Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

1158815891590159115921594»

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,904

Happy birthday, wren44 and may you enjoy many more.

reader425, love your DH's ingenuity for costume design. Enjoy the party. I am in PA which is also a battleground state. Where are you?

Refrigerator tech just left. He did not have to replace ice maker but I had him take a look at the condensation drainage tube which I have been unable to clean to my satisfaction. He replaced it, took the drip pan off so I could clean it (it was gross, too) and the actual labor charge is more than the part. He left me the excess tubing and told me how I could replace it myself in the future. Considering this was original which makes it 26 years old, I might not be here to do that. So I did a fair job of cleaning it for the past 26 years and he suggested a flush with hydrogen peroxide to remove the bio-slime that develops in it. I did do a google search once but they suggested bleach (ah,no because the tubing is plastic) or vinegar (again a solid no). I had a brush I could insert for maybe 5 inches but was afraid to be too aggressive and the line is about 5 inches longer. So where I cleaned wasn't bad, where I could not reach was yucky. So the refrigerator is all sparkly now and I can start to reload the freezer with things moved to the garage.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,984

Happy Birthday Wren. Just think how wise an 84 yr. old person is. We never have to get actually older as long as we are getting wiser and making that time count — and it is just a count of a sorts. I hope your day is special. Enjoy with long sighs of contentment.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,289

I feel like I haven't been on here for a long time.

Annie, Welcome

Jackie, sorry to hear about COVID.

I had to take a short getaway with my niece. We went to SeaWorld. It was pleasant and not terribly crowded. I assume that after the 2 hurricanes, some of the tourist left.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,139

It's sad to lose a baby at any point in the pregnancy when it's much wanted but to go through the whole pregnancy and then have the baby die is unimaginably sad. I really can't imagine the grief.

DH seems a little better today, though it's difficult to say exactly how he's better. I try to get him up walking every couple of hours and he's always cooperative. Rising to a standing position is his biggest challenge. I made him a full breakfast this morning without asking him what he wanted. He ate most of it with seeming enjoyment. I'm making chicken and sausage gumbo for dinner.

I need to rethink going to some appointments early next week. Unless he's much better, I wouldn't want to leave him alone. None of the appointments are of life and death importance.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday. Happy Birthday, Petite.

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,306

Wren, happy birthday! 🎂

Betrayal, it has to feel nice to have the refrigerator back where it belongs, plus all cleaned up.

Petite, glad you had a little getaway. Any and all are enjoyable. You’re probably right about tourists having left.

Carole, good news your DH seems better. Your appointments, you know what can be rescheduled, so I hope easily rebooked.

I did get up and immediately just go for my bloodwork. And what was even better there was absolutely no pain, tech was great. I think I was in, out and back in my car within 20 minutes. I didn’t check my portals for results yet.

Tonight’s sunset from our bedroom window. Helderberg mountains in the distance. It’s down to 54, from the high of 60. Cool again tomorrow.

All your mention of dinners sounded good. I’m eating leftovers from today’s lunch. I hope you all have a good night!