Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited March 2013

just had some hot tea and a hot shower

feeling ok mybe these muscle relaxers work

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited March 2013

beautiful pics Bernie! Can't wait to see more. and lmao at yer funny, mese jest loves you so much! Tanks to you and yer DH for hosting Kat and her DH, you de bestest.

welcome sparty, come back again. we always have cold beer on tap and I saved ya a bar stool.

glad you are painless Orla, yippeeeee!!

Welcome home Katrwinka, missed you so much!

Hello Cammie, you always make me laugh and i love ya.

Sorry to make this short, off to see mese Mommy, hoping she is more settled todey. Happy Thirstdey goils. Dwink up.....ChEErs! and lots of love too ♥

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2013

Orange I'm watching my Bloody Valentine right now--I've seen it before but thanks to my chemo brain, I can watch it again.

It's almost 50 here or almost ith the sun out. Well I know it's always out just clouds over it--it's just an expression.

Orange stay pain free---Question---when u have a bad headache why don't pain pills work on that cuz u take them for whatever else hurts then u can't take aspirin for u'r headache. Oh such a conundrum.  Is that the right wor?, did I use it right? I love that word. U know how u like certain words like cupcake and marshmellow--I like all of those words--I just like to use them.

• Orange73
    edited March 2013

Im watching the same thing..... See cammie we r in the Living room tgther.Well I sit up in my bed and watch TV on pain days

I know its so weird I have no idea why?

I think thats the way to say that word I am so loopy on these relaxers I love it

• Orange73
    edited March 2013
    funny pictures
  • juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2013

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Julie that is so true.

OK how come u didn't screw up the screen? the picture is huge, I use reg pictures and my screen goes haywire. I thing the universe has it in for me.

It's Fried day, but it's Good Friday so Lent is just a few hrs away from being over. So Dorky u can resume u normal language again. I think it ends Sat. at noon--well it did anyway. And u'r already in the first time zone of the USA so u'r the first. Never made sense to me either --just another problem I had in catholic school. I uess they could tell my Dad was an atheist.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

I'm back, I can't believe this was so quiet tonite maybe everyone is stil traveling or recouping but too quiet tonite--Julie can't drink forever here and I'm on an antibiotic again so someone has to drink for us and no one is.

• juliet62
    edited March 2013

back in work tonight, so will definitley be on the chocolate.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Julie---chocolate is good--so good.

• juliet62
    edited March 2013

now your back on antibiotics, does this mean they know what  bug is causing your uti?. don't forget to drink plenty of fluids!        my dads birthday was a couple of weeks ago and has his grandkids gave him a big box of choccy( he's turned into a chocoholic) i said to my sister i would wait a couple of weeks and send him some more. well it arrived yesterday, he saved the outside box to show my mother,that as  it was only addresed to him  he DOESN'T have to share Laughing

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Julie hahaha I love u'r Dad ===that' perfect. LOL

Julie another bladder thing going on--something is going wrong IDK--she sent it in for a culture this time??? I've had different antibiotics each time and it's getting more painful around to my lowere stomach and around my back to the righ>  So I have no idea.

• juliet62
    edited March 2013

back and stomach pain sound more like a kidney infection or irratation, if it gets worse or you start having fevers you call that doc pronto,ok, luv you,feel better soon 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited March 2013
    TWO NUNS WERE SHOPPING AT A 7-11 STORE. AS THEY PASSED BY THE BEER

COOLER, ONE NUN SAID TO THE OTHER, "WOULDN'T A NICE COOL BEER OR TWO

TASTE WONDERFUL ON A HOT SUMMER EVENING?"

THE SECOND NUN ANSWERED, "INDEED IT WOULD, SISTER, BUT I WOULD NOT

FEEL COMFORTABLE BUYING BEER,SINCE I AM CERTAIN IT WOULD CAUSE A SCENE

AT THE CHECKOUT STAND."

"I CAN HANDLE THAT WITHOUT A PROBLEM," THE OTHER NUN REPLIED, AND SHE

PICKED UP A SIX-PACK AND HEADED FOR THE CHECK-OUT. THE CASHIER HAD A

SURPRISED LOOK ON HIS FACE WHEN

THE TWO NUNS ARRIVED WITH A SIX-PACK OF BEER.  

"WE USE BEER FOR WASHING OUR HAIR". THE NUN SAID, "BACK AT OUR

NUNNERY, WE CALL IT CATHOLIC SHAMPOO.

WITHOUT BLINKING AN EYE, THE CASHIER REACHED UNDER THE COUNTER. PULLED

OUT A PACKAGE OF PRETZEL STICKS, AND PLACED THEM IN THE BAG WITH THE

BEER.

HE THEN LOOKED THE NUN STRAIGHT IN THE EYE, SMILED, AND SAID: "THE

CURLERS ARE ON THE HOUSE."
  • Orange73
    edited March 2013

ha good one Adey

• Orange73
    edited March 2013

March

, Friday

funny pictures

March

, Friday

funny pictures

March

, Friday

funny pictures

March

, Friday

funny pictures

• Orange73
    edited March 2013

sorry they all posted just wanted the last one the map how funny

The other ones for u dork its a molefucker junping around

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited March 2013

DIARY OF A POMMIE IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORY

August 31
          -Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK to our new home in
          Tennant Creek, NT.
          Now this is a town that knows how to live!
          Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings.
          I watched the sunset from a deckchair by our pool yesterday.
          It was beautiful.
          I've finally found my new home.
          I love it here.

September 13
          -Really heating up now.
          It got to 31 today.
          No problem though.
          Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car.
          What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this
          I'm turning into a sun-worshipper - no blasted rain like back in Leeds !!

September 30
         -Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today.
         Lots of palms and rocks.
         No more mowing lawns for me!
         Another scorcher today, but I love it here.
         It's Paradise !

October 10
          -The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week.
          How do people get used to this kind of heat?
          At least today it's windy though.
          Keeps the flies off a bit.
          Acclimatizing is taking longer than we expected.

October 15
          -Fell asleep by the pool yesterday.
          Got third degree burns over 60% of my body.
          Missed three days off work.
          What a dumb thing to do..
          Got to respect the old Sun in a climate like this!

October 20
        -Didn't notice Kitty sneaking into the car before I
         left for work this morning.
         By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and
         swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery.
        The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shite.
         I've learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25
          - This wind is a ba**ard.
          It feels like a giant **cking blow dryer.
          And it's hot as hell!
          The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man
         charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts
         from **cking Adelaide ......The wife & the kids are complaining.

October 30
          - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't
           arrived for the air conditioner.
           House is an oven so we've all been sleeping outside by the pool
          for 3 nights now.
          Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside.
          Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4
          Finally got the freaking air-conditioner fixed. It cost $1,500
         and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the   humidity
         makes it feel about 35.
          Stupid repairman.
          **cking thief.

November 8
          - If one more smart ba**ard says 'Hot enough for you today?'
          I'm going to **cking throttle him.
          **cking heat!
          By the time I get to work, the car radiator is boiling over, my
          **cking clothes are soaking **cking wet and I smell like baked cat.
          **cking place is the end of the Earth.

November 9
          - Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on
           the black leather upholstery in my car.
          I thought my arse was on fire.
          I lost 2 layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my  arse.
          Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat.
          *uck. *uck. *uck.

November 10
          -- The Weather report might as well be an effing recording..
          Hot and sunny.
          Hot and sunny, Hot and **cking sunny.
          It never **cking changes!
          It's been too hot to do anything for 2 **cking months and the
          weatherman says it might really warm up next week.
          *uck!

November 15
          - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn **cking place?
          Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms
         might just dry up and blow into the effing useless pool.
          The only things that thrive in this f hell-hole are the freaking flies.
          You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a
          dozen of the little ba**ards!

November 20
          - Welcome to HELL!
          It got to 45 *uckin' degrees today.
          Now the air conditioner gone in my car.
          The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you
           today?'
          I wanted to shove the **cking car up his arse.
          Anyway, had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid p*ick.
          Fu**ing Tennant Creek!
          What kind of sick, demented idiot would want to live here!

December 1
          - WHAT!!!! The FIRST day of Summer??!!!!
          You are **cking kidding me!

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

OK Adey--good one

Julie u'r so kind, u and NM always take care of what I don't have a clue about. I've never had badder thins wrong and now I get one ight after the other and it's painful, which I didn't know--and altho I've talked to the Dr. I'm not making myself clear. The said my Mri showed no cancer, I found out it was showing my vertabrae and discs--OK but the ER dr. saw cancer in the area of my bladder and kidney, not my vertabrae that's a mess so I think they think he confused that with cancer. Can't these Drs. get the ER U;tra Sounds, cuz neither saw it.?? I'm a terrible patient cu I've never questioned my Drs. before nor had any question--now that  do I really feel like I don't know how to handle any of this. I was told an ER Dr. doesn't see can er a lot and there are lesions on my back so he might have mistaken them for cancer-OK but I'm taking about my bladder and kidney not the middle of my back OMG I don't even make sense to myself anymore--Ireaize he can be totally wrong, but he saw somethin odd and he wasn't a kid he was like 40ish so I'm very confused and my brain isn't handling it really well. I'm not scared just really curious for some reason. I'm calling today for a copy of the ulra-sound not the MRI.

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Orange I taped Chrnobyl Diearies another B or C scary movie where it costs about 2.48 for their lighting. But It's got my interest now. hahaha

So I thought I'd let u know. LOL

Where is everybody?

• juliet62
    edited March 2013

lost a post, anyway, cammi, here goes again, you can have what they call referred pain,which why kidney pain can be in your back,side or belly, so agan ,increase pain or fevers call that md,,   fyi,gallbladder problems,the first sign of trouble can be  right shoulder pain, so your body is a tricky bugger. have a good night everybody.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited March 2013

Lol Bernie........yup.....that's just what it's like in Tenant Creek! If you don't like heat don't go there.........it sure is a little piece of hell on earth.....hahahaha!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited March 2013

Good evening, Loungettes!  It has been a long week and it's not over yet.  I've got to work tomorrow to make up for not getting it all done today.  Sigh. 

ORLA--I'm not really sure what to think about you getting red when doing something like trying on clothes.  I do know that some people will break out in hives in heat or cold, it's a neurological thing.  Are you taking anything like arimadex?  Hormonal imbalances can cause all kinds of funky symptoms.

Juliet--allergies can develop after repeated exposure to a substance, and considering how strong medical cleaners are it's a wonder more people don't develop allergies or some kind of reaction to them. 

Cammy--I guess Maine is just too close to the north pole.  The snow finally is melting off now, though, with the rain yesterday and the almost 50 degrees we got today. 

DorKable--I know that getting your mom a catheter sounds like it would be easier for her but the truth is that catheters are the #1 cause of UTIs.  It's better to get a culture and find out for sure what bacteria is growing and what antibiotics the bacteria is sensitive to.  Probably the antibiotic your mom got was something the bacteria was resistant to. 

Becs--your nips are gonna be famous! 

BBBBernie--wonderful pics!

Cammy--aspirin and other pain meds often do not work on headaches because headaches are a unique kind of pain.  It's not really nerve pain, but there is an element of that, it's not really inflammation, but there is an element of that.  Muscle relaxants can help headaches but makes most people wonky and is overkill.  The best way to treat a headache is with stretches of the neck muscles.  Heat often helps tight neck muscles to relax and that will help stop a headache. 

Adey--LOL,LOL!

Cammy--try not to take the ER doc's cancer comment too seriously.  ER docs are not trained to read MRI's or Ultrasounds.  Some ER docs can do basic X-ray reading, but only basic stuff.  It's much better to go with the official reading by a doc trained to read these tests. 

OK, I am bushed, gonna drink another glass of vino and hit the hay. 

• camillegal
    edited March 2013

Just popped in to say goodnight--a long day today but I'm so privileged to have my very own medical staff here to make me feel better really--u ladies do and I'm very thankful.

So since Julie and I can't drink--SOMEONE TAKE OVER then I'll really feel good.

OK nite everyone

Lubs u so much

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited March 2013

i got cher back, Cammi, dwinking some HARD MIKE for ya!

Hi Chrissy, yippee, luv seeing your bootiful face in de HTL!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited March 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Dwinking coffee and eating cold pizza for breakfast before heading off to work.  Hopefully it will only be half a day. . .

• Orange73
    edited March 2013

ohn good one cammie

Hi NM ok ill have this red thing cked out it only happened after surgery

where was everone  last night

I went out with a friend last  nite mese gots so drunk

My ex was out and my girlfriend told him off I didnt know until later he sent me lots of text he was mad

I hate him hes controlling and abusive he cant take the fact im independent and he gets mad

k pop in later

• Orange73
    edited March 2013
    funny pictures
  • wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited March 2013

Good Morning Ladies of the Lounge!

Dang, either its jet lag or I am coming down with a cold...either way I am NOT taking naps as I want to acclimate to this time zone again, but I did start on zicam yesterday just in case...and will take it till I am sure it isn't a cold. If it is, I think (even though they say cold weather alone won't get you sick) it may have been when the hotel in Dublin had sent me the OUTDATED shuttle schedule from airport....and it was freezing or below, and very windy...had to be out in that for almost an hr till it finally showed up, close to 12:30 ayem. Then we were up till 3 and slept for maybe 3 hrs. Wanted to get going early to get to Bernies! And really Bernie, I just can't thank you enough for all you did for us, you and your DH...wow! Did I tell you girls, that Bernie took us on a tour of the area, so much history and with my sleep-deprived bwain, I am glad she didn't test me afterwards...lol. Oh yeah, we went to a pub first, that had been an old church...omg I don't remember how old Bernie said it was, but there were architectural remnants that were amazing. I did take pics. AND those pics Bernie posted were what she showed us and we got out some, but it was brrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold, so I didn't take as many pics as I would have wanted to. LOTS of Bulmer's Cider and Guinness, both at the pub and at Bernie's Bed & Breakfast. She cooked us such amazing meals, all traditional Irish food, and soooooooo good!!!! Then this sweet gal gave me a special gift that she wouldn't let me open till after we left....we both would have been bawling, for sure. Thanks again, Bernie, for all you did!!!

Wow Becks, your nips are famous, that is really, really, awesome! Will they ever have feeling again? I think its amazing that you have your OWN nips put back on....and not made up of skin into the shape, and tattoos. I do miss having any sensation in my foobs...but thought the numbness would be really annoying...not too bad though, guess we get used to that. Imagine having your nips published...so great that they did that for you! Technology is amazing, what can be done now that couldn't be done years ago.

NM and Julie, just love all your knowledge and advice. SO nice to have you both giving us bits of info. I agree with you NM, that a catheter should be the last resort. I hated having to do that to pts when I worked in a nursing home during nursing school...seems like that was the easy way out for the staff. Sure hope they can get your mom fixed up, Dorkie! Just am very thankful she is up there where you all can check on her and make sure they take good care of her. Hope you get to talk to someone there, so they will be more vigilant with her care.

Well, very tired, but got up early and wanted to pop into the lounge. Pants, be a sweetie, and bring me an IRISH COFFEE....oh, what did you say? You made enough for all of us??? Wow, that is awesome. Come on girls, lets have a toast to Ireland and its beautiful country and amazing people! Slainte!!!

Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss to all,

Kath

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited March 2013

OH, and wasn't it awesome that Sue arrived at Lori's,and I arrived at Bernie's, on the SAME DAY!!! We just got to spend one night together though as we had to get back to the hotel and repack all the luggage so we could catch the shuttle back to the airport at 5 ayem. Hope to see a pic of Lori and Sue, and I'll see if I can post one later of Bernie and I. I am jealous, cuz Sue stayed THREE nights at Lori's Shady Lady, and we just had time to spend ONE night at Bernie's!!!! Hated to leave, but glad we got together, even just for a short visit. I think its always awesome when we can spend REAL face time with each other!!!! So.....dwink up.....Pants and Jock filled up the bar with these...