopped — I think not enough sales for them. I haven't found any that is nearly as good as theirs and frankly I thought I was buying enough to keep them in 'good' sales.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,671

Illinoislady, the Amish make very good pumpkin butter. Are there any in your neck of the woods?