Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 595 of 1,884 (18,839 results)

Aug 19, 2014 10:11PM Deborahanne wrote:

I really should be in bed,  but I wanted to catch up. I love seeing all the pictures and encouraging words and verses! 

Nancy, I'm so glad your ears stopped ringing! I'm praying you'll get completely well from the stomach virus and that you'll see your eye doctor ASAP! And praying your eye problem is resolved. 

Sue, you amaze me when I consider all you are going through. I'm praying God will bring you comfort and help to deal with the lung condition and that your side effects will be tolerable. I'm praying the surgery next week will be successful. 

Anita, you also are in my prayers. I hate that you and Sue are having the neuropathy issues keeping you from being ambulatory. I'm praying this doesn't get worst and resolves. I'm also praying for your bil. 

Char, praying for you as you go back to teaching. 

Lucy, glad you had a good trip. I wear a pedometer daily and find it very motivating. I'd like to reach 10k daily but rarely get there. I aim to get at least 5k and many days I'm close to 8k. The amount of vit D3 you are taking seems like a lot. I'm thinking about asking MO to check my vit D level in early September when I see him. 

Sharon, praying for the sale of your home and your sub teaching job. 

Bev, I'll be catching up with you soon. 

All others who haven't posted in a while - you are in my prayers. 

Love, Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 19, 2014 10:17PM - edited Aug 19, 2014 10:19PM by milehighgirl

Hello dear sisters.  It's late here but I'm up waiting to take the last pills of the night.  Also crashed when I got home from work and took a nap I didn't want to take but really needed, lol.

Bev, what a great post.  Love the canyon picture - amazing that it's Texas isn't it?

Anita, so glad your BIL is getting treatments.  They're telling him there's "a future and a hope" and giving him a reason to fight on.  Go Mike!  I too need to do the eye doctor thing but can't seem to find  reason to add yet one more appointment to my week.  Hmmm, I wonder why, ha ha.

Nancy, so glad you're feeling a little bit better.  Don't jump the gun though.  Rest, rest and rest some more until you've kicked the bug.

I survived my day at work but realized that I just can't do this any more.  I got a call from the hospital social worker I saw on Friday and she thinks I should qualify for assistance that would help with the lost income if I quit.  I've been there a long time so it's hard to let it go.

Nancy, I work at a little market about a 1/2 hour from home.  Love my boss and the customers but can't handle being on my feet for 8 hours, even though it's only once a week now.  It's my retirement job.Smile

Char you're right - quiet makes me nervous too but maybe it just means the Lord is moving mountains out of our way when we only see the little speed bumps in the road. 

Hope everyone had a great day.  Blessings.  Sue

Aug 20, 2014 06:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Sue,

I hope you had a day of rest. I can't imagine you being on your feet 8 hrs a day. As much as you like this place it sounds like a wise decision to give it up. Hopefully this financial assistance will be available for you to access. How is your breathing? Does your lung surgery have to do with the lymph fluid or is it something unrelated but still affecting your breathing? I don't mean to pry but I am just concerned about you.  

I am praying that this surgery will solve your breathing problems completely.

I was running out of groceries so I had to get out today and run some errands. I don't feel like dancing a jig but I feel some better. Trying to take it easy as much as I can.

Know I am praying for you and everyone else as well.

Anita, I hope Mike did well with his first chemo. I think it was today.

Deborah- I hope to get into the eye doctor when I feel like I am much better. Thanks for your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 20, 2014 09:12PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Sue - it was great chatting with you today. So glad you were feeling a little bit better. Thanks so much for the cabbage recipe, made it for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I agree about adding more doc appts I had to see my dentist but kept putting it off for my cleaning. They sure needed it after my chemo for 6 months. My dentist wants to see if I can get them cleaned every 3 or 4 months now. I hope they approve. I know it's hard to make that final decision to retire but remember you have some books to write. 

Char keep up the training on running. Your knee is getting stronger for sure. 

Nancy so glad your ears have stopped ringing. I can't imagine how that would be so happy for you. 

Anita how is your BIL doing?  Avastin is not too bad, the only we I have really had was constipation so I take senokot every night. High blood pressure is also one and I have been on it since 11/25/13 and it is just now starting to affect it a little. I have it every 2 weeks as part of my study trial.

I had a good day couple of days at work today and will go in tomorrow. I can't believe the week is almost over. My boss brought me another huge basket of veggies and a box of fruit from his garden. He also brought me a cooler of elk meat and some fish. He and his wife are so generous and such a blessing to me. I pray blessings abundant to them. DH got his leg brace which is good. But have test results from knee MRI and he has a year in his minescus not sure on the spelling lol. You know I have heard that if we have a lot of trials it's because God believes we are strong enough to handle it. But some days I really feel like enough is enough, right?  I actually had someone tell me; if anyone could get  cancer it would be you because you are so strong emotionally mentally and physically to deal with it. At first I was like oh wow that is cool...but then I realized that is almost cruel...interesting thought!

Well sisters chat later...Lucy 

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 20, 2014 11:14PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Glad to hear Sue is a bit better and that you, Lucy had some good days at work. I think God refines us to reflect His glory through us. That unfortunately requires pain and discomfort. It is so nice that your boss is nice to you and brings you nice and healthy food. That's awesome. In my time in the word today I was reading the passage that God is my portion. That is one of my favorite versus. Every single thing we need comes through Him. If we are asking something from Him and He says no we have to trust that it is not for us either at that time or ever. We are all learning on this journey and stretching our faith muscles along the way. No one promised it would be easy but it is much harder trying it on our own power. We are going from Glory to Glory. PTL!

Have a restful sleep everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 21, 2014 02:05PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Sue, I am sending you a dozen roses from my garden. Hope this cheers you up. Know I am praying for you now and for your surgery next week.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 21, 2014 02:34PM saltyjack wrote:

wow, we certainly have a bunch of gardeners among us! I just love all the pictures and am so impressed....sure puts my yard to shame. As a northerner (I grew up in New Jersey and lived most of my adult life in central Pennsylvania), I'm still discovering how different southern gardening is. I stopped at the local nursery today (70% off all the remaining stock - there are tons of plants to choose from and they all look wonderful, not like end-of-season leftovers!). I'm already making plans to go back with my husband and his truck - we'll get a palm, banana and maybe even plumeria.  Of course, it's so dry here, I'll be hauling water but it will be worth it (at least I hope!).

I'm so glad you're feeling better Nancy/BW. Sue, hope you can feel all the prayers surrounding you these days.  Lucy, I'll be praying for you and your husband. So glad you have such a great support group of friends. God certainly has been giving us all lots of kisses these days.

love y'all - Bev

God's will won't put me where His presence won't sustain me. (from "The Red Sea Rules" by John Morgan) Dx 8/12/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 8/29/2013 AC Targeted Therapy 11/21/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/21/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/21/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/6/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 5/31/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 21, 2014 07:04PM milehighgirl wrote:

Good evening ladies.  Hope everyone is well.

Nancy thank you for the pix.  The flowers are beautiful.  I can tell you've had a nice mild summer with plenty of rain.  I sure hope you have someone to mow for you, lol.  Everything out here is so small because land is so expensive.  I tend to forget about those nice big Midwestern yards.

Well, I am officially scheduled for my surgery next week.  I'm scheduled on Tuesday at 9:00 mountain time.  I'm a little nervous about it because I don't know where the fluid will go this time around.  I'm hoping it doesn't affect the lymphedema and make it worse.

Tomorrow I'm also scheduled for another thorocentesis.  I told the nurse today I know I'd need one by Monday and wasn't sure I'd make it through the weekend.  Even though I just had one on Monday they went ahead and scheduled me for tomorrow.  I also had  visit from the home nurse.  Spent most of the day on the phone with various providers, none of whom can come out until after I get out of the hospital but at least they have the ball rolling.

I fell asleep late afternoon and realized I'm near my day 8 droop from the chemo.  Glad it will be behind me by next week so it doesn't affect my counts.

Know how much I appreciate everyone's prayers and that I lift each of you up as well.

Blessings to all.  Sue

Aug 21, 2014 09:51PM ADJ wrote:

thank you all for continued prayers, I, too, am praying, joining my faith with yours as we believe for miracles. My sis said they have been able to start 6 weeks of rads and also his chemo. My bil is able to follow commands and swallow pills. She is getting a lot of visitors and some help, and led me to a website for Jennifer Cares, a support for caregivers.  Seems wonderful and very timely, as my DH is close to losing it.

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/6/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/6/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/27/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/26/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/28/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/17/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/18/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/22/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 21, 2014 10:20PM milehighgirl wrote:

Anita, thank you for the update.  The website does sound like it would be helpful.  I got to thinking that there is a thread for caregivers on this site that might help your DH.  I also had an idea that as we've gotten to know each other through this thread, it too has been very helpful.  However there is something about talking (over writing) that does wonders for me.  Since this is a Christian forum, maybe your husbands could connect with each other, either by PM, email or by phone.  Or maybe we could start a thread for Christian caregivers and let the guys take it from there.  Just a thought.

It is so important for caregivers to have support.  It's isolating and one of the hardest jobs out there without a day off.  Unless there's a specific prayer request for one of the DH's, I tend to forget to pray for all the other DH's out there.  I'm adding that to my daily prayer list.  Thanks Anita!

Blessings.  Sue

Page 595 of 1,884 (18,839 results)

Scroll to top button