Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1854 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Aug 20, 2022 03:00PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

The posts regarding my weight issue before my MRI may have been confusing. I was upfront and said the weight I put down was what MY scales (which are the old weighted doctor scales) say. I also told them that it is usually 7lbs higher at the doctor's office after I have eaten and am in clothes. So that put this person in the position of possibly not knowing which one was accurate. The number she gave me was not accurate as it was the last time I was in the doctor's office and that was just at the beginning of July. I did tell her I had lost weight since then. I couldn't figure the math in my head on the spot as I was already nervous to go into the MRI room. I finally said just do the weight you see in my chart. Before this time they would call me and ask a ton of questions before my MRI. So I don't know what weight they went by before and does 7lbs difference make that much of a difference in the amount of contrast they give. I don't know and was my nausea related to the contrast. The next day I had no nausea. I will discuss with my neurologist next week.

My neurologist did message me that the tumor was stable which I had presumed. So that part is definitely good news.

Have a great weekend dear sisters. It is raining here all weekend so time to do some filing and house cleaning.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 20, 2022 10:44PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

This is the dreamy type of shot that I love with this specialty lens. I did get the new lens yesterday but it has rained pretty much all day today and more tomorrow but I am very anxious to try the new specialty lens out as well. For those interested this dahlia bud and my previous dahlia photos were both taken with the Lensbaby Velvet 56 lens.

I know this photography is not for everyone who wants to see only tack sharp images but this is what I love to do.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 21, 2022 11:20AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Good morning everyone.

I hope you have a great Sunday. I have some news from two of our sisters who have been a part of this thread for quite a long time.

Faith's husband is having carotid artery surgery tomorrow, Monday Aug. 22, as they are 60% blocked and he has recently had a TIA. I am sure that she would appreciate prayers for him and for her anxiety.

Ade and James have found a house in Ohio to be near their other children. The only caveat is that the person that wants to buy their house has not found a buyer for his house so they could use prayer that this will all work out for everyone involved. They both have lost a lot of weight on a Keto diet. She sent me a picture as they also celebrated their 50th anniversary this year. I am sure she would appreciate prayers for the sale of their house.

Off to church.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 21, 2022 10:14PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone.

If you read my last post I have some recent news from Faith. Her husband's surgery for tomorrow (Monday) has been canceled because his surgeon is sick plus she was having some stomach issues today as well. Please continue to pray for them and I will update you when I hear of any more news.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 22, 2022 06:11AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, that makes more sense with the MRI!!

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 22, 2022 12:15PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

I don't know if anyone else is having trouble logging on but my email links have not worked for a week or so. It has been erratic and sometimes works.

GB How is your situation with GERD? Did you start Prilosec? Migration will be starting soon so I bet you will get to see a lot of different birds on their way south. I know my hummingbirds are sure drinking a lot of nectar powering up for the long trek.

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 24, 2022 02:12PM wheatfields wrote:

hello ladies,

Yes, Nancy I have trouble from time to time logging in. Thank you for the update on Faith and Ade, also for posting your beautiful flowers that you photographed! I love walking and taking pictures of the beauty of nature, but mine are just with my phone. My stomach is doing it's usual thing, but I think I've caught on to a few tricks to feeling better. I was reading about "food combining" and wonder if there isn't some truth in that.

Praying that everyone is having a wonderful week!

Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/17/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 25, 2022 07:20AM gb2115 wrote:

My GERD is about the same. Still working with pepcid and trying to change to small frequent meals because of the hiatal hernia.

Zometa #2 today, and Zoladex #8. Beside myself right now because I pulled a tick off my leg last night. Where it came from I haven't a clue. I went to work. I don't even walk through the short grass in the yard. No pets in the house. It clearly hadn't been there long because it wasn't engorged at all at all, and although attached, was easy to remove intact. I examined the little pest thoroughly and it doesn't appear at all to be the deer tick kind that spreads Lyme (which I did have years ago after pulling off a fat engorged tick). It looks like a nymphal lone star, so I'm not going to call to try to get prophylaxis...but thinking of scheduling a telehealth for early next week to deal with tick anxiety. I mean, watch for headache, joint pain, etc. I have all of this regularly, and I'm getting Zometa.. so how exactly would I know? Lol. Maybe presence of fever?

I will probably tell the oncologist about this today, but she's unlikely to do anything.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 25, 2022 10:13AM intolight wrote:

gb, sorry about the tick. Praying you caught it soon and will not be a problem. You are on enough meds you don't need any more issues!

Nancy, thank you for the update on Ade and James. I pray for them often and am thankful to have specifics. I will continue to pray for Faith also.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 25, 2022 06:24PM gb2115 wrote:

My Zometa got delayed a month. I'm glad because now I can more easily monitor symptoms for tick shenanigans.

Page 1854 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button