Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 7 of 1,886 (18,851 results)

Mar 24, 2010 07:11PM Hope_M wrote:

I'm so glad to see this thread!  Now that I am almost 7 years out, I am not on the boards as much, but many of my posts here over the past years have dealt with faith issues.  I suppose they are still out there in cyberspace somewhere!

I have just turned 46, but as my doctors can confirm, the physical issues I face are more like those of a late 50's woman--I always say, "It's not the age, it's the mileage", and BC certainly puts on the miles!

My cancer experience was a turning point in my faith-- a real leap forward and a culmination of many threads in my life at the same time.  I have three sons and a wonderful husband of 22 years.  Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hope M.

Mar 25, 2010 10:27AM spar2 wrote:

Hope, I welcome you also.  Like JO I am 6 years out and so happy you found the thread.  Never would have made it through everything with the Lord carrying me.  My faith is what kept me going and  of course my family.  yes, BC sure seems to age you in so many ways. 

Thinking of you today groundhog and hoping your spirits are up.

Jackie thinking of your strength as you feed the animals no matter what the weather. 

Hope everyone has a God blessed day.

Mar 25, 2010 05:07PM spar2 wrote:

Kathleen, I was just rereading your above post and I had to laugh, everytime I get "puffedup" I get the air knocked out of me. LOL

Hope everyone is having a good day and a better evening.

Mar 26, 2010 11:06AM spar2 wrote:

Happy Friday everyone, hope all has a great weekend.

Hope how old are your boys?  My kids are grown with their own kids now.  I still wonder where all that time went.

My daughters MIL has colon and small intestine cancer and I would like to ask for prayers for her, her name is Betty.  Her first onc appt is Monday.  She already had surgery to more part of her colon and small intestines.

Our church is starting the Daniel Fast Sunday at 6pm so DH went to stock up on fresh veges and fruits and unsalted nuts and sea salt.  Can't have anything canned.  Could not find just natural peanut butter without any sugar or anything in it.  I wonder if we put fresh peanuts in a blender if that would make peanut butter.  I need peanut butter on my apples.  LOL

JO, God does know every hair that falls and yesterday sitting on the deck mine was coming out in handfuls and I just thought well I bet the birds will make good use of it in their nest building. The trees have not started blooming yet but there are a lot of birds nests already in the trees. 

Everyone have a God blessed day.

Mar 26, 2010 01:20PM cakeisgreat wrote:

Will be praying spar!  BTW, my local Shoprite has a peanut butter grinder near the deli counter.  You can grind it there, and they have some already ground for you if you dont want to do it yourself.  Just peanuts.  Really tasty!

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 26, 2010 03:34PM - edited Mar 26, 2010 03:36PM by Sierra

Well Hello there Spar:

I just popped in ce soir

and saw your thread

What a great idea!

Please know that I am

praying for Betty .. and you too

You know, I am a Christian

believer, and ..

10 years out, very much a lover of life

and chatting on nature, movies, books

having a good laugh often is important to me

Thanks for the thread

and Ill pop in as much as possible

feel free to PM me any time

I am in Canada, a young senior

and very active, 

anyone from San Fran, Montreal

or Maine or Bermuda, do drop me a note

lived all these places

Namaste

to all

ps.. Lots of birds nests around here

and robins abound :)

Sierra :) 

The Time is Now! Dx 1/2000, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER-/PR-

Mar 26, 2010 04:13PM patoo wrote:

Hi everyone.  I love clicking on here and seeing all my sisters-in-Christ.  10 years out; 7 years out; 6 years out... - yes, God IS in control.

Blessings.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel

Mar 27, 2010 05:44AM GramE wrote:

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday was such a pretty day - the trees are greening up and the cherry blossoms are opening and the birds twittering and although overcast, the glory and splendor of our Lord was everywhere.   It uplifts me and makes me realize I am but a teensy tiny part of the overall picture.   But I am one of God's children and HE is there for me.    Hugs and Blessings, Nancy

Mar 27, 2010 05:50AM kmccraw423 wrote:

Good morning sisters.

Spar ... so far so good!  I haven't been on this thread in a couple of days or I would have posted earlier.  I will join the prayer circle for Betty.  I'm so sorry.  As you study the Bible, it is apparent man hasn't changed much.  Those examples in the Bible constantly repeat their mistakes.  I guess we do that too!  So glad He is so understanding.

There is a cartoon which I cannot post that shows a boy on God's lap which says "How about if instead of giving you everything that you think you want for Christmas, I give you what you need."

May God touch your life and bless you.

Kathleen Dx 10/3/2008, DCIS, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 27, 2010 10:33AM spar2 wrote:

Kathleen, love the cartoon picture above.  Yes, when you read the bible there was so much evil going on then too.  One day though there will be no evil, pain, or sorrow.

thank you all so much for your prayers for Betty, my heart is so sad for her and all her kids.

Sierra, it is so good so see you here.  I miss you dear girl.  You are an animal lover like me.

Nancy, you certainly are part of the picture.  I mean if God knows every hair on our head, we are part of it all.  It is greening up here too slowly but surely.  DH has got some baby cabbage sprouts coming up in the house, waiting for the right time to plant them.  I think he already got the onions all planted. 

Cakeisgreat, this is a very small town and we don't have a shoprite but I think I will check out homeland and see if they have natural peanut butter, the only other place is walmart and they didn't.  Thank you so much for your prayers.

Hope everyone has a God bless day.

Page 7 of 1,886 (18,851 results)

Scroll to top button