Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited July 2013

good morning bernieLaughing,can i be exempt from the taxes though!.      cape town,last year at the epcot food and wine festival,south africa had a booth and the beef they served was fantastic!  day off today, but need to go to the gym, the volenteers are hhaving a pizza fundraiser, so will eat pizza then go on the treadmill!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

CapeTown are u new? Now we have someone who knows beer--YaY

And BBBErnie it's so good to here from u and HM the Queen is finally catching on. So the Bell is ringing, a future King is born and we have an expert on beer all in one time--Good for us.

Good Morning all---

Julie OMG u r so funny in the cafe, I think most of us would be the same way but again for some reason certain things with certain people crack me up more. And it true u and NM have a license to pretty much do what u wsnt with people.

NM U sound so much more relaxed lately, cuz u have to learn to take care of u'r self to and enjoy Sadie and being light ut longer so u can be outside longer--I'm glad.

Kat if u have more problems with u'r toenails just shoot 'em off--that';; stop all this shit.

OK why is everyone ==(almost) in so much pain--WTF is going on with all this stuff. People not knowing about cancer always think when rads stop everything is fine--u'r done--I thought so too, so I'm guilty but boy was I wrong. Sometime that's just the start of aftercare for all this crap. It gets tiring I know. I've got my Dr. today and my dgtr wants to go--I do no want her to go--she hears things and says thing that are not right--and I don't want drama---So I get a little upset with her. I know I shouldn't but I do.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day--and keep the guns locked up.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited July 2013

Ahhhhh, His Royal Highness, thank you, as I could not figure that one out.

Thanks Julie, I only got the peppers done, got 5 pints. Will do the maters today.

Cami, my aunt taught me how to can. I used to do soooooo much more, but don’t have that big of a garden now. It’s time consuming, but the rewards are worth it. Funny that you are still laffing at Kat! Good idea to send her after our Dorkie. Oh how I know you don’t want your DD to go. Maybe you could tell her she can go, if she keeps her mouth closed? But you know all of us will be dere wif you.

Kathy, are the good shoes to help wif your tootsies? Oh good, I do hope they help and you don’t have to have surgery. Oh good idea to put that big bottle of GJ for Dork. Have you heard anything from your DD?

Cyn, I do not vacuum/freeze anything. But I do freeze the sketti sauce, thanks to you. I only have maters, peppers, zucchini, onions and some herbs. My beans were eaten by critters and my cukes didn’t do well, nor did my melons L. Glad you are back, but must say, you’ve had an awesome spring and summer. Awwww, what a cute picture of Reese. Uh oh, all hell has broken loose?????

Karen, it’s nice to get out and have fun with friends.

Lara, glad you found a doc you like and who “gets it”, AND he’s cute! Hoping that the IV is all you have to go through. What happened with your GF? Where did you go? Oh wait, I think NY? YES the Conjuring was freaky, especially if you like those kinds of movies, I don’t. It was DH that wanted to see it.

Becks, that is definitely some crazy chit, especially when you drink something cold! 5K mud run? S’plain Lucy.

Julie, I’m with you on the running. And girl, dropping hot coffee grounds on yourself? If you don’t be careful, you won’t be allowed to work in the café’ either! Oh, I am dangerous with a sharp knife, I try to be SOOOOO careful.

Bernie back in the house…….yippee, and wif more funnies!

Hello and welcome Cape. There are a few beer drinkers, are you one?

Oh how funny that Sadie nudges your lap top, good for her! She is such a smart girl. My mom’s shepherd does very smart things too. WOW, that Wet Wednesday looks super SWEET!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2013

Bernie....love it.....my SIL loves to tease my DD and us about the proper way to say the last letter of the alphbet....an I'm used to the "proper" way of spelling words with "ou" or "ise" (anre "re"  instead of "er") even though I don't use them these days....its how I learned to spell

Cami...good luck at the doctor today

Capetown...welcome....

Think I"m going to take my walk before I shower this morning....slacked a bit the past two days walking so need to pick up the steps today...getting close to the next million steps....just under 30K....hoping to make it by end of tomorrow....gf just called to walk, so need to get dressed....she's walking here, so not as much walking as when I go to her house as I walk there...she drives here....so mor walking later today and tonight.......

Have a good Wednesday....

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited July 2013

WooHoo Happy Hump de Hunk Dey!!! And Lori bwought a hunky hunk for us to hump. SurprisedEmbarassed I didn't really write dat did I? Nah....youse jest readin it all wrongliest. Dats cuz de Queen changed how wese spell tings!!!

Bern, Loved what you posted....so funny....esp the part about seeing if anyone notices the changes!!! Glad to have you back in de Lounge. Here is a BIG glass of wine for ya...heck, here is de entire bottle...now sit down and stay awhile!!

Oh yeah Cami, so true, NM and Julie are "Trained" killahs too. I do hope you let your DD go with you to your Dr appt today. Like Lori said, just tell her to not say anything. I would have done that for my DD if she had wanted me to come to B'ham with her. It is YOUR appt, but if your DD comes with you, she may later be able to interpret what was said, and 'splain things to you. Sometimes its easier to remember what they say if YOU aren't the patient, so she may be a big benefit there. LET US KNOW!!! I mean, yeah, wese all dere wif ya, but wese so teeny tiny its hard to hear wid our tiny earz, plus wese all inebriated so dat makes it eben harder to hear and comprehendable de info. LOL. But really, puleez let us know what the drs say, or I will personally write to your DD or call her, and find out!!! (((Camille)))

Sounds like some nice days you have had lately, Karen. Nice you can see your friends before the school year starts.

Lori, I have never canned anything. Was introduced to that when I first moved to the South, but it was foreign to me. I also was scared of pressure cookers too....crockpots I can handle...lol. Freezing I can do! NIce you get so much from your garden that you can put up for later. My DH buys so much stuff I would not have room, even with 2 large fridge/freeezers. AND he has filled the pantry and I find cans of food everywhere he thinks to hide them...he is so funny. And he wonders why I refuse to get a Sams or Costco membership!!! Anyway, thanks for de Hunk!

Cape, yes a big welcome to you! I like beer too, but I am a wimp. Can't drink the dark beer, just like Hefeweisen (sp?), and Blue Moon, ShockTop, and then the regular domestic US beers. My Dh likes Guinness, and dark beer/lager/ales. Join us and let us know a bit about yourself!

Cyn, Oh dear, I do hope things will get bettah soonliest. You are such a sweetie, and I hate it when you are upset. (((Cyndie)))

Dorkie, Where art thouest??? Come on back heah, you heah???

Julie, OUCH, glad you didn't get hurt worse than you did. You are quite dangerous aren't you??? LOL. Hope you get back to nursing soonliest...even though the giftshop has been an interesting diversion, mese tinks youse is happiest helping patients!!

OK, now to try NM's Wet Wednesday dwinks, then to try Lori's Wet Wednesday hunk! Cheerio Deerio!

Kat

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Just got this from Smarter Travel about a popular fast food chicken place in South Africa...have you tried this place, Cape? (P.S. that commercial is eerie!)....

Chicken Licken, South Africa And Botswana

Chicken Licken, South Africa and Botswana

(Photo: Juliana Rotich via flickr/CC Attribution)

We do not have fast-food sandwiches topped with Dreamy Creamy or Soulfirenaise in America, and that is a crying shame. Chicken Licken is the largest non-American fried-chicken franchise in the world and, not to be unpatriotic, we think its menu blows KFC out of the water. Get chicken served any way you want it: as a "cheeseburger," as wings, popcorn-style, as sliders, or in pieces. Plus, Chicken Licken has way creepier commercials than American chains—and that's saying something.

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Oh Ladies the weather is beautiful to walk here it's nice and cool--and hopfully it stays this way for the weekend--it's supposed to so I hope so.

Goldie I remember my mom frying pepers and freezing in bunches and blanching zucchini and freezing, The only thing she would jar was gravy (sauce) and she always made hot peppers in oil--enough for the winter--we never bought those. But lots of work and I wanted no part of it so I didn't learn anything except about the peppers. Oh Goldie that water looks beautiful-Hump dayHump day=Hump day.

OK I'll talk to after the dreaded Dr. thing---I hate all this stuff still. 

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited July 2013

Juliet pizza and treadmill love it

Do u pee in de pool tee her

Kat what secret mission r u on? Contract killer lol glad u like me

Goldie, Karen I rented a chalet on the lake in the adriondacks

I left after 2 days home to dh whole vaca ruined by my friend she's so rude had an attitude a d offered me zero money

So she's not a true

friend

Thanks NM for the advice

Yes Karen he did name those pills as well

I'm not going that route due to weight gain

Where they will transfuse this lydicane ? Idk the arm mybe

I just want to get back to normal

Hi Bernie

HRH love it

How u doing becks

Ill b in the perco fountain

Come visit

Hi cammie I know pain is blah

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Hi Lara, of course I am your friend and I like you....but ya bettah be nice to me to keep it dat way....LOL....jest kiddin! Well when I tried to google a pic of a percotini fountain, look what came up....(HunkyDory, Dee, Lori, Junie and me)...from de HTL..

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

9b2e639d

• wahine
    edited July 2013

ROFLMAO on your Queen picture, Cami!

Looks like we had a party crasher fall into our percotini fountain (and he doesn't look "hunky" enuf to keep, IMHO)...

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Kat thro him out--u'r trained for thst--he's not keepable. LOL

• wahine
    edited July 2013

OK Cami, I'll throw him out but I need a disguise...

OOPS 2 of the HTL Tenders Grabbed ME instead (I WISH I looked like this!!!)....

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

ahahahahaha disguise--Oh shit u'r making my side hurt so bad--cuz i'm laughing so hard. LOL That's priceless. And whoa the 2nd pic. well the hair is long but that body is certainly mine. hahahah

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

i thought i recgonized those nails,no will to get to the gym even for pizza!

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

On the first day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."
    The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
    And God said that it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
    The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten?"
    And God again said that it was good.

On the third day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this I will give you a life span of twenty years."
    The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
    And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
    But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
    "Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service. If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch....

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Oh Julie I love it--makes perfect sense to me too.

• Orange73
    edited July 2013

Great pics rothmfl

I found that guy kat he was really drunk threw him in the perco fountain he ran away and u found him

I'm dancing in his head

Praise the world I just got my pain cream

Now I can rest!

Jeeeez..

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

hrh prince george alexander louisLaughing

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Thanks Julie, I hadn't heard his name yet, but I was thinking they would use George. Just sounds so traditional.

Hope that cream works for your pain Lara!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2013

Yeahh....Lara's doing the happy dance on that guys head..Who let him in anyway? Musta snuck by while we were all dwunk.  Kat..you crack me up.

Hello Cape Town...welcome...Im a beer girl too..but I drink Cheapo beer. Not the good expensive stuff.

BBBBernie...that was funny...I think they use the OU in Canada too.  I imagine we would still be ruled by the British had it not been for taxing the damn tea..

Glad your getting a break from the heat NM and having lots of you and silly Sadie time too. 

Your veggies look so yummy Lori...sucky that the aminals got to some of it.  I could never grow anything in AZ and I tried...I had luck with cherry maters but it took forever. 

I know you are all just on the edge of your seats wanting to know what Drama went on here yesterday...well, some of you know my DS2 lives with me and recently lost his job...it took him a week to tell me...he still left the house for work and came home the next day but he finally let that cat out of the bag..he also has been driving my car because his was over heating.....in ONE week he managed to get 3 citations...And Then..yesterday while I was working he broke the news to me that he had a friend downstairs from Massachusetts who he told it was fine to stay here until he got on his feet....DS1 now is having issues with his g/f and living situation and is here too. I was a little upset.  So thats it. 

So what is the saying... KEEP CALM and CARRY ON???    I knew I should have bought that T shirt..instead I got a MIND THE GAP shirt...Julie and Bernie may get that..maybe Wahine too..I also bought a pair of boxer shorts with the London underground map on them..lol..silly but they make cute PJ's.

Julie...I'll put up some pics once I get some downloaded to photo bucket. 

Happy Hump Dey to all!!

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

cyn i admire your restraint in that ds2 is still alive!  i got a cup with keep calm and put the kettle on, so will have a cup of tea in support for you

• wahine
    edited July 2013

OMG Cyn, and you are sane enough to actually write a post here? I would be going bonkers!!!! SO now you have THREE guys living there with you, and when you had just moved in and I visited you last Sept, it was just YOU in that wonderful place with so much room for all YOUR stuff. WOW. Since you also work at home, I sure hope you can keep going on with everything you need to do. (((CyndieLouWhoNeedsABigHug))). I am flabbergasted, totally. BUT on the other hand, you know your kids really love you to want to be with you so much, AND trusted that you would let their homeless friend in, also. You have a HUGE heart, Cyndie!!! Will be praying that all goes well, and the boys can get on their feet and give you some alone time, like you deserve! No idea what "Mind the Gap" means....'splain puleez.

KatWouldBeGoingNuts

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2013

Per request

Just arrived

DD Jodi Big Ben/ Parliment

Photo bucket is being an A hole and wont let me copy and paste any more than these two..I'll try another time. 

Lubslubslubs ya's

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

cynLaughing

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Awesome pics Cyn, and totally kewl that Stella got to go on the trip too! (Hope the airlines didn't see her, or they would charge more!). Can't wait to see more, post when you can.

• Orange73
    edited July 2013

Great pics cyn

Lets see more

I think there will b a mass of babies now named George

Cyn stresssss

The cream works omg I'm jumping in the guys head! Lol

I'm dancing yeaaaaaaaaaasa

K

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

yes lara. must have a drink to celebrate,how about some left over ouzo! bought it in kos.

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

"Root-Canal Float"

1 1/2 oz Jack Daniel's® Tennessee whiskey 8-10 oz root beer 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream

1. Put Jack Daniels in cup first.  2. Pour Root Beer in second.  3. Gently put ice cream in cup (careful for expansion)  4. After it settles, stir to mix the ice cream with spoon and serve.

- SimpleCountryGirl