Topic: CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Let's make an art gallery!

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself.

Posted on: Sep 24, 2015 09:24AM - edited Sep 24, 2015 11:26AM by moderators

Posted on: Sep 24, 2015 09:24AM - edited Sep 24, 2015 11:26AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

We would like to create a slide show gallery of our YOUR art! Paintings, sketches, ceramics, sculpture, crafts, gardens, quilts, photography, jewelry, stained glass, mosaics, poetry .... you name it! We may show this slide show at our annual Rock the Ribbon event on October 22nd.

Please post photos here, even if you have it on another thread, along with your name and location.

We can't wait to see al the talent here!!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 57 of 168 (1,675 results)

Jan 14, 2017 10:05AM OncoWarrior wrote:

Mike, I checked the link. Beautiful stuff.

the Chinese New year is coming and this time is Rooster. I bet you could make a great drawing/painting for that.

"I traded my Perky Bosoms for a Perky Attitude!"

Feb 9, 2017 09:35AM feelingfeline wrote:

NerdyThumbsUp

Best wishes for your health and healing Jo

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 11, 2017 08:00PM moonflwr912 wrote:

Such talent here. And so many modest people! LOL.

I saw this saying many years ago, and its still true: "Creativity never sings, until the inner critic is silent."

How true is that! Hugs and much love to all.

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/7/2011 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/16/2012 Reconstruction (Left) Targeted Therapy 2/15/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/15/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/12/2012 Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/9/2012 Reconstruction (Left) Surgery 8/13/2013 Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 9/3/2013 Reconstruction (Left) Surgery 12/12/2013 Reconstruction (Left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (Right): Saline implant

Mar 8, 2017 02:38PM QuinnCat wrote:

Starting to see the end of my forgery underpainting. I still have no idea how to glaze, otherwise she might already be a strawberry blonde. So much left to do. Sandro Botticelli Portrait of a Young Woman (Simonetta Vespucci). She was a muse of Botticelli. The poor girl died in her early 20's. I started painting on January 8th. Parts of the braid, cameo and blouse yet to be touched by paint.

Mar 9, 2017 03:02AM feelingfeline wrote:

Beautiful QuinnCat. Undoubtedly much to be learned as you study Botticelli. You are putting your learning into practice. The piece is already beautiful, and even if it were never finished it would still be beautiful.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 9, 2017 01:33PM QuinnCat wrote:

Thanks FF. I will finish. Our little small town atelier has invitations to "big city" galleries on the table (one in NYC). Not that my painting will be chosen, but I want to at least try. We have some people who have been with this teacher for 5 years and were already artists to start with. I'm a rank beginner, but love it. I would never have thought I'd paint something like this, but the more I looked and looked for a candidate from the old masterpieces (need a hi res jpeg and for it to be free of copyrights), they all started growing on me. (Never did take a class in Art History.) My life will not be long enough to do all of the forgeries I would want to do!

Mar 9, 2017 11:56PM feelingfeline wrote:

Nerdy

Mar 10, 2017 11:01AM wren44 wrote:

Quinn, Really interesting to see how beauty standards change over time. Her nose is especially different from what's considered beautiful today. And I'm sure she was the very height of beauty in her time. Perhaps if we wait long enough, short and tubby will come back and I'll be in style.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed. Chemotherapy 6/17/2022 Other Surgery Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery Mastectomy (Right)

Mar 10, 2017 07:47PM QuinnCat wrote:

Well, I fixed her nose today, in class Wren!! LOL! Does it look any better? She's Italian!

She was the muse for Botticelli's Birth of Venus (just her face shown) and another portrait:

Mar 11, 2017 06:27PM wren44 wrote:

Actually, it does look better with skin coloring. She was really beautiful. My mother's nose looked a lot like that. I have a photo done in black & white and later colored. She died when I was four, so I have just a few, but vivid, memories of her. One was long polished nails. I've never been able to keep mine nice like that.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed. Chemotherapy 6/17/2022 Other Surgery Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery Mastectomy (Right)

Page 57 of 168 (1,675 results)

Scroll to top button