Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 645 of 1,853 (18,525 results)

Oct 10, 2014 12:14AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Angie, Good to hear from you. That is a great goal to apply the living word to our daily lives and to learn how to become Ambassadors for Christ. There is a woman in my church who is a psychologist a pastor's wife and just recently became ordained and she is older than I am. I have the utmost respect for her and try to attend any class that she teaches. She always says this and I love it because it is so simple. She says we should always seek to do the next right thing. 

How is your August chemo thread going?  Take care and thank you for your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 10, 2014 07:50AM zjrosenthal wrote:

Today I am grateful for this journey, how God is using it to show me where my faith needs to be strengthened.  Please pray for me about the surgery as I am having trouble with my own steadfastness.  I want to put it completely in His hands knowing if it is not His will He will stop it.  Love, Jean 

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

Oct 10, 2014 09:31AM Vicks1960 wrote:

Bandwoman1234,.

The background on my daughter:  in Aug 13 she was diagnosed with fallopian tube, ovarian, and endometrium cancer.  She had surgery and chemo.  everything was looking good, until a followup visit with the Dr.  It had returned, this time the chemo could not keep up with the growth of the tumor.  She is now in hospice care, however, yesterday, the hospice nurse measured her abdomen again, in the last week it had gone from 126 cm to 118 cm.  I truly believe a miracle has started.  

Thanks for your thoughts and especially your prayers...

Vickie

oncotype score 18 (12%) Dx 10/10/2011, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/14/2011 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 11/14/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 10, 2014 10:30AM magdalene51 wrote:

Good morning sisters. Vickie, welcome to our circle, and we will be praying that the reduction in your daughter's abdomen is truly a sign of miraculous healing. 

An update on my pneumonia. As I have not improved since my visit to the ER on Tuesday, I called my oncologist's office today and they are adding a second antibiotic along with lasix and potassium. Even though I have no visible swelling, I could have internal water retention. I've not run a fever (not taking anything that would bring it down) and I have only a dry cough. I've had bronchitis many times, and I'm just stumped by the strange nature of this. If I stay in my recliner, I can breathe, though with a bit of effort. But when I get up and move around, when I sit back down I'm gasping for breath. Just never had anything like this before. Anyway, the MO's nurse said nothing had grown on the cultures, so I don't know what that means, but they will do another chest X-ray when I come in on Tuesday for my appointment, and if I get worse over the weekend, there is a hospital here in our suburb where I can go to the ER and hopefully not have the kind of nightmare I had at their main facility in the city on Tuesday.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and I continue to pray for each of you.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/1/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/11/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/13/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Oct 10, 2014 02:29PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Vicks, I imagine your daughter and your whole family have been through a lot since her diagnosis. I am sorry that she has had to go through all of this and I am sure this has been agonizing for you to watch. I can see how this new abdomen measurement could be a very encouraging sign. I pray that you could draw very close to the Lord during this time and put your total trust in Him. I am praying that what looks like a miracle would continue and we thank you Lord for what you are doing in Vicks daughter. Please let us know how things are going. We would be glad to continue to pray for your daughter and peace for you.

Love,
Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 10, 2014 02:51PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Mags, I am fervently praying for you. If you do have to go to the ER I pray that you can get in quickly and not have to go through what you did the first time. I do remember when I got back to teaching after having pneumonia I would still be winded doing stairs so that part you shared I am not too surprised. I will keep praying as the Lord lays you on my heart.

Lucy, I am praying that you will be an open vessel for the Holy Spirit to speak through you and that you will be such an inspiration and blessing to all those that hear your testimony. You got this dear friend! I can't wait to hear your story when the retreat is all over.

Jean, all of us have had to stretch our faith muscles on this journey. Without the help of the Lord this journey would surely break all of us but our hope is in the Lord. When you are at your weakest is when God can be your strength whether you feel it or not. Faith is not based on feelings. I have had to learn that lesson over and over and over.......Praying for you to be steadfast. You are stronger than you think.

I am praying for all you dear sisters. If I have any typos I am trying to type in the same room while my mom is watching Little House on the Prairie Loopy

Love you all,

Nancy

Oct 10, 2014 03:11PM zjrosenthal wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement Nancy.  Lifting up prayers now for all.  Love, Jean 

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

Oct 10, 2014 04:12PM ladyb1234 wrote:

Lucy, praying for your as you present yourself as a living testimony to what God has, had and will continue to do in your life.  In my experience in speaking before groups regardless if it is sermon, my testimony or just encouragement it is best to speak from the heart and let the Lord lead you. You know the road that God has traveled with on you and he will use that road and journey in your testimony what milepost to focus on and mostly how to tie His Word into your talk. I can clearly see your testimony come through your post load and clear.  I hear and yes see how the Lord uses you so eloquently and powerfully in your written word.  Just be real and let the Lord's Words come through.  Speak about your testimony and let God use those nuggets of encouragement and wisdom that the Lord has shared with you and share with others as the Lord leads and guides you.  Only you can speak to your testimony and the Lord will take that and each person will then apply to their situtation as the Lord sees fit.  You will either  plant or water but it is the Lord that will give the increase through your ambassadorship (1Corth 3:6-7) and cause the growth in your Sisters!   I agree with Nancy, you are a powerful witness on this thread and I really know that you will give a powerful testimony.   Your focus is to please the Lord and he knows the words that each individual will hoe in on as each one of us is at a different place in our walk and only God knows what is needed for each of us at this appointed time.  God is using you as the vessel to deliver the message.   Go with boldness before God's people and I know that you will be awesome in presenting your testimony as you are already doing it here on this board!

Praying for you as I know at times it can be difficult but this is an assignment from God and he has you! 

Blessings

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary

Oct 10, 2014 05:18PM magdalene51 wrote:

Today I want to give thanks for a little verse that has meant so much to me.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

... give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

In 1996, I received a phone call from my sister. Her husband (who I had introduced her to) had just been diagnose with small cell squamous cancer. The prognosis was grim. After I hung up, the Lord brought that verse to my mind. I couldn't wrap my head around it. I hadn't been walking with the Lord for very long at that point, but I decided to take him at his word. My brother-in-law lasted four years, but finally succumbed to the cancer. My mother prayed fervently for his healing. One day, when it appeared that the end was near for him, I asked her how she would be if he died. I was afraid it would crush her faith. But her answer put my mind at ease. She said, "God is still God." I don't know why God chose to take him at such a young age – he was not even 50. But I learned to give thanks in all circumstances. And I'm thankful that I could be obedient even if I didn't know why.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/1/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/11/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/13/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Oct 10, 2014 10:12PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

DAY #22 OF 50 DAYS OF GRATITUDE

Hi everyone, I am a little late posting for today. Today I am grateful for my cat, Cammie. She travels with me to my mom's and has been such a good companion for me. I am posting when she was a baby to present. She is totally attached to HER blanket. It works magic on her and I have to take it with me when we travel. She has a lot of personality and can be a pistol at times. She follows me around like a dog. She is a Ragdoll breed which is supposed to be characterized by docile behavior and is supposed to be easy going. She is NONE of those things but I love her dearly. I hope you all have a good weekend and those who are feeling under the weather I am praying for improvement.

Page 645 of 1,853 (18,525 results)

Scroll to top button