Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited October 2013

Lara, a "spiderman pushup"....whuts dat? Heck, I can't even do a regular pushup anymore, with my bad back! SCARY doing things like that, and glad your implants DID NOT come out...yikes. Oh yeah, foigot about scary movies...shouldn't have gone out in the dark by the trees, but heck she wouldn't stop barking and we have a lot of covenants here (not at all like 'covens"...lol), so didn't want any complaints. There aren't many outside dogs in our neighborhood, so we have to stop any barking. Glad one of the scary monsters or bad spirits did not get me! Guess its so close to Halloween, it could be lots of other ghouls too.... So your bday is Nov 1st? Our late Junie's DH's bday is Oct 31. Fun!!! I need to get our h'ween stuff out...I have an animated tall witch who is really scary and moves around the house, another animated one that stands still but says and does things, plus my fun headless butler costume, and a gazillion other scary stuff. The kids hesitate coming up to our door...some of you remember when our neighbors moved in, their DD was young and got so scared as that was the yr I used the headless butler outfit, and it looks SOOOO real. After that, her mom kept coming over to show her I was really okay, but we were traveling, so weren't home. She STILL remembers that, and it was prolly 7-8 yrs ago. Now her 3 younger siblings (rugrats) can get scared.

• wahine
    edited October 2013

DrCami, Funny that its usually worse when a dog barks....yikes.....next time I will be scared after what you and Lara are saying!!! OH and remember, in that pic only my head was really me, and she was able to get rid of my chin, so even my head looks smaller...OF COURSE that was really Dork's body in the pic!!! And stoooopid DH brought home special cupcakes the other day....duh....I am like a sweet-aholic can't be near any sweets cuz I will eat dem for shuah. That crockpot kalua pig turned out heavenly last night...and DH's friend made the Chicken Long Rice as we gave them the recipe, and he loves it.

Okey Dokey, need to see what the parental-units (taken from Dorkie) need today....toodles....Hawaiian noodles...

Kat

• wahine
    edited October 2013

I like these...hope you get a laff out of them....

A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said. "How do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013

kat it's the 5 th

U r do pretty

Love your hair

Yes pleeeeezzzzze do not do that again

I could tell a real scary story but u all will think I'm nuts

Cam I am going to make a script on a scary movie your in it

We r s team queens

It's a push up but u bring your leg up like spider man

Kat please rest your back its the worst

Dork whatcha ya up to

Greeting the bugs

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Copying this from a response the mods wrote to our ChrissyB and others, who were trying to resize pics using our new posting options....

chrissyb, the resize thing was something we'd flagged as being absent in testing, and it was added yesterday. Here's how to do it:

Just uploaded this cute bunny, and if I want to make it smaller/larger, I can click on its image (while writing the post OR afterwards by first clicking Edit, beside Delete). Then I'll see this:

Note the dotted line around the pic, and the little black square at its lower right? Just click and hold the black square so you can drag it to the left and up to shrink the picture to your choice of size.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Dis for Lori, I think, as I am so bad with names! The sparklies is for DorK cuz they interntain her!!!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2013

Goof aftermoon girls! It sundey fundey.

Kat, the girls cracking me up tailing ya to neber go outside when de dog is barking in the middle of the night. Glad it was not anything more than a baby possum. I hope you get your Halloween stuff out. I had Steve bring mine down from the attic and hope to get it outside today. Baby steps though. I miss Mrs. Vino and her famous witches, she eben named one after me. I might message her and ask to to please drop in and show us her witches again.

Lara, would love to hear yer scary story. and don't be offended but wese know you nuts. But not as nuts as mese truly! How ya feeling hon? and yes, Kat is very pretty and her hot red hair is gorgeous on her. Have fun apple picking and don't eat de poison apples. and I kidding about yo being nuts.

Camille, how you feeling today love? Did you sleep well? Hey, yesterday my Dad was watching a scary movie. NOt sure what it was called but typical scary movie. There was a girl who kept getting calls on her cell phone. The usual "who's this and what to you want from me"? Guy says "blood". She ran out from a house then went into another house. The calls continue. I am like why de phuck you keep answering the phone? So enny way, police call her and tell her they traced the call and it came from the house. She then finds dead people in the house. I stop watching cuz mese scared! Not my ting. You scary movie lovers are brave! How is sweet Joey? Gib him a kiss and a hug from mese.

Marlin - is this cooking you talking about for ballerinas and band kids yer job? I mean to you get paid or jest volunteer work? Dat one hail of a lot of cooking goil! Whoa. Sweet anniversary wish for Lori and tanks for de sparkles!

Karen, it is odd to find no one here eh? I come in often and no one around but I tink I skeer people away. How is your weather there? It has been so mild here for fall. Yesterday went into the mid 80's. We have had weeks of jest bootiful days. I keep the pool open jest to look at but peeps were actually swimming yesturdey. How does your DD 2 like her new phone? I love my smart phone, it smarter than mese! lol.

Yes Kat, missing so menny goils here. I do worry when NM does not post. Great hearing about Junie, did not know she was a halloween baby. I worked with a goil who married a guy and BOTH of their bdays were 10/31. HOw cool is that?

So back to my contest. I am truly hurt that peeps tink it rigged. Kat, Karen....who else? I do know peeple! watch yer backs. lol, you know I kidding, right? it was fun. But here is de proof that me not lying k?

First the three products:

damn, can't post the pics, don't know how without the widdle tree icon. I tried to copy/paste from my photo bucket account but not working. crud, I worked hard on proving de contest NOT bixed, rigged etc. chit!

here a video of the fn bug I took before I declared war. de basturd crawling on de door of mese cottage

oh nevermind for now, my photobucket account is not set to private so must change settings then post. You will enjoy what I did but without the little tree, can't do it. I have to do my wound care now, hate that. I am over two hours late, want to do that so I can play with my Halloween decorations and get my front yard done. It sucks that we have not had rain, I will not be able to get the ones with ground stakes in without help. they can wait until next year. life goes on.

I hope you all have a fabulous day, dwink lots of likker and be well. cheerS!

• Eve1956
    Eve1956 Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2013

LMAO!!!

Started my 77 yo mom's day this morning with this. Thank you for sharing Bernie! I'll be reading it to my co-workers tomorrow.

Laughter truly is the best medicine.

• Eve1956
    edited October 2013

thx for the friendly welcome

Chilled Chardonnay please.

WOW I have so much to catch up on!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

imageGood Afternoon...wow..pretty quiet in here today.

Have fun at your friends Bernie and hello to DH!!

Kathy, Sounds like you have great guard dogs. I love fall decorations and I remember as a kid , loving when my mother would decorate with all of her Halloween stuff.

Thats a lot of Lunches Lynne.

Lawa...I like that...(( Hugs)) ...I've been posting more....I want to hear your scary story too.

DorK....yes, Lawa is nuts..you dont lie....lol .but then again what is sane?? I think we are all nuts in our own way. I remember the stanky bugs last year doing cannon balls in your drinks.

OT today...fun...ceiling is still leaking...it sounds like its raining in my kitchen

Happy Anniversary to Lowie!!!!

Hi Eve

Back to Work

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2013

omg Cyn, so nice to see you. And cannon balls in my dwinks, had forgotten about that. the stink bug war continues...will tell you all more later.

My dad is having dinner at my sister's house, halleluya barmen, I mean AMEN.

Eve, welcome back, nice to see you. Chardonnay it is. TENDERS, git dis goil a few bottles of her fab. oh tank you, good boy Mr. Big, I tink Eve tank you too. BDW (which means by de way)...EVE, do you get the stink bugs up in CT? Nice to have anudder East Coast goil to partay with. So far, it jest me and Cyn and Wahine I tink. Does your 77 year old Mom live with you? I have my 78 year old Dad with me. It is bitter sweet, foah shoa!

Bernie, I also hope you have a good time with your friend and hope that the reuniting with your DH is all you have ever dreamed of. We are prepared to come in the HtL uFo to keep those nasty relatives of yours in line. And I tink Julia will be back from vacation in case we need her swamp land to hide dead bodies, jest saying....we got your back sweetie!

I have a telephone date tonight with a sweet gentleman that I went to college with. My Dad is away so DorkY must play. And my friend's wife is in the city with their daughter. I am looking forward to catching up with my friend. Will try to check back in later. I slept until 1 pee em todey so it might be much much later.

who is hosting a partay tonight? CYn? Oh how I wish you did not work these crazy hours my love. I have missed de hail outta you mi dear. Maybe we can have an anniversary partay in honor of Goldie whilsst she away sailabrating with her DH. A big congrats to her!! I know she far far away from de lounge, tinking that right now she is wearing her "ef me" shoes and is doing de boom chicky wow wow. come on goils, let's plan a big bash for Lori to read when she comes back, sound fun? who is in and when do we want to do dis? I know someone is up for a huge partay. I mean hail, we all dwunks right? Any reason for a partay is enough. heck, the sun is shining. or de clouds are in de sky partay would be good enuff for mese and I tink for all yese too!

gotta fly like a stank bug, cheeRs!

ps Have I told (ye all) you lately that I love you? have I told you lately that mese care .....

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Good idea Dora....lets have a whopping blowout partay for our Loweee!!! SHe prolly having a ton of fun, so we should habs fun too, rite? OH, I prolly was rambling too muchliest, but it is Junie's DH whose bday was on Halloweeen, not our Junie. SHe was borned in June...she a June bug Baby! (YES I know "borned" is not a woid, jest wanted to rite it dat way)!

Hiya Eve! I see the Tenders have brought you a nice bottle of Chardonnay, and even put it in an ice bucket for ya to habs all youse want! Myself, I like Moscato the best, BUT our Alli (MrsVINO)'s DH makes wine and his Chardonnay was to die for! Soooo good.

Laweeeeee, wese gonna habs a Anniv Partay for you and your DH, since you prolly habbing a lot of ChickyChickyBamBam and partaying dat way! Happee, Happee to you both!!!

Dang, thats a bad leak, Cyn! We got a nice note from a tenant about how thoughtful we are...YAY....we do want them to be happy, and that was nice that she wrote that. I wish your landlord was more responsive to repairs. They (or purchaser) will surely pay for it later with more repair bills.

Pau Hana Time!! WooHoo....wese partaying like its 1968....oh those were de days!!!!

hugsssssssssssssssssssss,

KatwinkaDwinka

• Eve1956
    edited October 2013

Yes Karen1956, 1956 is my birth year. Am a Leap Year baby to boot!

Thx for the welcome. Trying to play catch up.

Great forum!

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Awesome, we have 2 "1956 babies" here! This is a fun place to be Eve.....not sure if you saw the video or not, but we have created a utopia and whatever you want is at your beck and call. (Not to be funcused with "beckers",another loungette).

Dwinks all around!!!!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2013

Eve...I did notice that you are a leap baby....56 was a good year...

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited October 2013

OMG, had so much fun this weekend! This pic is in honor of someone who has a big-assed mouth! I won't mention any names but Daniel is his name and he made my tired ache this weekend! I had a very hard time being nice. Im not even on Tami any more but I blame my lack of self control on post tami non self control syndrome. Mese so baaaaaad.

Goils, you are some partayin mofo's cause I am 8 pages behind I think.

I was about to try, but just can't. Missed you all!!!!!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I wakdid up now. Dem ballerinas warred me out! Needed a nappie, not to be cofucsed with a baby nappy. Don't need one of dem today.

What time da Partay start?

Yeah Eve be back!! I not da newest new Loungette anymores!

Cyn--bummer bout the ceiling. Glad you back we misted you. You wirkin dis nite?

DorK- glad you gitted sum sleeperz! I trade you yur stankin bugz fir da mill moths in my pantry. Don't no what I buoyed that had dem but all of a sudden dey is ebberyware in meese pantry. Happened once before and we true out like $600-700 of food. Mi take de stink bugz tank ye.

Hi Karen--was da ballet todey? Bet yuse mom enjoyed dat. I like da ballet. Can't do de opree dough. Tree of meese 4 kids dance.

Kat-- I woulda gone outside too! Possums be nasty creatures and mean too. Had one on our back deck one time hissin at us. After da dog wuz barkin and you woke DH, what wuz sat screamin' we heared over here?

Lara-- hope you feelin bestliest todey. My kid was talking about how much technology and people's have ruined society. He 14 and way to smart with a near photographic mammary. His comments made meese tink of your paper you rightin. Want meese send him to you? He right wheel gut and could help git it done expedliestist.

Cami--I hope you feeling less floopy or at least have less flowing :poopy: today. What did they say at the tester place yesterday?

Lori-- bet she is habbin fun howlin like a wuff round da campfire wit DH. Bow chikka wow wow! My bersary comin up pwetty soon, 21 years. Scary day comin first though. Hey my bersary on turkey dey dis year!

Meese would lub to put out weenie decores. Unfortunalelely, few years back sum chit heads tole a bunch. Weese had 8-9 big flatables and some udder stuff too and dey crooked it :0(. Couple years before dat dey slashed the Santa day ones and I had to stitch dem back together and do soigery on de polar bear.

We in a nice neighborhood but stooped bored kids I sure what done it. Little foockers. I don't get much in de mood to decorate anymore.

Bernie-- sawry bout da haus guest. Maybe if you and DH make lots of dem chicks chicks boom da boom wow wow noises it will skeer her away! Hope you have good time with yuse friend and enjoying all de whine we Ben sendin. Drink ups dare more where dat came from! Hope you can post soon too. We miss yur funnies!

NM--hope you had a good weekend. It nice of you to look after ebberybunny and splain things so been Cami can understand dem! Dat take patients! How wuz dat hard cider? It sounded yummy. I had a griddle cake today what wuz filled wit apple butter and had pecans on it. Yummy!

I sure I foigit somebunny but gonna post before dis disappearz on meese, so meese apowagies if I fur gitted sumbunny

Now....let's gitz dis Partay started!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Oops I foigitted Beckers and ChrissyB cuz I not seen dem in a while

Beckers-- glad you had such a good time! We need tacky deets dough! What exactly did Daniiel make you tired ache dis weekend? Sounds lie you had a berry guut time!

ChrissyB-- hope yuse sees dis and dat Stella didn't lock you in da closet so she could chase after Moler Focker. I tink he goes ther because yur weather hitting warm and weese is gettin chillier here. I'm gettin ready to start a crocheting project. If I Getz stuck I contacting you. Your dress and your daughters too were bootiful.

I need Dutch to fetch me dinner and a dwink. Where he and de udder tenders and wenches be?

Hey Dork-- how are de tenders from the un rigged contest working out? Dey keepin up wif you?

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2013

Sew...I'm just not a ballet gal...Mom loved it (when she wasn't dozing off the beginning)...it was Giselle....I have no idea what the story is...of course I think its like all operas...same type story....the ballerinas were fantastic, but ballet is just plain old boring!!! We were given great seats.....orchestra level...the show was not sold out.....sure won't be buying any ballet tickets soon!!!!

Beckers.....do tell more about your week-end...

Who asked about Denver weather...it was just gorgeous yesterday and today....cool mornings and evenings and wonderful during the day...sunny blue sky....I think fall/autumn is my favorite season....

And I forget who asked if DD likes her smart phone.....She is sooooo happy with her iPhone 5c...its just what she wanted ......she is happy beyond happy....I'm slowly getting the hang of my smart phone...HTC one.....still need to learn how to adjust the volume and vibrate or turn volume off....I've learned a few things but right now the phone is still smarter than me....its a little bigger than I like but didn't want the iPhone cuz it was more money...I got mine (and a new flip phone for mom) at Costco....not activation fee, less expensive and better warranty....I loved my old phone but is not a smart phone and it was beginning to wear out..like buttons not working etc....so paying more each month to have the smart phones......Still need to play with my phone and make sure its what I want...the biggest complaint I have is often my hands are cold and then the "touch" doesn't work......and don't want to always have to wear gloves!!!

DorK...how are you girlfriend?

Cami and Lori where are your travels taking you to?

Cyndie, Chrissy, Kathy, Eva....and I know I'm leaving a few out, but when I can't scroll back it doesn't help this old brain of mine!!

Anyone up for a glass of wine? I'm ready for one more....

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Sending tenders with wine pronto Karen!

Know what you mean about ballet. Love the actual dancers, for a few, but hard to follow. My kids dance and you have to do ballet to progress for the other kinds of dance ? They like modern, jazz, tap and hip hop!

Bottoms up--I don't do wine but will join you with a mixed drink! Don't like wine too much to start with, then ther was this night I got SO sick. Now when I pass the Sutter Home in the store I start to wretch!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

hear, dis is edumuncational!

• wahine
    edited October 2013

I think I enjoy the ballet because I know all the hard work that goes into it, since my DD danced for years. Poor girls too, the pointe shoes ruin their feet, even though they "break" them first. So many blisters, etc., and they still will dance beautifully with such pain. Did you see the movie Black Swan? I loved it, very dramatic! Karen, can you tell me sumtin bout the Costco phones? I need to get a phone for my dad, and haven't started looking yet, but need one soon.

Glad you had such a good time Becks! Anythin you kin share wid us??? Wese keeps it quietliest, wese pwomise.

4sew, Must have been scary to have the opposum on your deck! At a prev home, I had one under this huge workbench I had....so I just left the garage door open till it finally left. Their teeth look like they can do a lot of damage!

Big Hugs with NO StinkBugs!

Kat

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

The ballet girls work really hard and those toe shoes--OUCH! And the costumes always itch! The tap dancers are the ones that always fascinate me. Their legs must feel like jello when they are done!

Opposums is ugly and mean. Fortunately they are near blind too!

I found Lori and DH.....

dang won't resize!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

what time da versary party start DorK? are you still on yuse fone sexy date call?

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Flowers for the anniversary goil! Spacial delivery :-)

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013

OMG 4sew!!! I thought that was his head as I was scrolling down but then realized it covered the good bits!.........lol.

Yeah, de Stella she been a good girl, been halpin mees wid doin tings coz ise gots me a chest infacshun an ize not feel good..........she be makin mees cups of tea and washin da dishes an she makin shoor ise takes mees anti B's on time too. Habent seen the moller focker........I tink he be habin too muchliest fun UP in Queensland on de beaches an de weefs........I tink he likes all de widdle and the bigliest fishies........maybe he foun anuder gal to anoi? an he leebs our Stella alone for a whilz.

Kathy, not smart to go outside in the middle of the night alone!....You are a big girl and should know better! At least the only thing out there was a little opossum.........and I think they are soooo cute......ugly but cute......lol. I love the way they play dead when threatened or just stand perfectly still. I saw one when I was there and they are fascinating as they are so different to our possums over here.

Karen I love the ballet!!! My mother was a dancer and I learned ballet from a very young age as did my daughters so I know the hard work that goes into making everything look so effortless and graceful. I know its not for everyone but the music is well worth listening to.

Hi Eve and welcome!!! Yeah the HTL is a great place to hang as the service is second to none!

Hi to everyone else that I haven't addressed personally! We are getting crowd in here and my mind will surely miss someone if I list everyone individually but know that I'm thinking of you all.

Love n hug. Chrissy

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013
    Hi Goils,

You do not scare people silly
    ok thia sstoy is true a serial killer would put a tape outside os a baby crying
    The women would go outside thinking it was a baby but it was him
    thats why kat or goils do not ck out noises
    I really did want to be a forsenic pychologist working with the FBI but I changed tunes
    Dork I hope your convo goes well
    I had a dream last night of an old high school boyfriend very weird
    Kat hope your back is better
    becs I am so happy u had fun
    tell us a story
    I do not want your child lol
    I am 39 have zero children
    Mybe someday but I do not see it in my cards
    I love them but I can give them back lol
    I have two neices that are my adorable children by my brother and his wife
    Oh yes my grandfather was Henri verde alden that was the one who painted
    he had to change his name to alden it was genzberg idk how to spell it but he was jewish and to protect himself and the fanmily he changed his name he was very educated, and an artist
  • wahine
    edited October 2013

Good Morning....a verrrrry quiet morning....missing our early morning gals, Lori and NM! And Julie too (waiting to see pics!)....

Lara, when you wrote "Dork I hope your convo goes well"....I was thinking "convo, convo......" Thought you meant some sort of "convoy" like in those old Smokey and the Bandit movies...lol. FINALLY mese bwain had a sip a joe and den realized you were writing about her conversation! Scary about having a tape playing of a baby crying....I mean who WOULDN'T go outside and check on that. I just had to run in the fenced back yard, but it is HUGE, lots of trees, and it was so dark that night, guess it was a new moon night or sumtin. What I was worried about was having a poisonous spider bite my foot, or a snake, etc. since I had barefeet in flip flops. Only seen a snake one time in our back yard, and it was by a pile of wood....thats why I am so glad we have two active dogs in the yard, as they usually keep things like snakes, away. NEVER thought about a "boogey man" or bad guy or bad ghoul. Can we see any of your grandfathers art?

Chrissy, Well it figures, you spent all your energy on the wedding, and now you are verrrry sick. Hate that! Hope you felt well at the wedding though....and you were working on it even that morning! It sure looked gawgeous, and everyone looked very happy and was having a good time. Love the close-up of the dream catchers hanging down, as I didn't notice them in the prior pictures. Soooooo purrrrfect. OK, now you get well, ok??? Dat is a direct order from Dr.Kat! ya see, we are almost ALL drs here, verry ez we jest addd "Dr." to de front of our name. Presto! All kidding aside, I do hope you get well quickliest!

HUGS and MUGS a beer or likker or vino to ALL!!!!!! happy MonKey dey! Hope our Dorkie is feeling better today too! Happy Anniversary Lori!!!!!

Kat

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Sorry DorK, it's monkeyDay and nuttin sparkly. Hope your call was cheeriest and all is going well.

Lara--furensick psycho! Cool. I always wanted to be Quincy, member him?

Kat--I hate snakes. Smokey and the Bandit cool though.

Chrissy-- Feel better...need me to find some more flowers to send to you??

Ok I out the door to get zapped. Second week and already tired of driving. But a goyle gotta do what a goyle gotta do!

Ebberybunny elst, we missing you hopin you all havin the funliest time and just too busy ta dwink!

Happy MonkeyDay ebberybunny!