Topic: Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 06:39PM

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 06:39PM

thedudess wrote:

Hi I am newly diagnosed and I know alot of people rely on their faith for support and find great peace with that, however I am a atheist and was wondering if anyone else here was also.

thanks

Dx 1/7/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 290 of 875 (8,744 results)

Mar 14, 2011 03:02PM River_Rat wrote:

Lisa, one of your pics would make me a happy camper - thought I had stumbled into the wrong thread.  I'm not trying to stop any conversation, just really thought I had clicked on the Buddhist thread which I did read part of the other day.  As I said before part of it is intriguing but for the main it's just not my thing.

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

Mar 14, 2011 03:03PM socallisa wrote:

Hi River Rat, yep there is a Buddist thread, and I stay out of it as well as the others

dealing with religion

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Mar 14, 2011 03:08PM socallisa wrote:

river rat

A spring rose for you and our other non thesists

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Mar 14, 2011 03:13PM River_Rat wrote:

Lisa, thanks.  I swear I think I can smell it, but then again I am so anxious for spring to get here. This winter has been too cold and snowy for me.

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

Mar 14, 2011 03:32PM socallisa wrote:

Me too RiverRat..even tho we don't get snow, it is so nice to

see tha changes in the seasons..we don't get much hot weather

either in the summer..but I like be nice a warm rather than

freezing. We played tennis this am at 0800 and it was 55 and

kinda dark..but then the sun came out and warmed us all up..

Mar 14, 2011 05:02PM ananda8 wrote:

SoCalLisa,

I hope I didn't offend you by asking questions that you do not wish to answer.

“Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.”

Mar 14, 2011 06:51PM socallisa wrote:

Cool

Mar 14, 2011 09:29PM luv_gardening wrote:

Hi Arlene, 

You'll find most who have reached enlightenment are non sectarian as religion is just another form of ego.  Those who still stay in their religion probably do so to keep the respect of their followers and also as a means of keeping some social order.

I came here from England in my 20's, having lived in a hot climate in Central Africa as a child, I never got used to cold, cramped, depressed England. I was the first to emigrate and most of my family followed me.  I have friends who live near Coffs Harbour but it's a full day's drive from where I am.  At the moment I'm tied to living near my mother who has Alzheimer's but I'd love to get away to somewhere more picturesque. Otherwise I'd like to move closer to Mum as she lives in a lovely area, but I'm wary of being too near the coast now I've seen what a tsunami can do! 

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2011 10:14PM socallisa wrote:

Wow Sheila, what a life you have led...I only lived on one other continent and that was for only four years..I hope you find the best spot for you!!

Mar 14, 2011 11:09PM - edited Aug 10, 2012 06:04PM by del4

This Post was deleted by del4.

Page 290 of 875 (8,744 results)

Scroll to top button