Join Us

We are 219,579 members in 84 forums discussing 161,577 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 614 of 623 (18,688 results)

Posts 18391 - 18420 (18,688 total)

Oct 24, 2020 09:51PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Karen,

I hope Isaiah 50:7 has been your verse to sustain you during your chemo and your surgeries. It is good to hear from you and I know going through your treatments and bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction could not have been easy under normal circumstances but during a pandemic is really amazing and I am sure very scary as well. I am glad to hear you are back to work. That is a huge step forward in what has been a long journey for you I would imagine. I hope you can adjust to working and that you will be on the road to a full recovery. I know you will still have your targeted therapy for a while based on how some of my other friends from this forum with HER + have had to do.

Thank you for your condolences. I just got back home on Thursday night and trying to go through my pile of mail. It will not be an easy thing for me but God has seen me through so far in this new normal. I am still dealing with legal issues which take time and still closing accounts etc for my Mom. Now owning my own house and half of my parent's house with my sister seems very strange and surreal. We will want to do what we need to and sell as soon as we can get a plan together since I am three hours away and my sister is twenty minutes from the house.

Take care and let us know how you are doing and how we can pray for you.

I do appreciate everyone's support during this most difficult time.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 25, 2020 01:11PM zjrosenthal wrote:

Here is a view of God's autumn splendor from my back deck. The mountains in the far back are the Shwangunks where they do rock climbing. Love, Jean

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 25, 2020 01:34PM IntoLight wrote:

Jean, beautiful picture!

Etnasgrl, so glad to hear you are recovering and back at work. I am always amazed with you ladies who go back to work after your incredible surgeries.

Nancy, thinking of you this morning.

My daughter and I are considering a quick trip to AZ to visit my auntie (it's about six hours by car.) We were supposed to go last April until the Covid hit. Since my DD and DGD are both doing online schooling, and my daughter's clinicals are over for the semester, it is possible. We did a half-hour (kindergarten) using the phone for my grand-daughter while we traveled to the pumpkin patch the other day and it worked fine. My husband will stay home and deal with the painters (outside condo painting.) I can visit my new sister while there too. Hopefully it will provide a much needed mental boost. This is the best window for me in between medical appointments, etc., until after Christmas. That is the only positive about the quarantine--online schooling means flexible locations.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Oct 26, 2020 03:18PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, you have a beautiful view to enjoy in all seasons but especially in autumn.

Chris, thank you. The last couple of days have been really tough as the reality sets in.

I do hope that you can take your trip to AZ. It would be a great relief from the stress of the remote learning and it would be great to see your new sister and your aunt. Hopefully your daughter can take over the remote learning for a while. I am praying this will happen for you.

There never seems to be a dull moment. I have a mouse living in my bedroom. In the middle of the night I heard something rustling two nights ago. Last night a repeat except this time I actually saw it. I can't set a trap in my bedroom because of Cammie but I did set the live trap. I bought this natural repellant which has very strong cinnamon smell and put that on a paper towel on the floor. I don't know if it repelled the mouse but it was way too strong for me!!! This morning the nasty critter left many deposits by the paper towel with the repellant on it. I think it was sending a strong message that it was NOT happy about my deposit!

PS Cammie is on guard as she tried to get it last night.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 27, 2020 02:46PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Ade, how are you and James doing? Praying for you both.

Woke up to more snow on the roof....no accumulation though. I still have plants in containers to deal with.

Have a good day dear sisters. I think I got my unwanted bedroom visitor....if not him then his cousin.

Love,

Nancy

Oct 29, 2020 02:17PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

I found out that the courthouse where I filed my Mom's will had an outbreak of Covid and are closing that office. I called them to see if I had to quarantine and they said no, these people were out sick that are suspected of having it.

I would ask your prayers for an upcoming procedure. I have to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis. I saw my oncologist yesterday. She is not too worried but wants to be on the safe side as there are some issues with the adrenal gland and the liver. What I didn't realize is that there is a lot more prep for this than my other CT scans. I hydrate a ton before these procedures that require an IV which this one does. However I can't have any food or water four hrs before the procedure and will be drinking barium stuff. Please pray that I they will be able to get a vein that will work and that these things showing up will be nothing serious.

Love,

Nancy

Oct 29, 2020 04:24PM IntoLight wrote:

Nancy, so sorry to hear about your upcoming procedure. I will pray that they find a vein and that you tolerate the contrast and CT well. But mostly, I pray that the results show nothing of concern.

Ade, how are you and James doing? I have been thinking of you.

Still planning on taking the short road trip to AZ. Had a video appt with my onc today and she moved my scan back a month since my results show good, but she wants no reduction in my meds. I guess I just have to deal with the side effects while I am away. It will be good to not have to worry about interrupting Christmas with a scan.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Oct 29, 2020 09:31PM Faith-840 wrote:

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear you need a CT scan and pray that they don't find any problems. I also have trouble with them finding a vein for the IV since they can only use my right arm. Besides hydrating well, it helps to keep it very warm and I also pump my arm a bit before they try to find the vein. That seems to help. I sure hope you get rid of your mouse, that would freak me out and I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep if I thought it was running around. Glad to hear that you probably weren't exposed to Covid. It's getting so scary again with the numbers rising. We were actually going to celebrate our 60th anniversary on Saturday with the kids at a restaurant and then of course, the governor stopped indoor dining again. So we got take out instead from the restaurant and ate here. It was a nice evening but I'm sure tired of staying home. I hope you've been able to finalize all the details with your mom's death and that each day gets a little easier for you knowing she is at peace.

Thanks for asking, I think my anxiety and depression are starting to get a little better with this new medication and talking to a different therapist. And for some reason, without going to anymore PT, my sciatica is also a little better. I have been trying to do the exercises on my own and walking on the treadmill and it seems to be helping.

Chris, your trip to AZ sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I'm sure that will be a wonderful break for you and will lift your spirits. It's great that your tests are good but it would be nice if they could reduce your meds so the SE's wouldn't be so bad. Enjoy your trip and I'll pray that you feel good while there.

Jean, I love your autumn picture with the Mountain View. There is something so special about seeing the mountains daily. One of our daughters lives in Idaho and also has a view of the mountains from her backyard. I love visiting there. If we didn't have three other children near us, we'd consider moving out there.

Ade, I think of you and James often.Hope all is okay with both of you.

Love and prayers for everyone here,

Faith (in the future)

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/3/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 29, 2020 11:19PM - edited Nov 6, 2020 09:13PM by Teka

This Post was deleted by Teka.
Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Oct 30, 2020 02:32PM HersheyKiss wrote:

Nancy, I am a "tough stick" too. I pray that your technician is very skilled, the IV goes in without a hitch, and the results are benign.

I've never had a mouse in the house until this year. At least two got into our ductwork. We heard them jumping around in the vents and scurrying about in the trunk lines. We set traps and got one, but it took almost two weeks. I hope they don't have a nursery in there!?

Dx 3/1/2017, ILC, Left, 2cm, Grade 1, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 30, 2020 03:19PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, thank you. I just scheduled the CT for Thursday, Nov. 5. I have to have blood work and pick up my barium to drink on a day before. Sounds like fun times coming for me. I am a bit nervous knowing all that is involved. At least I now know that the blood work doesn't happen on the same day. I couldn't figure out how all of this was going to work. I hope you have a wonderful time on your road trip to AZ. Stay safe!!!

Faith, thanks for the tips. Since I won't be able to hydrate much right before the CT scan because of the barium it will be in the Lord's hands. Those needles are bigger and that is part of the issue compared with regular blood work which is a challenge anyway. I am so glad to hear you are doing better on all fronts. That is great news and answers to many prayers for you. BTW. I did catch the mouse and actually rather quickly. He found his way downstairs to my trap in the kitchen where Cammie couldn't get to it or at least I am hoping it is the same mouse. I have not hear him in the bedroom since catching the one downstairs. Scroll down to see my post for you.

Teka, thank you for the pretty banner. Yes, she is at peace and that does give me peace. The grief comes in waves and some times are better than others. Are you hunkering down for the cold weather? I am really not ready for this and I am going to try to continue walking in the winter. I don't feel safe joining a new Y to swim just yet.

Hershey, thank you. I am too praying for a skilled technician. I bought these wicked reusable traps on Amazon and there were 10 in a package. They are really heavy duty and they have a little cup to put peanut butter. It has worked for me since I got these last winter. I have two different kinds of mice that have made their way inside and it has worked on both. Field mice and the common gray mice. Mine have not got into the ductwork. That would be a challenge. Hoping no new ones either!!!! I have no idea where mine are getting in. I have plugged up places that I thought they could enter. This is the first mouse of the season so I am hoping it will be the last. I also bought this natural repellent with a strong cinnamon odor which can be used around the house as well.

Have a great weekend.

Love,

Nancy

Oct 30, 2020 03:24PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS TO FAITH ON AN AMAZING 60 YEARS OF MARRIAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 30, 2020 08:09PM Faith-840 wrote:

Nancy, thank you so much for the beautiful anniversary banner. It’s hard to believe we’ve been married so long and yes, we were very young way back in 1960. I’m praising God for all the blessings He has given us in this long life together. Four great kids and ten wonderful grandchildren. I’m a little sad that we couldn’t celebrate as we had hoped with all our family, but I’m just glad that we are all still healthy. Hopefully we will celebrate next year and COVID will be a distant memory.

Thank you again for your good wishes.

Sending prayers for everyone here,

Love, Faith

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/3/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 31, 2020 01:47PM zjrosenthal wrote:

Just found out yesterday that my granddaughter delivered a little baby girl. She has moved to Tennessee so I don't expect much contact with this new great grandchild. Her other daughter, 6yr old Valentina is still being raised by my daughter, her grandmother up here in NY. Kinda a mess...prayers appreciated.

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 31, 2020 03:40PM IntoLight wrote:

Jean, congratulations on the new great granddaughter. It is so difficult when families are distant and not stable. I will pray for a good outcome for this situation. I remember when we prayed for Valentina. I trust she is doing well.

Oct 31, 2020 07:27PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, congratulations on a new great granddaughter. I know the circumstances are probably not what you would like but I am thankful that your daughter is raising Valentina and I pray that she is doing well. Prayers for this new baby and that her mother will take good care of her. I know it is hard when they are so far away.

Love,

Nancy

Nov 1, 2020 06:32PM zjrosenthal wrote:

Thanks for the prayers ladies. Val's mother has pretty much written me off and it hurts. I can only keep praying for her. She is a very wounded soul. Jean

Nov 1, 2020 08:43PM Faith-840 wrote:

Jean, congratulations on the newest great granddaughter. Sending prayers for you and the family and hope you get to meet that new babysomeday soon. I’m so sorry you are going through this.

Sending prayers for everyone here,

Love, Faith

Nov 1, 2020 09:28PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, I know this has been very hurtful to you. The saying hurt people hurt people is really true. It doesn't wipe away the hurt but sometimes it can make one realize that is when someone hurts us it is not always about us but more about them. That gives us more motivation to forgive them and to pray for them.

Love,
Nancy

Nov 1, 2020 09:28PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Ade, we are concerned about you and James. Are you both okay?

Nov 2, 2020 04:46PM - edited Nov 2, 2020 08:07PM by JO-5

This was an email from Decision Magazine ...By Franklin Graham

Ladies we need to pray for our country. If you have the time please join in on this and also read the party platforms if you haven't already. Christians need to stand up and speak out.

Joanne

IDC 04 Stage 1 Grd 3 no nodes Lumpectomy rads plus boosts ER+PR+HER- AI 5 yr 2014 secondary angiosarcoma from rads lumpectomy recurrence 1 yr Mastectomy with lat flap 1/2 flap went necrotic skin graft to center of chest.

Nov 2, 2020 04:47PM - edited Nov 2, 2020 08:05PM by JO-5

This Post was deleted by JO-5.
IDC 04 Stage 1 Grd 3 no nodes Lumpectomy rads plus boosts ER+PR+HER- AI 5 yr 2014 secondary angiosarcoma from rads lumpectomy recurrence 1 yr Mastectomy with lat flap 1/2 flap went necrotic skin graft to center of chest.

Nov 2, 2020 09:35PM - edited Nov 6, 2020 09:14PM by Teka

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Nov 3, 2020 09:26AM - edited Nov 6, 2020 09:14PM by Teka

Nov 3, 2020 10:25AM - edited Nov 3, 2020 10:28AM by Sunshine99

Teka, that's beautiful!

We dropped our ballots off this morning at the local library right after we ran by the clinic for my blood draw. Will go out later to get Granny Smith apples for my husband's birthday pies.

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Nov 3, 2020 11:12AM JO-5 wrote:

Beautiful snow, but glad it's not here yet! We still have leaves on the trees.

I voted absentee 2 weeks ago, and have checked on line to make sure it arrived. It did and will be counted today.

Making big batch Veggie soup for freezer and to share with daughters, and a lemon pie.

Joanne

Nov 3, 2020 12:56PM Ade wrote:

Joanne - YES! This election is SO important! We voted in person when early voting began a couple of weeks ago. We went early & were the only ones there voting! Gorgeous fall photo!

Teka - we had a rare ice storm a week ago but all is sunny & warm again now.

Jean - I am so sorry for the hurt in your family and will pray for the Lord to intervene in ALL of the lives affected. Thankful for a new baby blessing brought into the world though.

Faith - Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. a testimony of God's faithfulness and love.

Nancy - thank you for asking. We were not ok. I am pretty sure we did have the Chinese virus, though we were not tested as the docs here don't even prescribe anything for those who are compromised, like my friend. It was a long haul but we are almost a week symptom free. Then had to make a Midland trip yesterday - 10 hours - and I am not feeling so great today. One day at a time.

Lord bless and keep you all,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Nov 4, 2020 10:09AM JO-5 wrote:

Nov 4, 2020 04:17PM - edited Nov 6, 2020 09:15PM by Teka

Nov 4, 2020 07:44PM Faith-840 wrote:

I’m praying for healing in our nation and for an end to this Chinese virus so we might get back to some semblance of a normal life.

Nancy, I’m also praying that your CT scan tomorrow goes easily and nothing of concern is found.

Ade, I’m sorry you and James may have had that virus but pray you are both fully recovered with no lasting side effects.

Dear friends, I could use a few prayers as I’m having a tough time adjusting to this new anxiety medication and all it’s side effects. I almost think I felt better before taking it. I hope my body just has to get used to it. This is getting to be very depressing.

Love and prayers for everyone here,

Faith (in the future)

Page 614 of 623 (18,688 results)