Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

I'm glad someone is going crazy with me.Cyn I guess it's pretty popular, which I didn't know but here's where I found it.

www.beautyboutique.com Utem no.017940----but u can find it in other places too.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2013

hugs and prayers for karen and family.    so sorry for your loss.                                                                                                                        cammi- ilike those compacts, thinking nice christmas gift for nieces! still want to see photos with your streaks, maybe tomorrow at your special dinner!               ok , doctor visits, no 1 priamry doc, not happy with glucose tests so offically a pre diabetic,she does think it s steroid induced so maybe will get off the metformin soon.    otherwise everything good. see me in 4 months   doc 2-  mo-   lot of scar tissue present but everything else good,keep taking the tamoxifen. see me in 6 months    . md no3 -ortho-    bones are ok but wants another mri to see if any changes in the soft tissue. so workers comp has to approve the mri  so could be awhile.   see him again when i have had the mri.      went to work to give them the paperwork , hopefully will be on the desk .  got home to find message off niece that my nephew had had a car accident , someback/neck pain  they said whiplash, he's home now, they are supposed to be going to the azores this weekend for 2 weeks.hope they can go and it doesn;t ruin their holiday. take care everybody

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

for dorty

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

I had a visitor one night… he explored my body… licked, sucked, swallowed & had his fill… when satisfied he left… I was hurt… Damn mosquito!!!                                                                                                                                     the tamoxifen effect seems to have worn off this year

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Can't have my coffee, having lab work done on the way in to work this ayem.  Grumble, Grumble.  This whole cholesterol thing is a bunch of hooey. 

Becs--have a good visit!

ORLA-- is Mama good?  I've been thinking I want to see that one. 

Cammy--Carnival of Souls?  Never heard of it!  Another on to look up. 

Juliet--Hope you get good news about the shoulder!  A per diem RN who wants to work 3 days a week or so is in orientation,  can't wait for her to be up and running! 

DorKable--any time you are in the lounge it's a partay, Dorky!

CynCyn--I wish I was getting OT pay right about now. . .

Cammy--colored hair, huh?  Sounds like fun1  Don’t forget to post a pic!

Karen--I am so sorry for your loss!  Praying for you and your family. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the I Want Coffee

1½ oz. Kahlúa

1 oz. Absolut Vodka

1 oz. espresso

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.

Oh, my, I just got home and found this all set to go, but I never hit the "submit" button!  Jock, please, a drink, ASAP!!!!!

• nativemainer
    edited May 2013

We3ll, I got out of getting the blood test today.  Had to go attend a patient death.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it, and pay no nevermind to the on call nurse saying I told her not to go that I'd take care of it.  So, good day, no needles.  On the other hand, long day (I know, that's not even news any more) and got to work a couple hours tomorrow.  Makin' me tired.  Got a new patient coming onto my caseload, probably next week, that will need to be seen at least 3 times a week and is a 45 minute drive from the office.  I can forsee myself having some llllooooonnnnnnggggggg days for a while.  I get tired just thinking about it.  I really need to do some stuff around the house, but it's hard to get moving again once I sit down.  I think it's because I 'm tired.  Have I mentioned being tired tonite??????  At least I don't have to get up with the alarm tomorrow ayem1

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

rest nm you need it

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

You goils! My hubby is not in jail!! Haha! I just came home to Oklahoma to see him. We actually live here. I'm in California helping mom.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh Becs it seemed so exciting with u'r DH in jail--WTF --this now makes u more normal

Julie I just ordered those colors, prob. won't get them for a few days now. And u've seen a boatload of Docs today--at least u got it over with (for now) in oneday I hate when it's 2, 3 days in a row. U poor woman with that arm.

NM DOTD sounds super----I was just now reading u'r morning post and I got so confused I thought I slept thru the night and it was stil dark--I layed down with Joey for just a little bit nd kind of napped and I was thrown. Then I get to u'r 2nd post and my mind cleared. OK u are definitely working way to hard. Can't u get a little time off--just to relax not clean.

All of u work so hard, I'm sorry that I don't feel guilty.

L O R I ----

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

good morning ladies

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Julie that's a very good morning Thank you.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

lmao off Juliet the pic and the mosiquito

mama is good def  see itNM

Becks we knew he was not in jail well I thought it at first

cammie scary movies today

I was outside doing some wood work and I have a scratch in the middle and its surronded by a circle that is a bruise and its raised? Nurses?

Im going to google it. Can it be a bug bite?

18 more days until surgery

undie is having minor issues  always something

• nativemainer
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Slept till quarter of 8 this ayem, I am such a slug-a-bed!  Only got up then 'cause Silly Sadie had to pee.  Well, I did, too, but I was ignoring it.  Hard to ignore a cold wet nose on the back of the neck though.  And it was deliberate on Sadie's part, she had to pull the blanket down to get to the back of my neck!  Gotta  luv the fur babies!

Becs--It's more fun to think you are visiting hubby in jail! 

Cammy--woops, didn't mean to confuse you!  I really would like to just relax a bit, and you would think that with must me and Sadie here that the house wouldn't get so messy while I'm away at work!  But it does.  And it's bugging me, so need to find a way to work some housework into the grand scheme of things.  This busy-ness won't last forever, there is help coming, I just need to be a bit patient. 

GOOD MORNING, COWBOY!  COME TO MAMMA!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is The Cowboy

1 1/2 oz Scotch whisky

1 tbsp light cream

Pour both ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Good DOTD NM and glad u got a little extra sleep.

Orange A bruise usually has a bump with it but the scratch that's going around it sound more like a bite than 2 separate things, especially if it's round. Use some vinigard on it at first. Now watch that circle to see if it gets bigger as it goes around--I'm not trying to scare u just be practical and keep u'r eye on it. It's probably nothing but sometimes our systems make it a little something. But the nurses will be back to tell u. and they know--I don't. Keep that in mind.U coud lso use neosporin or a drawing salve if u have it or get this crack an egg and u know the slimy part of the egg put it right on there. Nutso I know, but u'd be suprised that daws out infection.

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2013

G'mornin....YAWN!!!!  Back at it again...I know that tired NM..I feel it.  No pain no gain tho...right??

Cami...I've used egg skin on a boil once..it worked like a charm..tho really gross ..whatever it takes. 

Good Morning Julie.

Beckers...so you are in your OK home?  I thought that you lived in Cali and that your DH went to OK for work....is it that you and DH live in OK and you are staying in Cali to care for your mom?  Im funcussed.

Orla...what kind of wood working were you doing? 

Whats on for scary movies today?  I remember Saturdays as being full of them as a kid and would sit all day watching the "creature double feature" after cartoons of course.

Happy Sat TURD day to one and all.

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2013

Whoop!!!!  Lets Party!

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

orla,   it might be a hematoma if it does not look like a bug bite,,  you know the usual advice,keep it clean, anysign of redness, increased swelling,increased pain,fever, off to the doc you go, ps where is this "scratch"  plus any recluse spiders or similar ilk in your area?  because their bites need immeadate attention,  their like  bloody icebergs,its what underneth the surface is the biggest concern.    becks, we know your hubby is not in jail but you know us when we get the wrong end of the stick it becomes a ongoing joke, more importantly did you have a" nice" visit!  nm hope you get to enjoy your weekend and don't have to work too hard. off work ,ortho says light duty but our manager doesn't do light duty so unless they can find me a job in a different dept ,off work i stay until cleared for full dutyCry,  er put me on naproxen for 10 days, ortho asked about pain meds, told him and he said your going to be on naproxen a lot longer than that!!!  and gave me a pot of 90! , the office has a pharmacy there, there;s a diagnosis listed  on the med bottle, for rotator cuff rupture ,i bloody hope not

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

happy birthday cammi!   have a wonderful day

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

well you've got a lot of cake so now here's your present!

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Juliet it's on the side of my stomach it has a bruise in a circle raised in the middle is the scratch

I was chopping wood cyn cleaning up sticks was making a fire outside

I was out in the country? If I had a recluse bite wouldn't I have a high fever?

Omgggghh Happy Birthday Cammie

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Images may be subject to copyright.

• Orange73
    edited May 2013
  • nativemainer
    edited May 2013

Good afternoon, Loungettes!  Got my work done, the week is in the bag, had a lovely lie out in the sun.  Got fiddleheads, fresh corn and finely cut up rib eye in the crock pot simmer. Gonna take some time to cook down, then add a little cream and garlic, and yummy springtime soup!  I usually make it with lamb, but there wasn't any in the store when I stopped and I didn't want to keep going to check out some other stores. 

ORLA--what you describe could be a couple different things.  You could have bumped  yourself, getting a scratch in the process and a bruise.  It could be a bug bite.  Can you post a pic?  We can tell more from a pic.  Does it itch? 

CynCyn--I know no pain no gain, but I'm not sure what I'll be gaining from all this work! 

Juliet--I have enjoyed the afternoon, and plan to enjoy tomorrow, too, thank you very much! Rotator cuff rupture?  Yikes, I hope not!  Maybe the ortho was just using that dx 'cause it will cover the naproxen?  You know how we have to play the system sometimes. 

ORLA--could you have gotten a splinter? 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2013

That sounds delish NM!!  I got some short ribs and was thinking of a crockpot dinner also but I forgot veggies..sure wish I had some fiddleheads to add. Maybe I can sneak out and get some carrots and the corn sounds good too. 

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2013

(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y to you

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y to you

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y dear C a m i l le

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y to YOU!

(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪) 

~wishing you many many more birthdays!!!!

Love always,

Dorothy

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CammieLuv!

I made you some cupcakes. I made de one with your name on it in chocolate cuz I tink you prefer chocolate.

Dis is a partay for a berry importent goil, come one come all, let's parTaY!!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

Happy birthday Cami!!! Are you at the HTL in your birthday suit? Hope you had fun.

• nativemainer
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  It's gotten very, very green here now, so pretty, especially in the morning in the fog. 

CynCyn--it was good, it wad good indeed.  And I've got enough for dinner tonight, too.  And I've got some fiddleheads left over to steam with garlic and white wine.  Sometimes veggies are really, really good! 

DorKable--ooh, nice cupcakes!  You are so talented!

Becs--Did you get a pic of Cammy in her birthday suit? 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is The Birthday Cake Drink

3 ounces fluffed marshmallow vodka 

1 ounce cream of coconut (be sure to stir well before using!)

2 ounces Amaretto

3 ounces Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur

Honey

Sprinkles (I used nonpareils)

In a mixer, combine Vodka, coconut, Amaretto and White Chocolate Liqueur. Add ice and shake. Serve in a glass rimmed with sprinkles!

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

now i know where cammi was

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

where is cammie? she had all these b day posts?

Juliet very nice