Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 600 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Aug 27, 2014 11:15AM ADJ wrote:

WIt, are you kidding me? Of course not, not with Jesus on our side. 

Lucy, I was burdened with Isa. 41:10 + 13 but could not get my ipad to go to this web site site so I  could post it, and there you did!

Ah yes,

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/7/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/7/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/26/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/28/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/27/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/29/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/22/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/18/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/19/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/23/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 27, 2014 01:58PM milehighgirl wrote:

Hello ladies.  I'm super excited that I can get on the internet!  Thank heaven for new computers!  I only have 9 fingers to type with because of all the tubes and wires so forgive me in advance for the typos.  Thanks for the picture Nancy - how fun!

As Lucy shared yesterday the surgery went well.  I was pretty sore and the coughing made it worse but I was told that was helpful to the healing.  I slept on and off through the night and actually felt better this morning.  I started walking a little bit this morning and that too will help in the healing process.

All told I'm not doing too bad.  Thank you al for your prayers -  they were definitely felt and answered in a great way.

Blessings.  Sue

Aug 27, 2014 02:57PM - edited Aug 27, 2014 03:02PM by bandwoman1234

Wooooohoooooooooooooo Sue is back!

I am so thrilled to see your post. All in all it sounds like you are doing VERY well. PTL! We have all been praying up a storm on your behalf and it sure sounds like those prayers are being answered. Walking is a good thing and I am so glad you are able to do that. I am praying that the fluid will vanish and that you will get your strength back soon. Lucy has been great to update us all yesterday. Take care dear sister and know we will pray you through this! You ARE beautiful!

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 27, 2014 03:00PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Carren, Glad to hear from you. Glad you made it back to work but remember to take it SLOW! I am glad you have some home health care nurses too to help you out. Take care.

Anita and Angie, I hope your chemo today goes well and that there will be no bad SE's for you both.

Char, I know students are coming tomorrow. Have been praying for the night before jitters. You will be fine and I bet you are an awesome teacher!

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 27, 2014 05:14PM GardenGal777 wrote:

welcome back Carren. Will continue to keep you in prayer. I think many here know the issues or conflict with no money and work. Remember that God takes care of every sparrow and He knows how many hairs (even if not visible) are on our head soHe certainly knows every need. Also take no care for tomorrow as Stated in Matthew 6:34.

Sue: so good to hear from you Gaaloway. Yes coughing even if it hurts is Our body's way to break up congestion or clear fluids. Keep following directions and I know you will be back home soon. We got you covered in prayer.

Char

Dx 8/18/2013 Surgery 10/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 27, 2014 06:12PM - edited Aug 27, 2014 06:13PM by ladyb1234

Sue, so glad to see your post!  Woot Woot! PTL!  As others have said we are praying fervently for your healing and speedy recovery. Rejoicing on the good report.

Carren, I often think of Job and read that portion of scripture during this journey and pressing more towards God.  As I know this is my journey, but I want to glorify His Name and draw those to Him through my daily testimony.  As the Word Says, "And I,if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32.  

Thanks all for the prayers.  I am home from my second chemo.  I have my spiritual armor on and my earthly weapons (medicine) ready to fight any side effects.  Thanks for the scriptures and words of Wisdom.

Have a good day Lady Warriors!

-Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary

Aug 27, 2014 07:48PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Great to see your post Sue...made me smile Happy!  So glad you are able to post so keep us posted.  Stay strong and stay up and walking and rest as well.  You will be home soon.  You are in our prayers so take comfort in that for sure. 

Angie so glad you got through your day!  Yes you do have the earthly weapons as we all do.  Keep us posted as we also pray for your minimal to no se's. 

Anita...I had an issue with trying to get on and post the night before Sue went to the hospital but couldn't on my laptop or phone.  It is the enemy you know, he doesn't want us to support one another and pray.  But too bad...that is what we are all here for and we are being obedient daughters as we pray for one another.  I shared this with Sue too, I felt bad as I had company show up and it was after 9:30 when they left and I wanted to call her before she went to bed and couldn't call her or post her a message.  I am good to go now however...interesting.

Blessings Sister Warriors...love ya Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 27, 2014 11:42PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Good night everyone. Have a restful night. I took this picture a couple years on the grounds of my church.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 28, 2014 02:57PM Deborahanne wrote:

Hello Ladies - WOW it's been so busy on here! 

I really should try to post everyday to keep up, but with everything else going on in my life, it seems I mostly just manage to read your posts and pray. 

Lucy, I'm so glad you could communicate with Sue and keep us updated. And I'm praising God that your scans are showing everything is stable, I'm praying you'll have even more encouraging news the next time you have scans.

Sue, I'm so thankful to God you are doing well after the surgery. May this surgery be a great success! 

Angie - I'm praying for you. The chemo can get a little tough, but God will carry you through. Try to drink lots of water and get up and walk around - don't be concerned if you have some days where you are mostly on the couch. There will days where you will feel stronger and better.

Anita - I'm praying for you as well as you go through more chemo. 

Carren - Glad to hear from you. Take it easy and may God help you each and every day.

Kate - I've been praying for you and the difficult situation you've been placed in with your sister. I hope you received good news yesterday when you got the report for the second reading of the scans. As a nurse I'm reminded of the time when I actively worked in a teaching hospital, it was common to say MD doesn't stand for "Medical Deity". We must rest in the Lord and not fully in the medical profession. God is the great physician and my prayer is that He is healing you by providing the best doctors for you and that He will supernaturally heal you. May He bring you great comfort and peace in whatever situation you are placed in. I'm so thankful for all God has done for you and your family this summer - you have a beautiful family! 

Bev - is that I new picture of you or am I just paying more attention to it now? You are looking great!

Sharon - I'm praying for you as you have so much to do with work, and getting ready for a future move.

Nancy - your pictures are wonderful! I'm so glad one got published! Even though they didn't mention what you were doing when you took the swan picture, you may have still touched someone's heart by sharing that. Are you starting to feel better? I'm praying you are. 

Char - I hope the first day back to work is going well! 

I'm doing pretty well. I will see my oncologist on Tuesday. It's been almost exactly a year since MO suggested chemo. I was surprised and a little in shock so he gave me Labor Day weekend to decide whether to have chemo or not. Since I'd had double mastectomies and my lymph nodes were clear I assumed that I wouldn't need chemo, so when it was strongly recommended, I knew then that the cancer was more serious than I previously thought. Also, since I didn't feel sick, it was really hard to decide to go through chemo to make myself sick so I could stay healthy. Tomorrow, my husband and I are celebrating out 37th wedding anniversary - it was actually on the 20th but with my husband's work schedule, tomorrow is our first opportunity to spend the day and evening together. Cancer certainly makes you appreciate all the many blessings God gives us! Here are a few pictures of how well our garden is doing - all thanks to God for providing excellent weather and a husband who likes to tend to the garden. 

love and prayers, Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/25/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/6/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/10/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 28, 2014 04:38PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Deborah,

You pictures look great! Thanks for your nice comments about mine. Great to here from you. Glad to hear that you have been busy and not under the weather.

Sue, How are you feeling today? Still praying for a quick recovery and that the lymph fluid will evaporate or whatever it does to go away where it is NOT supposed to be.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I am finally feeling quite good today for the first time. I am so relieved that maybe this was just a long virus that is over now.

Have a great day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Page 600 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Scroll to top button