Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 591 of 1,901 (19,004 results)

Aug 15, 2014 02:24AM - edited Aug 15, 2014 02:25AM by SpiritBlessing

Evening Lady Warriors,

Nancy sorry you're not feeling well. Hang in there and let us know how you're doing tomorrow. 

We are now settled in our campsite for the weekend R&R we had planned. The house deal didn't work out as we found there was a lot of work orders needed by the inspection that was shared to us by the realtor from the previous interested party. Don't have the time or energy or support to do all that right now. I trust God directed us so I feel blessed. We will continue to focus on our downsizing of our current home and belongings. We did learn some things through this process and downsizing is something we should do. We love our home and have been in it for over 20 years now. Just have to make some decisions and take baby steps. 

Bev nice pic glad you are having a nice time. 

Deborah so glad you had fun with your daughter. Those times are so special and needed. 

Angie praying the treatments are going well and your body is staying strong. 

Keep the prayers for my son coming as he was told today he will be scheduled for a liver biopsy. They are checking for auto immune hepatitis as the last blood test shows some possibility. He is scared and worried of course as we are. He is not a Christian but he knows he is being prayed for and welcomes them. 

I don't like that there is so much affliction going on with so many of us and so many of our friends and family. It is very disheartening. 

I will continue to pray for all of you. Have a pleasant Friday and a super weekend. Blessings Abundant...Lucy 

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 15, 2014 11:07AM Deborahanne wrote:

Good morning, Ladies!

I love seeing the pictures! 

Bev - I love that part of Texas - it's that way mostly along the entire western part of Texas. With Texas being so big, it's full of different geological regions giving great variety. If you and your husband go to the First Monday event in East Texas you can stay and camp in the Piney Woods.

Lucy - I love your camping scene. Enjoy your time with your husband. I'm praying for your son! For his tests, outcome, and his salvation. 

Nancy - I hope and pray you are feeling better today!

love and prayers, 

Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 15, 2014 07:30PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hello Lady Warriors, just thinking about all of you. Know I am praying...

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 15, 2014 08:06PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Lucy,

I hope your R & R weekend is like medicine to your soul. Thanks for the encouraging verses. I am still not feeling well. I think I have a stomach virus. It was a beautiful day here. I hope you are having some great weather where you are camping.  I've been praying for your husband and son. Have you heard from Sue. I am very concerned about her.

Deborah- Good to hear from you too.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love,

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 15, 2014 08:19PM GardenGal777 wrote:

Hi Gals,

It is a cool fall like day with temps going to 44 in the morning. At this rate I will be fortunate to have maters by October.

Love the pics ladies. Bev...send more. Love looking at scenery around the country.

Nancy: Hope and pray  you feel better. Rest dear sister.

Lucy: God will lead you to the right place at the right time. Loved your quotes and your camping photo. Will keep your son in prayer about his health and for his salvation.

Sue: Hope you are hanging in there and things are lining up for your surgery on Wed. 

I finished my scrapbook today that was long over due for a former teacher. Phew...nice to check things off lists.

Went to get peaches with my dad today and then visited my sister on her farm since she never seems to be able to leave it. My dad stayed for dinner since he is home alone while my nephew is away. I go back for round two in his yard tomorrow. I figure another 8 hour day.

Heading to bed. Haven't slept well for a few days. Probably teaching anxiety about heading back to teach again. Never fails...always have back to school nervousness. It's a common teacher thing no matter how many years one teaches.

Blessings,

Char

Dx 8/18/2013 Surgery 10/17/2013 Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 15, 2014 10:33PM milehighgirl wrote:

Good evening all.

So glad to see the pictures and to hear your updates.  I have been praying through the week for you and appreciate your prayers for me.  It has been a long week to put it mildly.

I did have chemo today as my labs finally came back good.  I have to go back to the hospital all weekend for my neupogen shots with the third one coming on Monday.  Hopefully the SE's from the chemo and shots will be minimal.  If the shots do their thing I should be able to get the 2nd half of the chemo next Friday with no follow up shots.

I have to meet with the surgeon on Monday before he says yes or no on the surgery on Wednesday.  My truncal/abdominal lymphedema is really bad right now so we don't know if the surgery will make it worse.  Then I'll likely have another thorocentesis on Monday afternoon because I'm already having trouble breathing (just had one on Wednesday, grrrrrrrr).  I'll never make it to Wednesday if I do end up having surgery.

So, all I've done this week is sit in a wheelchair at the hospital every day this week.  I'm supposed to work on Tuesday and I'm already tired thinking about it.  Looks like next week will be a long one too!

Have a good weekend!  Sue

Aug 15, 2014 11:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Dear Sue,

I can't send you flowers so I am doing the only thing I know to do. I am sending you flowers from my garden. Dear sister, I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this over and over again. I wish I could be there in person for you but know that you are loved and cared for and prayed for by me and all that know you here.

Love,

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 16, 2014 02:26AM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hi Sue,

So glad to hear from you. I am so sorry you have has a rough week. I so enjoy our phone chats. Had you on my mind lots today but not being home I couldn't call you on my cell today. My home phone is not long distance. I went on a walk at the place we are camping today and did some praying for all of us actually. That's why I posted those pics as I had so much praise to our Lord as I was praising and worshiping Him during my walk. I had a heavy heart today so this must have been why. 

Nancy those are beautiful flowers and just so needed.  Sue keep us posted next week so we know the status of your surgery. Praying for no SE's from the chemo my friend. Take comfort in knowing we are lifting you in prayer a lot. I mean think about it...if all of is are praying for each other at any given time of the day we could very well have prayer all day long...I love knowing that is possible. I pray all the time no matter where I am or what I am doing it just happens. You all are such a part of my prayer life now and I know that is how lots of us feel or we wouldn't be on this board, right?

What a wonderful source we have to give love, support, encouragement and prayer to amazing women of Christ!  I am so glad to be a part of all of you.

Sue I have a message from DH, he says to tell you that he is praying for you as well. He prays with me and we pray for all of you.  Tells you how much you all are a part of my life. Wished more would come on board. 

Good night Warriors...Lucy 

Aug 16, 2014 09:24AM milehighgirl wrote:

Wow Nancy.  I can tell you've had a nice mild summer.  Those flowers are gorgeous!  Oh do I miss my big midwestern flower gardens.  I have a little patio garden that I created with impatiens and daylillies and a few potted plants including one cherry tomato plant (Char I'd send you some if iI could).  The impatiens are doing well.  The daylillies this year bloomed big about six weeks ago and I haven't had a flower since!  I've never had that happen before.  Thank you Nancy for the beautiful gift.

So sorry you're not feeling well Nancy.  These bugs are a pain but we'll pray you though to wellness.  Sometimes it's God's gift to us (to slow us down Winking).  I figure when I'm sick, He's got me flat on my back and the only place I have to look is up.

Lucy, I'm so glad you were able to get away.  I'm also grateful for our chats as it's nice to be able to "fill in the gaps" that writing doeesn't allow.  I'm jealous!  I'm praying that this new chemo along with the neupogen shots and hopefully this second surgery will get my energy level back.  Thank you and DH for the wonderful prayers.  Despite my being up until 3:00 a.m. from my chemo pre-meds (steroids), I feel a little better this morning and I'm desperately going to try not to sleep away the day when I get back from the hospital.

Brrrr, cold Char!  I'd trade you some of our 90 degree heat.  Our nights are cool because of the altitude but not that cool!  Oh and I love peaches so bake a peach pie for me okay?

Now I have to figure out how to upload pictures.  Guess I better go find a five year olod to help me out!

Blessings.  Sue

Aug 16, 2014 09:39AM milehighgirl wrote:

"Sustenance"

"Purple Mountains Majesty"  Kathrine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" from the top of the peak in 1893!

Pike's Peak view from Garden of the Gods.

Page 591 of 1,901 (19,004 results)

Scroll to top button