Join Us

We are 223,908 members in 83 forums discussing 163,273 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 645 of 646 (19,361 results)

Posts 19321 - 19350 (19,361 total)

Sep 14, 2021 06:01PM - edited Sep 14, 2021 06:01PM by LoverofJesus

Hi everyone!

Please pray for a friend of mine. She is going through chemo. Only four rounds but dose dense.

She has really felt bad. In pray that the side effects get better. I told her to speak with her MO.

I had my 5th Taxol today. Did just fine and feel good. I also met with my plastic surgeon Monday. Learned a lot. I will be having surgery in the early part of November. Part of me is super ready to get it done, and another part of me is nervous.

I have two specific prayer request.
1- pray please that I have better than just good response to chemo. I want and am believing for the cancer to be gone or all but gone going into surgery.

2- pray the surgery gets completely clean margins. Nothing left!!!

3- pray the surgery goes as planned with no curve balls and that I come out with two tissue expanders that will be expanded over the coming weeks after surgery.

Love to all and praying for you all daily.

Dx 5/22/2021, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/15/2021 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 14, 2021 06:48PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Shannon, I am praying for your friend who is having a tough time with her side effects from chemo.

Praying for your upcoming surgery. We pray that you chemo is doing the job it was intended to do and we pray as you go into surgery in November that the Lord will give you peace. I pray that the surgeon will get good and clean margins and that you will have the tissue expanders as planned and that no complications will arise during or after your surgery. How many total treatments do you have for Taxol? I am glad you are doing so well with them.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 14, 2021 07:01PM IntoLight wrote:

Nancy, God does care about the smaller details. He has proved Himself to me over and over. Your grief class sounds very interesting. I am still not attending on site church yet even though I am fully vaccinated. I usually attend the classic service and it is held in a smaller sanctuary than the larger one and I am not comfortable with small spaces yet. I started my new oral chemo last night. So far I feel fine. Today I even cleaned house a little and made some coleslaw to go along with dinner tonight. My energy is still good as I have been off my last meds for three weeks. I know it will change but I am taking advantage of it as long as I can.

Shannon, I will lift up your friend in prayer to the Lord and will pray your surgery will be successful and God will use it for your complete healing. I am also thankful you are doing so well on your treatments.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Sep 14, 2021 09:27PM Ade wrote:

Nancy, how gorgeous are your sunflowers with the sun peeking through! Your words about 911 were so well put. I am amazed at how several of you ladies have first hand experiences of that day. None of us will ever forget that day and where we were. Alan Jackson's song begins with, "Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day?" Every Monday our oldest son would come over and have coffee with me and we talked for a couple of hours. What a blessing that was in itself. The first plane had just hit moments prior when he appeared at our door and I led him in to the TV where, in disbelief we saw the second plane hit as it happened. I called James at work and he was the first to hear of it through me. What a terrifying day it was. We are all thankful for peace on the 20th anniversary (meaning no attack that day).

Nancy, I think the grief counseling and just verbally sharing your pain with believers will be used by the Lord to bring you more healing and peace. You are blessed to have a big church where there are plenty of ministry resources.

A friend I went to school with from first grade through high school passed away yesterday after a bout with covid. She had radiation for breast cancer and was diagnosed with radiation pneumonitis. We had reconnected several years ago on facebook and then emailed regularly and we grew close in that time. I shared my faith with her, but you know, you always wonder if you shared enough. I pray the Lord blessed what I was able to share with her and that I will see her in Heaven. It is one thing to be "OK" with "religion"..... but it is another to have a relationship with the Savior Himself, to know without a doubt that your sins have been paid for in full because of His atoning blood on the cross, to make Jesus not only your Savior, but your LORD. It took me many years of being a believer to being a follower of Christ. I think there may be many church goers who are not actually saved. That is the most serious question we will ever face. "Am I going through the motions? Or am I truly saved by the blood of Christ and have made Him the Lord of my life?"

We took food up to Penni & Richard yesterday and I can't see progress in her yet. She greets me with a big smile and we hug as we always did. She can agree with what I say, but she can't put together a sentence that makes any sense at all. It breaks my heart. She doesn't even know she is speaking gibberish. She was able to get out of her chair by herself and taking Richard's arm she shuffled to the door with us to say goodbye. I believe in miracles and will continue to pray for complete healing. One blessing, though, she was lighthearted and like a child, carefree. The worries of this ol' world were far from her.

It is nearly 8:30 and I haven't made supper so I'd better get with it - or be fired! (lol)

Please know I am praying for all of you dear sisters. I know you're going through so much. Be strong in the power of Lord even when you can't see Him at work. He is near and He loves you.

Blessings,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Sep 15, 2021 12:04AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Faith, I think about you and pray for you every day. You are not forgotten. I know you are struggling so much and I just feel there has to be a break through for you in this anxiety and depression. Know you are loved and prayed for.

Chris, I am glad you are feeling well. Cleaning house and making coleslaw sound like a great day of energy. I am praying it will continue. I don't blame you for not having in person church. If I was in active treatments I would not either. This class was interesting in that I was sitting right next to someone whose husband had just recently died of Covid. One of the teachers of the class was in the hospital for two weeks with Covid. I was talking to him after class. He had this in July and is still trying to get his stamina back. We are sitting at round tables so we are definitely close to each other and I am not sure how comfortable I am with this. We have a masked mandate in our state now after not having it for a while for those vaccinated. I noticed more people wearing masks in church but in this class it is a mix. I will be praying for you as I always do.

Ade, thank you for your nice comments. I would love to see some of your beautiful TX sunsets. Yes it was a relief to have nothing in the way of terrorist activity happen last Saturday. I am glad your son was with you when this was happening 20 yrs ago.

I am very sorry about you losing another friend. We may not know if our words are enough but we are called to plant the seeds and it is up to the Lord to produce that harvest. I went to church my whole young life without knowing Jesus. I was baptized and went through confirmation. My Mom was a Sunday school teacher and my Dad was an usher. We went to church every Sunday and we were all LOST because Jesus was not preached. I know that is the case with many, many people. I found Jesus because of a young girl working on my crew in the cornfields detasseling corn. If it was not for her persistence I would maybe have never really known what it was like to be saved but she persisted. I eventually went to this retreat she had invited me to and really accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior. The next morning I knew something had happened to me as I had a burning desire to read the Bible. That was something new. I was able to share with my family and my parents came to the Lord and my sister did as well. This young girl that was bugging me about this retreat didn't give up until I finally said yes. A lesson for me to take to heart.

Ade, your friend Penni may have progress but it may be a gradual process. Remember Joanne's grand daughter that in her situation things looked pretty bad and yet she had a miraculous recovery. Not completely healed but certainly more than anyone could have imagined. I know this is so difficult to watch her like this. I remember with my Mom that sometimes that childlike behavior was freeing for her for someone who used to be prone to worry. You are a wonderful friend to provide meals for her and her husband. I am sure they appreciate that and even though she may speak gibberish she still can feel your love and connection to her.

Yes, I know I am very fortunate to have a very large church that has so many opportunities for growth and for ministry. I know this class is going to be what I need. I have been feeling very isolated from my family and alone now and this is something I have not felt before and I am having a difficult time grasping how I will still be able to connect with my sister and niece.

Have a good night dear sisters. You are loved and prayed for.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 15, 2021 11:13AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, I my first Taxol is on the 23rd. They gave me an extra week break so I could get covid shot #1. That's on Saturday. I'm nervous from an allergy perspective, but the oncologist thinks it's worth the risk for me to get it.

Having a really bad day at work. I think I might go take a walk outside and try to shake it off.

Dx IDC in Oct 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, Lumpectomy + rads + tam. Age 38. 5/21 Dx IDC. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Gr 2. 2/3 nodes positive. AC/T. Age 42

Sep 15, 2021 11:22AM IntoLight wrote:

GB, praying God gives you peace about your vaccine. I will be praying for your chemo on the 23rd.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Sep 15, 2021 11:32AM - edited Sep 15, 2021 12:07PM by HersheyKiss

Nancy, I'm thankful you are part of the grief support class. I do pray it's helpful for you. Your church recognizing there is a need for the class is an immense blessing. My little church would be hard pressed to organize and sustain such a group, even as the need is great.

Chris, I continue to pray that you and your husband are able to take your cruise and enjoy the peace and relaxation of the Pacific.

Ade, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I continue to pray for Penni's recovery.

GB, I hope all goes well on Saturday and you experience no side effects from the vaccine.

I am in the process of transitioning to part-time remote work. My position is being split: 20 hours remote (me), and 20 hours on-site (a former employee who is returning to the office). I'm thankful to retain my company health insurance and to continue to work at home. COVID cases and hospitalizations are increasing in my community, and an adenovirus is also circulating at my workplace and sending colleagues for PCR tests to rule out COVID infections.

Blessings on your day, dear sisters.

Dx 3/1/2017, ILC, Left, 2cm, Grade 1, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 15, 2021 12:29PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

GB I am praying now that your day at work improves. I know those days like that are no fun. Praying right now for peace not only for your work day but for your covid shot. I am highly sensitive to many meds and I did fine with the first Covid shot. I bet you will too. Sore arm maybe. I am glad your Taxol was moved up. Sounds like you have some good doctors who are realizing your needs.

Chris, praying you will have another good day today. I have been praying that your new chemo pill will not have as many side effects for you as you may be expecting.

Hershey, is your part time position something you wanted or something that just happened. I am glad you will still have your health insurance. Actually my church has had a grief share class for many, many years. This class might be the first where it is led by trained professionals. That is the upside to going to a Mega church. It takes more effort to make connections since there are so many people but I have attended this church since the late 70's so it is home for me.

Esther, as you start your radiation boosts today I am praying that all will go as smoothly as your regular treatments have been.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 15, 2021 02:02PM HersheyKiss wrote:

Nancy, the work arrangement was negotiated. While I'll miss performing some of my previous duties, overall I'm satisfied with the new organization of responsibilities.

Sep 15, 2021 04:04PM - edited Sep 15, 2021 04:04PM by LoverofJesus

Nancy and intolight, thank you so so much for the prayers. I know God has me and we all get weary at times. I am wanting to never ever see this disease again. And I'm praying for all of you too

Ade- praying and standing with you for complete healing of your friend. May Jesus come in and correct what the enemy meant for destruction and heal her from the top of her head to the tips of her toes!

I am doing well on Taxol. Not as harsh. Although I have lost more hair on it. And am worried it may not be softening the tumor as much as AC did. I really don't know. I know God is able and I know it can go away by the power of His word.

Today has been a lazy day. I have just been still listening for His still small voice.

Thank you all for praying and please know I'm

Reading through prayer requests on here and praying every day.

Hugs and love to all!!

Shannon

Dx 5/22/2021, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/15/2021 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 15, 2021 05:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hershey, I'm glad to hear you had input into this decision. Maybe you will have more time to do things you haven't had time for in the past.

Shannon, sometimes lazy days are just what the doctor ordered. I will continue to pray for your requested needs.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 16, 2021 12:28PM Esther01 wrote:

Good morning dear sisters,

Just checking in with you and lifting up your prayer requests. I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to post for awhile. Just when my radiation boosts are beginning and I finally see light at the end of the tunnel, everything else in life became very hectic for me this week. Please lift up my cousin who is diabetic and facing an amputation.

Chris, I am happy you felt well and were making coleslaw. I am always thinking of you and praying for each of you by name.

Nancy, I wish I could send you a Ring video of me struggling with the umbrella mosquito net trying to keep Mr. Buzzy out of my morning coffee routine.

More later- just wanted to send you all my love and prayers-

Esther

Grateful to Jesus, that His love finally broke through to me. "With one touch, You just rolled away the stone that held my heart," - Lyrics by Keith Green, " 7 weeks of Radiation including supraclavicular nodes. Dx 12/2020, IDC, Stage IIB, 5/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 6/9/2021 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left) Radiation Therapy 8/4/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 16, 2021 01:03PM Ade wrote:

Nancy, you and I had very similar salvation experiences. I too grew up in a church where my dad was a councilman and both parents sang in the choir. I was baptized and went through confirmation at the age of 12, but the salvation message was never preached and no one was encouraged to read the Bible for themselves. I went to a Billy Graham crusade at age 12 or 13 and wanted badly to go forward at the invitation, but in such a huge stadium I knew I'd never find my way back, and neither parent was going anywhere. I met James at age 18 and we were drawn to know the Lord, so attended a teen Bible study where I first felt the Lord's presence and it was wonderful. He became real to me. James & I married at 21 and continued seeking Him together. Finally in our mid thirties we attended another crusade and prayed the prayer to give our hearts to Jesus. It took us a while - but it took. I have to say that since the move 9 years ago from Ohio to Texas we have endured trials far beyond our expectations, from cancer to heart attacks to great financial loss, to an extremely hurtful church experience. But through it all God was - and always is - faithful. He deepened our walk with Him and our love for Him more than I can describe.

I have such compassion for all of you going through so much pain and trial in your own lives right now. But I just want to encourage you to know the Lord is still with you, in you, and for you, no matter how bad things may look now. He will never leave you or forsake you - that's His PROMISE to you. He has brought you this far and He's not about to let you go. Draw near to Him, pray about everything, give Him praise and thanksgiving in all things, read His Word, and listen for His still small voice. His love for you is higher, wider, and deeper than you can imagine. We will all meet on the other side some day, and rejoice together that this part is over and we are healed and in His presence forevermore.

God bless and keep you,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Sep 16, 2021 01:24PM IntoLight wrote:

Nancy and Ade, my salvation experience is quite different than you both. I was saved at the foot of my kindergargen Sunday School teacher at five years of age. I know I was saved-- It was very real and I experienced God's continual presence and leading all throughout my childhood. I was fortunate to grow up with Godly parents who lived out their own salvation at home and work. I did rebel as a teenager, but was sanctified at the age of 17 once God showed me He stood by me not to condemn but to save. I met my future husband a few months later and we have been together ever since serving God however He asks. God has never failed me and becomes more real every day. I am far from perfect and am still running the race towards the prize. I have had my failings, but God always teaches and heals. His blessings are new everyday and His love abounds far more than I could have ever imagined.

I am so thankful for this BCO site and the connections I have with you all. No matter what I face each day, it is a blessing to know you are all praying and caring for each other.

Love, Chris

Sep 16, 2021 06:07PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Some of you ladies who have been around for a while know that for maybe three years I have been dealing with this mystery of burning face and wrists. I have mentioned it to practically every doctor I see and no one had any answers. This would almost always happen while I was eating breakfast. Well, right now my face and all of my arms are on fire worse than they have ever been. I saw one of my doctors last week and she wanted me to not take any vitamins within four hour window of my thyroid meds. It is proving to be a difficult task but something I have to do. I just took all of my usual morning meds just a little while ago. A few minutes later this flare on steroids happened. So it is apparently a reaction to one of my supplements but I take a bunch of them so I have no idea how I will go about this. The odd thing is this is a much more severe reaction than in the past which also tells me that my vitamins may have not been absorbed well with the thyroid med and vice versa. Just a thought for some of you out there that might take thyroid meds and vitamins. So this change in my pill schedule may have been a blessing in disguise.

So Esther I may look redder than you are at this point. This flare usually takes about 45 min to go away. I have prayed for your cousin. What a horrible thing to go through. I have prayed for you as you only have three more boosts to go. The light at the end of your tunnel is getting brighter each day! So was the netting a big fail or are you just dealing with a very intelligent and persistent flying object!!Bawling.

Ade. thank you for sharing your salvation story. It sounds like it was a process for you over several years to come to the reality of what intimacy means with Jesus. I love how you and James seek the Lord together. My Mom and Dad would pray together every night. My Dad went through so many health issues and I know that God gave them both strength to endure as you have found in all of your trials. Right before my cancer diagnosis I had gone through the usual progression of tests and ultrasound etc and I just knew when the Lord gave me this scripture when I was taking a bath and it was the same as you mentioned. I will never leave you or forsake you. It was like I had an immediately knowing that I was going to be diagnosed with cancer which the next day I was but I had that assurance from that Scripture that I would be alright. I was not used to hearing messages so clearly like that in the past. Our church offered this free several day course on How to Study the Bible. I had conflicts and could not attend but it is now being offered online for our church. I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I played some of the video very early this morning. I think it is going to be a real eye opener as this teacher is excellent in history which is part of his intro into this course.

Amen to your post about meeting on the other side. I don't know exactly what that will look like but I believe we will all get to meet in heaven for those who have experienced salvation through Jesus one day. It will make this life seem like a blink of suffering and challenges compared to eternity with peace and joy and NO MORE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, you were so fortunate to have come to the salvation experience at such a young age. I had my experience the summer before my senior year in college. We are all works in progress and thank God he is patient with us as we fall short which I know I do daily. He is quick to forgive as we ask Him. We are all lifting you up as you start on this new chemo drug. You are loved by all here and we appreciate your grace and strength as you deal with all of your health challenges.

Take care dear sisters. I have prayed for each one of you. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 17, 2021 12:12PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Sep 17, 2021 10:22PM Faith-840 wrote:

Dear Nancy and everyone who has prayed for me, thank you so much. I am on another new medication and I thought I was making great progress but had a setback today. My depression is getting better but I had an awful anxiety attack today with HBP and racing heart and shaking and the worst part was I was driving on the busy highway not far from us. Some of you may know I have 10 grandchildren and one of our granddaughters is getting married the third week in October and I don't have a dress yet. I've searched the internet for hours with no luck so I decided today I was actually going to go shopping at the big mall about 10 miles west of us. I was okay until I went to the second big department store and started to feel a hot flash and SOB. I Managed to find a dress that might work if I can get the right size but got very tired walking back to the parking garage, so sat a few minutes and then got on the big highway to go home. I made it, but by the time I got here, I was a nervous wreck and my BP was very high. So, I'm asking you all to please pray for me and my DH, not only am I concerned about this anxiety but the wedding is In Idaho and they have the 2nd worst vaccination rate and a big Covid surge right now. I really wish they would postpone the wedding but I don't think they will and how can I miss my first granddaughter's wedding? Just to add another worry, DH just found out his carotid artery is about 80% blocked so now I'm concerned he will have another stroke. The doctors seem to think he can wait and check it again in six months, they say he's in the “grey area", surgery or not. Is it any wonder I'm having anxiety? I know God must have a plan and it will be okay but it's so hard to wait. This note below was in my daily devotional emails yesterday and seemed to be there just for me. I think it will speak to many of you so I am sharing it.

“There are few people who teach as passionately about love as scientist, scholar, and Franciscan Sister Ilia Delio. At the CAC CONSPIRE conference in 2014, the audience was able to witness and share Ilia's enthusiasm for, and trust in, the "love energy of God," which makes any of our typical notions of hell quite impossible. She said:

Everything that exists speaks of God, reflects that love energy of God. But God is more than anything that exists. God is always the more of our lives. We can't contain God. If we try to control God, that's not God; God always spills over our lives. So, God is our future. If we're longing for something we desire, it's that spilled-over love of our lives that's pulling us onward, that's luring us into something new. But we don't trust this God [of implanted desire] often. We were pretty sure that God's there, [and] we're here, and we just need to keep [on] the straight and narrow path. . . .

What Francis [of Assisi] recognized is God is in every direction. That you might arrive, you might not arrive. You might arrive late; you might arrive early. It's not the arrival that counts. It's God! It's not the direction that counts. It's just being there, trusting that you will be going where God wants you. In other words, God is with us. Every step of the way is God-empowered love energy. But we tend to break down and start controlling things: "If I go this way, I'm going to get lost. Well, what if it's wrong? What will happen to me?" Well, what willhappen to you? Something will happen. But guess what? Something's going to happen whether or not you go; that's the whole point of life. So, it's all about love.

So, it's not like we've got this, "Here's God; here's us. God's just waiting till we get our act together and then we'll all be well." That's a boring God; that's not even God. God is alive. God is love. Love is pulling us on to do new things and we need to trust the power of God in our lives to do new things. . . . We need to unwire ourselves to recognize that the God of Jesus Christ is, you might say, the power beneath our feet, the depth of the beauty of everything that exists, and the future into which we are moving. . . .

Every one of us is written in the heart of God from all eternity, born into the stars, born, you might say, into the galaxies, born on this earth in small forms, developing and coming to explicit form in our lives, given a name. It's a fantastic mystery of love."

I've been absent for a long time and I'm sorry, but I always pray for all of you and try to read as often as possible. I feel so fortunate to know that I have you as my prayer warriors. Thank you all so much for being here. I can often feel that your prayers are working.

I've gone on too long but I guess I just needed this outlet. I will try to be more faithful in writing in the future.

Love and prayers for all.

Faith (in the future

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 17, 2021 10:56PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Dear Faith, I visited the butterfly house for the last time and was just getting ready to post some butterfly pics and I saw your post. I am glad to hear that your depression is better but I am so sorry about your anxiety attack on the road. Oh my. I had a really bad low blood sugar episode at the mall many years ago and I didn't know what to do. I just found a bench and sat. It was very scary so I can really appreciate your fear and anxiety. So did you buy the dress or were you too sick to do anything at that point? Driving around here is very scary under normal conditions. I am glad you made it back home safely and I hope that after calming down your bp went down as well. I am so sorry to hear about your DH. Has he fully recovered from his knee replacement? I know it can be overwhelming going from one health challenge to another. I know how much you want to go to your granddaughter's wedding. I will pray that everything will work out for you both to go. I have thought of you often and I pray for you at every one of my prayer sessions. If you never got the dress but know which one you liked I would be glad to drive you to go get it and wait on you to try it on to get the right size. Just send me an email or PM and we could get our schedules together. Really. I sincerely would like to take you if you want.

I will continue to pray for you and your DH. God loves you so much. I hope you can feel that love surrounding you always.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 17, 2021 11:18PM IntoLight wrote:

Faith, thank you for your post. You are right, sometimes I am so consumed with waiting until everything is just right I miss what God is really trying to do. I have been praying for you and am sorry to hear of your anxiety attack. Shopping is stressful enough without the added pressure of buying a special dress for the wedding. I will pray for your dear husband too. You need some peaceful time and some good news right now so I pray God opens the right vessels so there are no problems. Please don't worry about writing too much or not often or not. All our lives are filled with unpredictable things. Sometimes I just sit back and observe without responding, and sometimes I am afraid I will say the wrong thing so I say nothing. We have all been there. Sometimes I feel isolated even though I am surrounded with people. Sometimes God makes sure I am isolated so I will listen. I am thankful He knows what I need when I need it.

Love and hugs, Chris

Sep 18, 2021 01:05AM Sunshine99 wrote:

Faith, I am praying for God's perfect peace to come upon you. Nancy, Chris, Ade and all the others who are so faithful here, thank you for your posts and for sharing God's goodness.

I don't post as often as others do, and I'm certainly not as good at mentioning all of the concerns and requests, but know that you are all dear to me and I appreciate the reminders of God's faithfulness to us.

Carol

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Sep 18, 2021 12:15PM LoverofJesus wrote:

Faith-840— I totally understand how you feel. I have always been type A personality and high anxiety at times. After my diagnosis though I have been all of that times 10.

I don’t have many anxiety attacks. But I do wake sometimes in the mornings in panic of what my future holds. Sometimes that spills over into things that should be bringing me joy.

I’m praying for you!! And thank you for being real.

Sep 18, 2021 04:47PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Carol, you are welcome. I imagine you are back in your routine at home now. I hope your three weeks with your sister will give you many memories to keep close to you.

GB I have been praying that you will have no reaction to your 1st Covid shot today.

Have a great weekend everyone. We have turned the calendar back to summer according to our weather.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 18, 2021 05:19PM Faith-840 wrote:

Dear Nancy, thank you so much for for the generous offer to take me to the mall. That is so sweet and kind of you. But, thankfully I was able to pull myself together and bought the dress. I really like it but it may need some alterations. I’m just too short, I always need petite sizes and they are hard to find. I’m going to look online some more and see if I can find the dress in a petite size. The good thing about going and trying on dresses, is I know what size I need. Now, I just hope I can find it.

Chris, thank you also for all your prayers, you always find just the right things to say that make me feel better. I pray for you always that God will heal you with these new meds. I’m also praying that you have a wonderful cruise to enjoy and relax and have some quiet time with just your DH. I imagine you enjoy having your DD & DGD living with you most of the time but it has to be hectic, especially as you were home schooling her too. It’s hard to really relax when others are around. I’m sure you and DH need some alone time and that’s what I’m praying for.

Carol, as you know, I don’t post as often any more either and I used to feel guilty about that but I’ve come to realize that whatever we can do is okay with our dear friends here and I know we are all praying for each other.

Lover of Jesus, thank you for sharing your bouts with anxiety too. I’ve always been reluctant to share about my anxiety, especially with my friends and family. I just don’t want them to worry about me as they have enough to worry about. That’s why it is so good to be able to to share with all of you here.

Love and prayers to all of you and have a beautiful weekend, the weather here is great. Hope it’s the same wherever you are.

Faith (in the future)

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 18, 2021 06:57PM gb2115 wrote:

I didn't have an allergic reaction at the vaccination center!!! I was displeased how they weren't enforcing proper mask wearing though, and some guy wearing his mask under his nose was coughing near me. I hope I didn't catch anything from the vaccination center. Trying not to think about it too much since I can't really do anything about it.

Weird skin infection (small) on the side of my toenail now. Thought it was maybe a toenail getting funny, but yesterday the NP at the oncologist said it didn't look like it, and said chemo does skin things like that sometimes. I have a topical to use but a back up oral antibiotic prescription that I can fill if I need to. I hope I don't need to.

First Taxol is on Thursday. I think work is about to get funny for me, with weekly treatments and other things going on. I might have to take a lot more time off.

Dx IDC in Oct 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, Lumpectomy + rads + tam. Age 38. 5/21 Dx IDC. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Gr 2. 2/3 nodes positive. AC/T. Age 42

Sep 18, 2021 07:35PM Ade wrote:

Faith, there's a lot of love and lifting you up to the Lord in prayer here. This is where you CAN freely vent or cry or rejoice with sisters who, for the most part, have been through what you are dealing with. Please never be concerned about going on too long. You may just voice the very thing so that we can pray for you more effectively. I think ALL of us, wherever we are in this cancer "adventure" have felt extreme anxiety more than a few times. I just can't drive in big city highway traffic so I give you BIG TIME credit for attempting that! I panic to think of my husband having another heart attack or a stroke, knowing that the only real medical care is 3+ hours away in a big city. Like Nancy, I have hypoglycemia, and if the blood sugar gets too low I am in big trouble too. We have so many similarities here and that's why we bond. We feel one another's pain, fear, anxiety, and it is a blessing to intercede for one another. never a burden. I guess the best word of comfort I can give to you is that we have an Intercessor right now at the Throne of our Heavenly Father Who intercedes for us. He know exactly what we need when we need it and has the power to carry forth His will. We are His and nothing can snatch us away from His love. Jesus is as close as your very next heartbeat. Lay your burdens before Him and rest in His care.

Just a quick praise - James was letting the puppy out the other night. You have to go through the garage to let him out into the fenced yard. James was barefoot and felt he had stepped on something. (Ugh I shudder to think of this!). That something was a live scorpion. He smooshed it so it didn't sting him. ( I can't even imagine if that'd been me! ) Anyway I praise the Lord for keeping him safe from a non-lethal but nasty sting. God is good!

God bless and keep you all,

Ade

Sep 18, 2021 11:12PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Faith, I am glad you bought the dress. Now I will pray that you kind find the right size if you need to exchange it..........or that you can have it altered to perfectly fit you. As Ade said, there is a lot of love and lifting you up in prayer. I hope you can feel that as I hope everyone on this thread can feel the same when we pray for each one of you.

Shannon, you are certainly not alone as you can see. We have all experienced the what ifs and what nows of our future. It is only human nature for us to wonder what tomorrow holds. Jesus wants us to trust Him day by day and He doesn't show us the big picture because frankly we as humans could not handle it. He wants to build our trust in Him and that is an ongoing process for each of us. Some days it comes very easily and others it is anything but that. You will get through this time and I believe your faith will be strengthened in the struggle.

GB, so glad to hear you had no allergic reaction. I have heard of different reactions to chemo like that and I am glad your NP put your mind at ease that it was not an infection but glad you have some meds just in case. Praying for your first Taxol treatment next week and will be praying for your work as far as taking some time off if needed.

Carol, you are a part of this little community even if you just read and post when you want to. We are glad to have you here with us.

Hershey, I hope your new schedule works out well for you. I am still praying for not only you but your Mom as well.

Jean, I hope you have a good weekend. It is nice to have you pop in when you feel like it.

Chris, I am praying that your new treatment will work. How have you felt on it so far? Always praying for you as you go through this.

Ade, I love all of your words and our heavenly Father does know exactly what we all need. Praise God for that. Now I wish I hadn't reread your scorpion story right before bedtime. Singing

Esther, two more radiation treatments to go. You are almost across the finish line. Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Sep 19, 2021 11:59AM HersheyKiss wrote:

Faith, I am so happy you have a dress for the wedding. I'd think the store would carry the dress online in your size; otherwise, I pray there is a local seamstress to make the alterations for you. Driving highways and freeways is scary for me, and I'm thankful you made it home safely from the mall.

Nancy, thank you for your prayers for my mom. This summer her assisted living center started a baking club for the residents. My mom was always a good cook, but baking was not something she especially enjoyed. She decided to join the baking club in July, and she loves it! The club meets every other week and has baked patriotic cakes for July 4th, lemon bars, banana bread, and apple pies. I'm not sure if it's the actual baking or the camaraderie she likes, but I'm thankful she's found an activity that gives her enjoyment.

Ade, thank you for your uplifting words of encouragement. So appreciated.

Prayers for a blessed Sunday for one and all.

Sep 19, 2021 12:30PM IntoLight wrote:

GB, yay for no reactions! Any good news is special right now!

Hershey, I am so glad your mom has found a group to feel she belongs to. That is so important. I am thankful Assisted Living has improved over the years. I remember sixty years ago my parents had a friend who had a very large house and was able to take in people who needed assistance or help as they aged--probably before major regulations. I remember fondly going over some weekends and helping out with the yardwork or baking or other small tasks. Of course, as the youngest and a girl I ran around giving out hugs and smiles. I can still remember a few special people...those who were ambulatory always perked up when they had something special to do or someone to talk to. I even remember one old bed-ridden man who had a drawer full of hershey bars and of course he would always give me one for a hug!

I am doing well on my new meds so far, five days down! I am also hesitant as it sometimes takes a week or so before it builds up in the system. I had a rough night Thursday night but that was partially my fault trying to regulate myself. This morning I am baking bacon and my DD is making pancakes, a treat and a good start to the morning. The tourist season is waning and it is peaceful outside. God is so good!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love, Chris

Sep 19, 2021 01:22PM Sunshine99 wrote:

Chris, I'll bet that your house smells wonderful!

I was able to get my COVID booster and flu shot on Friday. No ill effects, so far, other than a slightly sore arm on the COVID shot side.

It's very pleasant here today. Partly sunny and around 70 degrees. DH went for a hike this morning and I'm working away on a baby blanket for my MO. Her baby girl was delivered prematurely last month and will probably stay in the NICU until October. She showed me a picture of her during our video visit last week. She looks adorable and perfect.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Carol

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Page 645 of 646 (19,361 results)