Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1830 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

May 17, 2022 12:01AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, I did see your post but I have been gone a good part of the day and didn't have a chance to post but I did pray for you regarding getting treatment for your LE asap. I am glad to hear that a prescription was finally sent. Praying it will all work out so you can start treatment very soon.

Chris, how are you doing? Have you had more days of feeling improvement?

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 17, 2022 01:09PM zjrosenthal wrote:

thanks Nancy. They're supposed to call and set up appointments by the end of the week.

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

May 17, 2022 07:56PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, I am still struggling with diarrhea. My oncologist is keeping tabs and I can control it if I need to. I try not to overdo the Imodium as it sends me the other direction. Today and yesterday were not good days. I will be thankful when the house is done so I can rest. I try to just sit on these days but I don't tolerate the mess well and keep getting up. I want everything in its place... I think if I could feel well and have one full day of energy I could get it all done. But that is not going to happen. I am not a good patient!

My cousin has pancreatic cancer and just came out of a three-day coma. She was diagnosed last summer and her daughter is expecting her first baby. I am praying she lives long enough to see it. The baby is due in two months and I pray this is God's will that she live long enough to meet her first grandchild. This has been weighing heavy on my heart.

Jean, I am praying for you every day.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 17, 2022 11:49PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, I do hope by the weekend you will have some apts lined up so you can rest knowing there is a plan in motion. I am not very good at hurry up and wait so I can understand your frustration.

Chris, I wish I could wave my magic wand and have everything in your house fall into place for you. I feel your angst not feeling up to doing what you know in your mind you want to do. Letting go is so difficult but I pray that you will be able to do that so you can rest on the days you need to. Did your oncologist lower your meds or is that not going to happen at this time? I am sure sorry to hear about your cousin. I am sure this is so difficult for the pregnant daughter. I will pray that your cousin will live to see her first grandchild.

Is your 50th on June 2? I have that date swirling around in my head. Is that correct?

Wheatfields, If I am remembering May 25 is your surgery date right? Praying for you as you approach this time.

I will be praying for the needs expressed. May God meet each one of you at your point of need. May you feel His love and compassion for what you are going through. Thank Him in advance for what He is about to do for YOU.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2022 05:18PM wheatfields wrote:

Dear ladies,

Yes Nancy, my hand surgery is scheduled for the 25th, I guess they call a day or two before and tell you what time to be there and with instructions. I live 75 miles from the Orthopedic Institute and so we are hoping it's not terribly early that we have to leave. Although out here 75 miles just means about 90 minutes :) The pre op appointment entailed only an EKG and so I was very pleased about that.

Jean, I'm praying that you will very soon have appointments set up and a plan for treatment. And Chris, we are praying for you too, that you will be feeling better each day and everything in the house will fall right into place. And also prayer for your cousin and her daughter.

GB, I am glad you are crocheting! I did some cross stitch when I was younger and now wish I had kept at it a little more. I did dig out an old cross stitch that I started years ago and am working on finishing it. But now I notice how our eyes aren't quite as good or our fingers as we get older.

Keeping you all in prayer!

Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/17/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2022 07:57PM gb2115 wrote:

Wheatfields--I finished my blanket. I should take a picture soon and post it. I think it's quite lovely. I have a cross stitch bookmark that I started but don't work on it so much. I now have blurry close up vision when I wear my normal near sighted glasses, that started during Taxol. I guess I probably need progressive lenses or something, but am putting off going to the eye doctor. I just kind of peek under my glasses (which are pretty small) to see the tiny stitches, but it gets exhausting.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

May 20, 2022 06:39AM gb2115 wrote:

Ladies, I feel led this morning to ask for prayer support for work. My workplace has been going through struggles, many struggles, as are many healthcare environments. We all had a traumatizing situation the other day with a patient, so that's been hard. And then we found out that our covid exposure may be about to significantly increase, possibly without adequate respiratory protection. None of us are happy and are doing all we can to try to make it not happen. Management can choose to not go this route, so it's not yet a done deal. I'm asking the Lord to just make this not happen to give our very tired office and staff a break. Thank you...I'm going to try to emotionally gear up to walk back in that place.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

May 20, 2022 01:19PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Wheatfields, we'll be praying for your hand surgery for next Wed. May 25th. I am glad that your preop wasn't too bad. I do hope that you don't have an early surgery since you have a long drive. Praying for success and that it will relieve your pain. Praying against anxiety and fear going into the surgery.

GB, praying for your work place. I do hope that decisions will be made against having more Covid exposure in your working area. We would love to see your crocheted blanket. Hopefully you will have better luck posting a pic than I have lately.

I too used to do cross stitch until I broke my wrist. Then finger issues took over and now my eyes probably wouldn't work for it now. I am ready to leave for my second to last PT. It has gone very well and is definitely helping.

Chris, continued prayers for you and for all of you.

Love,

Nancy

May 20, 2022 01:41PM intolight wrote:

I thought I would share my "annual report" I shared on FaceBook this morning. Feel free to skip if you wish.

Six years ago today I was diagnosed with Stage IV metastatic breast cancer. Though the journey has been tough, I have learned so much about God, my family and friends, and myself. During this time I have lost many friends and family to this horrible disease and I often ask why I am still here. Even in the midst of the storm God has been always by my side. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for God is with me. His rod and His staff they comfort me." From absence of fear to overflowing cups of blessings God has sustained and provided. My beloved husband and daughter are quick to provide for my needs and patient with me when I struggle. On June 9th I will celebrate 50 years of marriage to the love of my life. There was a time I thought I wouldn't make it this far, but my God answers prayers. Never take for granted the day God has placed before you or the people He has placed in your life. During these last six years I have gained a family I never knew I had and a new community of friends when I thought my life was about over. I pray every day for the salvation of my family and that the love of God will overflow in all whom I know. Thank you for being a willing part of my life. God is good!

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 20, 2022 05:09PM hersheykiss wrote:

Chris, thank you for sharing your Facebook post. Your love for God and family is beautiful.

GB, I hope your work situation improves and management takes the necessary precautions to protect its employees. So many parts of the country are entering a fifth COVID wave. This virus doesn't seem to miss a beat finding hosts.

Wheatfields, I pray for a successful surgery on Wednesday. Will your wonderful nurse friend go with you?

Nancy, I'm so glad that PT is helping you. I saw a new physical therapist yesterday (my previous one retired from clinical work). She started me right off the bat with mobility and strength exercises. I hope they help with my shoulder stiffness.

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

Page 1830 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Scroll to top button