Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013
    Look at that post--it's all squished together and I double spaced it.

This is triple spaced
  • wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited October 2013

Yes Cami, the cultures just came back early this ayem, and it showed that awful infection is still there. Same infection, just so much worse. She really needs our prayers constantly, it is breaking my heart, and I am sure breaking everyone's heart on this thread. Well, in Dotty's defense, I should say "breaking our farts".

You are so funny, I laff out loud reading your posts. Love your sense of humor!

• wahine
    edited October 2013

MY APOLOGIES ahead of time....I am soooo tired, not thinking well....I know this is a drinking thread, so hope I am not offending anyone, but DH had bought a tray of chicken thighs, so I also searched the internet for crockpot chicken thigh recipes, and this one sounds soooo ono! I love teriyaki chicken but making it in a pot makes such a mess. I think I might try this one today, will let you know if its good.... (Will try Sue's DD's recipe later when I get some breasts)....Well I have breasts, but ya know what I mean....lol...

Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

Servings: 3-4

About This Recipe

"From the "Fix it and Forget It" cookbook of crockpot recipes. Turns out with little effort. We enjoy it served over rice, with a salad on the side. I also use jarred ground ginger and jarred minced garlic--comes out just as well. I often double the sauce ingredients that go on top of the chicken--if you like it with more sauce, I suggest you do this. I also use low-sodium soy sauce, otherwise it will be really salty."

Ingredients

• 6 -8 skinless chicken thighs
    • 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced

Directions

1. Wash and dry chicken. Place in slow cooker.
    2. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken.
    3. Cover. Cook on high 1 hours Reduce heat to low, cook 6-7 hours.
  • wahine
    edited October 2013

OK, after this, I will try not to post, other than DorkAble updates. BUT I just started this teriyaki chicken (which btw is what you get when you order bbq in HI....its either teri chicken or teri beef, unless its bbq pork, then its kalua pig). I noticed it calls for garlic, but I am leaving it out as I have never had garlic in teriyaki chicken, so am just putting in lots of ginger. OH and the "tray" of chicken thighs my DH got is actually many pks...he got it at Costco, so have 6 pks of 4....lol.

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited October 2013

Hola Chicas!!! I have missed you. I can no longer post on BCO with my ipad so this means I had to get off lazy behind and come to my computer.

Happy Dork is in such a good hospital. She has pull out couch and pretty sure we can all fit if we lay sideways so tonight we will have slumber par tay at dorkys. I am bringing disco ball and Kat is bringing DJ. She has room service, a view, and lots of hot docturs to go around.

I am getting house purdy'd up for DH Thursday!!! I will make sure I finish in time for slumber partay at Dork's. (OMG, I am laughing so hard at Walter telling the cockatiel Patrick, "Hey knock it off!" cause he is being noisy!! haha)

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Oh yeah....partay at Dork's Hospital and Spa.....for sure tonight! Glad you are bringing the disco ball Becks, and I will bring the DJ and the GD (gentleman jack)!!! WooHoo....come on girls, we can get the UFO going to pick us all up tonight....

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013

Kay looks yummy thanks for the post oh I know my I - phone auto corrects the wrong way to spell

Dork will b in good hand her PS needs to malpractice law suit

Karen potato knish is my fav

I love matzo ball soup too

We have an amazing Jewish deli here it's called nosh

Ok well my mom is not supposed to drive this surgery hit her hard well she got in the car today and backed it into the house. The car was actually stuck in the corner of the house. I was at her house this morning mom do u need anything no then she try's to sneak off. Stress

Becks glad u r seeing dh

4 u got your hands full

• wahine
    edited October 2013

OMG your mom backed into the HOUSE?????? How much damage? Scary.

• did_nothing_wrong
    did_nothing_wrong Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2013

Hi Cami... this is Dutch... when I am not being a Tender... I work for a software company....

yes in my spare time away from the lounge I work for a software company and like to think I am fairly computer literate. If you would let me I would like to help you get things sorted so you can post like you want. If you can let me know which Operating System and browser you are using I might be able to make some recommendations to get things going for you.

If you do not know what browser version you are using... if you go to the Menu Bar of your browser and click on Help > About... It should tell you what version and all.

Once again just offering assistance... it seems way too many of the Loungettes are having way too much trouble... lets get it sordid... I mean sorted.

All the best to all of you!!!

• did_nothing_wrong
    edited October 2013

I think everyone deserves..... "A Day at the Beach" today

1 oz Coconut Rum... Yum

1/2 oz Amaretto Almond Liqueur

4 oz Orange Juice

1/2 oz grenadine syrup

Shake rum, amaretto, and orange juice in a shaker filled with ice. Strain into a highball glass over ice. Add grenadine and garnish with a pineapple wedge and a strawberry.

• did_nothing_wrong
    edited October 2013

Or if you would prefer... how about having "A Saturday Afternoon..."

1 oz banana liqueur

2 oz coconut rum

1 oz gold rum

1 splash grenadine syrup

3 oz orange juice

4 - 6 oz ginger ale depending on glass

1 slice orange

Add all ingredients except the gingerale and stir. Fill with ginger ale. Garnish with orange slice.

• Orange73
    edited October 2013
    yes backed in the house.

Well had to call a tow
    They some how got the car off the house. The car was stuck on the side of the house.
    The damange is extensive
    She was hysterical
    Im very stressed over this
    I told her mom you cant drive yet
    apparently she went out the other day with out my knowledge and 2 people asked if she needed an ambulance.
    So she thought she would try again
    well now this has happened I am happy because now she has no car to do things behind my back
  • wahine
    edited October 2013

Yikes, that is awful! I know you won't be able to get her car keys from her, but can you be devious? Like if they are regular car keys, maybe exchange them with some others that won't work in her car? Just till she is safe to drive again? OR if the car needs to have a lot of repairs, maybe she will be ok to drive when it is fixed? Sadly, her insurance may go up too. But I am glad SHE wasn't hurt, and no one else was hurt. Here is a big icy STRONG dwink, Lara...but I foigot, maybe it should be vino? Anyway, pull up your favorite bar stool and let Pants take good care of you (or which ever one you want!). This stress can't be good for your healing... (((Lara)))

• camillegal
    edited October 2013
    OK first---Kat now that they know exactly what Dork has can they inaly treat it properly. This is awful, I just can't stand it for poor Dork. This never should have gotten this far with all the times she's been treated--Prayers Dorky loads of them.

And Lara I can't believe u'r mom hit the house like really stuck in there. OMG I know she's all right but maybe this will take the stress of her driving off of u--and u too have suffered enough, it shouldn't happen,

Tender this is all I know Windows 7 Microsoft--I don't know what abrowser is or even how to find it. I went to help and support and it just said that. ?????
  • Orange73
    edited October 2013

your right kat thanks for the stiff drink

Yes she called the insurance company

Cammie all u do is highlight a picture right click the mouse select copy then go to the page you want the pic and press right click again then paste boom there is the pic

I think that's what u wanted hell who cares eyebrows? Browser idk

Those one movie is new

Yes that's is what purge is about really weird movie

Static I just rented it was really good twist

I rent it right off the TV

You know what makes me so mad about my mom my brother is about 45 minutes away with his family and he did not leave to come help me nothing

He said he is coming by Monday for an hour before they drive home

I feel like saying why bother ! He could care less I have a lot in my plate and my moms needs care

Amazing how people can be her own son

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Lara, this always happens....one of us usually is the one that cares for the parents....I don't know how the others can look themselves in the mirror when they are NOT there for their parents. That is the same way I copy a pic here, but it does have to be an internet pic or photobucket or something, not just from our own files. Here's anudder stiff drink.....served by a tender with a stiff......(fill in the blanks!).

NO updates yet on Dorkie... Cami this is the SAME infection she was already being treated for. I think the cultures were to see what type of antib might work for her. IDK....it is just awful.

I am enjoying some chateauneuf du pape. DH opened it last night....well duh its jest me here, so filling up de wine goblets....lol.

Hugs! Kat

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

Sounds very French Kat..I sent you an email about flights I found to FNC.

I have the wenches preparing the UFO for Dorty's Hospital Spa. I think we call squeeze in on the pull out.

Not so bizy work night.

When is Julie coming back? Anyone know?

• camillegal
    edited October 2013
    Lara I'm so sorry u'r brother is helping u like he should. He might just be thinking u have everything under control--really not thinking actually, why don't u tell him?>
    Lara I've tried that and it doesn't work anymore, it just give the numbers of what I'm trying to post.>
    Kat that's right u'r DH left this morning--I hope things are better when he gets there. To much is going on for u too.
  • wahine
    edited October 2013

Yeah Cyn, I don't usually drink red wines, but this one is a good one. I had asked him to start going thru the wine....meaning to see if any of the other ones are still ok, but he opens this good one....sheesh! And he wanted a Guinness instead but thought he was doing what I wanted. Thanks for the flt info, I wish DL was still partnered with TAP, as then it was ez peasy, but now it takes a rocket scientist to figure out the flights! And we have to stay over in Lisbon coming or going, and DH does not like Lisbon anymore (we have had some bad cab rides there. Otherwise its an awesome city). And I don't like Spain, so Lisbon is a better stopping point than anywhere in Spain, for me. I wanted to fly round trip to DUB, but the other roundtrip from DUB to FNC was not working out for the dates, etc. Aarrggghhhhh....but at least you get paid for doing all the travel chit, I sure don't! lol.

Thanks Cami, I think his bro knew he was there, so that was good. I am not sure the exact condition he is in now as DH called from his hospital room.

Still no word from our AdorkABLE....hoping they are treating the infection and will get it GONE this time!!!!

Hugssssss, Kat

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Heard from Dorkie, she has gotten some good sleep today and is feeling lots better. I think she is being spoiled with "room service", myself! lol. Anyway, hoping and praying that the antib's they are giving her, will get rid of that mean infection!!!!

Hugssssss to all, Kat

• camillegal
    edited October 2013
    Kat I know she gets aggravated, but I think some of it is she really needs rest and she can't get it at home so much, plus I think it's hard for her to do nothing for a while, she's like a bee. I'm not saying if she rested she would be fine, but I do think it helps her, so the hospital is the best place for her. And I pray u'r DH can deal with all that is happening.
  • did_nothing_wrong
    edited October 2013

Hi Cami - Good to know about Windows 7 (Operating System). Tthe browser is what you view this website with... When you want to surf the web, do you double click on the icon that looks like a big "e" known as Internet Explorer?

• camillegal
    edited October 2013
    Yes when I start I start with that E like in a box with a yellow stripe in it.
  • did_nothing_wrong
    edited October 2013

Cami - Ok, once you have that open, there should be a menu bar, and on the menu bar you should have selections like - File Edit View..... and then the last one should be Help. If you click help.... one of the selections from that menu should be "About Internet Explorer" IF you click that it will tell you what version of Internet Explorer you are using. Once we know that we can decide what to do to get this to work for you.

Cheers

Dutch

• did_nothing_wrong
    edited October 2013

OK, every girl needs a good "String of Pearls"

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz Vodka

1/2 oz Liqueur - Crème de Cacao - White

1/2 oz Cream - Light

1 Chocolate -White

Instructions

Chill a martini glass. Fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add vodka, cème de Cacao, and half-and-half. Shake vigorously to blend and chill; place chocolate kiss or shaving in bottom of chilled cocktail glass and strain mixture into glass and serve. If you're feeling a bit over-the-top, feel free to drop another 1/2 oz. of Bailey's and maybe, just maybe, a dash of Kahlua or Tia Maria - of course, these are optional, but well worth the experiment, as is a chocolate covered espresso bean to replace the white chocolate kiss.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2013

Oh my Orange....how scary...glad that your mom is okay...hope the house will be okay too......

Kathy....thanks for the updates on Dork

DorK....glad that you went to the ER....and that they are taking good care of you....this has been going on long enough!!! I know we call the beast the RB...but that should be the name of your PS.....

Need a glass of wine.....DH is in a pissy mood and he has put me in one!!!!! He's sitting outside listening to music and I can't even open the windows or I have to listen to it!!! grrrrr!!

Don't want to bitch so just going to send hugs to everyone.....

• Beckers
    edited October 2013

Did you call room service???

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the update on Dorothy !

• Beckers
    edited October 2013

Dorfy's habin too much fun with Dr.McSteamy and room service!

• camillegal
    edited October 2013
    Tender is vGrabber my explorer