Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

Oh...excuse me dahling....Lmao Cami!!! Seriously, I want to see her struggling because she has sweat dripping in her eyes as she walks the carpet. Chit!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

I know it doesn't matter, but ever since she got involved with Brad Pitt I didn't like her anyways. LOL

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2013

I would like to see Angelina on the red carpet with her fancy million dollar dress made by de best designer. And I want to see that designer publicly say that he will never let her where his line again cuz she made a stanky schwetty mess of her gown with nasty big ole wet marks under her foobs and more dark sweaty spots on de fabric of her underarms. I also envision her with a soaking wet stinky hairline with sweat balls pouring down her forehead, and off her flat belly and her back which is bdw saturated too. And some sweat balls pouring off her big lips.  Is dat wrong?

• dara_diverse
    edited May 2013

Quoates by de Angelina "OMG IT's HOT in HERE!"

"I lost my best feature, mese titties. I hope dey wuz insured"

I hope that Brad does not run back to Jennifer, he always liked her tatas better".

~disclaimer BC is not a laughing matter, mese jest having fun playing with her face, dat all. Mese hates to see any goil in de world get hit and I pray for her health. Signed, Dorky J Maholic

• Beckers
    edited May 2013

Omg dorkamaholic, wese gonna burn! I jes can't help but wonder if money can buy yer way outta da hot flash!!!

• Beckers
    edited May 2013

Oh...what if she come to da HTL to research before she made her big decision?? Maybe she wuz one of the new goils in recent months.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh Yea she would end up here---wid usesss cuz we tal her langige all de time---but I don't tink she has it she just did it so she doesn't get it or someptin like dat.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  It's up to 49 degrees now, was 39 when I got up.  Chilly, chilly, glad to have the doggy to cuddle up to last night!

Cammy--chocolate anything is good, isn't it? 

Juliet--I'd take 65 right about now!

ORLA--I hope the world doesn't miss the fact that Angelina Jolie did NOT have bc, but did the mast/recon to keep from getting it.  That should say something about how horrible it is to get the beast.  I wish I had the choice ahead of time.  Of course, I'm BRCA 1 & 2 negative, so I wouldn't have had that option anyway, but sometimes I do wish. 

Becs--maybe she went public because she can't explain away the hot flashes????  At least I don't sweat with mine, I just get red and hot. 

LOL, Cammy!  How's that saying go," Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, ladies feel the heat."

DorKable--if public sweating is the worst that AJ gets out of all this, she's still way ahead of the game!  I want to see her bald and throwing up. . .   Well, not really, you know. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Happy Hump Day

1 ½ oz. Ketel One Citroen

¾ oz. Cointreau

¼ oz. fresh lime juice

½ oz. cranberry juice cocktail

2 strawberries

1 splash simple syrup (optional)

Directions: Muddle one strawberry and a small splash of simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add remaining ingredients followed by ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Make a vertical slice in the second strawberry so that it can be slid onto the edge of the glass as garnish.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2013

on the good news front, every talking head was talking about brac and the cost of testing , and what some people go through to reduce their risk of getting frb,  she watched her mum die from frb, so i would guess she wants to do anything she can to prevent her kids  from having to go throught that,my mum not only had the worry of her sister and 2 daughters diagnosed with frb but also she has said she feels guilty because of the dodgy genes she probably gave us.   and nothing we say will take that feeling  away from her . sorry soapbox time, i'm glad she spoke out and when you consider some of the un trips she took while doing all this, i admire the woman, i know having money and fame made her life a lot easier but money can't cchange risk factors or you worrying about them.    anyway a cool 62f right now, been out for a walk ,shoulder still aching but trying to do more so don't end up with a frozen shoulder.            back to angelina,hope she did visit the site for info, and when she has the hyst and oopherectomy  ,researcher/ designers/inventors start working on the dreaded hot flashes and relieving them

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2013

Very Short Story

Man driving down road.
    Woman driving up same road.
    They pass each other.
    Woman yells out window, PIG!
    Man yells out window, BITCH!
    Man rounds next curve.
    Man crashes into a HUGE PIG in middle of road and dies.

Thought For the Day:

If men would just listen

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

good one adeyLaughing

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

adey lmao

dork thats was funny

im not getting hysterectomy just the ovaries out eggs can b frozen

I hear all this crazy on the hot flashes Im not looking foward to menapause yuck

there has to be medicine for it no? IDK

its still cold and rainy

I went to a spinning class yesterday I cant move im so sore

pop in latah

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2013

Good Morning Girls!  Did someone mention chocolate???

Im also a fan of AJ...more in her earlier years when she did GIA...HOT!  Have any of you seen it? Its the story of Gia Marie Carrangi , the first "super model" who was a lesbian and who died of AIDS back when the disease was new to people.  She was a drug user and contracted it by using a dirty needle....anyway..I also admire her for her humanitarian efforts. Who could blame her for wanting to do anything and everything to prevent getting FNRB especially since she was Brac 1 possitive.

On a lighter note..I would love to see the scary movie that Cami and Lara come up with.

Burrrr NM!  Its nice to have a furbaby to curl up with!

Bit on the chilly side down there in CC Julie.  Its been cool here too and little humidity.

DorKie...any sign of Stella da bella and the Moler Foker??  What have you heard ?  Lets hear the gossip.  I'll keep my eyes out for them also.

Hiya Beckers!!! 

More OT foah moise...I signed up for 14 extra hours this week...gotta be saving for the big trip.

bizy bizy ..latah ladies

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

NM ketel of C?? it sounds like something u'd make a fire with. U'r so funny--It's so warm her (hot) I already hate it hahaha 2 days of it and i'm thru.

Good One Adey--LOL

OK I'm not a fan of AJ but I do give her credit for being on top of all this and bring it to media attention, maybe it wi get more people talking about all this mess. And I do remember Gia she was georgeous (well before she got sick) in it, bu another that most people forget and I do forget the name--she was young and played like a Romeo and Juliet theme with 2 Italian families who owned restaurants that we always in competition---Hysterical movie--expecially if u know Italians or are one--And loads of stars that u know--just not her at the time. And she was so so beautiful even then.

Ok Dork full report on u'r mom and dad--it's about time u tell us what's going on.

Julie u allwaus puch the limit when u have an injury--please take care of u'rself completely.

And Becks u and MS just drives me crazy--I'm sorry if I make it sound worse o u--but u have so much to handle and u do it so very well.

Cyn u'r really pushin' it, but I think as long as u can u'll be so happy when it's over and u'r able to enjoy u'rself.

BTW I smell georgeous again I just keep on smelling me--in privte of course--well not always.

This weekend -Sat. night Joey and I will be at my oldest DD's house---she's making me a Birthday cake--that's her latest thing--she used to cater parties part time while she was going ro schol so she is good at things like that. But I get to pick what to eat and I have to narrow it down, cuz personally I would like a buffet from 7 continents--BTW the cake will be chocolate with chocolate frosting. I'm glad to be another year older, but I hate to be another year older. My other DD has to go to a wedding on my SIL's side--she doesn't want to go, she wants to be with us--but she has to go. But I will smell scrumtious cuz I'll wear my Pink and it smells like a sugar cookie and that always smells good for a party. LOL Oh I'm such a fun person.

I MISS LORI---stop working so hard and talk to us. 

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Ju;ie--u'r getting closer to Stella.

• StellaTwinx
    StellaTwinx Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Stella found someone as she always does --notice she's wingless for this one. LMAO

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Boy this loungette is getting TIRED!  Long days every day this week, and it look like I'll have to work Saturday to get it all in this week.  I, for one, will be VERY glad when the new per diem RN gets oriented and up and running!  Growing pain are great for job security, but hard on the ol' bod and social life.  I have to watch myself to make sure I don't get whiny and cranky. 

Juliet--Good point about money not being able to change some risk factors.  Does AJ have children?  It is good to get some of this aspect of the disease out in the open.

Adey--LOL!  

ORLA--Yeah, there is medication for the hot flashes of menopause--hormone replacement therapy, which is a risk factor for bc.  Seems like we can't win!  At least with menopause the hot flashes will go away after a while.  The chemical induced kind don't go away until the drug goes away!

CynCyn--I haven't seen GIA, I'll have to look for it.  Not my usual kind of movie, but variety is good! 

Cammy--Ketel One Citron is a kind of vodka, I've seen it in the stores here.  Pricey, as I recall.  Are you going to oldest DD's house to eat or get eaten?  Gonna smell like a sugar cookie and eat chocolate cake, what a day! 

There's Stella!!!!!!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is The Lets Work Overtime!

3/4 cup cherries, pitted

1 shot of Grand Marnier

1 cup vanilla ice cream

1 teaspoon light agave nectar

Directions:

Macerate the cherries in Grand Marnier for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.

Puree the cherries and their liquid with the other ingredients in a blender. For a bit of optional texture, don't puree the cherries completely.

Enjoy!

• Beckers
    edited May 2013

Good morning! Today I'm going to visit my hubby!! Yay! I will be back Sunday...wooooooohoooooo!!!

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

woo hoo for visiting days, are you smuggling anything into him?Laughing

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

Becs gave fun with hubby

Loved that movie Gia I also do like the humatarian efforts she does as well!

Cammie yum chocolate

I always have to rent the newest scary movie mama really freaky and Texas chainsaw the orginal was the best

I'm cooking just went to the gym it's finally nice out!

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh Orange u know how many times I've seen that movie--the original is the best, but I did try the others too. I'm watching carnival of souls one of the less noted movies ever known--I think it's a C movies list

Becks have fun and be safe---are there certain visiting hrs.?

NM I like that drink, sounds good. And I hate that u'r working so hard u need relaxation too.bU'r job is a difficult one.

Julie how is u'r arm doing any better???

It's warm ---hot here-- the kids are having a garage sale with the people next door, they are wonderful neighbors--like my age and so nice to Jowy they think he's a perfect gentleman--some of the neighbors gave Joey great Christmas gifts, cuz if he sees them needing help he does it and won't take anything from them even if it taking out the garbage--so he helped set it up last night and told them he couldn't help today cuz he's be in school. He actually likes that stuf and can sit talking to older people so easily so that's why they like him. He's not that great he just knows how to speak to different ages. And now I'm taking a bow--cuz that's from me hahahahaha

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

cammi, shoulder hurts on and off but seeing ortho tomorrow,hows joeys leg?  he's such a doll.  haven't watched a horror movie since i was a teenager,   but reading lynsey sands vampire books right now.  nm hope they find someone soon.

• dara_diverse
    edited May 2013

hiya girls, wuz jest popping in to see what is going on with you and OMG OMG Oh my dear God, Stella????? HOW COULD YOU?

I have to go and cry. Dat because mese goil let me down in a big way. She promised to stay away from de moler focker and look at her, she a ho. Damn it, I am furious with her. I will be back to talk to ye all once mese tears stop flowing. Mese so nessapointed, no werds ken express how I feel about dis. Dis photo dat you made be soyculating de net and mese umbarrassed. Dis is de lowest ye go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STELLA, remove that photo or I will report it. I aint kidding goil, ye in gib big big twouble. Yep, reform school again. CALL ME!!!!

Peace and love to all my breasties, I miss you all and will try to come back. Might dere be a partay??

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2013

SHOCKER!!!   Well, not really....DorKie..you know its close to impossible to Stella to keep the Moler Focker away!!  I would be surprised if she didnt run off to Vegas and marry the Focker in spite of youse.

Back when I had time I was a HUGE scary movie fan and loved Texas Chainsaw I thought the remake of the original kicked ass but  think the remake I saw has been remade.

Beckers have a great Congigal bisit with your DH!!!  Thanks for letting us know you will be MIA for a few days..be careful traveling alone..K? k.

Well goils..back to the whip crackers ..dat be meself because if I didnt sign up to work this OT I wouldnt be .

Latahhh tatahhhs

Cyndielouwho

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Dork how could Stella let u DOWN--that's exactly what she;s doing goin' down girl. She didn't learn it by herself--it's HIM so I don't know what u goin' to do cept she's old nuff and honest about it.

OK here's my special news I saw today in one of my goofy catalogues what looks and opens like a compact with different bright colors, u opn it and take a piece of hair and close it around it and pull it down. Like magic and it just washes out--purple , green, fushia So guess who's ordering it? No not Stella she's to busy, ME and have fun with it. Hahah my DD can't say a word.

Oh she just came in to tell me she found ants in Joey's and my bathroom, she's having a fit so I assured her we won't have anymore tea and cookie parties in there.--Bitch--I would get them ocaasionally but I always used pet friendly stuff and I wouldn't be bothered--this house doesn't have a basement and we are more countryish here--she sees a spider and gets so upset as she yells why are they coming in??? I told her I put a sign out there all bugs welcome--I don't understand her problem.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2013

I haven't been here for way too long, but I wanted to let you know that my Dad passed away on Thursday afternoon.  My DH and I were with him at the time of his passing.  I will miss him.  I had just moved my parents to Denver 5 weeks ago.  Karen

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Karen I'm so sorry to read this, of course u'r sad--it;s a sad time--Prayers for u and u'r family.

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2013

Good Morning Ladies,

Karen you are in my prayers.

Cami..tell me more about this hair color stuff...where do you buy it and how much is it?  I have the same sign in front of my house but I open it up to Geko's also.

Everyone have a happy Fried dey....

Cyn