Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 589 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Aug 11, 2014 03:54PM milehighgirl wrote:

Small Miracle #2

I have to make this fast because I'm leaving for kid duty in a few minutes....

I've had ongoing issues with my computer since I bought it and taken it in for repairs 10-11 times for the same issue.  It always gets returned without being fixed.  I finally sent an email to our local TV investigative reporters and asked if they could help me.  I got an email from one of their producers saying she was contacting one of her contacts at Best Buy.  BB called me to tell me they were going to replace my computer and the software that will no longer load!  I'm getting a new computer!  Yeah!!!!!  Afrter 3-years that is truly a miracle!

Blessings all.  Sue

Aug 11, 2014 04:23PM SewStrong wrote:

Bev, the 127 Yard Sales start on US 127 in Michigan and end in Alabama I think. I've never gotten more than 30 miles myself so I'm not sure. Some people come from far away states to yard sale all week. It's great fun for my " picker" friends.

I have Triple Negative Breast Cancer, but I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13; Surgery 7/11/2013 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 10/28/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Radiation Therapy 11/11/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Aug 11, 2014 05:30PM Mini1 wrote:

Nancy BW - you made me cry. Great sentiments. Blessings to all my sisters.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 Surgery 4/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 11, 2014 06:41PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Afternoon Lady Warriors,

Well just sitting here having my Avastin. Had a good appt with the onc and we are staying on this new pill dose. My liver counts went up just a little bit this time with the new dose. She wants to keep it going and see how it goes for the next couple of weeks. Praying they drop more and the next tests show it. Thank you Lord for your favor and blessings. 

Sue I am so excited with the news of your new computer. What a blessing and that is surely a kiss from our God. It was sure nice chatting with you again and I love the opportunities to chat live. Praying you are doing well. 

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 11, 2014 08:34PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hey everyone,

It has been a crazy and hectic few days. On Sunday we celebrated this man who turned100. His life had touched so many people. It was truly amazing all the love that was shown to him. I saw friends I hadn't seen in years.

I have a list as long as my arm trying madly to get things done before going back home on Wednesday. I finalized my tombstone today and will wait for the first rough draft. The trumpet angels might prove to be a challenge. Because I am a band director accepting an angel trying to play the trumpet with no arms does not fly with me! They think they can add a trumpet to just an angel. Hopefully they can.  

Sue- What I see happening now is God purposely lifting your spirits in very real and tangible ways. My thought is let's see what Miracle #3 and #4 and #5 will be! What is so cool is that not only does He lift your spirits in the process but everyone around you that hears about it. I am thrilled for you. Your computer situation is awesome. God is good!

Bev and Sharon- I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of the biggest yard sale and had no idea that it stretches from one state to another. My sister would be in yard sale heaven. LOL Sounds like a great plan for a   gathering in the future.

Lucy- I hope your course that you are on works well for you and the liver will regulate to where it needs to be.

Char- Your bee story makes me cringe. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo afraid of bees. I visited my future grave site on the weekend and I kept hearing buzzing all around me. It was bumble bees on clover. If you ever want to see me run like the wind just let me think a bee is after me! LOL

Mini- Hope you are doing well and recovering from the energy spent on VBS. What great projects the kids took on.

Deborrah- I hope you are having a great time traveling with your daughter.

Angie- When is your next chemo?

You are all such a blessing to me. Bev, I love your mantra...that really sums it up doesn't it. Have a great week and I can't wait to see what God is going to do in us and through us and sometimes in spite of us!

Love,

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 12, 2014 01:31AM - edited Aug 12, 2014 01:31AM by milehighgirl

Well I just got home from my kid duty and survived.  The kids were delightful (8, 7, 3) and didn't fuss at bedtime.  The only downside is that I needed to use my oxygen again.  I've been huffing and puffing since Friday so back for another thorocentisis I go this week.  This tells me the lung filled back up in less than 24 hours.  Looks like I'm having another lung surgery next week.  Devil

l'll be on the lookout for another friend to be with me at the hospital so I've already started to pray about it.  I'm just hoping that this will be the end of the lung fluid.  Such as, where's the fluid going to go this time?

Lucy, I'm glad you got another round in and get to stay on the pill.  That's a big deal so go girl - keep it up!  Were you able to make it off to your camping trip tonight?  I hope so.  Praying for travel mercies and a good, camping week!  I too enjoyed our chat - I do much better in the talk department than I do in the writing department.  God put us together for a reason! 

Nancy, thanks for the kind words.  I agree that God knows my limits.  He also probably got tired of hearing me whine about stuff, lol.  Maybe I should go out and buy a lottery ticket!  I've never played but I'll bet I could figure it out ha ha.  You spend your last day with your mom - all of it!  You've gotten done what needs to be done.  Make some lemonade and bake some cookies and sit together on the couch all day and just hold each other.  I'm sure you'll find lots of things to reminisce together.  And, we'll pray for a safe trip home.

I'm bushed and it's nearly 12:30 a.m. so I'm off to bed.  Blessings all.  Sue

Aug 12, 2014 03:05AM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hi Sue,

Yes its late and I can't sleep. I heard my email so thought I would check it out. Sounds like you had a fun night Sue. Sorry to hear of your surgery. We will keep you lifted in prayer.  You know you can count on us for that support. 

Also would like to ask for prayer for my son as he is having issues with his liver and they are not sure what is wrong. His counts are dangerously elevated and he is not well. He is getting a referral tomorrow and hopefully going to the University of Washington. They tested him for all hepatitis' and he is negative. He has had GI issues for years and so they are saying he has a viral infection but it has to run it's course. But his counts continue to climb and we are praying for healing and answers. 

My DH continues to have his affliction as well with no dx but is I pain most of the time and on pain meds which he hates but can't function without otherwise. Please pray for both my guys for healing and dx. 

We didn't go camping as something pretty amazing happened yesterday after we spoke. Came across an opportunity to check out a nice home that is up for sale for 30k. Yes, 30k and it is a 3 bdrm 2 bath over 1300 sq ft. It is a very nice double wide mobile in a 55 and older community. We have been researching our options in downsizing and selling our house next spring. I have been praying and praying for God to direct us. This is like too good to be true. So we decided to stay home tonight because the drive was so hectic and we got home and were too tired ad DH leg was hurting too bad from our already long 2 hour drive to Seattle. We had the opportunity to talk with the realtor and she said she was in town and could show us the house now so we went and it was everything I wanted pretty much. Location, size, low to no maintenance yard, very nice area, quiet and it is hard to get into. Then this happens and I am in awe and humbled by what The Lord does for us if we trust and believe. So asking for prayer on Gods amazing gifts and favor and letting this all work for his good. 

Sue I was so inspired by our chat and your plans for retirement and writing. I have often thought about writing a book about my moms life. She was an amazing Christian woman and I truly believe an angel here on earth. Your journey has been amazing and you seem like such a strong woman and I just so admire that. You give me strength and confidence in planning for my future. 

Blessings Lady Warriors and remember God loves us all so very much. We are His precious daughters. Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 12, 2014 12:16PM GardenGal777 wrote:

It must have been one of those nights because I too was up at 12:20 EST. 

Sue: you are like the Enegizer Bunny...you keep taking a licking and keep on ticking. I am sorry to hear about another lung surgery. PTL for some funds toward your dentist costs and the great news about your computer. I am sure BB does not want the news media flashing this on television.Now we will pray that all your dental costs are met.

Lucy: I will add your son to my prayers as well as continued prayer for your husband and yourself. I will also pray that you are given complete peace over a move and that this is exactly where God wants you to be. My husband have been discussing a possible move in the near future if it be His will.

Nancy: Praying for a safe trip home and that you are taking time to enjoy your mother.

Deborah: Praying that you are enjoying your travels and are safe.

Sharon:  Hope your yard sale went well and you made a nice profit. Keeping your house sale, shoulder and other needs in prayer as well.

Mini, Bev, Carren, Angie, Kate, Kathy, Becky, Debbie in Ireland and anyone I missed: you are always on my mind, in my heart and prayers. 

Glenfae: Hope to hear that you are doing well after your surgery and that we are praying for you.

May all of you have wonderful kisses from God this week.

Char

Dx 8/18/2013 Surgery 10/17/2013 Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 12, 2014 05:16PM bestock wrote:

Dear Ladyb1234 how are you doing with your treatment??? I had to use similair drugs, they beat me up. I am stage 4 on a  chemo break right now..I cannot use taxol had 18 taxol treatments in 2003-2005 with ovarian cancer. so I get severe neuropathy and face neuropathy with it, but I had cytoxyn and epirubican... so glad 6 treatments are behind me... bless you

becky

Dx 2/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, mets, ER+, HER2- Dx 2/10/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/5/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2013 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 12, 2014 09:19PM Deborahanne wrote:

Dear Ladies, 

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers! God was most gracious and good to give my daughter and I an amazing time on our vacation. We went to Chincoteague and Assauteague Islands near Ocean City, Maryland and Virgina. The beaches are national seashores so they are especially clean and beautiful. The weather was perfect as my daughter and I laid comfortably prone on beach towels (with our summer clothing on), listening to the calming sound of the ebb and flow of the ocean waves. It was a perfect, peaceful experience.

I was reading through verses pertaining to the ocean and found this one especially good for it's reminder of God's sovereignty over all things.

"Do you not fear me? declares the LORD. Do you not tremble before me? I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it." Jeremiah 5:22

Knowing God is in control brings me great comfort. Even though I had my double mastectomies last year, followed by chemotherapy, and now preventive treatment with anastrozole/arimidex, I suppose most would consider me "cancer free" but I just can't seem to see it that way. God is in control of my destiny and if He so wills me to be cancer free then I will be, but if He desires the cancer to come back, then I'll travel that journey again knowing and trusting His perfect plan for now I more clearly understand 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 "For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

May we all be encouraged as we rest in the sovereignty of God, pressing on toward the great reward of spending eternity with our Savior in Heaven.

Love and continued prayers for you, Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 589 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Scroll to top button