We are 224,828 members in 82 forums discussing 157,962 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Forum: Stage III Breast Cancer — You are not alone. Meet others who have Stage III breast cancer.

Posted on: Dec 8, 2012 08:40AM

AlwaysHope wrote:

A place to post hope for those who are stage 3. Please posts your stories of HOPE for those just starting this journey.

Page 50 of 50 (1,479 results)

Posts 1471 - 1479 (1,479 total)

Nov 8, 2019 07:34PM mpv459 wrote:

Kmur… These posts are so helpful, thank you.. I am just like you, afraid to look to far ahead. I am in radiation and then will start estrogen blockers.. Wishing you bunches of happy days ahead.

mpv459

Nov 12, 2019 10:19AM Lexica wrote:

Kim, thank you so much for checking back in and CONGRATS!

Diagnosed at 34. 2 years of Ibrance via PALLAS trial (ends 4/2020) Dx 7/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/15/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Dx 12/27/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 1/16/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Nov 12, 2019 05:03PM Bob7637 wrote:

Your post on 5 yrs and out made me smile

My name is Bob I go by 1 Bravo Whiskey (1 Breasted Warrior) I am a 4 yr survivor of stage 3 triple Pos Male Breast Cancer. Had the surgery with a lot of nodes taken, 30 weeks chemo, 12 weeks of radiation, was rock bottom sick. I set my goals high for recovery, this yr did 2 5k runs, 3rd yr of the 26 mile Closer to free bike ride, and started skydiving, did 6 jumps from 14k feet this summer (yes I wore a sleeve) working to get my skydiving license by my 5th yr May 25th 2020 anniversary. My expiration date stamped on my butt readable only by god came and went. I am doing everything on my and my wife wish list.Cancer and treatment I wouldn't wish on anybody, but was the best worst thing that ever happened to me as I now enjoy every breath I take. Skydiving has just enhanced my enjoyment of life. To all out there never give up, positive attitude helps with your altitude! I hope to finish my AFF and skydive in every state and talk to as many as I can about my cancer that will listen so that they may be more aware that it can happen to them and get treatment early. I new something was wrong and waited 6 months longer than I should have. I wait no longer I JUMP into things full bore now!!

Blue Sky's to all!

Robert Huebner

Nov 12, 2019 05:52PM Euphoriaa wrote:

Kim and Bob, you are such an inspiration. Congrats on your goals!

Dx 9/24/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Nov 12, 2019 06:36PM mpv459 wrote:

Hi Bob: Thank you for your inspiring story. You are a rock star !!!!!!

mpv459

Nov 12, 2019 09:45PM kdrake1007 wrote:

@Kmur,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your stats are so similar to mine, and provide such hope to me. I'm just over a year out of chemo and just short of 2 years on my diagnosis. I'm doing a clinical trial and I think this has kept my head in the "cancer" space for longer than it would have if I wasn't doing the trial. As there have been since March 2018, there are good days and bad days. Today was a badish day, so I'm back here looking for hope. You and so many others have provided it!

Smile

Kim

Dx 3/15/2018, IDC: Tubular, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 4/16/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 4/26/2018 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 5/31/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/14/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 1/9/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/31/2019 Verzenio

Nov 13, 2019 08:41AM kmur wrote:

Hi You all , had to jump back on to say thank you for your good wishes. I check in a few times after posting the yearly ( still here post!! ) haha Had to say I said stage "3ers" because of folks like you Bob, it is all of us men, young, healthy, no history etc etc etc ...you all know this. Just had to say ...This place this thread made me feel it was possible . So important for you to know , don't forget to live . Bob , you are awesome! I would be scared out of my mind to jump from a really great plane and running .... I just started kinda jogging a mile or so! If chased by a bear I can tell you how that would end for sure! Truly wonderful your spin on cancer ( Take that cancer...he will see you jumping from a plane ) These are the stories I hope newly diagnosed folks see and maybe they will see we are here.

Kim , it makes me happy to know , posting can just lift a bad day. Sometimes I would read this thread over again . Sadly, when I heard things like " Jane is so strong , so positive " ( this is a make believe name ) I thought wow , Im super glad she is strong cause I'm scared half to death. Anyway, I think it is ok to be where you are at that moment . I found in my scared to death moments , a person or situation was planted on my path and I felt better for that . So if in a very small way , I can make someone feell hopeful , that would make it ok .As Bob said, cancer is not something I wanted to have but it has given me gifts too . Friends I never would have met ( one from what we called the chemo lounge I call her chemo Kim ( we are both Kim ) She gave me her emend as I exploded my pill all over the floor trying to open the package it was an expensive pill in a really great hard to open package ) Bob found running and plane leaping !! So great !! I found art . I could not draw a circle but today I am full on painting and sculpting old Santa's and have sent my art in many places . Cancer changes the view and opened my eyes . I wish you good days and hope. With satge three grade three positive nodes ( all the negative boxes checked off ) still here . Still not going to poke the bear as it could still hear me but you hang in there and the further you get , the more you will forget all this yucky stuff . Love to you all . Thinking of you and now I have to find that ten year thread and aggravate them! May stick around here a few more times but if you do not hear from me , I have moved on over

Kim Dx 4/7/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 14, 2019 01:44PM Bob7637 wrote:

My wife had it framed for me:

"My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me but failed. They are the markings of where the structure of my charecter was welded"

By. Steve Maraboli

Robert Huebner

Nov 23, 2019 04:47PM Noor46 wrote:

When I heard I had IBC, Stage III breastcancer, the only thing I could think was that I would never live another 5 years. This thread and others on BCO gave me hope on a good outcome.

I am 5 years out now and NED! This hole experience made me think about what I wanted to do with my life and I made a radical career change, which I doubt I would have dared to do without cancer.

You can do it too!

Noor

L'air du paradis est celui qui souffle entre les oreilles d'un cheval. The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. Arabian Proverb Dx 11/19/2014, IBC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/28/2014 CEF Chemotherapy 3/23/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 6/23/2015 Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 8/17/2015 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Page 50 of 50 (1,479 results)