Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1850 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Aug 2, 2022 12:32PM sunshine99 wrote:

Good morning, ladies! Nancy, that is a beautiful photo!

We're out in the desert for a couple of days with my dad. We are replacing all of the exterior swing doors (not the sliders) and it's supposed to take a couple of days. It's hot here, but not too hot (for the desert,) but we'll have the doors wide open in a little while so no AC. Could be worse.

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 2, 2022 02:47PM hersheykiss wrote:

That butterfly is beautiful, Nancy! I don't think I've seen one so intensely blue. Am I imagining things, or does the butterfly have blue eyes too?!

My mom has recovered very well from her recent bout of COVID. In fact, she visited a museum on Friday and then attended an ice cream social!

Thank you for asking about my shoulder. For the most part, it feels like it's moving more freely. Yesterday it seemed more restrictive, but I also worked a 9-hour day at the office. Thankfully a long day is the exception, not the rule.

Blessings on everyone's day and week!

Aug 2, 2022 03:52PM intolight wrote:

Sunshine, working in the heat is not pleasant but sounds like you have a good handle on things. Take care.

Nancy, beautiful butterfly. I love the brilliant blue! So happy you are able to get out a bit.

Hershey, I can't imagine working with everything else. I am glad your shoulder is improving.

Today is the first day of school for my granddaughter--yes, they start early. This school district takes two week breaks between semesters which is nice. (Two weeks in the fall, Christmas, and Spring.) The puppy is settling in but the training is still difficult. At least she sleeps eight hours at night. I am feeling pretty good and see my oncologist tomorrow for the official discussion on my PET results. The medicine still gives me side effects but if it keeps the cancer quiet I will take it!

Enjoy the week. Love, Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 2, 2022 04:24PM - edited Aug 2, 2022 04:28PM by bandwoman1234

Here is the pic of the Blue Morpho on my arm. I had to use my cellphone camera as I couldn't get a pic with my camera and my long lens. It was a struggle to take this. Not the shot I wanted but it does show the true blue color and scale of the butterfly. I do have to say it was a very special moment having this butterfly on my arm in all of it's beauty. Hershey, I don't know if it has blue eyes. I will have to go through my pictures again because I do have some really close up shots with their wings closed. You would not believe what they look like with wings closed. God's creation never ceases to amaze me.

Hershey, I am glad to hear your Mom is doing well. Glad to hear your shoulder is improving. Nine hour days..........ugh. Glad you have some days off now.

Carol, being in the desert with no AC sounds tough. Hopefully the project will go quickly and smoothly.

Chris, I continue to pray for your side effects and that your body will eventually adjust. Is Bria's school considered a year round school calendar? I hope she is doing well in her new school. Glad to hear the puppy is sleeping at night. I have never had to train a puppy before but I can imagine it is a challenge. As I walk past many dog owners with their dogs there is quite a difference in how they all behave. (The dogs that is)Winking.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I had hoped to do something fun but rain is predicted all afternoon. I did celebrate with several friends a few days ago so that was fun. I miss going downstate and having some quality time with my sister as we would attend the town's outdoor celebration and attend the Christian concerts at night. With the pandemic and all the town decided not to do the celebration anymore. We will really miss that.

Have a good rest of the day everyone. Hope you enjoy my arm candy. LOL

Hershey, I went back to look at my first post of the butterfly and tried to enlarge it and it does look like it has blue eyes!!

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 2, 2022 09:19PM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, that is stunning! The color is unreal!!!

The first set of doors went into the casita. It took the installers almost all day, but they did an awesome job. Tomorrow they will do the two sets that go out toward the golf course. Then they'll come back next week to install the double front door. These guys are amazing. I had no idea how much work it would be. Silly me thought they'd just pop the old door out and pop the new one in. Shows how much I know!

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 3, 2022 12:08AM - edited Sep 1, 2022 11:32AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Aug 3, 2022 02:05AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thanks Carol. It is stunning. To see dozens flying around is truly a magical experience. I feel like I am in a Disney movie they look so unreal. Installing doors takes some skill for sure. Glad they are doing a good job.

Teka., thank you. I'll take a slice of that triple layer cake. Sugar free and gluten free hopefully!! Nine candles. I take that. How is your knee doing? I hope your pain meds are working.

Have a restful night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 3, 2022 06:35AM gb2115 wrote:

What a beautiful butterfly!!

I agree no AC in the desert sounds like a rough time. Our AC was broken last month during a Mid-Atlantic and it was so miserable I didn't think we were going to make it. The medication hot flashes didn't help either.

Appointment with the surgeon went fine!

I have my long awaited (delayed for a year) endoscopy today. This is to assess long time GERD and off and on somewhat odd swallowing. I'm nervous because of IV sticks (you all probably understand that one) and because I did become aware during an endoscopy once and recall the choking and struggling against the scope in my throat. I suppose I should tell them about that today. My appointment is at noon (EST) so I'm in my clear liquid phase for a bit longer.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 3, 2022 09:40AM wheatfields wrote:

Happy Birthday Nancy! The butterfly is beautiful and a great picture. Your birthday is close to mine which is Saturday 😊. Hope you have a special day!

GB praying for you today and a painless procedure with good results. Chris, the puppy is so sweet and so is your little grand daughter. Hershey, so glad to hear of your mom's recovery and feeling back to normal. Glad to hear your shoulder is doing pretty well too. Carol, keep cool in all that heat and sunshine!

Praying for you all!

Love, Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/17/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 3, 2022 11:06AM intolight wrote:

Nancy, Happy Birthday. Enjoy this day to the fullest!

Happy Birthday Digital Card Happy Birthday e-card Birthday image 1

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Page 1850 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button