Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

ALL RIGHT--WHAT'S GOING ON NO ONE COMES HERE MUCH ANYMORE, I DEPEND ON THE DOTD, JUIE'S PICTURES, WAHINE AND HER NEW EYES, LORI AND HER IDEAS, NM AND THE WEATHER REPORT, MEMASUE ALL ALL SHE TAKS ABOUT, ORANGE AND WHT SCARY MOVIES ON, CHRISSY B AND WEDDING PLANS,DORK AND HER FARTS, CYN AND HOW HARD SHE WORKS IN ORDER TO ENJOY HER LIFE BECS AND HER TRIPS TO OK TO SEE HER HUSBAND (NOT IN JAIL-YEA)---WTF AND I PROBABLY MISSED SOMEONE---BUT THIS HAS BEEN SO QUIET--WE CAN'T LET THIS GO DOWN THE PIPES LIKE WHEN WE PEE OUR DRINKS AWAY--WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HOLD OUR DRINKS AND SPEAK OUR MINDS--WELL AT LEAST THE CELLS THAT LIQUOR, OR CHEMO DIDN'T DESTROY. WE ARE WOMAN, WE ARE STRONG, AND MOST OF US CAN SPELL AND TYPE AT THE SAME TIME. U'R WASTING THE BEAUTIFUL LOUNGE THAT HAS BEEN BUILT BRICK BY BRICK OR HUK BY HUNK AND DRINK BY DRINK---SO AS AN ELDER i WANT TO SEE MORE ACTION ON HERE.  THERE I HAVE SPOKEN. AND I DIDN'T COME DOWN FROM A MOUNTAIN TOP JUST THIS LITTLE MOUND WE HAVE IN THE BACKYARD===WHICH BTW I THOUGHT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR BEING A SPOKESPERSON. I MISS EVERYONE

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2013

good morning cammi,yes i do love you  ,will try to do better,

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited May 2013

The proper use of the "F" Word throughout History
    We all know that it isn't polite to use the F-word. However, there have been ten times in history where the "F" word has been acceptable for use:
    10. "What the fu** was that?" - Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945
    9. "Look at all them *ucking Indians!" - Custer, 1877
    8. "Any *ucking idiot could understand that." - Einstein, 1938
    7. "It does so *ucking look like her!" - Picasso, 1926
    6. "How the fu** did you work that out?" - Pythagoras, 126 BC
    5. "You want WHAT on the *ucking ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566
    4. "Where the fu** are we?" - Amelia Earhart, 1937
    3. "Scattered *ucking showers....My ass!" - Noah, 4314 BC
    2. "Aw c'mon Monica! Who the fu**'s going to find out?"- Bill Clinton, 1999

And Number 1 . . . drum roll please . . . .

1. "Geez, I didn't think they'd get this *ucking mad." -Saddam Hussein, 2003

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

good morning bernieLaughing

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited May 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Don't worry if I don 't pop in from time to time, I'm really busy at work and if the computer doesn't boot right up in the ayem I don't have time to sit around waiting for it! 

Juliet--WHERE do you find these guys!  YUM! 

ORLA--Spider bites can be pretty horrible!

Mema--cleaning out stuff s rewarding work, isn't it? 

Cammy--Hooray for decadent and wild weekend ends! 

Becs--Are you saying you took off in a tornado???????? Oh, no you were headed to the airport.  I've always wanted to do a storm chasing vacation.  Lucky you!   Children drowned in a school basement?  Holy cow, that is terrible!  How horrible!

Cammy--Maine is a medical marijuana state, too.  The "distribution centers" offer a surprisingly large range of types and kinds of weed, some for smoking, some for cooking, it's surprisingly complex!  No, I haven't been in one, but I've had a few patients who had medical marijuana cards and they taught me a lot.

Juliet--how does you boss get away with no light duty?  Glad they can find something for you to do, I'd go nuts with boredom. 

ORLA--make sure you get enough fluids to stay hydrated.

BBBBernie--LOL!   There ARE times when the "F" word is appropriate!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Jumpstarter

2 parts Absolut New Orleans vodka

1/4 part fresh tarragon

1/4 part lemon juice

1/4 part simple syrup

lime twist for garnish

Preparation:

Muddle tarragon, lemon juice and simple syrup in an old-fashioned glass.

Fill with ice and add the vodka.

Garnish with a lime twist.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Good Morning Ladies--I guess I got overly emotional--u think> and Bernie of all people I left u'r name off tho How could I have done that? U start our days with such humor and I love the F-reasons- ALL TRUE and so funny. But NM I wasn't chastizing anyone I was missing everyone and the DOTD--Taragon? ooo that's a weird drink taste maybe, I don't know actually. And all of u who are so busy I know, and it just means u can be busy and it's wonderful. Oh Oh It's legal in NM and they actually sell the baking kind, so u don't have to smoke it? OH I didn't even know there were different kinds of it.

Julie how are thise Meds working for u'r arm? U have to work in a suit of armor.

I'm watchig the news now about OK, I can't stop it's so sad and moving what all these people are going thru and the people helping The NBA people are donating loads of money which I think is great.

And I hope u all have a good day or night and feel good/

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

Hi cammie love u all

yes we need to try daily posts but all the goils get busy

watching freddy cougar still not feeling good but can keep fluids down I was in that heat it killed me not used to the heat last summer I was indoors so IDK

im drinking my water nursers

Hi bernie hope all iswell

dork ? still looking for stella

Hi cyn whats new ? wheres wahine traveling in the artic lol

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

Morning all!

I got called off, meaning census is low at the hospital. I got an assignment from the old registry for thur and fri. But....I have a question: WHy da hell do I procrastinated so bad??? I am now in a mad dash to get TB test and CPR done. Oh sure, "I lost my documents and had to redo on computer today." like she's gonna believe that malarky. I just really want to pull those covers over there up n over my head is what I really want to do. How are you all?

Cami, I don't know where errybody went. Who is missing? Wahine, Goldie, Mema... Did they say where they are off to? Hmmm. Jus kick der ass. Ha.

If any buddy has a current CPR cert and TB test result with my name on it, please fax to my registry. Thanks. Imma get under those covers!!!

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

believe me becks you don't want my tb test results but you can have my bls card!,  just finished my first shift at the gift shop, the creditcard and banking system was still working when i left.  this is regarded as the best gift shop in the system, for their selection,    which means lots of breakablesSurprised, haven't broke anything,YET!.  kathy is away again right now,not sure where,lori is busy with work and mema and dorty popped in the other day..  lara hope your feeling better today, water is good but also try to vary it,like gatorade,broth ,jello etc,.,good afternoon cammi

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Omg we had the worst storms here

It was a light show

Thunder so loud!

We are getting more soon

I love storms

Not the hurricane type just thunder storms

When I can't sleep I listen to a thunder and rain on the computer

Pop back in

Staying hydrated

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Julie u'r working in the fift shop with that arm. OMG I don't know how u r not breaking stuff, I would justurn and take a whole display.

OK Becs I understand, when they make my app't they actually say ro me u thik u'll show up this time.  I'm terrible--at first I was perfect, now I'm like ugh

Wow lara this is taking u some time.--Saw Freddy this morning then Last house on the Street??? Not scary just action, Now I've got on Taken---not enough scary movies that I haven't seen. So u'r drinking lot and keeping it down--that's good, but remember what Julie said. I'm sorry u'r feeling so bad.

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OH Julie that's what I'm talkin about, and dreaming about now. LOL

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2013

Cami- We now have another reason to get together as fellow May birthday girls.  Happy belated.  Anybody feel like sending good vibes my way, I'll take it.  Surgery tomorrow.  Cheers all!

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

ok, adey, i'll be there, and i can drink now!

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Adey we're in u'r pocket but no prosis at being quiet, I'll guide the surgeon whil the rest rink so don't worry and let us know as soon as u can how u feel--they won't let us go to recovery--we usually get caught by that time. Good Luck Sweetheart.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

I CAN'T FIND A GOOD SCARY MOVIE. EEEECK

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Orange I'm in luck---Thanks to my chemo brain I was watvhig a movie and my DD said mom u saw this a couple of weeks ago--no memory of it--so I can start all over tho sometimes I remember the name I really don't remember all of the movie.  YYYAAAYYY for my own chemo beain--boy good thing I'm not working or any memo I would get poof out of my head. LOL

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

a positive for chemo brain, now about something good for hormone/tamoxifen brain

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited May 2013

Ohhhhhhh Cami, my apologies (cannot say de work dat starts wid de "s"....not allowed here)! Been busy....went to Vegas for a few days, couple of days home, then went to Tunica for a few days, got home late Monday night, then busy taking parent to appts, etc. Will be in Paris a wk from tomorrow, then Prague. Jest bizzy, bizzy, bizzy!!! I have been trying to read some of the posts but haven't posted for awhile, so puleez foigive mese, ok? Learned a wunnerful dwink from one of de loungettes here.... "Lemon Drop Martini". Tried to get the vip bartender to make it in Tunica....omg his 2 tries were awful. Then the part time gal bartender was there during the day, and made it purrfectly! I wrote down what she did, so will try to replicate at home.

My DH placed in the finals on Sunday for a big blackjack tournament that took 2 days. Got $$$ of chips! THen he was invited to another one next month but he foigot that we are going to the DC area for a wedding that weekend. OOPS! My DD and g'kids drove 6 hrs to spend Sun night in Tunica so we could visit. That was nice!

So really, no excuses.....jest bin bizzy!!!! Love you all, and of course we will keep the HTL going, Cammi!

Hugs! Kat (aka Wahiney de Machiney)

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Kat I'm so happy u'r having a wonderful time---boy do u travel--that's wonderful--all is forgiven of course just missi u'r guys all of us are.

Well here's my silly news--my DD wet to the beauty supply plac and bought temp. lavender color with sparkle (tehehe) ad did a few strand and SHE like it--her, she, th bitch thought it was kid of cute;;But it's like paint not chalk so I'd rather have chalk, but it wo't sparkle. So that's my news. LOL

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited May 2013

Cami, you died your hair purple? You go girl!

Orange, back to your comment....there is something to be said about a part time hubby. I do miss him a lot this time tho. We had a great weekend.

Hi Wahine!! Glad you were just buzzy. Buzzy and bizzy. (darn auto correct)

Juliet, you got a deal on all your fancy work clothes! I still don't even have bras so thank god for scrubs. I'd be in trouble if they put me in the gift shop! Still in work out bras. Guess I might try again. I just think size C1/2 to D boobies are ridiculous! I never had them like this. Maybe I need one of those cross my heart, industrial strength ones.

I was a chicken with my head cut off trying to get my dang ducks in a row today...did online CPR, found someone to sign off on my skills last min, went to Staples to print online certificate which didn't work, went to coworker's Moms house to print it, went to CPR class and found out it was the wrong online class, went home and paid for another online class, got it there by 5, got TB test done and all to find out I can't work the assignment because TB test takes 48 hours to read. So....another day off, maybe 2 :-/ I've worked 4 hours total. Oh well!

Crazy news still. Some nut job cut a guys head off. WTH? I need a dwink. Nite nite.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Well Becs u were busy and nding u'r post on such a happy note makes it all worthwhile.

• Adey
    edited May 2013

Morning all.

Cami-  Did you hear on the news about the Glenbard East HS thing?  That's my girl's school!  I'm off to surgery in a minute....... eek.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

I just got up and giving u more love in this thread. Hugs Adey and let us know somewhere LOL as soon as u can OK--MUAH

• juliet62
    edited May 2013

gentle ((((((((adey)))))))

• Adey
    edited May 2013

A Mayonnaise Jar & Two Beers... 

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 Beers. 

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him.

When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. 

He then asked the students if the jar was full. 

They agreed that it was. 

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly.

The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. 

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. 

They agreed it was. 

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else. 

He asked once more if the jar was full. 

The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.' 

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.

The students laughed.. 

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. 

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. 

The sand is everything else---the small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. 

The same goes for life. 

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.  

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. 

Spend time with your parents. 

Visit with grandparents. 

Take your spouse out to dinner. 

Play another 18. 

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. 

Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. 

Set your priorities. 

The rest is just sand. 

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. 

The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.' 

The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers with a friend.

(even if they are cyber!)

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Adey I never heard that one and it;s great--and it is life- (((HUGS)))

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

Adey we r with ya in surgery

cammie chemo brain and weed great combo!!!!

Becks I understand its hard I was seperated from mine 3 years issues I loved it though

but would miss him here and there

Juliet u took on a second job?

I plan to sfter all this chit is done

2 weeks and im in surgery for the foobs getting nervous been a bit OCD

Waine can I have your life? I would love to travel everywhere all the time. I can fit in a suitcase?

Cammie there is always a scary movie well thats not true but fear net has them on all the time

I feel better its the heat very humid here

• Orange73
    edited May 2013

funny pictures