Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

Hi all!! What a quiet Fried day. So very tired. Gnite!

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited May 2013
    'Please note that this Bank is installing new Drive-through ATM machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles.
    Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts.
    After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE Procedures have been developed. Please follow the Appropriate steps for your gender.'

MALE PROCEDURE:
    1. Drive up to the ATM.
    2. LOWER your car window.
    3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
    4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
    5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
    6. Raise window.
    7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:
    1. Drive up to ATM machine.
    2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
    3. Put hand brake on, put the window down.
    4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
    5. Tell person on mobile phone you will call them back and hang up.
    6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
    7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
    8. Insert card.
    9. Re-insert card the right way.
    10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
    11. Enter PIN .
    12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
    13. Enter amount of cash required.
    14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
    15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
    16. Empty handbag again to locate purse and place cash inside.
    17. Write debit amount in cheque book and place receipt in back of it.
    18. Re-check makeup.
    19. Drive forward 2 feet.?
    20. Reverse back to ATM machine.
    21. Retrieve card.
    22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
    23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
    24. Restart stalled engine and drive off.
    25. Redial person on mobile phone.
    26. Drive for 2 to 3 kilometres.
    27. Release Hand Brake.
  • juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2013

good morning bernieLaughing

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  I had a lovely sleep in this ayem.  Even Sadie slept in!  OK, so really, really innovative drinks doesn't go over well her in the HTL, huh?  Yeah, that pizza in a green pepper mug was a bit over the top.  But I though it would be fun to try, anyway! 

Cammy--2 hours to get moving, ouch.  Tech can be a great assess, but also a royal pain in the a$$ when it doesn't work. 

ORLA--No pain, hooray!!!!!!  What's Safe Haven  about? 

Becs--I think we're all tired, been a long week! Hope you slept well.

BBBBernie--LOL!!! Someone has the gender differences nailed!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Saturday Sunriser

1 and ¼ oz Makers Mark 46 Bourbon

¾ oz Grand Marnier

4 oz orange juice

Splash of grenadine

Place all ingredients except for grenadine in a shaker, mixing well.

Strain. The official Kentucky Bourbon Festival rendition is served in a martini glass, well chilled and garnished with orange twist and cherry. I am a big fan of orange wheels.

I think a martini glass looses the “sunrise” produced by the quick splash of grenadine added at the end…so I used a tulip glass. Call me a maverick. Update Chef Jeremy Ashby suggests pouring the grenadine around the rim when using a Martini Glass.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

Scary movies all day

Bernie I know u spokeof bi polar do u or anyone think that someone who loves you would pick apart a mental illness and put u down

To me that person would b cruel and shows they do not love u

Agree?

• BernieEllen
    edited May 2013

Yes, my darling I do agree.  My DH supports me 100%, he may make jokes sometimes but he has never put me down.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Bernie that was so funny and so true.

Bernie why would anyone pick that out and be insulting in anyway. It's so cruel. I do know my DD never talks about herself with anyone she knows, I think to many there stil is a stigma so she doesn't want anyone t put that on her. So of course I respect that with her friends. In a way she was lucky, she'd always get shock treatments and forget so much of what she went thru. So she never remembered. Oh well

Scary movies today---Orange was that a scary movie???

Now NM that DOTD sounds yummy--- I hope u have a good day today.

Orange u'r foobs sting, ick that's got to hurt. U know it funny but still every so often I get sharp pains lasting just a couple of minutes right where my little tats are for rads and I think why would I still get that. I mean I don't make a big deal about it or even bother telling my Dr. cuz  know exactly where t is, but to me it's just another remnder, like a don't forget about me thingy. LOL

Well I made scrambled eggs for Joey this morning, my kids went out and they always sleep over (glug, glug), it was so funny cuz he was shocked that I could make them and I made them better than his Mom, he kept on saying u've hidden this talent--OMG it was scrambled eggs Joey, not exactly gourmet. So I'm done for the day. LOL

I was so sick yesterday I was thowing up and feeling icky so Mr. broken ankle Joey was trying his hardest to take care of me--oooo I feel better today but not good. My oldest DD is coming today for a while, so Joey's all happy, happy he adores her.

I hope everyone has a carefree day today,  and a happy one too.

• Beckers
    edited May 2013

Cami, shock treatments? My uncle got those to treat depression when nothing else worked. He said his memory felt like Swiss cheese. ok.....so for reals...Stella is a fairy? What were y'all drinking dat night??!

Orange, I don't think that is right. For better or worse. My hubby has struggled with bipolar disorder. Sometimes mores than others. When he would cycle I remember thinking, "I'm not doing this again." but...still here. It is difficult on the other side of it. You put up walls and become untrusting when things are fine, feeling like it won't last. It's hard to identify with another's mental illness. I struggle with depression and my sister would feel like I should just "snap out of it" or.. Hate it when someone says, "could be worse..." well hells ya it could be worse. Duh. Either way...we love you!! Enough of my yammering...

Now my mom seems to be having breakdown. Unsure if she is experiencing hallucinations. She is vague when describing it. She has PTSD from life. My dads death and this FRB was too much for her I think. So...she is on Zoloft. Waiting and watching for it to kick in. Remaining hopeful.

But...THANK GOD WE CAN COME HERE AND GET CRAZY DRUNK.

Love, love...bec

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Bec thank u ! This person I know was trying to put me down . But I know this person is insecure and abusive on purpose so I'm over it

I do get whacky sometimes but that's what it is! I understand its hard and bi polar is a hard disease I think Katherine zeta jones went in for a tune up recently,

Your mom is fragile right now sounds it.

Yes cammie scary movies chiller all day!

When I'm under stress my body can not handle it , but I got through this. I feel like these foobs that r going in r making me anxious it's like omg my real ones r gone weird

K I want apple pie yum

Camomile I'm sorry u were sick I don't like that here's a hug

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

becks is your mother having a reaction to her meds? or poss developing a uti?,have you spoken with her doc, i know its worrying you,    re mental health  meds, the younger nurses don't really understand this but people will tell us they can only take a med made by specific company,be it generic or brand, the young ones  don't get that it may have taken years to get the right combo for them. but that they notice if the brand is switched. but they also  do't understand why as like me i can't take generic synthroid  but have to have brand name because of absorbtion, even though active ingrdients are the same.  anyway ,people withmental health issues are considered vunerable by social services so any bullying etc we would have to report,(i'm classed as a mandated reporter by the state) ,mental health still lags way behind in funding and availibilty,     excuse the typing ,i'm now in a shoulder immobilizer due to hurting my shoulder again,lifting a  pt, so only can use my left arm, so yes i had another trip to er, i thought i would be told it was a sprain, ice and motrin, no it's a grade 1 shoulder separation which accordding to dr google,sounds worse than it is,so fri now have 3 appts,pcp,mo,ortho!have a good day everybody

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OMG Bec u've got everything all around u-and u'r always so up--it mut be very difficult---and now u'r mom too.. (((HUGS)))

And orange why would anyone want to put u down for any reason--u'r so sweet. And IMO and only mine--I call the feeling u have an aftershock---sometimes u (general) go thru things like unbelievable and everyone is scared for u how to handle this FURB but after and u'r amost done it's so real to u, it's like OMG what has been going on. IDK I think that this has to hurt mentally somewhere along the line--but we always have scary movies. LOL

Julie u job is so dangerous for u--now u'r shoulder/arm--how can u work with all this going on.Oh I hope u heal quickly with as little pain as possible.

This is a great argument for drinking if anyone says anything I could never go thru all u guys go thru daily and still want to talk to anyone. That's just me, 'm that kind a gal.

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

i know when active treatment was done, it was what do i do now!   ironically last time i went to  er was 1989 now i've been 3 times this year alone, Undecided        cammi, you have alot on your  plate but your posts always make smile, espcially when you talk about joey, i second the drinking part, ps the pa's eyebrows raised when asked about alcohol, i said i've just started back drinking. when we reviewed the allergies he understood.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Julie hahahaha---certain thngs u can't give up--that's a rule (I made up) When my Dr. said do u still smoke and I said yes --she said OK--I was waiting for a lecture but none came. I guess they figure what the hell, she's old and stubborn.

I know when u said 3 times in ER iin such a short time--it's like u place away from home lately..I can't believe t. What's wrong with this picture?---oh some of that time u weren't drinking see what happens. So raise u'r glass and enjoy.

• Beckers
    edited May 2013

Orange, sounds like that person is toxic! Mean people suck.

Juliet, mom does have UTI and her thyroid hormone is 2x what it should be. (She hasn't been taking her thyroid meds.) that's enough right there huh? You hurt your shoulder again?? Oh no! Are you off work now?

Oh I guess I have to go get my hair color on now. Hate doing this.

Cheers all!!

• BernieEllen
    edited May 2013

People are so wary of mental illness.  I have found that the ones who make comments are the ones that are scared it might affect them. I always say don't knock it until you've tried it and then explain that my most creative time is when I am on a high.  Some of the most famous people are Bi-polar and don't mind admitting it. 

Yes, I do make fun of mine but that is my way of dealing with it. 

I can never see the changes in myself (I am manic bi-polar) but DH and the niece can and they let me know when I need to calm down. Not until after I have cleaned the entire house of course.

I do notice it in other people and that can be so difficult in how do you let them know if they need help.

• BernieEllen
    edited May 2013

Dr. Marley, the head psychiatrist at Front Lawn Asylum, is examining patients to see if they're recovered and ready to re-enter society.

'So, Mr Lewis,' the doctor says to one of his patients, 'I see     from your chart that you've been recommended for discharge. Do you have any idea what you might do once you leave here?'

Henry Lewis thinks for a moment, then replies, 'Well, I went to a college for     telecommunications. That's still a good field, good money there. But on the other hand, I thought I might write a book about my experience here in the hospital, what it's like to be a patient here. People     might be interested in reading a book like that. In addition, I thought I might go to evening school and study art history, which I've grown interested in lately.'

Dr. Marley nods, looks pleased and     says, 'Yes, those all sound like intriguing possibilities.'

So Henry Lewis replies, 'And the best part is, in my spare time, I can go on being a coffee pot.'

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Bernie--hahaahaha

Bernie it's funny, bit after so may years my dgtr has accepted it and listens to us whe we say u might need a blood test to se if meds need adjustment--that has come a long way for her so it's better, but u are right about cleaning and her creativity, she might make some kind of wall hanging and it' realy good, but as soon as she's stable it comes down. and it's really good. But if she's stable she can't do these things. One thing she can do beautifuly is cut hair, she can cut any style on anyone and she's very design loving and does a beautiful job with wall coloring and accessories. But it's so tricky----

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

♥ ♥ ♥ sweety shy ♥ ♥ ♥

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

bernie, next time your cleaning  come visit!   a lot of the stigma, with mental health i found is related to   the occasional current event,(the sandy hook shooter had a long history of mental health issues but was not taking meds or following up with care himself  and his mother was trying to get him admitted to hospital) and the homeless people with severe illness that are off their meds, people get scared if you mention mental health issues to them becaue there the people they immedeately think off,they are unaware that most people with mentak health issues  have a chemical imbalance that can be helped with drugs are  are leading normal lives.   becks, the uti and abnormal thyroid labs are probably why  she's acting the ways she is , hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and i hope she's drinking plenty because that will help too.  ps will be back in pt again, my last session was supposed to be friday morning. but according to dr google, thats the reccomended treatment for the shoulder.  anyway have a good day  and more importent ,   HAPPY MOTHERS DAY              

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh Julie everytime I think of u I hurt--u've had a rough year.U'r such a sweetheart.

Again my view of mental illness---Loads of people think if u'r mentally ill u will automatically oick up a knife and start chopping away--cuz that's who makes the news. But in reality it's very difficult on the person and I always think if u have some kind of tendency toward violence then it might very well come out at anytime stable or not.Look at all the people who do the same violence without any mental illnes, just evil. IMO

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  We're getting badly needed rain this weekend, not downpours but gently steady stuff.  And it's nice and warm which makes it feel less dreary. 

ORLA-- What did you find for scary movies this weekend? 

BBBBernie--You DH sounds like a winner and a keeper!  Good for you AND him!

Cammy--just enjoy being able to impress Joey with your scrambled eggs, it may not be much to us but it must be to HIM!  Funny what kids think, isn't it?  Hope the bug you caught is a 24 hour one and over with by now!

Becs--Yes, Stella is a fairy.  It took me MONTHS too figure that out, and then Dorky had to TELL me!  Talk about embarassing!  Sometimes I think it's a conspiracy the other Loungettes have dreamed up to make me question my sanity, but since I never doubted my sanity was long gone anyway. . .  Oh, dear, your poor Mom!   I hope the meds work and work quickly! 

Juliet--Good heavens, your job is literally tearing you apart!  You make a good point about the active ingredients being the same in generic and brand name drugs, but the inactive ingredients can be very different.  And those ingredients can affect absorption, and people can even have allergic reactions to them.  That was a big problem with penicillin about 30 years ago.  Lots of folks who think they are allergic to penicillin are actually allergic to one of the chemicals used in processing, and since that process isn't used anymore, a lot of those folks could safely take penicillin. I don't think I've heard of graded shoulder separations. I'll have to look that up.  Sounds like your Friday is going to be fun, fun, fun!

End Of Active Treatment Syndrome--that's what I call it.  You know, that point where your entire life is no longer taken up with appointments, lab tests, surgeries, pain, decisions and insurance paperwork.  "What do I do now" is one of the most common feelings, along with feeling lost and alone.  As much as I hated having cancer and hated all the work that went with it, I felt very cut adrift when the active treatment stopped.  That was when I really began feeling everything that I had been pushing back out of the way, the horror, the fear, the anger, the grief, the bewilderment, the isolation, the aloneness.  It was BCO that got me through the treatment, and through the aftermath.  It's BCO that is still getting me through it.  It was BCO that showed me it was ok to laugh again, and to plan ahead, and to live life.  And it was the support I get on here that makes it possible for me to accept not being the  stereotypical  bc survivor--always in pink, always pushing women to get mammograms, going on walks and raising money.  I refuse to let bc define me, even though it will always be part of me.  I don't go to survivor events, I describe myself to others as a bc TREATMENT survivor.  I get some odd looks, but the reality is I feel that the treatment was more my enemy than the disease.  Probably a reaction to the pervasive attitude that I did something to give myself bc, when I know perfectly well I did not.  Yes, I was and am overweight, but skinny women get bc,  Yes, I drink alcohol, but non-drinking women get bc.  Yes, I eat meat and fat, but vegetarian women get bc. The ACS's own research shows that diet does not affect recurrent rates or met rates.  Ah, I've gone off on a rant again. 

Cammy--most medical people know that the likelihood of success of quitting smoking is lowest when a person is under stress, and a cancer diagnosis is a huge stressor.  Not to mention that the purpose of getting off the tobacco is to prevent long term complications.  Well, we've already got a complication, and changing that habit will not change that fact.  Why add to the stress of an already stressful situation?  No point to it, really. 

Becs--You Mom's UTI is probably causing her mental changes.  It's frightening how often a simple UTI causes major mental status changes in our elders, and the thyroid imbalance doesn't help.  She should improve quickly with antibiotics. 

BBBBernie--I've heard that many very creative people are bi-polar, I've often wondered if there was some connection in brain between creativity and mental illness.  And lots of people are afraid of mental illness.  And being a coffee pot is a useful thing!  LOL! 

Juliet--good point about current events and mental illness, that doesn't usually show people with mental illness in a positive light.

Cammy-Another good point.  More damage is done by pure evil than mental illness, I'm betting. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is The Roller Coaster

2 parts amaretto

3 parts grapefruit juice

Best served in a cocktail glass. 

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

oh nm i believe in evil and angels, i've met some real angels in my life luckily i've only met 2 people i would consider evil, one was creepy in a way didn't even want to touch him and the other ,icould only descrube as them having waves of violence coming off them ,it was definitely keep your back to the wall and the way to the exit clear. ironically my mammogram was birad 2 in feb but all these injuries are increasing my appointmentsCry i second you on the feelings when active treatment ends , for me it was feb as this was the first scan i didn't have a biopsy after and bco is getting me through it. also read an article a few years ago where they weresaying that some of the greatest inventors had varying degrees of autism  , most of my family are rmn's( registered mental nurses and they have the paperwork to prove it) its a 3 year course, to me it makes sense, with the wide spectrum of mental health,  as a general nurse, i got 6 weeks of mental health training so a general hospital is probably the worse place for someone whoose only issue is mental health.                                                                      i had to look up separated shoulder too! becks and dr google are my ortho experts.                 hooray for grammas scrambled eggs.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Good Morning NM I hope u'r having a pleasant day---and I like the explanation of the downs u feel when u finish treatment, cuz it is true I know cus for 2 yrs I had Drs. nurses and techs huddles aroubd me every week and I got so used to beig :taken care of" and rhen it was OK we've done what we can do with great results and now I don't see u for 3 months. Ifelt like they were my protectors and they were all abandoning me. Now I'm tired of all of them LOLI stil see them every 3 months plus tests all the time and some new Drs. thrown in so I'm so over that---but I think eveyone gets over that.

And I like the DOTD today their getting back on track YAY

The sun is shining but it's only 45 out, my oldest DD put her pool up yesterday--supposed to start warming up soon. ???? So I'm planning on going outside this year unless it's 100 everyday, but otherwise I'm using the pool. Water makes it so much easier to move this big old body. LOL

• BernieEllen
    edited May 2013

I've found as i've gotten older to trust my instincts completely.  We do it so naturally as small children and then without thinking our elders tell us to be polite and even trust some strangers.  Normal upbringing - hey Cammi - all nuns and priests were saintly.  All cops were good guys.

When my nieces were growing up i always told them, if you don't like someone tell us, no matter who it is.  It was never anyone with so called mental illness that freaked them out, it was clowns and mime artists, people with hair covering their faces.  You can't read their expressions, we still have a lot to learn.

I'm more of a teapot type of person.

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

your so right bernie, i'm also a teapot person but mine is slightly cracked

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Happy moms day to the moms

yes that is true about bi-polar a lot of famous creative people had it

I yhink Van giugh did and cut his ear off

Cammie thanks for the advice U explanied how I feel right now

its true its like u just keep pushing through surgeries, tests treatments then boom u r like wthe f... did I do this then its ending u feel sad but shoild b happy

Like NM had said to

I took my mom to breakfast

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Gough

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Funny Mother's Day Ecard: I hope your Mother's Day is more pleasant than labor was. 

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2013

Happy Moms day !