Topic: Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 05:39PM

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 05:39PM

thedudess wrote:

Hi I am newly diagnosed and I know alot of people rely on their faith for support and find great peace with that, however I am a atheist and was wondering if anyone else here was also.

thanks

Dx 1/7/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 280 of 875 (8,744 results)

Feb 24, 2011 09:16AM socallisa wrote:

If I believed in heaven, there are sure alot of people I wouldn't want to have to

see again

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Feb 24, 2011 09:30AM River_Rat wrote:

SoCalLisa, so true!  

Does anybody else have a problem not capitalizing heaven and other things just from years of being ingrained to do so?

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

Feb 24, 2011 09:32AM Bren-2007 wrote:

Not so much anymore ... if I'm posting in a mixed group, I'll capitalize god out of respect for the believers.

Bren

Feb 24, 2011 09:43AM - edited Feb 24, 2011 09:44AM by River_Rat

Ah so there's hope.  It just seems weird to me that I still do that with god, heaven, and hell unless I slow myself down and think and it's been about three years since I gave up trying to believe.....and lots of years of struggling with it.

Feb 24, 2011 10:55AM Maya2 wrote:

raeinnz:  I'm so sorry your country is having to cope with another earthquake. Keeping you in my thoughts. New Zealand is a fabulously beautiful country with warm, welcoming people.

I too usually capitalise God, but not the others, also to avoid offense. Although usually believers don't seem to worry about offending me. 

In a Huff Post article Einstein was quoted. 'After the death of his old friend, Albert Einstein said "Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us...know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." ' So was Einstein possibly cultivating the "singularity" theory?

Feb 24, 2011 11:08AM ananda8 wrote:

I find it offensive that Western believers capitalize god, but when referring to the deities of Hindu believers these same Westerners use a lower case spelling.

When talking to any believer, I use "your god" or "the god".  I will use capital letters when referring to the names of deities or organization.  Baptist is capitalized.  The deity is not unless this deity is referred to by name such as Jesus or Shiva.

I have the opinion that capitalizing the word god indicates a subtle belief and just encourages the believer into think there might be a possibility of rescuing me from my godless life. Wink 

“Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.”

Feb 24, 2011 12:29PM socallisa wrote:

hey I am trying this on my kindle

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Feb 24, 2011 12:31PM socallisa wrote:

guess it worked

Feb 24, 2011 12:37PM River_Rat wrote:

Yes it did. Smile

Feb 24, 2011 12:41PM Bren-2007 wrote:

Way to go Lisa!  You're years ahead of me with all this new technology!

Page 280 of 875 (8,744 results)

Scroll to top button