We are 227,534 members in 83 forums discussing 159,323 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 593 of 595 (17,836 results)

Posts 17761 - 17790 (17,836 total)

Mar 22, 2020 03:47PM - edited Mar 22, 2020 10:20PM by bandwoman1234

Ade, I am glad you are staying put. Many of the items that are hard to get from Walmart are saying in store only so that doesn't help. Many places are opening doors an hour early only for seniors. My response to that which I copied from someone else is that if God wanted me to see a sunrise he would have put it at noon. LOL So far I am not without food and am thankful for every single meal more than ever.

Please pray for Joanne. She has been really sick and did have a bad cough which finally stopped. Her doctor basically said to stay put. You have to be in dire straits to get the virus test now. Her DH was sick but has recovered.

I do pray that God will shield all of us from this virus and that He will give each one of us the strength and comfort we need to get through this twilight zone that we are all living in now. As we have heard many times before...........God was not surprised at any of this. He knows how it will end. The comfort we have as Christians is that in the end we LIVE forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should give us all hope no matter how things look in the present.

It is snowing now in Illinois. Yep..................spring has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 22, 2020 04:13PM IntoLight wrote:

Praying for Joanne that her body will have the strength to recover.

My DH caught my granddaughter's cold and is also very sick. I am avoiding them both as much as possible but it is hard.

I Worshipped online this morning and am praising God for His presence even in a room surrounded by other busy noise. "Great is Thy faithfulness" was a great reminder and I need to listen to this everyday! Jesus felt abandoned on the cross yet his Father never left him. Sometimes we feel abandoned and alone yet the father is right beside us the whole time. Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Chris

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Mar 22, 2020 09:16PM Faith-840 wrote:

Joanne, praying that Our God of all healing gives you strength and total healing ASAP. Chris, also praying for you and your DH to recover quickly from those colds.

Nancy, I totally agree with you about the noon sunrise. LOL I am not an early riser either. Why do these stores open at 6:00 or 7:00 for us old people to shop. That's really not helpful for many of us.

Our church put a Mass online with just the pastor and staff participating and I was able to watch it. While not like the real thing, it was helpful to be able to pray and just be involved in some small way. I missed the choir most of all. It just is so spirit filled and uplifting to everyone. Easter services have been cancelled and I just can't imagine how that will feel. As a lifelong Catholic, I'm so used to Mass every Sunday and the Easter Tridium.is the highlight of our church year.

I pray none of us get this awful virus and that our country and the world weathers this storm and comes together in peace. I just keep wondering what lesson God is giving us to learn.

Love and prayers, stay safe and healthy!

Faith

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 24, 2020 03:11PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, praying you won't get sick. Faith, I had my worship time online as well. Who in the world could imagine the word toilet paper would be mentioned in a sermon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a setback yesterday and felt horrible. Today am better but my sinus stuff doesn't seem to want to let go. Since I tested totally negative to allergies not that long ago I can't blame it on that. I tried to copy from one of my devotionals today and it didn't work. Oh well. It was really good and it could have not been more appropriate for the twilight zone we are all living in now. This verse below was included and I changed it to the Message. We could include Covid 19 as our adversary. Love, Nancy
Isaiah 41:13 The Message (MSG)

11-13 "Count on it: Everyone who had it in for you
will end up out in the cold—
real losers.
Those who worked against you
will end up empty-handed—
nothing to show for their lives.
When you go out looking for your old adversaries
you won't find them—
Not a trace of your old enemies,
not even a memory.
That's right. Because I, your God,
have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go.
I'm telling you, 'Don't panic.
I'm right here to help you.'

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 24, 2020 05:55PM Ade wrote:

Praying for you all,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/27/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Mar 24, 2020 09:00PM Faith-840 wrote:

Dear friends, in the midst of all this awful craziness going on, I have a friend whose husband is having surgery tomorrow. They are looking for bladder cancer. Please pray for Ray and his wife that no cancer or anything awful is found. Illinois is really in the midst of this COVID 19 and worrying about cancer is so stressful.

I could also use a few prayers, my stomach has been bothering me a lot lately, feels like IBS possibilities but could be anxiety. I'm so stressed with this whole thing, with DH's issues adding to it. I'm really trying to trust in God that all will be well but it's hard right now. Also trusting that HE will take care of the TP! :-).

Lots of prayers and love,

Faith.

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 24, 2020 09:38PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Amen to that prayer Ade.

Faith, praying for Ray and his wife as he goes through surgery tomorrow. Praying that it will be a good outcome and that your protect him from any Coronavirus while at his surgery site. Faith, praying for your anxiety and stomach issues. Today's news of China as they have removed their lock down should give us hope that this will not go on forever.

Love,

Nancy

Mar 24, 2020 09:52PM Ade wrote:

Faith, praying for a safe, successful surgery for Ray and no cancer there or virus acquired, peace for his wife, and healing for you and the Lord's peace be with you during this and DH's issues. It is SO hard to stay steady in this, I know! I awaken in the night with anxiety and just have to recall all of the Lord's promises for protection and peace until He calms me down once again. We are humans (LADY humans at that!) and prone to fall into stress especially in THIS time. But our Lord is faithful and He is with us no matter what. We just have to remember He is there for us whether we are strong in the Lord or looking at the storm. We WILL get through this!

Please pray for a lovely elderly Christian sister, Loeva, who just lost her husband last night. That has to be especially rough right now.

Cyber-Hugs to you all,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/27/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Mar 25, 2020 09:09AM JO-5 wrote:

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Mar 25, 2020 11:09AM Faith-840 wrote:

Thank you my friends for your prayers. My friend’s husband Ray is out of surgery now but they won’t know until Monday about the results so I ask that you please keep them in your prayers.
Jo, your lovely banner is just right for today and always. Ade, I pray that your friend Loeva will be comforted in her lose of her husband.

Nancy, I hope all is well with you as we face this virus close to home. There are many cases at our local hospital.

Love and many prayers for all of us and the world,

Faith.

Mar 25, 2020 12:14PM Ade wrote:

Amen!

Keep looking up - The Lord reigns!

Ade

Mar 25, 2020 06:18PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Ade, I am praying for Loeva. Such an awful time to lose a loved one. Thank you for that prayer for our leaders. I was surprised to hear Dr. Ezike (sp?) (the Afro American woman head of public health that speaks with Trumps updates) saying she had to bury her father last month. I am sure she as all of the leaders that support our president during this unusual time we are living in are working around the clock to keep us as safe and healthy as possible and dealing with their own personal stress apart from this pandemic.

Faith, I am glad Ray made it through his. We'll be praying that it will be good news when he hears the results.

Joanne, thank you for that banner. I think all of us have come to moments of feeling overwhelmed but this twilight zone we are living in. How are you feeling?

Today is probably my most discouraging day. I slept for 10 1/2 hrs last night. I have only laid around all day and wondering if I will ever get well. If this were normal times I would probably make an apt with this new ENT that I saw a couple years ago but I will not go anyplace that is not absolutely necessary. I had a hair apt yesterday and my stylist offered to come to my home. I told her not now as a precaution for both of us. I have had some new symptoms the last couple of days which concerns me the fact that I started feeling chilled way back at the end of Feb and I haven't entirely got back to normal since then. I have days when I think I am okay and then I am not. I would appreciate your continued prayers.

Karen, how are you doing after your first treatment and working from home?

Take care dear sisters. We will get through this and hopefully be stronger and more united in our country.

Love,

Nancy

Mar 25, 2020 06:33PM etnasgrl wrote:

(((((Hugs))))) Nancy. Bless your heart, this is such a hard time.....magnified by what you have going on. It's so difficult and I am sorry that you are struggling and I will be praying for God to bring some comfort and reassurance to you. Not to mention, I will be praying for you to feel better and more like your old self. Hang in there, dear sister....God's got you!!

Heart
Ade...I will be praying for Loeva! I can not imagine losing a spouse at such a time like this. Heartbreaking.

Faith....I will be praying for Ray. So glad that he made it through the surgery well and will be praying for the best of results! Please keep us posted.

As for me.....tomorrow is my second treatment. My husband insists on taking me, but will not be allowed in, so will hang out in the car during my infusion. I hate that, but this is what he wants to do, so I am not going back and forth to treatment alone. Such a good guy!
Working from home has been challenging, ugh! They can not get my internet phone to work, so they are trying to train me to help out in a different department, that is swamped and short staffed. I truly work for such an incredible company as they are willing to do whatever it takes to keep me remote and working. I am blessed indeed! Not to mention, all of my co-workers sent me well wishes for tomorrow. I just treasure feeling so loved and cared for. I am truly humbled.
I got my head shaved on Sunday. Now, I no longer recognize the woman in the mirror. Very startling and unsettling....but it's just hair and it will grow back, right?? Ahhh this too shall pass.

Diagnosed at 41. Diagnosed 2nd time at 45. Dx 11/5/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/9/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/12/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 2/13/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 2/24/2020 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 3/19/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/19/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/3/2020 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Mar 25, 2020 06:35PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

I goofed. This doctor speaks daily with the Illinois Governor so most of you won't know who I am talking about except Faith. Can you tell I have lost my mind!!!!!!!!!

Mar 25, 2020 06:52PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Karen, we must have been posting at the same time and didn't see your post. I didn't think you would be having a second treatment so soon but will be praying for you. I am glad you have such a supportive husband that will stay in his car while you have your treatment inside. Maybe you will take a nap through it like last time. Getting your head shaved has to be a shock but you seem like you are handling it very well. I am glad you have supportive coworkers. Sorry that your internet phone has not been working but it sounds like your boss or whoever is responsible for your work at home is being flexible. I am a retired band director and was a professional musician for a while. At one point when I was performing I had my own teaching business in my home for several years. It is an adjustment but I enjoyed it but I had students coming all the time so it was not isolating like some people are experiencing. I did return to school as a band director. Now in retirement I am isolated. It is just Cammie and I. Today was the most beautiful day here and I hope I can go outside and enjoy it soon.

Just think how far you have come now that you have one chemo treatment already under your belt. You can do this!!!

Love,

Nancy

Mar 25, 2020 06:56PM etnasgrl wrote:

Nancy....I will get Taxol every week for 12 weeks. So, tomorrow will be treatment #2 and then only 10 more to go, yay! Can't wait to get into the single digits, lol!

Diagnosed at 41. Diagnosed 2nd time at 45. Dx 11/5/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/9/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/12/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 2/13/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 2/24/2020 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 3/19/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/19/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/3/2020 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Mar 25, 2020 07:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Mar 25, 2020 08:17PM - edited Mar 26, 2020 11:18AM by IntoLight

Karen, my husband goes with me to all my infusions and labs and chooses to sit in the car even before this quarantine time (he is retired.) He takes his iPad and just works out there. If the weather is bad he would come in, but mostly just sits outside. Sometimes he even has our granddaughter outside with him. My infusions only last an hour though so he rarely sits more than two hours total. Our husbands are a special breed! Praying for you that God will surround you with more special blessings.

Nancy, I am increasing my prayers for you. I am sorry you have to go through all of this alone and wish I were closer to at least visit from a distance across the room. Sending virtual hugs.

Ade, sorry to hear what Loeva has to go through. The timing makes losing a loved one even tougher.

Eighteen months ago I lost my very best friend to cancer, and yesterday her husband also passed from cancer. It has been difficult for her daughters and their five children to understand what all is going on. It makes it more difficult that nobody was able to visit. My husband was their pastor for many years and now he can't travel to be by their sides. Please pray for our ministers who brave the virus to meet the needs of others.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Mar 26, 2020 03:55AM etnasgrl wrote:

Chemo this morning and at 2am, I woke up, wide awake. Ugh! Guess I'll take a nap when they start the Benadryl pre-meds, lol! Thankfully, I am off today, so can come home and take a nice nap. (I hope!)
I spoke with the oncology nurse yesterday and she was telling me that cancer patients in active chemo are in the high risk group for COVID-19, which of course, I knew. She said that I should quarantine for the 12 weeks of my treatment and so should EVERYONE in my home. No going out, ANYWHERE and all groceries or other needed items should be delivered to the house and left outside for us to come and get. That's fine for me and my son, (who is 15 and doing school online right now), but my husband is a police officer and can NOT stay home, he HAS to work, and my step-daughter also has to work at Starbucks. The nurse told me that I should try to find some other place to stay where those around me can stay at home for 12 weeks.
My dad, who is 75, (also in the high risk group because of his age and some health issues), lives alone and has plenty of room for me to stay with him. I am going to speak with my oncologist today, at my infusion, to see what she says.....but I may have to move in with my dad for the next 3 months.
I will obviously do what I need to do to stay as healthy as possible.....but 3 months away from my family? Oh, how that breaks my heart.....especially since this is a time when I would need them and their support the most!

Mar 26, 2020 09:41AM - edited Mar 26, 2020 09:54AM by JO-5

I just saw this and thought I would share. There is a new scam having to do with the census.

It will be a text or email that looks like it is from the Census Bureau and looks legit.

Do not even open it. Delete.

When the real census starts everyone gets a letter in the mail. You may go to the site they give you and fill it out..or if you are not able to do that...you will receive the form in the mail.

Also be very careful about anything texted or email about the stimulus if you are eligible. They WILL NOT use either method.

I am amazed at people that open these things....Basically anything that says "click here" is a scam.

Joanne

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Mar 26, 2020 09:51AM - edited Mar 26, 2020 09:52AM by JO-5

Thanks to any of you that prayed for me and my husband.

He is better and I'm coming along. I'm still not going out because my immune system is not the best. No idea what we had. We had almost all the symptoms except trouble breathing but could not get tested. My reg temp is 97.5. At 98.6 I have a fever but no one wants to believe that. I had 99 for a short time. We are both better.. ..but very weak.

Prayers for all of you..(I cannot remember all the names) ..for whatever is going on. Praying that none of you get the virus.

Nancy, prayers that this bug you have will soon resolve! You've been sick for so long.

God help us all!

Joanne

Mar 26, 2020 05:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Karen, I just read an article written by an oncologist. She was saying that in this coronavirus era we are living in the way they treat cancer patients will have to change. I know this is a very hard pill to swallow knowing you must isolate yourself from your family. Apparently you are not alone in this type of needed separation. Some cancer patients that need surgery may not be able to have it because of the fear of getting infected by Covid 19. None of these things are what any cancer patient would want but you have already had your surgery and if isolating would save lives for your family it sounds like that is what you need to do. I am so sorry you have to deal with this added stress as if just undergoing treatments alone is not enough. This oncologist ended this article saying that cancer patients seem to rise to the occasion going through their treatments anyway and she said they will also rise to this new normal that they have to live with. Living with your father for the time necessary sounds like as good an option as any. Is his house big enough for you to stay a distance from each other. I can understand your anxiety and sadness surrounding this choice. My sister or myself cannot visit my Mom who is 94 with dementia and lives in a supportive living facility. It kills me to think she could die and we could not see her but we must do what we need to protect our families.

You could Facetime or Skype with your family possibly. My Mom doesn't have internet so we can't do that with her. We will be praying for you as you have to make tough choices, still work and coping with all of these unexpected things. You will get through this but it is going to be more challenging than you had figured.

Chris, thank you for your prayers. I had some chest tightness last night and while in bed this morning I was debating whether I should do something as my lungs did not feel right. When I did get up I felt some better so I am going to still wait. At this point I want to stay as far away from any medical clinics as I can unless absolutely necessary. I am really sorry to hear that your deceased best friends spouse has passed away as well. This new era we are living in makes funerals sometimes impossible to even have in this current situation we are in. I feel for the family and friends who are not able to be their to support them in their grief in the normal ways that would have happened prior to this pandemic. I am sorry for your loss as I imagine you knew him well too. As far as you are concerned maybe you need to speak to your family when you are not up to doing certain tasks and have them step up more. I know that is easier said than done especially if you have a personality like you do.

Joanne, thanks for the heads up on these scams. Unfortunately there are always those that want to take advantage in tragedies and apparently this era we are in now will be a breeding ground for these people. I pray that you and Dan will get your strength back. I am weak too but without swimming for a month it is taking it's toll so I don't know how much is sickness or just what.

Take care everyone. I know that these times will eventually pass but I pray God will give us all an extra portion of His strength during this difficult time.

Love,

Nancy

Mar 26, 2020 06:20PM etnasgrl wrote:

Okay....update! I spoke with my oncologist today and she said that what the nurse told me was general guidelines for all chemo patients. I explained my situation and she suggested that when my husband and step-daughter come home from work, they should enter the house from a separate entrance, one that I will not use. They should take off their shoes and keep them by the door to that entrance. Use hand sanitizer before walking into the house and wipe down or spray Lysol on any surfaces they touch. If they take those precautions, it should be just fine. I should be able to stay at home, without having to move in with my dad. If ANYONE in the house develops a fever, cough, or other sickness symptoms, THEN would be the time to leave and stay with my dad. So....that's the plan for now! I feel better knowing that I can stay at home with my family for the time being.

Happy

Second Taxol infusion today and it was interesting to say the least. Got my pre-meds, got my Herceptin, and then the Taxol. About 5 minutes into the Taxol, my head started buzzing, I literally saw stars and my vision started going in and out. Then, it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and my heart was POUNDING. I could breathe, but I could feel my throat closing, SO scary! The nurses were on it in a flash! They stopped the Taxol and quickly pushed Benadryl and more steroids. They took my blood pressure and it was 194/102!!! And my lower back was killing me. It felt like someone kicked me HARD in the back. About 20 seconds after stopping the Taxol, all those symptoms went away and I felt normal again. I was, however shaking like a leaf. About 10 minutes after the Benadryl and steroids, the shaking stopped. Half an hour later, they took my blood pressure again.....133/72....whew!!! Much better! They started the Taxol again and no further issues.
The nurse told me that about 60% of patients have a reaction on the second Taxol infusion, so it was totally normal. They said I may or may not have a reaction again on the next infusion, but will get with my oncologist to have her order a higher pre-med dose of the Benadryl and steroids, which should prevent it from happening again.
What fun!
Home now and feeling fine. A little sleepy, but that is from waking up so dang early and all the Benadryl. Being lazy for the rest of the day, lying on the couch, watching Little House on the Prairie. If last week is any indication, I should feel okay until the weekend, when the joint pain, muscle aches start to kick in. We shall see.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Mar 26, 2020 09:04PM Ade wrote:

Blessings upon your night dear sisters, you're all in my prayers.

Ade

Mar 26, 2020 10:26PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Karen, I am glad to hear that you can still stay home albeit with careful precautions. Your treatment sounded very scary and hopefully the next one will be much less dramatic with more preventive meds in place. Glad you had a chance to do nothing today.

Ade, a beautiful sunset. Thanks for sharing. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

Mar 26, 2020 10:52PM Faith-840 wrote:

Nancy, I’m so sorry you still aren’t feeling well. Maybe you could do a telemedicine call with your doctors office and get an order for a Coronavirus test at a drive thru site and not have to come in contact with anyone. You’ve been sick much too long. Or just a telemedicine for an antibiotic RX.

Etnasgrl, I am in awe of your attitude dealing with this cancer treatment. If I had had that reaction to my chemo years ago, I probably would have had a heart attack from the anxiety of it all. So glad to hear you can stay at home with your family. You really need them right now.

Chris, you need to take Nancy’s advice and ask for help when you’re not feeling well. I also sometimes or a lot of the time feel as if I have to do everything also and it’s very stressful. So I’ve started to ask DH for some help and he’s willing usually but right now, he feels worse than I do. We are really a pair. I’m guessing a lot of you out there reading this feel the same way.

Ade, thank you for the beautiful sunset to end the day. Blessings on your night and everyone’s nights and days. You are all in my prayers. As Joanne said “God help us all”.

Love,

Faith.

Mar 27, 2020 03:37AM etnasgrl wrote:

Nancy, how are you feeling today??? I've been thinking of you and praying that you start to feel better. ((((Hugs)))) You are so loved, my dear sister!!

Hug

Heart

Mar 27, 2020 02:39PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Faith, I'll give it a few more days and see. I had another night of not going to sleep until around 4 so those days just don't help at all. I still have a headache and I think I my sinuses are not draining as they should. I have a cough in the morning but it seems to go away. It is the lungs that concern me and it has been a fleeting thing so I just don't know. I never made an apt with my bs after they canceled on me for my follow up. His office is at Edward's Hospital and I am planning on staying away from all of that for a long time. I don't know what they would do for me in an online visit. I'll wait and see if I get better.

Karen, you are sweet to ask about me with all the things you are going through. I think if I had gotten a good night's sleep I would feel much better but I didn't so................ kind of like a zombie today.

I need to tell my neighbors I need some groceries but I was hoping they would ask first. I hate to bother people but I really do need things that are running low.

I splurged and bought an orchid online from this nursery that I go to out of town that has all of these beautiful orchids. I bought one that is not in bloom yet and that means that after my current ones that are really beautiful now looses their blooms then hopefully this one will be in full bloom much later. I am an avid flower gardener but this year may not happen outside like I usually do. In my stay at home order I have watched many orchid how to videos and have learned alot. Hopefully I will not kill these off!!!

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Mar 27, 2020 03:04PM IntoLight wrote:

Nancy, I totally understand your hesitation to avoid medical facilities right now, but don't wait too long. I will pray God gives you wisdom to make the right decision. The last time I noticed the clock before I finally went to sleep last night (this morning?) was 5:00 am so I am joining you in zombie land today. When I did wake up, I discovered I had caught the family cold. Yes, I was only well one month before I caught another cold. My family tried to sanitize and avoid me, but with the quarantine and living in a small condo it was inevitable. I too will try to tough it out and avoid the doctor's office if possible. When I emailed my oncologist (about another issue) there was a note stating that she would be out until April 7th. I hope she doesn't have COVID but she does work in a busy hospital.

I did ask my daughter to fix my lunch and don't plan on doing anything the rest of the day.

Ade, beautiful sunset. The sunset has moved behind the building for the summer so our sunsets will not be quite as beautiful. During the winter we like to stand on the deck and watch the sun slip into the water.

Thinking and praying for you all today.

Mar 27, 2020 05:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, I had been praying you would NOT catch anything from your family. I am so sorry you did get it. I am praying it will pass quickly.

I do have an urgent prayer request. One of our pastors has Covid 19 with pneumonia and is in serious condition. His son is also one of our pastors and my prayer is that the Lord would heal this pastor and protect all of his family that has been exposed. The Chicago area is quickly becoming a hot spot now. I am so relieved that the county that my family downstate lives in has NO infections as of today.

Jean, I hope you are staying inside and that you have relatives that can get groceries for you as you reside in NY.

God be with us all in this crisis.

Love,

Nancy

Page 593 of 595 (17,836 results)