Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013

Would you say not noticing the dog poo under the wheel of your office chair and proceding to roll over it again and again is the start to a not so good day?  This will be numero 4 of bad days if thats the case..maybe I should look at it like...at least I decided to wear flip flops on my feet this morning and it happend before I had to log in to work so time to mop it up...this is called "the glass half full" theory, instead of yea, I mopped it up but there is still chit stuck in the cracks of the wheel so I'll smell it all day.."the glass half empty" theory. 

Kat...I also believed you...lol..you have to admit it is something that you would do and everyone knows it too. So kudo's for getting everyone going..you are the only one who April fooled me.

Cami....that is so cool that you were a vollyball star Cami..now , now..dont be coy..you know you were a star as you continue to still be in my book.  Always wanted to be on a Vball team...my brother tried to get me to drive into Sarasota to play Wallyball on Friday nights but they play too late and for too long 7pm-10pm and on a Friday night...also it was a group from his Southern Baptist church...sound like fun??? Neh..did for me either.

Beckers...I am also riding the Tammy train..I never thought about blaming my ditzyness on it...or maybe..yeah..I guess I have ..I think...idk...I'll start blaming everything else on the biotch too...that will make me feel better.

Icky weather in your forcast NM?  Rain tho..right?? To ad to the muddiness (sp) muddyness , mudieness???  Eh...see Beckers..its not only you.

TGIT today..Yeah!!!! Just gotta face the day like the little engine that could, I think I Can.

Julie...Cute Dr....yes, I can still see attractiveness in attractive people..Im glad he is good to you and you like him.  There was a dr who attended to me way back when I was in SICU at Lahey Clinic (NM you may know the place) I was unconsious with ARDS (adult respratory distress syndrom) and that DR held vigal at my side until I was off the resparator. Missed his 5yo birthday party and sat by my side.  Its horrible now I dont remember his name.

Adey and Cami enjoy your meet up..is it today? 

Lara , on your way to Syracuse?  At least there isnt snow..or is there?  Drive safely regardless..K?f

A big HELLO and Huge WEBK to MemaSue, Alli, DorKie , Lori and Chrissy, Shannon and a BIG Welcome to GERYLYN!!! Make yourself at home..grab a drink and join the partayy!!

Lub ya goils!!

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited April 2013

ICK, Cyn....dog poo to have to smell all day....can you spray the wheels with sumtin till you have time to clean them? Just to get the smell gone???

Ok, I am going to toot my own horn today....today is my 5 yr cancerversary, so CAKE and DWINKS for all....YIPPEE!!!!!

(And Lori's 5 yr is coming up soonliest too!)

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2013

Ooo Congrats Kathy!!!! That five year is a biggy.......hoping you are celebratin by doin da HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! Boogy da boogy da boogy....yahoo!!!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited April 2013

congrats on the 5 years drinking some ale to celebrate(ginger)                .   cyn could you put the wheel in a plastic bag and spray it with bleach? woo hoo only on this thread a 5 year party and a conversation about poo!

• wahine
    edited April 2013

LOL you are so right bout dat, Julie! thanks for the congrats, Julie, and Chrissy!!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited April 2013

Kathy, I have seen those car lashes, aren’t they adorable? Kudos to you for getting some of the gals on your April Fools yoke, and yes I remember you hitting that big jackpot! I don’t think the joke was lame at all………….look at all you fooled!

Lara, I knew you were married, but is there another ex? Or is it the one you live with that you were referring to? That is what had me funcused. But mese tink you ‘splained it. So there is an ex, and a current one, but just living together and only married on paper.

Cami love, moosta not been too important if ye foygot, so no woyies. Iffin it was important, it will come back to you. Oh, Sue is not home yet, she is bisiting her family in Phoenix. So glad that you got to have some nice memories of your mom through Leslie’s cooking. What a crazy idea from Joey’s teacher, but I think YOU may be onto something, about the teacher wanting the ideas for herself!

Oh shoot Bernie, I thought Cami was being funny with her comment about the sty! CAMI, DO YOU HAVE ONE? Oops, me see you ‘splained. That was you r April Fool on Bernie.

LOL at the clumps on the car lashes in Maine! Bummer that most of your friends couldn’t make it, I hope it works out the next time. LOL, Adey meant the Knuckle Sandwich that Cami was gonna give her, if she took a picture. Oh, now I remember what you are talking about, doing the wax and different colors. I also liked the oil ones, where you swirled the eggs into the colors, but they were sticky.

Adey, you get that picture, we’ll protect you and get some of the Tenders to hold Cami down.

Hi Geralyn and welcome. You can have all the wine you want here!

Julie, Mr Doctor there pretty easy on the eyes, eh????

Becks, you can be as bitchy as you want here. I think I remember someone else saying that the Tammy made them bitchy.

Bernie that was too funny, I gonna check some thumbs now ALL THE TIME!!! And we have a drink to match!

Oh shoot Cyn, sorry ‘bout de poop from little Sir!!!!

Party for 5 years……….OH YEAH!!!!!! Das our big one Kat. Clink Clink wif some “How Long is Your Thumb” Congratulations my friend.

I am way late, and moosta go, but I can say I am caught up!!!!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013

Whooo Hooooo Kat!!!!  Congratulations on the 5 YR!!!!!!

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Thanks, girls! Feels good to be 5 yrs out.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

CONGRATULATIONS KAT AND SOON LORI 5 YRS IS A GREAT CELEBRATION TIME COME ON DODODODODODODODODO COME ON

AND THEN THERE'S POO,AND THEN THERE'S POO oh Cyn I tink it;s funny but it didn't happen to mese.

Thank u Lori for agreeing with me about that stupid assignment for Joey. I mean Einstien came up with one theory in his life and was failing when he was 8 ????? Y've been busy lately Lori and as long as u'r feeling good that's what counts.

Oh Kat u blame u'rs on the Tammy too we will allow it (ahem) (wink)  I blame everything on something that I'm taking LOL including my non-brilliant brain--I use to be brilliant I coulda been a contenda.

Tomorrow Adey and I go out to lunch!!!

The vacuum was going alot of the day but I did vacuum my area rug--with my small vac. haha I can't use the big vac anymore hahahaha, now it's those things thst make me happy. U know my DD and SIL AND Joey are still telling people I fried green peppers a couple of weeks ago and stil some of them don't believe it.

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Nope, not me on Tammy....must have been Cyndie???? I only have AGE as my excuse for forgetting stuff, etc. Senior Moments morph into Senior Hours!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited April 2013

Congratulations on the 5 year!!!!! Wooohooooo! Drink up!! Cake too!!!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Sorry Kat but someone said it--goes to show u my senior moments are permanent.

• Beckers
    edited April 2013

Drink up Cami....gechyer cake!! Hic..

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited April 2013

Big congrats to Katwinka de Dwinka one FIVE Years. Wishing u a lifetime of more five years!

Hiya goils. mese bin kidnapped by an alien. yep, her name tammy, she a biotch. I tail her to let me go and what does she do? She say hail no, she wont go. Ughhh.

I bin missing all of you, I read but mese toooo dwunkenly wasted n stuff so mese go now. I must toast ye all befour mese go....lifting meeeze glass and mese says......

chhh

chhhher

cherri

cheery

cherr

chair

CHeerS

n

ChAIRs.

n big ears.

♥ each of you goils.and peeee esss, big welcome to de new goil, mese too dqunk to see name but mese tink regina or sumeting? no offense, dis a dqinking place so dat mese do! agin, ChEErS!

peaace, lub n happyniss....

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited April 2013

For 5 years

• BernieEllen
    edited April 2013

image alt="" width="265" height="190" />

• BernieEllen
    edited April 2013

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Bernie u't first one was all beauty, and the second one was hysterical. LOL

Yikes I'm up in the middle of the nite--not happy about this. It's totlly my fault, yesterday I said I've been sleeping good, I cursed myself. Pain isn't helping--this sucks. OH well it could be worse.

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

good morning bernieLaughing, here's to sweet and pain free dreams  cammi xxx

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

for you cammi,feel better soon

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Oh Julie u can always cheer me up---they're for me everyone.hahaha

Good Morning I've been up for a few hrs. and now I'm tired so I'm going to try to go to sleep again. No dreams last nite Julie, just no sleep. GRRRRR

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Oh poor Cami dear, I hate not being able to sleep..... a night seems like a week long when you are awake. Maybe try to stay up all day today so you will be even more tired, and maybe will be able to sleep tanite? Hope so!

Thanks for all the congrats girls! Nice flowers, Bernie! I've been a baaaaad girl though and haven't been back to my BS for his "manual mammograms" in a couple of yrs (was supposed to be every 6 mo....oops).

Question for our in-lounge nurses....suddenly I have had some really bad bloody noses...welll one side, but comes on suddenly, LOTS of blood, clots too. If I pinch it off, it runs down my throat. BUT the way I try to stop it is to pinch my nostril closed for about 10 min, head bent down a little. Started on the train in Ireland, and has happened 3 more days, since been home. Last time this happened was proly 2-3 yrs ago (and prolly had been 20 yrs b4 that!). Seems like it went on for a couple of weeks. OK....sorry hope that wasn't too much TMI, but this leads up to my question. Do you think I need to get it cauterized or sumtin? I have the scopes at both ends next wk (endo and colon) so will be put under, and don't want to drown in it if it starts at that time. What should I do??? Muchos Gracias Mes Amigos! (I know that prolly isn't spelled right!). But thanks for any advice, for sure.

Well, Julie started us off with some good humping pics for humpdey....lol. You sure can find the eye candy Julie!

Love your post Dorkie! You are right...dis IS de dwinkin thread, so we don't have to make sense or spell correctly!!! Hope your parents are doing okay.

Hugsssssssssssssssss and Good Morning Mugsssssssssss of Coffee!

Catheeeeeee

• wahine
    edited April 2013

HUMP DEY....

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited April 2013

Today is the day for Cami and Adey, praying nothing messes that up!!!!! Cami, do you have your knuckle sammich packed? Hate that you were up with pain, and I hope you were able to get it under control and get a little more shut eye.

Kathy, I found my surgery papers, I guess my 5 year was last month……lol! March 25th is when I had my lumpectomy, it was in April that I went to Tulsa to start treatments. Next big move will be getting off the Arimidex in October, can’t wait. Certainly one of our lounge nurses will have some advice for you.

Dorky, good to see you dwunken lil butt.

Forgot to tell a story about when I was over doing eggs with my buddy. He had said to me that I should send him an email when he got home. I asked him what I should say in the email, and he says, you could say that you appreciate me asking you over to do eggs with me!

Also, I finally heard back from RakuLynda’s DD, she also sent me a copy of the announcement they had for her, it has a picture of one of her paintings on the front, inside some of her, and also included a copy of a recipe. If anyone is interested I will send privately, didn’t want to post something like that publicly.

Certainly I’m getting ready to bump into someone, so handing you  a DOTD as we bump!

Holiday Hump Day Cocktail: Flicka Berry Sparkler

Felicity Huffman's What The Flicka? - Hump Day Holiday Cocktail Flicka Berry Sparkler

Ingredients:
    2 oz champagne
    1 oz vodka
    2 oz cran-raspberry juice
    Frozen raspberries (for garnish)

Directions: Pour chilled champagne, vodka and cran-raspberry juice into a champagne flute and garnish with frozen raspberries.

Now this recipe makes only one serving but if you want to make several, just do the math! (I’m mathematically challenged, or I’d do it for you.)

Cheers!

Cami, Adey...............praying that all goes well and you two wonderful ladies get to meet and have lunch today.

• wahine
    edited April 2013

Ohhhh Loweeeeee, I love de bubbly, so will weally weallly enjoy those dwinks!!!! Yummmmmm. OH, and please send me a copy of that announcement, I would love to see it. What day do you choose for your cancerversary? We all look at it differently, but early on, I read something that someone wrote, that they chose the date they got their dx, as every day after that, was another day of living after getting the cancer dx. SO I use the date I was told I have cancer. So I have survived 5 yrs from the date it was diagonosed. Like I said though, we all look at it in a different way. How cute of him to suggest you send him an email thanking him for inviting you to color eggs with him! Is Lillian still there?

Huggieeeesssssssssssssssssssss!

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

good morning all, kathy sounds like a small capillary bleeding, got a weak spot there, probabley needs cauterising,,when it bleeds ,bending forward  while pinching hopefully stops it going down the back of your throat,  avoid blowing your nose and picking it too for 12hrs after is good, avoiding dry air helps, humidifiers could help, might want get it done before you get scoped  because they usually put oxygen on you while they do it and that is really going to dry your nose out, so i'm sure you really don't want to deal with a nose bleed with the aftereffects of the colonoscopy, yets just say we all going to sit upwind from you at the barSealed, cammi adey have fun, somebody have the dotd for me it looks deliciousCry

• juliet62
    edited April 2013

• Beckers
    edited April 2013

Good morning lovelies! (or is it lovelys...ha!) happy hump day. Thanks for the eye candy Juliet! I made it through my evil 5 am job assignment!! Yay. That was a challenge but it helped get me stronger fo sho.

Bernie, how did you get pic of my dog? :-)

Wahine, hope your bloody noses gets resolved. Just tell Em before procedure. You could put tampon in there with the strings hang in out your nostril. Ha! Ok, ok, dis is serious. My younger son is serious type and he gets on me sometimes for joking at the wrong times.

Happy 5 years Goldie!!!!!!! Oh and you get rid of anti hormonal drug soon!!!!! How are Arimidex SE's? Wonder if I should switch. I'm jealousssss. I only have 4 years and 6 months to go... Ooo...I have champagne and cranberry juice. Almost enough for a sparkle drink.

Hi dork, who is dis Tammi biotch? Hope she releases you soon. We need to have another wild jello shot par Tay!

Wake up Cami!!! Gotta get ready for photo shoot!!!

Hope everyone had a happy Easter.

• wahine
    edited April 2013

LOL Beckers,  had thought of a "mini tampon" too...but ouch that would hurt coming OUT of my nostril!!

Thanks Julie, I put in a call to the drs office, and will let them know about it. Gonna take my mom shopping this afternoon, and HOPING it does not start again while I am driving!!! Would nasal saline help? The pic you posted is me to a "T"....I never know what is gonna come out of my mouth, when I say sumtin funny, my DH thinks I had thought about it a long time...nope...I am just as surprised as he is, at what I say!

WooHoo.....hoping Adey and Cami will be meeting up soonliest!!!!!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited April 2013

Rut roh!  Cami bailed on me!  She said if I'm bringing a camera she's staying home.  Surprised