Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• wraithg
    wraithg Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013

As soon as I got out of hospital after masectomy and recon I had a glass of wine. That night only one but have built up to my usual bottle since. I quite smoking dec 20 and still miss it occasionally but god help me if I have to give up my wine. Damn , I mean , I have to have one good time thing to do!! I can't go see my fave friend as we use to smoke and drink in her place , so much fun but can't take the chance with the smokes. Who knows I may start again but not dwelling or worried about it. I toast all of you!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Geralyn I don't know u , do I. Memory thing. Well I'll welcome u into our part of the worl of drinks. So u like wine" That was always one of my favs. Everyone on this thread is absolutely fabulous, u can really come in and recharge u'rself. And good for u to quit smoking, I haven't. When did u have u'r surgery? And what are u doing now?

Kat I can't believe u, u have to leave tonight. Oh u'r amazing. One of my GF's who used to travel alot said her fav places were Australia and New Zealand, which u already know but safe travels and let us know if u can how things are going and for how long u'll be gone. Chit  I love that u can just pack up and go. That's another long trip.

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited April 2013

OOPS Cami....I got ya! LOL....only thing I could think of at the last second....nope not traveling tonight! Well....had to drive around for over an hr cause DH did NOT get correct directions for a place we were going to take the truck, and later on, the car, for detailing.....FINALLY found it after stopping 4 times, and I was having to follow him, in the car.

Anyway, HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY TO YOU ALL~~~!!!

A MonkeyDey April Fool's...

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Welcome to the lounge, Geralyn! We are some wild and crazy gals!!!

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Hope everyone is having a GR8 April Fool's Day!!!!! Embarassed

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited April 2013

Happy a fool day lol

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited April 2013
    funny pictures
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited April 2013

Good afternoon, Loungettes!  Well, the rain stopped and the sun came out for while today, it was heavenly!  Now it's clouding up again.  Sigh. 

Cammy--if they can't handle REAL coffee, make them make it themselves! 

Adey--you don't like sandwiches???  I never heard of a person who didn't like some kind of sandwich! 

Goldie--I remember doing the eggs with lots of colors.  You start with white eggs, put wax where you want white to show, then dip in a light color like yellow and put wax where you want yellow and continue on up through the darker colors.  I've seen some done that way that were very intricate!

Wahine--enjoy New Zealand, and write soonliest!

Geralyn--Welcome to the Hot Tatties Lounge!!  We all gotta have at least one way to enjoy life, and we have chosen dwinking!  It may be virual or real, but dwink we will! 

Congrats on quitting smoking! 

Wahine--Oh, you April Fools meanie!!!!!!!!!!!

ORLA--good to know how to tell a good party from a GREAT Partay!  What kind of partay was it if the DOG wakes up wearing a traffic cone??????

• wahine
    edited April 2013

LOL NM, you must've forgotten that I usually do sumtin every yr on April 1st! One year we were in Tunica, and I think some of the gals might remember I wrote how I hit a BIG jackpot, and everyone was happy for me.....then I had to admit it was an April Fool's joke! Forgot what I did last year, but unfortunately I don't plan on what I might say, just think of something on the spur of the moment, so I don't really do anything awesome. BUT I did get ya for a few minutes, right???/ LOL...puleez don't think I'm a meanie.....puleez??????? Hahaha...OK time for a dwink! Bottoms Up Girls!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited April 2013

this is the doc i saw the morning,, one for cammi, its tendonitis of the shoulder, so pt and motrin.   

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited April 2013

Happy monkey day...which I think is too nice for dis Monday! I think the job assignment I been on gave me the crankiest ol' farts dey can muster up, plus 5 progress reports. Oh I'm sorry.... I'm bitchy. Can we say bitchy?? Is anyone else on Tami cuz I blames it for ebberyting!!! Im bitchy and tired and big boned and ditzy cause of Tami. Das for the record.

Cami, hi. Wussup girl. You gonna punch Adey in da nose? Knuckle sammich? Take pics beforehand. Ha! Sneak it in on you....hold camera up high and point down and purse your lips. Das what my niece does and I take pics like dat to mock her. Hope you girls have fun. I nabber got to see Undies yet. We busy in California. Work and getin sick kicked my arse.

Wahine...I thought, wow she be takin dis bucket list thing pretty seriously! Love pics of you n Bernie!! Glad you had Fun.

Ooooh Juliet, ortho not so hard on da eyes. Did you slip your shirt down over your shoulder and bat your eyes at him? Can we just hire him at the HTL for our sports medicine guy??

Welcome Geralyn. We likes wino's (how you spell). Omg, today I could not remember how to spell "weeklies/weeklys" chit I told you girls Tami makes me a ding bat!

I soooo tired. One more day of evil 5 am!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Kat u really got me, but knowing u it's a reasonable thing to do. 'm tellin' my DD how u just pick up and go to all these places and tonite u' leavin' for NZ--hahaha u stinker. Na Nm believed u too.

Julie how do u know or remember about my shoulder??? Did I mention it lately again. OH u'r so sweet and u know how people have tennis elbow--well I have volleyball shoulder (I played weekly for over 25 years every Thursday nite) I think I told u gals all that but Our LOGO was If it's Thursday we must be losing. But anyway doesn't that sound more exciting to have volleyball shoulder???

Becks I'll always remember the first day of the work week, I would stsrt getting depressed the nite before. And yes blame everything on Tamox. why not--I blame everything on Aromison.

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

,becks i blame tamox for being an evil forgetful b#@%h  but i think i was one before too! hi gerilyn, i love wine too can't drink right now so need others to pick up the slack.      kathy count me as fooled too, the thought you would pick up and go to nz on a couple of hours notice sounds like you!  cammi, 4 items never thought of before and do all this in 30 days ,is the teacher looking to fail the class! will put it out to my design engineer nephew see if he can think of anything! ps ortho is a shoulder expertLaughing i have to see him in 4 weeks again.love your volleyball motto, can't even blame sports for wear and tear ,just eating!

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

maybe i should try this?

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited April 2013

Welcome to Geralyn.

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach. 

One human hair can support 6.6 pounds. 

The average man's penis is two times the length of his thumb. 

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete. 

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. 

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet. 

Women blink twice as often as men. 

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still. 

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women

will be finished reading this by now. 

Men

are still busy checking their thumbs.

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

good morning bernie

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited April 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Beautiful sunrise, unfortunately very pink, qualifies as a red sky at morning. . .

Wahine--I did forget, I don't really care for April Fools jokes, but you did get me fair and square and I forgive you, this year! 

Juliet--nice lookin doc!

Becs--I remember being tammy cranky.  Not fun, but a good excuse for a biotch fest. 

Cammy--volleyball shoulder sounds very exciting! 

Juliet--I see someone set off the fire alarm again  :D

BBBBernie--LOL!!!!!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the How Long is Your Thumb

ask a female bartender and get this:

1 oz butterscotch schnaps

1oz cinnamon schnapps

1 oz peach schnapps

1 oz peppermint schnapps

1 oz blueberry schnapps

Mix in a glass and chug. 

Ask a male bartender and get this:

"Twice as long as yours!" 

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

nm, he's competent and he listens!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Good Morning lovelies.

Everyone sounds happy, that's a good start-Julie I thought that ws a difficultassignment, Oh our hunks are bootiful as usual--good thing to open our eyes with.

Bernie good info. there never knew any of those things--and it was funny too.

NM ike the DOTD--sounds potent---so drink for Julie everyone and for me but just a short whie.--Julie's on a long wait. :(

It's still cold here well not awful but igh in the 49's with sun,,,,so

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Oooooohhhhh Laaaaaa Laaaaa....Julie, what a nice "wake up"....haven't have coffee yet, but that pic opened up mese eyes!!! LOL. Oh my, funny that I "got you" too.....I know though, lame April Fools but it was all I could think of, in that instant.
    Have a good TwosDey, girls! can't wait to see if anyone posts the dotd, so we can have TWO!

Hugssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Good mornong Kat--u little imp--u got us all. It was so cute tho--I enjoyed it.

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Shoot, I missed a whole page...thought the last post was the hunky firemen...shows where my mind stops!!! Funny Bernie, that men would still be checking their thumbs!!! Hahaha! Purrfect dwink, NM....I'll have TWO...hmmm...that would be DOUBLE the man's thumb...should be nice and big! LOL. Love the term "volleyballshoulder", Cami!!! I sure hope you and Adey get to meet up tomorrow!!! AND if she takes pics, you get to approve them first before posting any, ok?

Double Hugs,

KatKat

• wahine
    edited April 2013

LOL CAMI, but I am a "BIG" imp....wish I WAS little....lol.

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

• wahine
    edited April 2013

OMG!!!!!!!Cool

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Wow--Like it..........

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited April 2013

I'm late I know and I don't remember where I found this....... It may have been on this thread (I forget things easily and often) but I saw it in my emails and found it funny!  Morning.
  • camillegal
    edited April 2013

hahaha this is really traveling and I smile when I see it---I wonder if those bunny faces are REAL-prolly not.

• wahine
    edited April 2013

LOL Adey...yuppers it was Dorkie that posted it here, but I guess its been all over, this easter! I love it, so cute! HOPE you and Cami get to meet up tomorrow.....that will be awesome!